Kaine: No Apology Necessary for Clinton Team’s Mockery of Catholicism

The entire e-mail is copied in Post 7. It might be better if you read it and explained why YOU think it's a mockery of Catholicism. Rather than just spreading propaganda.
Podesta never said a word for or against Conservative Catholicism, though, Compost, and neither did Palmieri. Halpin wrote to him and let off some steam. I don't like at all what Halpin said (and I'm not even Catholic) but everyone has bad days combating political foes.
That e-mail is not an official stance and I don't believe liberals actually want to take away anyone's freedom of religion. And no, I don't want to get in an argument about who can bake a cake.

I don't blame you...it's taking away religious freedom you said liberals don't and are not doing. A quandary or dilemma
I don't agree that it is taking away your religious freedom to insist it not interfere with the rights of others who do not believe as you do. And that's ALL I will say.

It is going against their religious freedom and of course that's all you'll say....that quandary after you yourself stated liberals are not trying to do it
It's not a quandary to me in the least. If it was, I'd say so. I think it's wrong to say you won't do business with a a homosexual because your religion says homosexuality is a sin. Fine, if it's a sin, don't be one, don't invite them to your picnic. Just don't discriminate. Aren't all the evangelicals saying they still support Trump because we all have sin? That we shouldn't judge? Handy how that only applies sometimes.

So your argument is it's OK to persecute Christians and their beliefs under the guise of "discrimination"....got ya

Time to play: You cant explain!

Starring SassyGunSlinger.

Todays question is: How did they persecute Christians and their beliefs?

Annnnd go!

Excellent point. They can throw around "Thomistic" thought and "subsidiarity" and sound sophisticated because no one knows what the hell they're talking about.
So, instead of you elevating your ignorant ass, we Catholics need to lobotomize ourselves and be as ignorant as the average Dimocrat?

No thank you.
I didn't say that--don't know what either of those words even mean, but your quote box looks like I said it. Can you fix it?

Sure, but this was your post in full.

Re: Conservative Catholicism
To: [email protected], [email protected]
Date: 2011-04-11 21:10
Subject: Re: Conservative Catholicism

Excellent point. They can throw around "Thomistic" thought and "subsidiarity" and sound sophisticated because no one knows what the hell they're talking about.

Jennifer Palmieri <[email protected]> wrote:
I imagine they think it is the most socially acceptable politically conservative religion. Their rich friends wouldn't understand if they became evangelicals.

----- Original Message -----
To: John Podesta <[email protected]>; Jennifer Palmieri
Sent: Mon Apr 11 18:55:59 2011
Subject: Conservative Catholicism

Ken Auletta's latest piece on Murdoch in the New Yorker starts off with the aside that both Murdoch and Robert Thompson, managing editor of the WSJ, are raising their kids Catholic. Friggin' Murdoch baptized his kids in Jordan where John the Baptist baptized Jesus. Many of the most powerful elements of the conservative movement are all Catholic (many converts) from the SC and think tanks to the media and social groups. It's an amazing bastardization of the faith. They must be attracted to the systematic thought and severely backwards gender relations and must be totally unaware of Christian democracy.
WikiLeaks - The Podesta Emails

Really? Okay, "severely backwards gender relations" is harsh. Who was it said by? Did Podesta or Palmieri agree with him? Was Clinton involved in this rant in any way? Is this an official stance of the Democratic Party, the way conversion therapy is on the Republican agenda? I agree with Kaine. This one individual, Halpin, can have his nasty opinion, same as you can have yours about Muslims. Please remember Clinton never said a word about any of this and was not even in on the conversation. So stuff this conversation up your ***.

You seem to be the author, but I will change it for you anyway.
Thanks. I didn't make it red or big or underline it, and it wasn't that way in the link. Was in the OP though.

basically trying to tell others how to live their lives.
But bakers should bake the cakes?
I'd prefer everyone would get along and when a baker or a florist or whomever says I'd prefer you take your business to ___ Blank_____ or even better lie and say, Sorry we're so booked that day we can't, but let me give you the names of some others you can try....
That way, no feelings even get hurt.
But people will make an issue of things, won't they? Everything's gotta be an issue. So yes, bakers should bake the cakes, if they are open to the public, they should. That's what they do, isn't it?

Making fun of my avi when your name is Compost? Gimme a break.

I'm not making fun of it, old lady. I like Mary Poppins. And clearly, I am better acquitted with her than you are. As for my name. Sorry if it offends you. I am a gardener. And my avi pic today, is a lab puppy chewing on a pumpkin. What about it? Please. Go ahead. No need to "gimme a break".

I'd prefer everyone would get along and when a baker or a florist or whomever says I'd prefer you take your business to ___ Blank_____ or even better lie and say, Sorry we're so booked that day we can't, but let me give you the names of some others you can try....
But people will make an issue of things, won't they? Everything's gotta be an issue. So yes, bakers should bake the cakes, if they are open to the public, they should. That's what they do, isn't it?
I would prefer a lot of things but I also try to consider humans and how they act.
So you are against telling others how to live their lives unless its the life you are ok with? In what world does that make sense?

I'm not making fun of it, old lady. I like Mary Poppins. And clearly, I am better acquitted with her than you are. As for my name. Sorry if it offends you. I am a gardener. And my avi pic today, is a lab puppy chewing on a pumpkin. What about it? Please. Go ahead.

You're saying you're more ladylike? Please; you've been trying to pick a fight all afternoon.

I would prefer a lot of things but I also try to consider humans and how they act.
So you are against telling others how to live their lives unless its the life you are ok with? In what world does that make sense?
What are you talking about?

What are you talking about?
Which part? Human instinct and individualism or your inconsistency?

I'm not making fun of it, old lady. I like Mary Poppins. And clearly, I am better acquitted with her than you are. As for my name. Sorry if it offends you. I am a gardener. And my avi pic today, is a lab puppy chewing on a pumpkin. What about it? Please. Go ahead.

You're saying you're more ladylike? Please; you've been trying to pick a fight all afternoon.

Ladylike? Who said stick it up your...? LOL

I don't blame you...it's taking away religious freedom you said liberals don't and are not doing. A quandary or dilemma
I don't agree that it is taking away your religious freedom to insist it not interfere with the rights of others who do not believe as you do. And that's ALL I will say.

It is going against their religious freedom and of course that's all you'll say....that quandary after you yourself stated liberals are not trying to do it
It's not a quandary to me in the least. If it was, I'd say so. I think it's wrong to say you won't do business with a a homosexual because your religion says homosexuality is a sin. Fine, if it's a sin, don't be one, don't invite them to your picnic. Just don't discriminate. Aren't all the evangelicals saying they still support Trump because we all have sin? That we shouldn't judge? Handy how that only applies sometimes.

So your argument is it's OK to persecute Christians and their beliefs under the guise of "discrimination"....got ya

Time to play: You cant explain!

Starring SassyGunSlinger.

Todays question is: How did they persecute Christians and their beliefs?

Annnnd go!

It's obvious, now run along and try impress one of your fellow loons and cease bothering me

Baking a cake isn't participating in an evil ceremony!!!!!

IT is if the cake is a material component for the EVIL celebration, yes, it most certainly is.

And the point is, not everyone in this country believes that it is evil. That's where we differ.

No we differ on a lot more than that. And just because some dont think that fagot marriage is evil does not obligate the people who do to participate in it.

I don't believe you have the right to tell homosexuals they are evil for marrying. That is going beyond the bounds of practicing your religion and basically trying to tell others how to live their lives.

No, that is the right of Freedom of Speech.

If you dont like it move to the UK.
I'm not going anywhere, Big Jim, and you can keep your bigoted beliefs to yourself, where they will do no harm.

Podesta never said a word for or against Conservative Catholicism, though, Compost, and neither did Palmieri. Halpin wrote to him and let off some steam. I don't like at all what Halpin said (and I'm not even Catholic) but everyone has bad days combating political foes.
That e-mail is not an official stance and I don't believe liberals actually want to take away anyone's freedom of religion. And no, I don't want to get in an argument about who can bake a cake.

I'm not making fun of it, old lady. I like Mary Poppins. And clearly, I am better acquitted with her than you are. As for my name. Sorry if it offends you. I am a gardener. And my avi pic today, is a lab puppy chewing on a pumpkin. What about it? Please. Go ahead. No need to "gimme a break".

Aren't all the evangelicals saying they still support Trump because we all have sin? That we shouldn't judge? Handy how that only applies sometimes.

Making fun of my avi when y

our name is Compost? Gimme a break.

Yes. But I was talking to you. Didin't you say, "Excellent point. They can throw around "Thomistic" thought and "subsidiarity" and sound sophisticated because no one knows what the hell they're talking about."

I may be a dumb Catholic but I know when I've been dissed. By the way. Just curious. Can you expound on Thomistic thought for us?

Making fun of my avi when y

our name is Compost? Gimme a break.

Yes. But I was talking to you. Didin't you say, "Excellent point. They can throw around "Thomistic" thought and "subsidiarity" and sound sophisticated because no one knows what the hell they're talking about."

I may be a dumb Catholic but I know when I've been dissed. By the way. Just curious. Can you expound on Thomistic thought for us?
Nope. Halpin said it. Don't have a clue what they're talking about. Maybe that's why I don't get the level of outrage .....

Nope. Halpin said it. Don't have a clue what they're talking about. Maybe that's why I don't get the level of outrage .....
Of course you don't know about Thomas Aquinas. It's easier to dismiss what you are ignorant of. I'll give you this. You are consistent.

Aren't all the evangelicals saying they still support Trump because we all have sin? That we shouldn't judge? Handy how that only applies sometimes.

Ask an evangelical.

Forum List

Back