just shoot em ..

The mightiest military on the face of the planet, and these people are trying to spin with ROCKS.

This just gets more and more insane.

This is what happens when you obediently relinquish your critical thinking faculties to an ideology. This should be a cautionary tale.

This is what happens when you elect a sociopathic narcissistic con man for POTUS.

a pretty overly-stern warning. but the only thing that would be more stupid is for them to test him and see what happens. i hope to god we don't go there but if you're told "do 123 we'll do xyz" don't get pissed if they do, if you do.
The troops won't be arresting anyone. It's just more .... BOOOLSHIT AIMED AT YOU
The troops aren't allowed to arrest anyone are they? That's the border agents job. The troops will be cleaning the latrines and making chop suey.

No, the military will not be arresting anyone. It's against the Posse Commitatus Act to use the military as law enforcement inside of US borders.

And, our military doesn't have any jurisdiction in the country of Mexico, so they can't arrest them before they cross the border either.
Forgive me, but help me understand. If what you are saying is correct, then that would mean if we were invaded by an enemy force, our military could not act, due to posse comitatus?

Actually, if we were invaded by an armed military force from another country, then yes, the military would be charged with defense. But, not in peacetime.

And..............hate to tell you, but no matter how much you wish it was so, a caravan of immigrants, many of (if not all) who are unarmed, does NOT qualify as an invading force.
pain in the ass, yes. invading force, no.

And..............hate to tell you, but no matter how much you wish it was so, a caravan of immigrants, many of whom are unarmed, does NOT qualify as an invading force.

How naive. While not an invading force, they are at best a nuisance. A nuisance with bad elements embedded in their midst.

You can do plenty of harm with sticks and stones. And assuming that NONE of them are armed is reckless. If one pulls a gun on and shoots an ICE agent or soldier at a port of entry or anywhere on the border, the entire exercise is justified. If one of them tries to beat an ICE agent or soldier with a 10 lb rock, the entire exercise is justified. An attempt to harm or kill members of our border patrol or military with weapons that can kill such as bats, sticks, rocks, or knives makes the entire exercise justified.

It's really odd that you would try to insinuate that every single last one of these caravanners have good intentions when they try to enter our country. That is nothing but a tired, worn out talking point used by the left in an attempt to justify why they think we should let the entirety of Central and Southern America into the US.

No. If you care at all for the safety of our men and women in uniform, you won't get upset if they have to defend themselves if the need arises.

The Posse Comitatus Act and its restrictions has already been debunked
Ah no. The troops will not be arresting anyone .... even if the caravan gets here during our lifetimes. LOL
We'll be into the Christmas season by then. There will be strains of Silent Night in the background as pictures of the caravan trudge forward in the darkness, looking for a room in the inn.
You just wait.

Are you planning to let 20 of the live at your house, pay for their food, clothing, education?
No. Why the fuck should I?
Then why should we let them in our country? Idiot.
I don't know....they are seeking asylum from a violent situation at home? Because that is what we have always done for those seeking safe haven and a chance to get on with their lives?
Because that is what America does, has always done and if I've got anything to say about it, always will.

Trump never said 'just shoot 'em'......Brian Williams (in the OPs link) inferred that meant to 'empty a clip' if rocks are thrown, which is NOT what Trump said. Trump said when they viciously throw rocks (like they did with the Mexican military) consider it a rifle. He DID NOT say 'shoot 'em' or 'empty a clip' into them.

The troops won't have any interaction with the immigrants. They can't, it's against the Posse Comitatus Act.

And, I don't think there is much chance of someone throwing a rock at the military people, because the military is going to be in the background in a support role only.

If anyone thinks that the military is going to keep them from coming across, I'm willing to bet that they don't. The military is going to build tent cities, and they will be on the USA side of the border.

Go tell Brian Williams that.

And..............hate to tell you, but no matter how much you wish it was so, a caravan of immigrants, many of whom are unarmed, does NOT qualify as an invading force.

How naive. While not an invading force, they are at best a nuisance.A nuisance with bad elements embedded in their midst.

You can do plenty of harm with sticks and stones. And assuming that NONE of them are armed is reckless. If one pulls a gun on and shoots an ICE agent or soldier at a port of entry or anywhere on the border, the entire exercise is justified. If one of them tries to beat an ICE agent or soldier with a 10lb rock, the entire exercise is justified. An attempt to harm or kill members of our border patrol or military with weapons that can kill such as bats, sticks, rocks, knives makes the entire exercise justified.

It's really odd that you would try to insinuate that every single last one of these caravanners have good intentions when they try to enter our country. That is nothing but a tired, worn out talking point used by the left in an attempt to justify why they think we should let the entire southern half of North America into the US.

No. If you care at all for the safety of our men and women in uniform, you won't get upset if they have to defend themselves if the need arises.

Hey, for over 20 years, I was one of those men and women in uniform. And, I have absolutely no problem with them defending themselves if they are attacked, but their response should be in line with the action against them.

But, the trouble is, the military isn't going to be anywhere near them. They can only be used in a support role, not as law enforcement.

The troops won't have any interaction with the immigrants. They can't, it's against the Posse Comitatus Act.

And, I don't think there is much chance of someone throwing a rock at the military people, because the military is going to be in the background in a support role only.

If anyone thinks that the military is going to keep them from coming across, I'm willing to bet that they don't. The military is going to build tent cities, and they will be on the USA side of the border.

Why? What did Brian Williams say? You're gonna have to provide a link so I can know what you are talking about.

Ah no. The troops will not be arresting anyone .... even if the caravan gets here during our lifetimes. LOL
We'll be into the Christmas season by then. There will be strains of Silent Night in the background as pictures of the caravan trudge forward in the darkness, looking for a room in the inn.
You just wait.

Are you planning to let 20 of the live at your house, pay for their food, clothing, education?
I don't know....they are seeking asylum from a violent situation at home? Because that is what we have always done for those seeking safe haven and a chance to get on with their lives?
Because that is what America does, has always done and if I've got anything to say about it, always will.

What is the matter with Mexico?

Is that away from the violent situation at home?

How many are you willing to sponsor at your place?

You just wait.

We're full. There are Spanish speaking nations on their own continent where they can go.

This wouldn't fall under posse comitatus would it? Since migration from a foreign country is an international issue, not domestic? I'm not sure, but I would assume posse comitatus would only apply to domestic policies on u.s. soil.

Is that incorrect?

Yes and No. The President has broad powers and he can act alone in
any special emergency to use troops on domestic soil.

It has been done before.
No. What the National Guard Can and Cannot Do on Mexico Border

You are 100% Incorrect. Go back and read the final paragraph, especially
the last sentence.
Are you suggesting congress is going authorize military force on civilians?

THank CHRIST TRUMPS GOT 15K TROOPS TO PROTECT US FROM A CARAVAN THAT'S STUCK 1000 MILES AWAY. I MEAN I WAS SHITTINGMYSELF OVER THAT ONE. EBOLA LEPROSY SMALLPOX .... YOU NEVER KNOW.

This wouldn't fall under posse comitatus would it? Since migration from a foreign country is an international issue, not domestic? I'm not sure, but I would assume posse comitatus would only apply to domestic policies on u.s. soil.

Is that incorrect?

It has been done before.

the last sentence.
What's the response when you are being hit with rocks?

You have no way of knowing if they are truly asylum seekers or border crashers who have a piece of paper given to them by lawyers to read that supposedly guarantees them asylum treatment...... until you interview each and every one. Also, most of these people are young, single males. This is an invasion force supported by Venezuela who, BTW has declared war against the U.S.

Why? What did Brian Williams say? You're gonna have to provide a link so I can know what you are talking about.

Try reading he OP moron.

You know, one of the problems the National Guard had when they went down wasn't so much the immigrants crossing the border, but rather they had a problem with AMERICANS stealing their gear!

One thing that scares me about all this inflammatory rhetoric about the caravan is that some people may decide to go to the border themselves and start shooting people crossing the border.

Is that incorrect?

It has been done before.

the last sentence.

Read the fucking paragraph. They don't need to order it. The President
can act alone in the event of any special emergency.

Forum List

Back