Keep This Guy Away From the White House

If you can tell me why your question, with regard to what I said, is relevant, I'll answer it.
You seem really focused on Chicago so I was curious if you live there. I suspect you don’t and that whatever red state you likely live in or revere is somewhere near the bottom of the safest states to live in. I’m just curious if your backyard is in order.

You seem really focused on Chicago so I was curious if you live there. I suspect you don’t and that whatever red state you likely live in or revere is somewhere near the bottom of the safest states to live in. I’m just curious if your backyard is in order.
As I suspected - your question has no bearing on what I said; you know you cannot meaningfully address what I said, so you deceided to try to make the issue about me.

Where I live does not matter -- my statements stand.

As I suspected - your question has no bearing on what I said; you know you cannot meaningfully address what I said, so you deceided to try to make the issue about me.

Where I live does not matter -- my statements stand.
Shows you’re a hypocrite. How many deaths in your state? Was it too many? That has direct bearing cuz if you can’t answer why should anyone else.

:lol:
Still trying to make the discussion about me?
:lol:

Trump believes:

-There's too much violent crime in the inner cities
-695 deaths in Chicago, 2022, is too many
-We can't just let this go on

Why do you disagree?
There is too much violence in America. The places we need to address are the high crime poverty stricken red states. They have 43% more crime per person. A few major cities have issues too but most large cities have half the crime rate of the 1990’s. How about you address the real problems and not just jump on a partisan bandwagon ignorantly?

There is too much violence in America. The places we need to address are the high crime poverty stricken red states. They have 43% more crime per person. A few major cities have issues too but most large cities have half the crime rate of the 1990’s.
Sounds like you agree with Trump - and you're willing to admit it.
Good for you .

What part?
Obviously...

As I said: Good for you.
In this instance, you did not allow your partisanship to get in the way agreeing with the truth

Sending in federal troops...
You agree violent crime is too high.
You agree something must be done about it.
If the state and local governments aren't willing or able to do something about it -- if the state and local governmts are unwilling or unable to enforce the laws and protect the rights of their poeple - why do you believe the Feds should not step in?

Obviously...

In this instance, you did not allow your partisanship to get in the way agreeing with the truth

If the state and local governments aren't willing or able to do something about it -- if the state and local governmts are unwilling or unable to enforce the laws and protect the rights of their poeple - why do you believe the Feds should not step in?
Sending in Federal troops is NOT the answer to your perceived high crime problems.

It’s a recipe for fascism

Obviously...

Cuz its illegal. We dont use federal troops to police citizens. Ever. That is a local function of a civil organization. Basically he is calling for Marshall Law which should scare the crap out of any big government hating republican but since it is said by a republican you dont care. How easy you give up your freedom for pleasure.

“A really efficient totalitarian state would be one in which the all-powerful executive of political bosses and their army control a population of slaves who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude.”
― Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

Cuz its illegal. We dont use federal troops to police citizens. Ever.
This does not explain your opposition to the federal government stepping in, just your opposition to the means Trump said he would use.
So, again:
If the state and local governments are unwilling or unable to enforce the laws and protect the rights of their people - why do you believe the Feds should not step in?

Beyond that - It's not.

Note that this is a specified exception to the posse comitatus act.

The Act empowers the U.S. president to call into service the U.S. Armed Forces and the National Guard:
  • when requested by a state's legislature, or governor if the legislature cannot be convened, to address an insurrection against that state (§ 251),
  • to address an insurrection, in any state, which makes it impracticable to enforce the law (§ 252), or
  • to address an insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination or conspiracy, in any state, which results in the deprivation of constitutionally secured rights, and where the state is unable, fails, or refuses to protect said rights (§ 253).
That is a local function of a civil organization.
And when the state and local government refuse to protect the rights of their people, the federal government has the authority to step in.
See above.

"Perceived?
So you DO believe:

- There's NOT too much violent crime in the inner cities
- 695 deaths in Chicago, 2022, is NOT too many
- We CAN just let this go on

Interesting..
He didn't say there was no problem. He said that isn't the correct solution. Try to follow.

Forum List

Back