Just who are the "22 million uninsured" under the CBO findings?

6 promises Trump has made about health care

promises Trump has made about health care

‘INSURANCE FOR EVERYBODY’
Before he was sworn in, President Trump made a bold promise: The as-yet-unreleased Obamacare repeal and replacement plan would have “insurance for everybody.”

“We’re going to have insurance for everybody,” Trump said in an interview with The Washington Post. “There was a philosophy in some circles that if you can’t pay for it, you don’t get it. That’s not going to happen with us.”

‘NO CUTS … TO MEDICAID’:

As his run for president took shape, candidate Trump boasted via Twitter, “I was the first & only potential GOP candidate to state there will be no cuts to Social Security, Medicare & Medicaid”

‘NO ONE WILL LOSE COVERAGE’

Trump counselor Kellyanne Conway made a promise that almost certainly can’t be met with the House bill: “We don't want anyone who currently has insurance to not have insurance.”

As he campaigned for the White House that he declared in an interview with CBS’ “60 Minutes”: “I am going to take care of everybody … Everybody’s going to be taken care of much better than they’re taken care of now.” More recently, Trump has promised that repeal will end with “a beautiful picture.
23 Obama Quotes That Turned Out To Be Broken Promises Or Cold-Hearted Lies
View attachment 135879
Question... do you find this list acceptable from your leader? Are you outraged by it?

Before he was sworn in, President Trump made a bold promise: The as-yet-unreleased Obamacare repeal and replacement plan would have “insurance for everybody.”

“We’re going to have insurance for everybody,” Trump said in an interview with The Washington Post. “There was a philosophy in some circles that if you can’t pay for it, you don’t get it. That’s not going to happen with us.”

‘NO CUTS … TO MEDICAID’:

As his run for president took shape, candidate Trump boasted via Twitter, “I was the first & only potential GOP candidate to state there will be no cuts to Social Security, Medicare & Medicaid”

Trump counselor Kellyanne Conway made a promise that almost certainly can’t be met with the House bill: “We don't want anyone who currently has insurance to not have insurance.”

As he campaigned for the White House that he declared in an interview with CBS’ “60 Minutes”: “I am going to take care of everybody … Everybody’s going to be taken care of much better than they’re taken care of now.” More recently, Trump has promised that repeal will end with “a beautiful picture.
View attachment 135879
Question... do you find this list acceptable from your leader? Are you outraged by it?

Hey if YOU had no problem with these outrageous LIES I have no problem then with Trump!
The difference is though in motivation!
Plus another fact is Trump is RIGHT about cuts in SS/Medicare/Medicaid.
Where has there been ANY statement by Trump accepting cuts in SS/Medicare, Medicaid?
What Trump has been though is honest about his motives. He wants Americans to be proud again of being Americans!
He ENCOURAGES businesses to grow. Obama actually said he'd favor utilities going bankrupt, or higher gas prices, OR the US being MORE dependent on foreign OIL!
What kind of President denigrates police calling them stupid and then turns around hires a guy to design Obamacare who says the only way Obamacare passed
was due to the Stupidity of the American voter"!
Now you tell me. ONE obvious and most outstanding difference between Trump and Obama is TRUMP would never call his supporters "deplorable" and much
less stupid! This is what Obama did! For most of us true Americans that want as Trump does a better life for our children and grandchildren then what
Obama was putting into place! Obama was for destruction...Trump for CONSTRUCTION!
Obamastop20Lies.png

So the MSM/Democrats have been crying about 22 million will become UNINSURED!!
OH WOE!!! CBS/ABC/NBC all lead on the CBO findings "22 million will be UNINSURED!
ONLY Fox gave a fair assessment:"While 22 million will be uninsured the FEDERAL DEFICIT WOULD BE REDUCED BY $321 BILLION!!!!

DID THE MSM LEAD WITH THAT? OF COURSE NOT! BIASED NEWS PRESENTING ONLY
WHAT THEY PERCEIVED AS THE "BAD NEWS" 22 MILLION WILL BE UNINSURED!

The Congressional Budget Office and the staff of the Joint Committee on Taxation (JCT) have completed an estimate of the direct spending and revenue effects of the Better Care Reconciliation Act of 2017, a CBO and JCT estimate that enacting this legislation would reduce the cumulative federal deficit over the 2017-2026 period by $321 billion. That amount is $202 billion more than the estimated net savings for the version of H.R. 1628 that was passed by the House of Representatives.

CBO and JCT estimate that, in 2018, 15 million more people would be uninsured under this legislation than under current law—primarily because the penalty for not having insurance would be eliminated.
The increase in the number of uninsured people relative to the number projected under current law would reach 19 million in 2020 and 22 million in 2026.
H.R. 1628, Better Care Reconciliation Act of 2017
"primarily because the penalty for not having insurance"
BUT WAIT! WHY WON'T THEY BE INSURED?
Because they WON"T BE PENALIZED for not having insurance!
REALLY!

They won't be penalized i.e. forced to buy something they may not NEED!!!!
Again folks THERE NEVER WERE 46 million people that were legal citizens, that KNEW about Medicaid qualifications and that WANTE health insurance! IT WAS A FABRICATION!!!
View attachment 135658

This is absolutely true. It's the 22 million who will chose to not get healthcare if they don't have to pay the penalty.

No one is making them lose their insurance. They are choosing to lose it.

Who are those affected?

People on SNAP and TANF and the like, for the most part, no doubt.

If true, that will impact a maximum of 6% of the White population in the US...

If true, that will impact a maximum of 28% of the Black population in the US...

The Pubs have long-since done this math...

Other than the occasional "local" mathematical aberration... it doesn't really impact the Pubs at the polls all that much, from the 30,000-foot nationwide perspective...

Where did you get the assumption people SNAP and TANF? Where did you get your "6% White population figure? Source? Where did you get 28% Black population?

‘NO CUTS … TO MEDICAID’:

View attachment 135879

Hey if YOU had no problem with these outrageous LIES I have no problem then with Trump!
Where has there been ANY statement by Trump accepting cuts in SS/Medicare, Medicaid?
What Trump has been though is honest about his motives. He wants Americans to be proud again of being Americans!
He ENCOURAGES businesses to grow. Obama actually said he'd favor utilities going bankrupt, or higher gas prices, OR the US being MORE dependent on foreign OIL!
What kind of President denigrates police calling them stupid and then turns around hires a guy to design Obamacare who says the only way Obamacare passed
Now you tell me. ONE obvious and most outstanding difference between Trump and Obama is TRUMP would never call his supporters "deplorable" and much
less stupid! This is what Obama did! For most of us true Americans that want as Trump does a better life for our children and grandchildren then what
Obama was putting into place! Obama was for destruction...Trump for CONSTRUCTION!
View attachment 135900
I have a problem with ANYBODY in leadership lying. No matter of it's obama, pelosi, schumer, etc. And why should my opinions impact how you act. Your saying if I'm a dirty hypocrite that makes it ok for you to be?

...Where did you get the assumption people SNAP and TANF? Where did you get your "6% White population figure? Source? Where did you get 28% Black population?
Until the ACA appeared, Medicaid was largely a welfare program, and there was a very close symmetry between SNAP and TANF and Medicaid, was there not?

As to the percentage of Blacks (28%) and Whites (6%) on SNAP...

This post provides the grim mathematical analysis... no false assumptions... non-partisan... unbiased... pure mathematics...

http://www.usmessageboard.com/posts/17419822/

And, BTW, it's been a while since I've laid eyes on that post, so, in all fairness, the percentage of Whites on SNAP should have been stated as 7%, not 6%, rounding up.

...Where did you get the assumption people SNAP and TANF? Where did you get your "6% White population figure? Source? Where did you get 28% Black population?
Until the ACA appeared, Medicaid was largely a welfare program, and there was a very close symmetry between SNAP and TANF and Medicaid, was there not?

As to the percentage of Blacks (28%) and Whites (6%) on SNAP...

This post provides the grim mathematical analysis... no false assumptions... non-partisan... unbiased... pure mathematics...

http://www.usmessageboard.com/posts/17419822/

And, BTW, it's been a while since I've laid eyes on that post, so, in all fairness, the percentage of Whites on SNAP should have been stated as 7%, not 6%, rounding up.

The reason for this gross distinction between black and whites comes from this black professor of economics:

Black female head of households number is 68 percent
The truth is that black female-headed households were just 18 percent of households in 1950, as opposed to about 68 percent today.
In fact, from 1890 to 1940, the black marriage rate was slightly higher than that of whites.
Even during slavery, when marriage was forbidden for blacks, most black children lived in biological two-parent families.
In New York City, in 1925, 85 percent of black households were two-parent households.
A study of 1880 family structure in Philadelphia shows that three-quarters of black families were two-parent households."
Black female head of households number is 68 percent

By Walter E. Williams is a professor of economics at George Mason University. (Oh by the way in the famous words of Obama..."And did I mention he's black?")

let's talk tort reform.

Like Takata Corp ?
The Debate Over Medical Malpractice Tort Reform | MedicalMalpractice.com

"According to the Congressional Budget Office, the direct annual cost to health care providers resulting from malpractice liability is about $35 billion, or about 2% of total health care costs. If Congress were to pass national medical malpractice reform, health insurance premiums for consumers would fall by about 10%."

let's talk tort reform.

Like Takata Corp ?

"According to the Congressional Budget Office, the direct annual cost to health care providers resulting from malpractice liability is about $35 billion, or about 2% of total health care costs. If Congress were to pass national medical malpractice reform, health insurance premiums for consumers would fall by about 10%."

let's talk tort reform.

Like Takata Corp ?

Opponents of medical malpractice reform argue that rising health care costs have nothing to do with malpractice lawsuits. Instead, according to the AAJ, health insurance companies are to blame. Insurance companies’ annual profits rose from $38.7 billion in 2004 to $61.9 billion in 2007.

‘NO CUTS … TO MEDICAID’:

View attachment 135879

View attachment 135900
I have a problem with ANYBODY in leadership lying. No matter of it's obama, pelosi, schumer, etc. And why should my opinions impact how you act. Your saying if I'm a dirty hypocrite that makes it ok for you to be?
Sure you do.

We see you here everyday demanding that Schummer, Pelosi, Waters, Clinton and Obama apologize for knowingly lying about "RUSSIAN COLLUSION"
I see you here everyday demanding that Koskinen, Comey, Holder, Clinton Obama & Clapper, pay the price for perjury.

let's talk tort reform.

Like Takata Corp ?

Opponents of medical malpractice reform argue that rising health care costs have nothing to do with malpractice lawsuits. Instead, according to the AAJ, health insurance companies are to blame. Insurance companies’ annual profits rose from $38.7 billion in 2004 to $61.9 billion in 2007.
yep that was in that link. so? I quoted what the CBO stated. Now is the CBO information reliable or not? If not, then 22 million line is dead to me.

let's talk tort reform.

Like Takata Corp ?

yep that was in that link. so? I quoted what the CBO stated. Now is the CBO information reliable or not? If not, then 22 million line is dead to me.

MALPRACTICE LAWSUITS ARE $35 Billion NO question!
But the issue is this and please refute what 90% of physicians surveyed had to say.
it is not the insurance. It is not the lawsuits. IT IS THE FEAR of being sued that drives "DEFENSIVE MEDICINE COSTS to $1 trillion a year.
And insurance companies they don't CARE! They pay the claims and raise the premiums!
READ the entire below information to understand that "Defensive Medicine IS MORE then the actual lawsuits, or malpractice insurance...MUCH MORE!!!
DefensiveMedicine.png

Mind you this was done 72 years ago!

Now for further proof about the 1946 Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA) here is the ACT.

The FTCA,with few exceptions, provides the exclusive means by which individuals can seek compensation when injured by federal employees acting within the scope of their work for the federal government; in effect, the FTCA largely immunizes federal government employees from tort liability,including medical malpractice.

https://biotech.law.lsu.edu/blaw/GAO/d09693r.pdf

So my point in showing FTCA is in the Jackson Healthcare survey on 48% of the physicians under government contract said THEY practiced "defensive medicine".
So somehow there is a direct correlation that non-governmental contracted physicians are so fearful of being sued they constantly order duplicate tests, referrals to
other physicians just to protect themselves.

Proof that is the case?
Again..Over 90% of medical malpractice cases are settled out of court.] It's easy to understand why: money.
The average court settlement is about $425,000; the average jury award tops $1 million. Most of the time, it's a lot cheaper to settle.
Medscape: Medscape Access

So the MSM/Democrats have been crying about 22 million will become UNINSURED!!
OH WOE!!! CBS/ABC/NBC all lead on the CBO findings "22 million will be UNINSURED!
ONLY Fox gave a fair assessment:"While 22 million will be uninsured the FEDERAL DEFICIT WOULD BE REDUCED BY $321 BILLION!!!!

DID THE MSM LEAD WITH THAT? OF COURSE NOT! BIASED NEWS PRESENTING ONLY
WHAT THEY PERCEIVED AS THE "BAD NEWS" 22 MILLION WILL BE UNINSURED!

The Congressional Budget Office and the staff of the Joint Committee on Taxation (JCT) have completed an estimate of the direct spending and revenue effects of the Better Care Reconciliation Act of 2017, a CBO and JCT estimate that enacting this legislation would reduce the cumulative federal deficit over the 2017-2026 period by $321 billion. That amount is $202 billion more than the estimated net savings for the version of H.R. 1628 that was passed by the House of Representatives.

CBO and JCT estimate that, in 2018, 15 million more people would be uninsured under this legislation than under current law—primarily because the penalty for not having insurance would be eliminated.
The increase in the number of uninsured people relative to the number projected under current law would reach 19 million in 2020 and 22 million in 2026.
H.R. 1628, Better Care Reconciliation Act of 2017
"primarily because the penalty for not having insurance"
BUT WAIT! WHY WON'T THEY BE INSURED?
Because they WON"T BE PENALIZED for not having insurance!
REALLY!

They won't be penalized i.e. forced to buy something they may not NEED!!!!
Again folks THERE NEVER WERE 46 million people that were legal citizens, that KNEW about Medicaid qualifications and that WANTE health insurance! IT WAS A FABRICATION!!!
View attachment 135658

Only true idiots think that fewer people covered is a better deal.

Forum List

Back