Kayne West dropped by Adidas, Gap, for allegedly uttering anti-semitic remarks

What does that even mean? Why is it antisemetic? Why does he need to apologize for that? Democrats say that sort of thing ALL THE TIME.
It was taken as seeing Jewish people as a threat that needs to be closely watched and monitored. Kanye has been given opportunity to correct that perception and specify what he did mean and did not do so. He says he is sorry if people are hurt by it but he is not sorry he said it.

A really minor thing, harmless, inconsequential in the grand scheme of things. And you are right that this pales in comparison to some thing the left says about Christians, Jews, Patriots, etc. etc. etc.

But it is still understandable that given his lack of sensitivity to the offensiveness of the metaphor and his refusal to take it back or even clarify his intent, I wouldn't want him representing my product or service or anybody thinking I or my organization agrees with or condones the remark. (I wouldn't hire any of those leftists demonizing other groups either.)

If Sam Jackson went on a snakes-on-a-plane-esque tirade about going defcon 4 on Muslims, CapitalOne would know exactly what's in his wallet. No more of their money.

This is how endorsement deals work. You get paid to rep their brand.

Johnny Football's druggie ass learned the hard way.

If Sam Jackson went on a snakes-on-a-plane-esque tirade about going defcon 4 on Muslims, CapitalOne would know exactly what's in his wallet. No more of their money.

This is how endorsement deals work. You get paid to rep their brand.

Johnny Football's druggie ass learned the hard way.

He will lose hundreds of millions but he still has hundreds of millions

But it is still understandable that given his lack of sensitivity to the offensiveness of the metaphor and his refusal to take it back or even clarify his intent, I wouldn't want him representing my product or service or anybody thinking I or my organization agrees with or condones the remark.

To be sure, the main reason those companies dropped West was not because he said or is some terrible person but because they now fear being identified by and attacked by leftwing SJW hit squads of mobs who would cost them a lot of business for their continued endorsement. Basically, that domestic terrorism that Garland keeps talking about but can never find.

Ah. It’s fun when black people get away with using racial slurs. Isn’t it?

To be sure BA, for all the railing about slavery by Blacks, the truth of the matter is that if they had been sailing the oceans in wooden sailing ships instead of Europe looking to expand their colonies and industry instead of chucking spears and shrinking heads in the 1600s, THEY would have had all of the cotton plantations and would have been buying up cheap labor in Europe themselves to help manage them. Its just human nature.

Why does it matter? It seems that there is so much disposable income in the relatively affluent mostly black community that Mr. West is worth more than some emerging African nations to the tune of anywhere from 1.6 billion with a "B" to six billion while he produces nothing. Where the Tango Foxtrot did the money come from?

Kayne West is one of the most wealthy people in the World

I checked out his music and he really sucks.
Only in America

To be sure, the main reason those companies dropped West was not because he said or is some terrible person but because they now fear being identified by and attacked by leftwing SJW hit squads of mobs who would cost them a lot of business for their continued endorsement. Basically, that domestic terrorism that Garland keeps talking about but can never find.

Garland might even be worse than Joseph G

Anti-semitic remarks aren't exactly a desirable qualification to represent a company though. I actually like Kanye and he can be insightful and brilliant at times. But his tweets that he was 'going defcon 3 on Jewish people' etc. was over the top and he refuses to clarify or apologize for that. So I can't blame companies who don't want to be associated with that.

As far as attacking Kanye personally, trying to destroy his life over a personal opinion though, that is evil and wrong.
His wounds are self-inflicted.

Upon further consideration, I still don’t give a fuck about Ye.

Kanye West drew swastika in first Adidas meeting, told Jewish manager to kiss Hitler portrait daily​

A new expose claims that employees at Adidas experienced anything but the good life during their partnership with Kanye West.

The nearly 10-year partnership between the 46-year-old rapper and the shoe brand seemingly ended in October 2022 in the wake of the musician’s offensive, racist and anti-Semitic remarks, but according to a new report from the New York Times, the billion-dollar deal was doomed from the start.

In a 2013 meeting at the company’s German headquarters, staffers were “thrilled” to get started and prepared swatches, mood boards and an array of sneakers to present to the hip-hop artist and entrepreneur who now goes by the name Ye.

But according to the Times report, Ye was not impressed.

“To convey how offensive he considered the designs, he grabbed a sketch of a shoe and took a marker to the toe, according to two participants,” explained reporter Megan Twohey. “Then he drew a swastika.”

West apparently had a troubling fixation on Hitler and Jews. He allegedly later “told a Jewish Adidas manager to kiss a portrait of Hitler every day,” according to the Times. “And West told Adidas colleagues that he admired Hitler’s command of propaganda.”

Forum List

Back