Keeping guns from criminals - liberals, what is your plan?

It's called 'Trophy Hunting.' Just check out some hunter magazine covers. You'll quickly get a sense of what kind of cowardly nutters you're dealing with. Posing with their victims with ghoulish grins.

The camo-wearing assholes kill and maim God's beautiful animals just for fun. They don't do it for survival. They're pieces of shit. Hopefully they'll receive Karmic Justice at some point.

Ummm...God gave us those animals to eat.

Oh, he knows that, his refrigerator is full of carcasses. He just looks down on killing them himself. There's a word for Polly. It starts with h. It ends with ypocrite

That's part of it. The other part is that a deer is so cute, you know, Bambi.

If a deer had a head like a giant possum, they would say kill the bastards.

Maybe it's where he lives, I don't know. But over here, everybody knows somebody that accidentally hit a deer while driving if they did not hit one themselves. They cause a lot of accidents and auto body damage. The deer over populate, and then there's not enough food for them all. The ones that don't eat get weak and don't think straight. They end up jumping in front of cars and trucks.

From the POV of the deer, it's the people who have overpopulated their environment. Callous conservatives don't give a shit about anyone or anything but themselves.

So what is your solution, keep people from having children and expanding our civilization so that the deer can? So we don't have to go through the pain staking efforts to cull the herd?

God made us the smartest animal for a reason. If he didn't want us to expand, the deer would have the guns and be shooting at us.

You don't realize how you just dismantled all of your anti gun arguments do you......

In each case we have laws that apply.....after they are broken, not before......

Again, you posted a whole list of MADD achievments......and not one of them affects drivers until they break the law....

What you want is in effect to require all Americans to have a breathalyzer in their cars, in case they might be drunk.....You want the same effect for gun owners...before they commit any crime.

You're an ignoramus. I mean that with all sincerity, and a liar.

In CA, city, county and state police (the CHP) run dragnets, always on holiday weekends - like this one - and advertise they will be out, fines, PA's and other sanctions have been passed by the legislature because they were lobbyed by members of MADD. Producers of alcohol include phrases in the ads to remind people to drink responsibly, and to have a designated driver all a result of MADD's efforts to curb DUI's.

I doubt your abject ignorance is willful. I should pity you, but I can't bring myself to do so since people like you perpetuate gun violence in America.
While spot checks piss me off, if you're sober when you roll up to a spot check, you go on your way. If not, you are arrested for DWI.
DWI is against the law because of the clear and present danger of you killing yourself or others.
I carry a weapon about 16 hours a day. I am not dangerous unless you come at me with a knife)
I have carried concealed or open for 45 years. I have killed no one.
Why further complicate my life because some gang banger in LA blew away another piece of shit over drug turf?
How will forcing me to pay for a license keep a thug in Philly from getting a gun from the guy with the pimped out chevy down on the corner?

If I'm correct, and if by licensing we can prevent gun violence, .

That's the point. There is no evidence that licensing will prevent anything. One of the reasons the Brady Bill was never renewed is because all statistics pointed that it didn't do anybody any good. It didn't save lives, it didn't help police, all it really did is put more government control on law-abiding citizens.

Bullshit. It is your opinion, and by your avatar, your opinion is biased. The Brady Bill was not renewed do to the gun lobby, the threat to seated members of tossing support to those who wanted the Brady Bill to go away, the gun industry, the NRA and people like you.

Nope, it's not just an opinion of mine:

Posted March 13, 2003
Study Shows Brady Bill Had No Impact on Gun Homicides

The Brady Bill, the most important piece of federal gun control legislation in recent decades, has had no statistically discernable effect on reducing gun deaths, according to a study by Philip J. Cook, a Duke University professor of public policy, economics and sociology. "The Brady Bill seems to have been a failure," Cook told a sparsely attended lecture in Caplin Pavilion on March 11. "But that doesn't mean gun control is doomed to failure."

Regarded as the nation's foremost authority on gun control, Cook spoke on "Evaluating the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act" to inaugurate a new lecture series on public health, law and ethics issues. Elected in 2001 to the prestigious Institute of Medicine, Cook is also known for his work on alcohol problems. In a 1981 study, he demonstrated that alcohol taxes have a direct effect on reducing drinking.

It's called 'Trophy Hunting.' Just check out some hunter magazine covers. You'll quickly get a sense of what kind of cowardly nutters you're dealing with. Posing with their victims with ghoulish grins.

The camo-wearing assholes kill and maim God's beautiful animals just for fun. They don't do it for survival. They're pieces of shit. Hopefully they'll receive Karmic Justice at some point.

Oh, he knows that, his refrigerator is full of carcasses. He just looks down on killing them himself. There's a word for Polly. It starts with h. It ends with ypocrite

Maybe it's where he lives, I don't know. But over here, everybody knows somebody that accidentally hit a deer while driving if they did not hit one themselves. They cause a lot of accidents and auto body damage. The deer over populate, and then there's not enough food for them all. The ones that don't eat get weak and don't think straight. They end up jumping in front of cars and trucks.

From the POV of the deer, it's the people who have overpopulated their environment. Callous conservatives don't give a shit about anyone or anything but themselves.

So what is your solution, keep people from having children and expanding our civilization so that the deer can? So we don't have to go through the pain staking efforts to cull the herd?

God made us the smartest animal for a reason. If he didn't want us to expand, the deer would have the guns and be shooting at us.

God may have made some of us the smartest animals, but my Border Collie is smarter than a number of the self defined conservatives who post here.

My answer is ecology and protection of the environment, which is why hunters are licensed and tags are limited.

In CA, city, county and state police (the CHP) run dragnets, always on holiday weekends - like this one - and advertise they will be out, fines, PA's and other sanctions have been passed by the legislature because they were lobbyed by members of MADD. Producers of alcohol include phrases in the ads to remind people to drink responsibly, and to have a designated driver all a result of MADD's efforts to curb DUI's.

I doubt your abject ignorance is willful. I should pity you, but I can't bring myself to do so since people like you perpetuate gun violence in America.
While spot checks piss me off, if you're sober when you roll up to a spot check, you go on your way. If not, you are arrested for DWI.
DWI is against the law because of the clear and present danger of you killing yourself or others.
I carry a weapon about 16 hours a day. I am not dangerous unless you come at me with a knife)
Why further complicate my life because some gang banger in LA blew away another piece of shit over drug turf?
How will forcing me to pay for a license keep a thug in Philly from getting a gun from the guy with the pimped out chevy down on the corner?

That's the point. There is no evidence that licensing will prevent anything. One of the reasons the Brady Bill was never renewed is because all statistics pointed that it didn't do anybody any good. It didn't save lives, it didn't help police, all it really did is put more government control on law-abiding citizens.

Bullshit. It is your opinion, and by your avatar, your opinion is biased. The Brady Bill was not renewed do to the gun lobby, the threat to seated members of tossing support to those who wanted the Brady Bill to go away, the gun industry, the NRA and people like you.

Posted March 13, 2003

The Brady Bill, the most important piece of federal gun control legislation in recent decades, has had no statistically discernable effect on reducing gun deaths, according to a study by Philip J. Cook, a Duke University professor of public policy, economics and sociology. "The Brady Bill seems to have been a failure," Cook told a sparsely attended lecture in Caplin Pavilion on March 11. "But that doesn't mean gun control is doomed to failure."

Regarded as the nation's foremost authority on gun control, Cook spoke on "Evaluating the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act" to inaugurate a new lecture series on public health, law and ethics issues. Elected in 2001 to the prestigious Institute of Medicine, Cook is also known for his work on alcohol problems. In a 1981 study, he demonstrated that alcohol taxes have a direct effect on reducing drinking.

Are you claiming the NRA and the gun lobby had no impact on the issue in Congress?

More incredibly, are you claiming members of Congress actual read the study?

Posted March 13, 2003

Are you claiming the NRA and the gun lobby had no impact on the issue in Congress?

Nobody even needed to read the study. FBI statistics show that violent crime (and gun crime in particular) has been on the decline since the mid 90's. Now nobody can say why, but I see a direct relationship between more armed citizens and lower crime. Most if not all of our mass shootings take place in gun-free zones. This is not to mention the fact that many of the cities that have the most violent gun crimes are places that are very restrictive on gun ownership by law abiding citizens.

There is an old saying: If it's not broke, don't fix it. We are on the right path to lowering violent and gun crime.

Posted March 13, 2003

Nobody even needed to read the study. FBI statistics show that violent crime (and gun crime in particular) has been on the decline since the mid 90's. Now nobody can say why, but I see a direct relationship between more armed citizens and lower crime. Most if not all of our mass shootings take place in gun-free zones. This is not to mention the fact that many of the cities that have the most violent gun crimes are places that are very restrictive on gun ownership by law abiding citizens.

There is an old saying: If it's not broke, don't fix it. We are on the right path to lowering violent and gun crime.

"There are lies, damn lies and statistics" I doubt any parent of a child murdered finds solace in statistics or your opinion.

Posted March 13, 2003

"F.B.I. confirms Sharp Rise in Mass Shootings Since 2000"
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/25/us/25shooters.html?_r=0

"There were, on average, 16.4 such shootings a year from 2007 to 2013, compared with an average of 6.4 shootings annually from 2000 to 2006. In the past 13 years, 486 people have been killed in such shootings, with 366 of the deaths in the past seven years. In all, the study looked at 160 shootings since 2000. (Shootings tied to domestic violence and gangs were not included.)"

Here's a list of school shootings:

Columbine to Newtown: A tragic list of school shootings since 1999

you STILL can't tell us how you propose to keep guns out of the hands of criminals.

LIAR! But let's play this game.

How do we keep drunks out of cars?

How do we keep molesters from molesting?

How do we keep legislators from accepting bribes?

How do we keep minors from using drugs?

How do we keep Judges and Justices from making law?

Think about it, if you can. Maybe then you will understand, though I doubt you can or will.

You don't realize how you just dismantled all of your anti gun arguments do you......

In each case we have laws that apply.....after they are broken, not before......

Again, you posted a whole list of MADD achievments......and not one of them affects drivers until they break the law....

What you want is in effect to require all Americans to have a breathalyzer in their cars, in case they might be drunk.....You want the same effect for gun owners...before they commit any crime.

If I'm correct, and if by licensing we can reduce gun violence, it will cut the cost to local government. When a gun is used, even by a law abiding citizen such as you, and a person is wounded or killed there is a cost in terms of first response personnel, hospitals, investigators, the prosecutors office and potentially the local jail, the courts, the public defender and probation; a cost paid by the taxpayer.
But you are not correct. Licensing guns will not reduce gun violence one iota. People who will license their weapons are not people who use them to commit crimes.
By adding one more level of bureaucracy, you will, perhaps discourage a few potential legal gun owners, but the major accomplishment of a mandatory licensing law would be to simply make more criminals and violate the 2nd Amendment in the process.
WTF part of shall not be infringed is so damned difficult for you to grasp?

Posted March 13, 2003

"There are lies, damn lies and statistics" I doubt any parent of a child murdered finds solace in statistics or your opinion.
I doubt that they do myself but the fact remains that the vast majority of kids killed by people with guns are gang bangers themselves. Yes. Kids get hit by a stray bullet from time to time, but those bullets did not come from the weapon of a legal gun owner. They came from a weapon in the hands of a thug who sure as hell won't be complying with mandatory licensing and/or registration.

You have yet to propose any viable solution.

LIBS WANT GUNS KEPT FROM LAW ABIDING CITIZENS (AKA CONSERVATIVES)- THEY DON'T CARE IF CRIMINALS (LIBS) GET GUNS.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Posted March 13, 2003

"F.B.I. confirms Sharp Rise in Mass Shootings Since 2000"
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/25/us/25shooters.html?_r=0

"There were, on average, 16.4 such shootings a year from 2007 to 2013, compared with an average of 6.4 shootings annually from 2000 to 2006. In the past 13 years, 486 people have been killed in such shootings, with 366 of the deaths in the past seven years. In all, the study looked at 160 shootings since 2000. (Shootings tied to domestic violence and gangs were not included.)"

Here's a list of school shootings:

Columbine to Newtown: A tragic list of school shootings since 1999

See, that's the problem with debating you libs. When you're adversary comes out with conclusive facts, you try to turn them around by bringing up something else. I said that gun and violent crimes in the US has been on the decline since the mid 90's, and you come back with some statistic about mass shootings? WTF is that about? What does mass shootings have to do with our overall gun and violent crime rate? Did you really think I was going to just let that slide by without a response?

Sarcasm is a rhetorical tool when it works, yours failed

It wasn't sarcasm, that is actually your solution to those problems, punish the people who don't do the bad things and do nothing about those who do. Straight up, Holmes

Should the Second Amendment grant the absolute right of ownership of all forms of arms to anyone who wants them? Yes or No?

I say no. So does the NRA.

So do I and I never said otherwise. In fact, I keep saying it gives the right of ownership to those ... who haven't had their Constitutional rights removed by due process of law. I've told you this repeatedly, how stupid are you? It isn't that hard to grasp. It's actually fairly simple

I've suggest a license be required to own, possess or have in one's custody or control as a means to control weapons ending up in the wrong hands

Doesn't work, try reading my OP post and answering the question

The penalty for selling, giving or loaning a gun to an unlicensed person should be unlawful, and the offender if convicted will be a criminal. Even 2aguy might be able to figure out what that would mean.

If that is going to keep guns out of the hands of criminals, then why can teenagers buy all the pot they want now when it's actually illegal?

Having a license to own a gun, is no more of a punishment than having a license to drive.

Because driving is in the bill of rights where exactly?

So why do you constantly ignore the question, suppose we need a license for free speech? That work for you? Stop running away and hiding and man up to the question

So that justifies letting them overpopulate and starve how exactly? I like you guys who chow down on shredded cow and sliced chicken flesh someone killed for you get all sanctimonious about people who kill their own food.

Let's pass a law that requires you to kill your own food. Maybe you can think about the POV of the cow you're about to shred for your dinner while you slit it's throat and whine that the hunters don't give their prey a chance.

You're a dishonesty wrapped in a hypocrisy inside a double standard

Last edited:
Having a license to own a gun, is no more of a punishment than having a license to drive.
There is no need to license gun owners.....again.....what does it do to keep guns out of the hands of criminals...you still have not explained that.

Bam! The point in a nutshell. Wry can't explain how licensing guns affects criminals, so he keeps begging the question and just assuming it does. And he wants to do that to deflect from that he has no answer to the question

you STILL can't tell us how you propose to keep guns out of the hands of criminals.

Think about it, if you can. Maybe then you will understand, though I doubt you can or will.

If I'm correct, and if by licensing we can reduce gun violence, it will cut the cost to local government. When a gun is used, even by a law abiding citizen such as you, and a person is wounded or killed there is a cost in terms of first response personnel, hospitals, investigators, the prosecutors office and potentially the local jail, the courts, the public defender and probation; a cost paid by the taxpayer.

Begging the question. Here's a thought. You realize teenagers can get all the pot they want and pot is outright illegal in most States. Why do you think a criminal wouldn't be able to get a gun just because you have registration. You realize they can go to the same people who bring pot in to get guns, no?

And you fight for open borders as well to make it easy for them. You have no intellectual honesty at all

:wtf:

Right, so the problem is Ernie trying to defend himself. But for that, the criminal would have gone away and there would have been no incident and the cops wouldn't have had to come to the scene. Let's blame the victim. Why don't you have a clown avatar like the rest of your clown friends?

Wry identifies problems, solutions are other people's problem. Specifically, politicians and bureaucrats, the purveyors of all knowledge and wisdom. They're doing such a bang up job, don't you think?

God may have made some of us the smartest animals, but my Border Collie is smarter than a number of the self defined conservatives who post here.

My answer is ecology and protection of the environment, which is why hunters are licensed and tags are limited.

Well, if a border collie replaced you then it wouldn't have provided any less content in terms of addressing the OP question while it would be cute and play fetch, so it'd be a pretty good swap

Posted March 13, 2003

They didn't read Obamacare, why would they read the study?

My family is mostly conservative/libertarian. My sister is the black sheep, a liberal. We keep her in her room when company comes. She has a PhD in math, her field is theoretical statistics. She works for a non-profit that oversees studies in support of congressional legislation to protect children for home construction, playgrounds, that sort of thing. Her biggest beef with her job is that they always write the legislation before the study is done. Don't you love government? So why pay for the study?

Posted March 13, 2003

How do you think the widows from the Washington Navy Yard feel about you?

Forum List

Back