Kate's Law Should Get Passed

It's time to talk about Kate's Law. Time for President Trump to sign after it's passed.
Kate's ‘law is bad law – it’s just another inane mandatory-minimum sentencing scheme that serves only to appease the bigoted, hateful right, in defiance of the facts:

“Despite the public rancor, immigrants are generally less likely to commit crimes than the native population, according to the The Wall Street Journal. Mandatory minimums are generally ineffective at reducing crime or recidivism. Anti-illegal-immigration advocates who complain about the burden on the American taxpayer might find a 28 percent increase in the federal prison budget counterproductive.”

The Trouble with Kate's Law

Doesn't the availability of guns in this country have anything to do with this killing? The man from whom the gun was stolen just put it in a bag under the seat of his car. Though the car was locked, I wouldn't have done that. Guns are too dangerous to treat so casually. Cars are broken into all the time.

I would never own a gun, but I would never leave anything seriously valuable in my car, even if it was locked. Of course you can make up the loss in insurance, but not when it is a gun.

I'm not blaming the death on the man who owned the gun but partly, and only partly, on the excessive number of guns in this country. In countries where guns are not so prevalent, criminals can't get their hands on them so much either. It isn't a case of the law abiding people not having guns but the criminals having them. The criminals have to get them from somewhere, and usually they steal them from law abiding people.
Those were no doubt better times.....

liberals have screw up everything.

Beaver Clever times were better for who?

White guys?

No Mr. Racist...

They were better for everyone...

The Black family was intact and they

weren't killing each other by the thousands

over stupid shit...

lyndon johnson's Great Society lead to

the destruction of the Black Family...

You lefties are the real racist as

proven by history...........

Lol! Yeah it was good times for blacks back in the 50s! All the water cannons you could ever want !

Ahhh..the good ole days..if you were Black..you could vote..well...above the Mason/Dixon line--in most States you could even drive with a white women in the front seat..kiss her publicly..an ass-whipping if you were lucky. A black man..or any woman..could never hope for govt. office..or a professional career. You could work..but your wage would be lower...in most states. Women could not bring a charge of rape without an eyewitness--Sexual child abuse was never even charged--except in extreme..stranger involved cases. In many states..age of sexual consent was low..in at least one State 12 years old. A white man could rape a black 10 year old...and walk..if the family even dared to bring a charge..he would be tried by a jury of whites. Lynching still happened...and the American Apartheid known as Jim Crow was alive and well.

But hey...the Black family was intact....

iu

Don’t forget the acceptable wife beating !

Who said anything about the nfl?

I agree....

If it weren't for liberals we would all be better off...

If it weren't for Liberals you'd be part of the British Empire.

How do you figure that?

“If by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people-their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights and their civil liberties-someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal", then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.”
JFK
Only an idiot refuses to look to the past to see what the results were before going forward. Sometimes the past can be the best indicator of what you should do in the future.

I agree....

How do you figure that?

“If by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people-their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights and their civil liberties-someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal", then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.”
JFK

When I think of today's liberal,

I liken them to Nazis'

They support the killing of police

officers and every perversion

known to man.....

I agree....

How do you figure that?

JFK
Only an idiot refuses to look to the past to see what the results were before going forward. Sometimes the past can be the best indicator of what you should do in the future.

True. I wonder how many of those voting for the tax bill followed your sage advice.

I agree....

How do you figure that?

JFK

I liken them to Nazis'

known to man.....

Bullshit. I spent 32 years carrying a badge, and I am proud to be a liberal.

I agree....

How do you figure that?

JFK

True. I wonder how many of those voting for the tax bill followed your sage advice.
All of the ones voting for lower taxes. The economy gets much better every time that happens. What we need to control after that is the spending. Actually we should be controlling spending at all economic levels but politicians hate that.

After the tax cuts can get passed. Then it should be time for the senate to pass Kate's Law.

I agree....

How do you figure that?

The Liberals were the ones who made the revolution happen, and the Constitution happen.

Bull Shit....

The liberal men of that time were all at home

playing with their dolls and tea sets while

the real men were taking care of business...

dolls

How do you figure that?

JFK

All of the ones voting for lower taxes. The economy gets much better every time that happens. What we need to control after that is the spending. Actually we should be controlling spending at all economic levels but politicians hate that.

Huh?

I agree....

How do you figure that?

The Liberals were the ones who made the revolution happen, and the Constitution happen.

Bull Shit....

The liberal men of that time were all at home

playing with their dolls and tea sets while

the real men were taking care of business...

dolls

Oh please.

I agree....

How do you figure that?

JFK

I liken them to Nazis'

known to man.....

First off thank you for your service..

But you are confused...

The left supports blm and they have

called for the death of police officers.

There were 5 officers killed at one of

their events, and the left still supports

them..The left is on the side of the

criminals, plain to see unless you are blind.

How do you figure that?

JFK

I liken them to Nazis'

known to man.....

First off thank you for your service..

But you are confused...

The left supports blm and they have

called for the death of police officers.

There were 5 officers killed at one of

their events, and the left still supports

them..The left is on the side of the

criminals, plain to see unless you are blind.

There are people on both sides of the issue who seek revenge, and use violence as a means; marching is not calling for the murder of police officers, nor is it violent. it is the right of all citizens to protest the government on all levels.

How do you figure that?

JFK

Huh?
I'm not surprised you can't fathom that concept.

Forum List

Back