Just who are the "22 million uninsured" under the CBO findings?

let's talk tort reform.

Like Takata Corp ?
The Debate Over Medical Malpractice Tort Reform | MedicalMalpractice.com

"According to the Congressional Budget Office, the direct annual cost to health care providers resulting from malpractice liability is about $35 billion, or about 2% of total health care costs. If Congress were to pass national medical malpractice reform, health insurance premiums for consumers would fall by about 10%."

Opponents of medical malpractice reform argue that rising health care costs have nothing to do with malpractice lawsuits. Instead, according to the AAJ, health insurance companies are to blame. Insurance companies’ annual profits rose from $38.7 billion in 2004 to $61.9 billion in 2007.

Did you read my above comments???

Nice try, but not even close to true. The majority of the 22 million would be people who no longer qualify for Medicad and can't afford private insurance... Also, older people who don't yet qualify for Medicare who's premiums will go up as a result of young people dropping out. On top of all this, people are still going to get sick and people are still going to get in accidents. They will still go to the hospital and need care. The more uninsured that do this the higher the medical care costs are going to get, which will in turn raise costs all around. Yes a shit storm is coming.

If you honestly think that getting millions of people off insurance is going to be a good thing because it saves a few bucks, then I suggest you reevaluate your thinking...
Who pays for those 22 million people to get care? The people that are paying for those 22 million people cannot possibly afford that. So they are bankrupt now…
Most pay for themselves, hopefully we can get more people in the market and bring prices down. The ones that can pay are taken care of throw medicaid. Thinking that it's a good thing to take millions out of the health insurance market makes no sense
What's really stupid is forcing millions into socialized medicine thinking that's a good thing…
Why is it bad?
Because millions want nothing to do with it and will never use it. It's a freedom thing you may not understand
Because millions want nothing to do with it and will never use it. It's a freedom thing you may not understand

Except millions go to hospitals daily, dope.
Freedom to be a douchey free rider.

The fact is that low income people will lose their coverage. How do we know this? The Senate plan will get rid of all of the taxes yet will reduce the deficit. The only way that can happen is if people are forced out of their coverage and cannot use the subsidies. Also the increase after 2018 in the number of people who lose insurance proves that this is not people who didn't want insurance.

Wrong. You liberalism is overriding your ability to read for comprehension again.

Right. I am not a Trump sycophant. I am a compassionate Reagan conservative. There are a few things that is right about Obamacare and I would keep it. However I would give more people the chance to choose the type of package they want. I would get rid of a lot of the bureaucracy surrounding it. I would also keep the subsidies. We need to help people get better paying jobs. That is how you reduce healthcare payments.
why is the government in our healthcare anyway? explain. They aren't in my car insurance. my home owners insurance. why health insurance?

Car insurance is mandated by the states.

Can you guess why?

Nice try, but not even close to true. The majority of the 22 million would be people who no longer qualify for Medicad and can't afford private insurance... Also, older people who don't yet qualify for Medicare who's premiums will go up as a result of young people dropping out. On top of all this, people are still going to get sick and people are still going to get in accidents. They will still go to the hospital and need care. The more uninsured that do this the higher the medical care costs are going to get, which will in turn raise costs all around. Yes a shit storm is coming.

If you honestly think that getting millions of people off insurance is going to be a good thing because it saves a few bucks, then I suggest you reevaluate your thinking...
bull shit. it's the young people that don't want to buy insurance, it's a fking scam like the russia thingy.
So you are standing up for the rights of the young people, those just out of college, who don't even think about serious medical illness? You think it's a good thing for them not to have health insurance?
they do, it's their right. or do you think you should control them? Wow aren't you the little dictator.
Is it being a dictator to require car insurance to drive a car? How about to charge taxes to buy or sell goods and earn an income? Or charge a HOA fee to live in a residential community?
so where is the legislation that is written for that? You think everyone carries car insurance? LOL. only people who drive carry insurance.
Stupid logic.
You don't have to have health insurance at all. Just don't seek care then when you need it.

Yeah! Why isn't the media talking about the good parts of 22 million people being shit out of luck!

So what I'm reading here from Trump nation is the elderly in nursing homes are going to want to opt out of life... because... FREEDOM.

Yeah! Why isn't the media talking about the good parts of 22 million people being shit out of luck!
The fact that close to a dozen republicans can't even hold their nose and vote for this monstrosity is totally lost on the Trump whores.

Don't confuse the issue!
The 22 million are people that bought insurance because they didn't want to pay a penalty!
NOT because they needed insurance, but because they were going to be penalized!

primarily because the penalty for not having insurance would be eliminated.

I DIDN"T say that! The CBO said: "primarily because the penalty for not having insurance would be eliminated"!
You disputing the CBO's OWN reason these 22 million bought insurance?

So the MSM/Democrats have been crying about 22 million will become UNINSURED!!
OH WOE!!! CBS/ABC/NBC all lead on the CBO findings "22 million will be UNINSURED!
ONLY Fox gave a fair assessment:"While 22 million will be uninsured the FEDERAL DEFICIT WOULD BE REDUCED BY $321 BILLION!!!!

DID THE MSM LEAD WITH THAT? OF COURSE NOT! BIASED NEWS PRESENTING ONLY
WHAT THEY PERCEIVED AS THE "BAD NEWS" 22 MILLION WILL BE UNINSURED!

The Congressional Budget Office and the staff of the Joint Committee on Taxation (JCT) have completed an estimate of the direct spending and revenue effects of the Better Care Reconciliation Act of 2017, a CBO and JCT estimate that enacting this legislation would reduce the cumulative federal deficit over the 2017-2026 period by $321 billion. That amount is $202 billion more than the estimated net savings for the version of H.R. 1628 that was passed by the House of Representatives.

CBO and JCT estimate that, in 2018, 15 million more people would be uninsured under this legislation than under current law—primarily because the penalty for not having insurance would be eliminated.
The increase in the number of uninsured people relative to the number projected under current law would reach 19 million in 2020 and 22 million in 2026.
H.R. 1628, Better Care Reconciliation Act of 2017
"primarily because the penalty for not having insurance"
BUT WAIT! WHY WON'T THEY BE INSURED?
Because they WON"T BE PENALIZED for not having insurance!
REALLY!

They won't be penalized i.e. forced to buy something they may not NEED!!!!
Again folks THERE NEVER WERE 46 million people that were legal citizens, that KNEW about Medicaid qualifications and that WANTE health insurance! IT WAS A FABRICATION!!!
View attachment 135658

Only true idiots think that fewer people covered is a better deal.

THERE NEVER were 46 million uninsured people! NEVER!
it was a total fabrication!
10 million were not legal Americans!
14 million were eligible but didn't know it! They all could have been covered! This included 9 million children eligible!
18 million were under 34, could afford health insurance but because they didn't want it, or they had medical savings accounts instead or whatever
they were phonily COUNTED! And that was wrong!
Then what about the 5 million veterans covered under the VA? Were they "uninsured"???
See there were so many phony numbers here that people just kept repeating without LOOKING at the substance!
Never were 46 million uninsured Americans. Never!

OH WOE!!! CBS/ABC/NBC all lead on the CBO findings "22 million will be UNINSURED!
ONLY Fox gave a fair assessment:"While 22 million will be uninsured the FEDERAL DEFICIT WOULD BE REDUCED BY $321 BILLION!!!!

The Congressional Budget Office and the staff of the Joint Committee on Taxation (JCT) have completed an estimate of the direct spending and revenue effects of the Better Care Reconciliation Act of 2017, a CBO and JCT estimate that enacting this legislation would reduce the cumulative federal deficit over the 2017-2026 period by $321 billion. That amount is $202 billion more than the estimated net savings for the version of H.R. 1628 that was passed by the House of Representatives.

CBO and JCT estimate that, in 2018, 15 million more people would be uninsured under this legislation than under current law—primarily because the penalty for not having insurance would be eliminated.
The increase in the number of uninsured people relative to the number projected under current law would reach 19 million in 2020 and 22 million in 2026.
REALLY!

Again folks THERE NEVER WERE 46 million people that were legal citizens, that KNEW about Medicaid qualifications and that WANTE health insurance! IT WAS A FABRICATION!!!
View attachment 135658

they aren't covered today. have you looked at the stats of what has happened to the states and coverage? do you know how many opted out? just a question, do you? what is that number?

REALLY!

View attachment 135658

how many people that go to a doctor actually use their insurance? It's called deductible and out of pocket money. 90% of those covered have these costs directly out of pocket when they go to a doctor visit. so, how is it they benefit? They only benefit with insurance when they reach their out of pocket and mine is $6,000 dollars. The most I pay to doctors a year is about 1,000. Insurance does not cover any of it. So I pay for insurance that I can't even use cause of out of pocket stipulations.

The fact is that low income people will lose their coverage. How do we know this? The Senate plan will get rid of all of the taxes yet will reduce the deficit. The only way that can happen is if people are forced out of their coverage and cannot use the subsidies. Also the increase after 2018 in the number of people who lose insurance proves that this is not people who didn't want insurance.

Wrong. You liberalism is overriding your ability to read for comprehension again.

Right. I am not a Trump sycophant. I am a compassionate Reagan conservative. There are a few things that is right about Obamacare and I would keep it. However I would give more people the chance to choose the type of package they want. I would get rid of a lot of the bureaucracy surrounding it. I would also keep the subsidies. We need to help people get better paying jobs. That is how you reduce healthcare payments.
why is the government in our healthcare anyway? explain. They aren't in my car insurance. my home owners insurance. why health insurance?

Car insurance is mandated by the states.

Can you guess why?
do they ask others to pay for those who can't afford it?

bull shit. it's the young people that don't want to buy insurance, it's a fking scam like the russia thingy.
So you are standing up for the rights of the young people, those just out of college, who don't even think about serious medical illness? You think it's a good thing for them not to have health insurance?
they do, it's their right. or do you think you should control them? Wow aren't you the little dictator.
Is it being a dictator to require car insurance to drive a car? How about to charge taxes to buy or sell goods and earn an income? Or charge a HOA fee to live in a residential community?
so where is the legislation that is written for that? You think everyone carries car insurance? LOL. only people who drive carry insurance.
Stupid logic.
You don't have to have health insurance at all. Just don't seek care then when you need it.
no, that isn't allowed, there is a fine. And I can go pay cash to a doctor. Why can't you?

Who pays for those 22 million people to get care? The people that are paying for those 22 million people cannot possibly afford that. So they are bankrupt now…
Most pay for themselves, hopefully we can get more people in the market and bring prices down. The ones that can pay are taken care of throw medicaid. Thinking that it's a good thing to take millions out of the health insurance market makes no sense
What's really stupid is forcing millions into socialized medicine thinking that's a good thing…
Why is it bad?

"Millions to hospital daily" Hey where did you get that statistic you DOPE... because here is the FACT!

Number of visits: 110.8 million per or divided by 365.25 days per year... equals 303,353 per DAY... and all of them may not have insurance...
but it certainly is not in the MILLIONS!

And more importantly:
In 2009–2010, a total of 19.6 million emergency department (ED) visits in the United States were made by persons aged 65 and over. Almost all are covered by Medicare so subtract from 130.4 million these 19.6 million.
From the Centers for Disease control a federal agency you dummy!
FastStats

again idiots like you that make guesses are why we have stupid decisions made by stupid people who read stupid comments like YOURS and believe them!

REALLY!

View attachment 135658

THERE NEVER were 46 million uninsured people! NEVER!
it was a total fabrication!
10 million were not legal Americans!
14 million were eligible but didn't know it! They all could have been covered! This included 9 million children eligible!
18 million were under 34, could afford health insurance but because they didn't want it, or they had medical savings accounts instead or whatever
they were phonily COUNTED! And that was wrong!
Then what about the 5 million veterans covered under the VA? Were they "uninsured"???
See there were so many phony numbers here that people just kept repeating without LOOKING at the substance!
Never were 46 million uninsured Americans. Never!

I never said there were, fool.

Stupid logic.
no, that isn't allowed, there is a fine. And I can go pay cash to a doctor. Why can't you?
You can't even follow your own post, dope.

You stated that you don't have to have car insurance if you don't drive. Well, then the same is true for health insurance. You don't have to have it, just don't seek care.

Why is it bad?

"Millions to hospital daily" Hey where did you get that statistic you DOPE... because here is the FACT!

Number of visits: 110.8 million per or divided by 365.25 days per year... equals 303,353 per DAY... and all of them may not have insurance...
but it certainly is not in the MILLIONS!

And more importantly:
In 2009–2010, a total of 19.6 million emergency department (ED) visits in the United States were made by persons aged 65 and over. Almost all are covered by Medicare so subtract from 130.4 million these 19.6 million.
From the Centers for Disease control a federal agency you dummy!
FastStats

again idiots like you that make guesses are why we have stupid decisions made by stupid people who read stupid comments like YOURS and believe them!

The point is the same, dope. Try speaking to that.

REALLY!

View attachment 135658

how many people that go to a doctor actually use their insurance? It's called deductible and out of pocket money. 90% of those covered have these costs directly out of pocket when they go to a doctor visit. so, how is it they benefit? They only benefit with insurance when they reach their out of pocket and mine is $6,000 dollars. The most I pay to doctors a year is about 1,000. Insurance does not cover any of it. So I pay for insurance that I can't even use cause of out of pocket stipulations.

No one goes broke from a wellness visit, dope.

Your policy is meant to cover you financially if the need arises. Are you able to pay for the $200k surgery and week long ICU stay after your accident? Of course not. You would happily dump that on the rest of us.

REALLY!

View attachment 135658

No one goes broke from a wellness visit, dope.

Your policy is meant to cover you financially if the need arises. Are you able to pay for the $200k surgery and week long ICU stay after your accident? Of course not. You would happily dump that on the rest of us.

Just a point to what you said "after your accident".... If you were in an accident your health insurance wouldn't pay!
Either the home insurance if it were an accident your home or your car insurance if in a car pays the bills. Not the health insurance.

Why is it bad?

All most 125 thousand people have died from medical errors so far this year... a much larger problem than people using firearms in violence...
2017 Real Time Death Statistics in America

Forum List

Back