Just who are the "22 million uninsured" under the CBO findings?

I'll do some digging. In the mean time please provide your data that shows all 22 million that will lose their insurance are voluntary opt outs
well did the CBO state who the 22 million would be? if they didn't, then how can anyone answer that? Why doesn't the CBO give who those 22 million are? Because they can't because it's made up.
I've only heard analysis that referred to the 22 mill being those who won't get Medicaid, those who get prices out and those who opt out
Is it being a dictator to require car insurance to drive a car? How about to charge taxes to buy or sell goods and earn an income? Or charge a HOA fee to live in a residential community?
so where is the legislation that is written for that? You think everyone carries car insurance? LOL. only people who drive carry insurance.
Can you not see the point? They aren't the exact same situations but carry similar principles.

LOOK I copied directly from the CBO...https://www.cbo.gov/system/files/115th-congress-2017-2018/costestimate/52849-hr1628senate.pdf
CBO and JCT estimate that, in 2018, 15 million more people would be uninsured under this legislation than under current law—
primarily because the penalty for not having insurance would be eliminated.

NOW people!!! THINK!!!! Everyone I mean everyone talks about "more people would be uninsured"!!!!
NOT one person,i.e. CBO, Obama even GOPers ask this simple question..."How many of these 15 million really NEED and WANT health insurance?
Listen folks....
AGAIN...18 million were under 34 years, make over $50,000 and didn't WANT or need employers' health programs!
Over half of them (9.7 million) in households with incomes that exceed $75,000 annually. -
CRISIS OF THE UNINSURED: 2009

WHY didn't they want or need insurance?
A) Many had health savings accounts which met their needs better then their employers' plan! Seriously why have money deducted to go to a group plan
when you can have BEFORE tax deduction going to your savings account and YOU control the spending!
B) Many UNDER 34 just didn't NEED insurance! Seriously folks look at reality from the insurance companies perspective!
QUESTION for all of you who haven't thought about this! Why would a health insurance policy for a 30 year old cost less then for a 50 year OLD???
DUH!!! I know I KNOW! But translate that to reality! Because the insurance companies KNOW from experience that a 30 year will NOT need health services! PERIOD!
Comprehend?
I understand your points and you make some good ones. I'd much rather see measures to lower healthcare costs and handle these things personally, but that just isn't our reality and unfortunately we need insurance to cover medical costs. When a week in the hospital can run over a quarter of a million dollars, people just don't have that kind of cash laying around.

So we can't just go from our current system to nothing. I'm fine with young people opting into health savings plans instead of insurance. Just know that the more that do that the higher premiums are going to get for those in the marketplace. There is a cause and effect for everything

You want a villain in all this? Want to know WHY hospital bills are so high?
ANSWER! EMTALA!
In 1986, Congress enacted the Emergency Medical Treatment & Labor Act (EMTALA) to ensure public access to emergency services regardless of ability to pay. Section 1867 of the Social Security Act imposes specific obligations on Medicare-participating hospitals that offer emergency services to provide a medical screening examination (MSE) when a request is made for examination or treatment for an emergency medical condition (EMC), including active labor, regardless of an individual's ability to pay. Hospitals are then required to provide stabilizing treatment for patients with EMCs. If a hospital is unable to stabilize a patient within its capability, or if the patient requests, an appropriate transfer should be implemented.
Emergency Medical Treatment & Labor Act (EMTALA) - Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services

Now this was a compassionate idea that once again turned into an avalanche with people with no insurance go into the emergency room for sniffles.

The hospital then absorbs the costs known as "Uncompensated Care" costs were $6,822,970
So if you are from the Northwest may know this hospital:
Legacy Emanuel Medical Center in Portland Or.
Their gross revenues in 2016 were $1,674,267,308.
So how do they recover this $6,822,970 costs?
As one hospital CEO when asked "How do hospitals deal with the cost of the uninsured? His answer" Like any business, we pass it on to the paying customers."
They pass it on in the form of billing the paying customers, i.e. Medicare, health insurance companies, etc.
So how do they pass it ON?
Again Legacy Emanuel...
Well for example they performed CT Scans on 1,765 patients that the AVERAGE CHARGE per scan is: $1,576
Yet the Average Cost to do the scan: $135
What Medicare Paid per claim: $182
Guess who pays the $1,576 IF there is no negotiations i.e. the insurance companies?
This is how the health care system works...the organizations that pay are overcharged to cover the "uninsured"!

Solution? There is one and I'll share if you want to know!

ANSWER! Defensive Medicine!
View attachment 135861
We are villains for making a law that requires hospitals to treat sick people? You think it better to let them suffer and/or die in the streets or in the waiting room if they can't verify that they can pay for the service?

I guess our definitions of Villain are quite different.

Can the operations of the bill be improved... of course, anything can be improved!!

well did the CBO state who the 22 million would be? if they didn't, then how can anyone answer that? Why doesn't the CBO give who those 22 million are? Because they can't because it's made up.
I've only heard analysis that referred to the 22 mill being those who won't get Medicaid, those who get prices out and those who opt out
so where is the legislation that is written for that? You think everyone carries car insurance? LOL. only people who drive carry insurance.
Can you not see the point? They aren't the exact same situations but carry similar principles.

LOOK I copied directly from the CBO...https://www.cbo.gov/system/files/115th-congress-2017-2018/costestimate/52849-hr1628senate.pdf
CBO and JCT estimate that, in 2018, 15 million more people would be uninsured under this legislation than under current law—

NOW people!!! THINK!!!! Everyone I mean everyone talks about "more people would be uninsured"!!!!
NOT one person,i.e. CBO, Obama even GOPers ask this simple question..."How many of these 15 million really NEED and WANT health insurance?
Listen folks....
AGAIN...18 million were under 34 years, make over $50,000 and didn't WANT or need employers' health programs!
Over half of them (9.7 million) in households with incomes that exceed $75,000 annually. -

A) Many had health savings accounts which met their needs better then their employers' plan! Seriously why have money deducted to go to a group plan
when you can have BEFORE tax deduction going to your savings account and YOU control the spending!
B) Many UNDER 34 just didn't NEED insurance! Seriously folks look at reality from the insurance companies perspective!
QUESTION for all of you who haven't thought about this! Why would a health insurance policy for a 30 year old cost less then for a 50 year OLD???
DUH!!! I know I KNOW! But translate that to reality! Because the insurance companies KNOW from experience that a 30 year will NOT need health services! PERIOD!
Comprehend?
I understand your points and you make some good ones. I'd much rather see measures to lower healthcare costs and handle these things personally, but that just isn't our reality and unfortunately we need insurance to cover medical costs. When a week in the hospital can run over a quarter of a million dollars, people just don't have that kind of cash laying around.

So we can't just go from our current system to nothing. I'm fine with young people opting into health savings plans instead of insurance. Just know that the more that do that the higher premiums are going to get for those in the marketplace. There is a cause and effect for everything

ANSWER! EMTALA!
In 1986, Congress enacted the Emergency Medical Treatment & Labor Act (EMTALA) to ensure public access to emergency services regardless of ability to pay. Section 1867 of the Social Security Act imposes specific obligations on Medicare-participating hospitals that offer emergency services to provide a medical screening examination (MSE) when a request is made for examination or treatment for an emergency medical condition (EMC), including active labor, regardless of an individual's ability to pay. Hospitals are then required to provide stabilizing treatment for patients with EMCs. If a hospital is unable to stabilize a patient within its capability, or if the patient requests, an appropriate transfer should be implemented.
Emergency Medical Treatment & Labor Act (EMTALA) - Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services

Now this was a compassionate idea that once again turned into an avalanche with people with no insurance go into the emergency room for sniffles.

The hospital then absorbs the costs known as "Uncompensated Care" costs were $6,822,970
As one hospital CEO when asked "How do hospitals deal with the cost of the uninsured? His answer" Like any business, we pass it on to the paying customers."
They pass it on in the form of billing the paying customers, i.e. Medicare, health insurance companies, etc.
Again Legacy Emanuel...
Well for example they performed CT Scans on 1,765 patients that the AVERAGE CHARGE per scan is: $1,576
Guess who pays the $1,576 IF there is no negotiations i.e. the insurance companies?
This is how the health care system works...the organizations that pay are overcharged to cover the "uninsured"!

View attachment 135861
We are villains for making a law that requires hospitals to treat sick people? You think it better to let them suffer and/or die in the streets or in the waiting room if they can't verify that they can pay for the service?

Can the operations of the bill be improved... of course, anything can be improved!!
let's talk tort reform.

Listen folks....

Comprehend?

ANSWER! EMTALA!

Again Legacy Emanuel...

View attachment 135861

let's talk tort reform.

New study shows that the savings from 'tort reform' are mythical

Listen folks....

Comprehend?

ANSWER! EMTALA!

Again Legacy Emanuel...

View attachment 135861

let's talk tort reform.

and 22 million will lose coverage. LOL. yep only from the wisdom of a lib.

ANSWER! EMTALA!

Again Legacy Emanuel...

View attachment 135861

let's talk tort reform.

So you want to talk tort reform then don't?

ANSWER! EMTALA!

Again Legacy Emanuel...

View attachment 135861

let's talk tort reform.

Is this how you talk about tort reform?

Listen folks....

Comprehend?

ANSWER! EMTALA!

Again Legacy Emanuel...

View attachment 135861

let's talk tort reform.

100% Agree!
FACT... 1946 Federal Tort Act
The FTCA,with few exceptions, provides the exclusive means by which individuals can seek compensation when injured by federal employees acting within the scope of their work for the federal government; in effect, the FTCA largely immunizes federal government employees from tort liability,including medical malpractice.
https://biotech.law.lsu.edu/blaw/GAO/d09693r.pdf

So as a result instead of 92% of physicians practicing "defensive Medicine"
less then 48% of doctors as federal government employees reported doing "defensive medicine"!

Now a solution is simple!
In ACA tanning salons were TAXED 10% because tanning caused cancer!
OK... Why not tax lawyers' $270 billion a year 10% and have it tied to reduction in the $1 trillion "defensive medicine" costs... i.e if defensive medicine costs
decline 10% the tax declines 1%! That's it!
NOW with the $27 billion coming in from lawyers the Uninsured Health Ins. Co. would be established.
So anytime an uninsured person goes into emergency room, the patient is stabilized and then means tested. Are they covered by Medicaid? Employer? And
if they are NOT qualified for any federal program.. they are qualified for UHIC! The hospital sends UHIC the claims...AND the hospital agrees though that
discounts are offered so they don't have to charge UHIC or other insurance companies to pay for the uninsured costs!
With less then 5 million truly UNINSURED that didn't qualify for Medicaid, etc., this $27 billion would provide $5,000 a year premium for each of the 5 million!
That simple.
Now with defensive medicine costs dropping insurance companies by state laws must lower their premiums as premiums are generally calculated on claims paid!
So any insurance company coming to insurance board wanting to raise rates has to prove their cost have increased...BUT with defensive medicine say dropping
20% that means $200 billion a year the insurance companies don't have to pay! Hence premiums drop!
Simples facts of actuarial/financial and common sense!

It's estimated that the U.S. supports anywhere from ten to twenty million illegal aliens. Is it the dream of the democrat party that the hard working middle class goes broke paying for health care so that criminal illegal aliens can get it for free?

Anyone that applied for health insurance had to prove they were in the country legally and if they could not at the time of application either didn't get or was allowed to submit proof in 90 days, now 60 or it was cancelled immediately.

I did hear of a couple cases getting by the rules on West the first year, but they were caught. So no illegals did not get obamacare.

Just a correction.... You had a double negative. "no illegals did not get obamacare"... two negatives make a positive.
Maybe you should have stated "Obama care did not cover any illegals"!
But is that true???
the Administration has allowed all of the nearly one million applicants who initially provided immigration information “inconsistent” with the government’s records to keep their coverage until the end of September, giving them until September 5, and then until September 30, to submit documentation verifying their legal status. (Id.; Washington Examiner, Sept. 15, 2014; State Column, Sept. 16, 2014)
According to the latest information the government has released, as of Sept. 5, 115,000 had not submitted documents and were set to lose coverage today. (Id.)

“The Obama Administration,” the Senator explained, “has been granting deadline extensions, making excuses, and turning a blind eye to falsified documents by illegal immigrants. Enough is enough, and they need to provide answers to why they think illegal immigrants should be eligible for Obamacare.”
How Many Illegal Aliens Have Received Obamacare? | ImmigrationReform.com

So your UNDOCUMENTED statement"So no illegals did not get obamacare." is not only grammatically incorrect but FACTUALLY!
"one million applicants who initially provided immigration information “inconsistent”

I did say some got through the system but lost their coverage because they didn't prove it and that was 2014, but not necessarily people that signed up for a 1/1 effective date of that year. We had a longer open enrollment that year and they gave people that had to document status a little longer. The ones that got through most likely had help from an agent. You can copy and paste anything you want but I'm telling you that's not the way it works.

It's estimated that the U.S. supports anywhere from ten to twenty million illegal aliens. Is it the dream of the democrat party that the hard working middle class goes broke paying for health care so that criminal illegal aliens can get it for free?

Anyone that applied for health insurance had to prove they were in the country legally and if they could not at the time of application either didn't get or was allowed to submit proof in 90 days, now 60 or it was cancelled immediately.

I did hear of a couple cases getting by the rules on West the first year, but they were caught. So no illegals did not get obamacare.

Just a correction.... You had a double negative. "no illegals did not get obamacare"... two negatives make a positive.
But is that true???
the Administration has allowed all of the nearly one million applicants who initially provided immigration information “inconsistent” with the government’s records to keep their coverage until the end of September, giving them until September 5, and then until September 30, to submit documentation verifying their legal status. (Id.; Washington Examiner, Sept. 15, 2014; State Column, Sept. 16, 2014)
According to the latest information the government has released, as of Sept. 5, 115,000 had not submitted documents and were set to lose coverage today. (Id.)

“The Obama Administration,” the Senator explained, “has been granting deadline extensions, making excuses, and turning a blind eye to falsified documents by illegal immigrants. Enough is enough, and they need to provide answers to why they think illegal immigrants should be eligible for Obamacare.”

So your UNDOCUMENTED statement"So no illegals did not get obamacare." is not only grammatically incorrect but FACTUALLY!
"one million applicants who initially provided immigration information “inconsistent”

I did say some got through the system but lost their coverage because they didn't prove it and that was 2014, but not necessarily people that signed up for a 1/1 effective date of that year. We had a longer open enrollment that year and they gave people that had to document status a little longer. The ones that got through most likely had help from an agent. You can copy and paste anything you want but I'm telling you that's not the way it works.

1 million "keep their coverage until the end of September" ,How Many Illegal Aliens Have Received Obamacare? | ImmigrationReform.com
is not a "couple cases getting by the rules on West"!

Also you provide NO LINKS to substantiate your personal subjective opinion.
I provide links that are NOT copy and paste but FACTS you can go read if you are a truly honest person!
But I doubt you will alter your position because like that old statement..."don't confuse me with the facts, my mind is made up"!

But is that true???

The report, produced by Republicans on the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee,
examined Affordable Care Act tax credits meant to defray the cost of insurance premiums.
It found that as of June 2015, “the Administration awarded approximately $750 million in tax credits on behalf of individuals who were later determined to be ineligible because they failed to verify their citizenship, status as a national, or legal presence.”

The review found the credits went to more than 500,000 people – who are illegal immigrants or whose legal status was unclear due to insufficient records.

The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services confirmed to FoxNews.com on Monday that 471,000 customers with 2015 coverage failed to produce proper documentation on their citizenship or immigration status on time – but stressed that this does not necessarily mean they’re ineligible.
Senate report: Illegal immigrants benefited from up to $750M in ObamaCare subsidies

But is that true???

1 million "keep their coverage until the end of September" ,How Many Illegal Aliens Have Received Obamacare? | ImmigrationReform.com
is not a "couple cases getting by the rules on West"!

Also you provide NO LINKS to substantiate your personal subjective opinion.
I provide links that are NOT copy and paste but FACTS you can go read if you are a truly honest person!
But I doubt you will alter your position because like that old statement..."don't confuse me with the facts, my mind is made up"!

I can sign up an illegal up Nov 1 - Dec 15th for a Jan 1 effective date and it will effectuated if they pay their premium Jan 1, depending on how much time CMS give thems for 2018, most likely 60 days, if they can't prove it and therefore lose their coverage.

But is that true???

The report, produced by Republicans on the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee,
examined Affordable Care Act tax credits meant to defray the cost of insurance premiums.
It found that as of June 2015, “the Administration awarded approximately $750 million in tax credits on behalf of individuals who were later determined to be ineligible because they failed to verify their citizenship, status as a national, or legal presence.”

The review found the credits went to more than 500,000 people – who are illegal immigrants or whose legal status was unclear due to insufficient records.

The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services confirmed to FoxNews.com on Monday that 471,000 customers with 2015 coverage failed to produce proper documentation on their citizenship or immigration status on time – but stressed that this does not necessarily mean they’re ineligible.
Senate report: Illegal immigrants benefited from up to $750M in ObamaCare subsidies

Yes, some got through and lost coverage, some were not illegal. The marketplace routinely lost documents the first 3 years and probably still do.

400,000 immigrants lose Obamacare coverage

the Administration has allowed all of the nearly one million applicants who initially provided immigration information “inconsistent” with the government’s records to keep their coverage until the end of September, giving them until September 5, and then until September 30, to submit documentation verifying their legal status.

Tax credits provide a dollar-for dollar reduction of your income tax liability. This means that a $1,000 tax credit saves you $1,000 in taxes.

So much for claiming these people are part of the 47 million who don't pay federal income taxes.

So the MSM/Democrats have been crying about 22 million will become UNINSURED!!
OH WOE!!! CBS/ABC/NBC all lead on the CBO findings "22 million will be UNINSURED!
ONLY Fox gave a fair assessment:"While 22 million will be uninsured the FEDERAL DEFICIT WOULD BE REDUCED BY $321 BILLION!!!!

DID THE MSM LEAD WITH THAT? OF COURSE NOT! BIASED NEWS PRESENTING ONLY
WHAT THEY PERCEIVED AS THE "BAD NEWS" 22 MILLION WILL BE UNINSURED!

The Congressional Budget Office and the staff of the Joint Committee on Taxation (JCT) have completed an estimate of the direct spending and revenue effects of the Better Care Reconciliation Act of 2017, a CBO and JCT estimate that enacting this legislation would reduce the cumulative federal deficit over the 2017-2026 period by $321 billion. That amount is $202 billion more than the estimated net savings for the version of H.R. 1628 that was passed by the House of Representatives.

CBO and JCT estimate that, in 2018, 15 million more people would be uninsured under this legislation than under current law—primarily because the penalty for not having insurance would be eliminated.
The increase in the number of uninsured people relative to the number projected under current law would reach 19 million in 2020 and 22 million in 2026.
H.R. 1628, Better Care Reconciliation Act of 2017
"primarily because the penalty for not having insurance"
BUT WAIT! WHY WON'T THEY BE INSURED?
Because they WON"T BE PENALIZED for not having insurance!
REALLY!

They won't be penalized i.e. forced to buy something they may not NEED!!!!
Again folks THERE NEVER WERE 46 million people that were legal citizens, that KNEW about Medicaid qualifications and that WANTE health insurance! IT WAS A FABRICATION!!!
View attachment 135658

so how much did you get payed for that insanity?

While I'm no more a fan of Ridiculous Pig 2.0 than I am of Ridiculous Pig 1.0, let's see if the GOP's predictions come true: That millions will be able to afford a plan if the insurance companies can drop premiums because of more competition and leeway, and fewer restrictions, such as Essential Health Benefits. I don't know for sure, any more than anyone else here, how that will go.

I'm doubtful, but just as with Trump's presidency, I'd be happy to be proven wrong. You can shove it right in my face if it works.

The rest of this crap is just the standard partisan noise.

So the MSM/Democrats have been crying about 22 million will become UNINSURED!!
OH WOE!!! CBS/ABC/NBC all lead on the CBO findings "22 million will be UNINSURED!
ONLY Fox gave a fair assessment:"While 22 million will be uninsured the FEDERAL DEFICIT WOULD BE REDUCED BY $321 BILLION!!!!

DID THE MSM LEAD WITH THAT? OF COURSE NOT! BIASED NEWS PRESENTING ONLY
WHAT THEY PERCEIVED AS THE "BAD NEWS" 22 MILLION WILL BE UNINSURED!

The Congressional Budget Office and the staff of the Joint Committee on Taxation (JCT) have completed an estimate of the direct spending and revenue effects of the Better Care Reconciliation Act of 2017, a CBO and JCT estimate that enacting this legislation would reduce the cumulative federal deficit over the 2017-2026 period by $321 billion. That amount is $202 billion more than the estimated net savings for the version of H.R. 1628 that was passed by the House of Representatives.

CBO and JCT estimate that, in 2018, 15 million more people would be uninsured under this legislation than under current law—primarily because the penalty for not having insurance would be eliminated.
The increase in the number of uninsured people relative to the number projected under current law would reach 19 million in 2020 and 22 million in 2026.
H.R. 1628, Better Care Reconciliation Act of 2017
"primarily because the penalty for not having insurance"
BUT WAIT! WHY WON'T THEY BE INSURED?
Because they WON"T BE PENALIZED for not having insurance!
REALLY!

They won't be penalized i.e. forced to buy something they may not NEED!!!!
Again folks THERE NEVER WERE 46 million people that were legal citizens, that KNEW about Medicaid qualifications and that WANTE health insurance! IT WAS A FABRICATION!!!
View attachment 135658

so how much did you get payed for that insanity?

healhless provides horseshit free of charge ! has a sign around his neck saying so ...

6 promises Trump has made about health care

promises Trump has made about health care

‘INSURANCE FOR EVERYBODY’
Before he was sworn in, President Trump made a bold promise: The as-yet-unreleased Obamacare repeal and replacement plan would have “insurance for everybody.”

“We’re going to have insurance for everybody,” Trump said in an interview with The Washington Post. “There was a philosophy in some circles that if you can’t pay for it, you don’t get it. That’s not going to happen with us.”

‘NO CUTS … TO MEDICAID’:

As his run for president took shape, candidate Trump boasted via Twitter, “I was the first & only potential GOP candidate to state there will be no cuts to Social Security, Medicare & Medicaid”

‘NO ONE WILL LOSE COVERAGE’

Trump counselor Kellyanne Conway made a promise that almost certainly can’t be met with the House bill: “We don't want anyone who currently has insurance to not have insurance.”

As he campaigned for the White House that he declared in an interview with CBS’ “60 Minutes”: “I am going to take care of everybody … Everybody’s going to be taken care of much better than they’re taken care of now.” More recently, Trump has promised that repeal will end with “a beautiful picture.

6 promises Trump has made about health care

promises Trump has made about health care

‘INSURANCE FOR EVERYBODY’
Before he was sworn in, President Trump made a bold promise: The as-yet-unreleased Obamacare repeal and replacement plan would have “insurance for everybody.”

“We’re going to have insurance for everybody,” Trump said in an interview with The Washington Post. “There was a philosophy in some circles that if you can’t pay for it, you don’t get it. That’s not going to happen with us.”

‘NO CUTS … TO MEDICAID’:

As his run for president took shape, candidate Trump boasted via Twitter, “I was the first & only potential GOP candidate to state there will be no cuts to Social Security, Medicare & Medicaid”

‘NO ONE WILL LOSE COVERAGE’

Trump counselor Kellyanne Conway made a promise that almost certainly can’t be met with the House bill: “We don't want anyone who currently has insurance to not have insurance.”

As he campaigned for the White House that he declared in an interview with CBS’ “60 Minutes”: “I am going to take care of everybody … Everybody’s going to be taken care of much better than they’re taken care of now.” More recently, Trump has promised that repeal will end with “a beautiful picture.
23 Obama Quotes That Turned Out To Be Broken Promises Or Cold-Hearted Lies
Screen Shot 2017-06-27 at 6.56.52 PM.png

Forum List

Back