Keeping guns from criminals - liberals, what is your plan?

Bobby Jindal made gun ownership a fundamental right via constitution right in his own state. That means felons and rapists and bank robbers can't be denied guns.

I'm pretty sure Democrats won't do that.

where do you come up with that crap

Uh ... Bobby Jindal cannot make the Louisiana State Constitution say one thing or another.

The Citizens of the state of Louisiana ratified (with a 75% margin) the constitutional amendment making gun ownership in Louisiana a "Fundamental Right".

It states ...

"The right of individuals to acquire, keep, possess, transport, carry, transfer, and use arms for defense of life and liberty, and for all other legitimate purposes, ...
is fundamental and shall not be denied or infringed, and any restriction on this right must be subjected to strict scrutiny."

Albeit ... rdean's comment is incorrect since it doesn't specifically state that felons are allowed weapons.
There is a case before the Louisiana Supreme Court involving a felon and the newly ratified amendment ... But it hasn't been heard yet.

Louisiana Supreme Court to hear argument on whether law barring felons from guns is constitutional | NOLA.com

it seems fair to view the removing of ones rights

through a strict scrutiny test

THERE WAS NO WEBSITE, Dumbass. He never came up with a link. He just posted his own words -- and as already noted, he's posted bogus shit before.

Nice to know you can read websites that aren't there. Save me some of those mushrooms. :420:

He stated the source ... I just provided you with the link since you couldn't find it on your own.

Exactly how dim are you? How is it my job to go do his homework for him, a known fabricator??

Holy shit it's dense in here...

The glass is half empty, not half full. If you do not agree with something educate yourself and seek the answers. Don't expect someone else to do it for you.

Entitled much?

-Geaux

Uh ... Bobby Jindal cannot make the Louisiana State Constitution say one thing or another.

The Citizens of the state of Louisiana ratified (with a 75% margin) the constitutional amendment making gun ownership in Louisiana a "Fundamental Right".

It states ...

"The right of individuals to acquire, keep, possess, transport, carry, transfer, and use arms for defense of life and liberty, and for all other legitimate purposes, ...
is fundamental and shall not be denied or infringed, and any restriction on this right must be subjected to strict scrutiny."

Albeit ... rdean's comment is incorrect since it doesn't specifically state that felons are allowed weapons.
There is a case before the Louisiana Supreme Court involving a felon and the newly ratified amendment ... But it hasn't been heard yet.

Louisiana Supreme Court to hear argument on whether law barring felons from guns is constitutional | NOLA.com

Aww, you chased it away.

Actually, some of it is a matter of perspective and some is just cold, hard facts.

Since Jindal sponsored this state constitutional amendment and pushed it and politicized it, it belongs to him.

It's the words "fundamental right" that makes all the difference. Voting is not a "fundamental right" because if you are a felon, you can lose the right to vote. A "fair" trial is a fundamental right and can't be denied to anyone, not even a murderer or a rapist. And that is the "pickle" Bobby put himself in. After a boner this big, he can never seriously run for president.

But the really disturbing thing is when you post these kinds of crazy ignorant right wing debacles, you get all these right wingers crying, "How do you come up with all this shit?" How can they know so little about the party they support? And they get really, really tired of being called "stupid".
Any and all rights may be removed through due process, including fundamental rights specifically protected by the, or any, constitution.
Thus, your ignorant position is ignorant.

Aww, you chased it away.

Actually, some of it is a matter of perspective and some is just cold, hard facts.

Since Jindal sponsored this state constitutional amendment and pushed it and politicized it, it belongs to him.

It's the words "fundamental right" that makes all the difference. Voting is not a "fundamental right" because if you are a felon, you can lose the right to vote. A "fair" trial is a fundamental right and can't be denied to anyone, not even a murderer or a rapist. And that is the "pickle" Bobby put himself in. After a boner this big, he can never seriously run for president.

But the really disturbing thing is when you post these kinds of crazy ignorant right wing debacles, you get all these right wingers crying, "How do you come up with all this shit?" How can they know so little about the party they support? And they get really, really tired of being called "stupid".

Bobby Jindal is the Governor ... He didn't "sponsor" legislation or the amendment ... He supported it ... Like any Conservative and 75% of the People.
He isn't "in a pickle" because the amendment clearly states ... "under strict scrutiny" ... Which doesn't rule out the possibility of banning felons from firearm ownership.

Typical Progressive Liberal garbage ... Add about a quarter cup of truth, a half cup of bullsh** ... And use a lot of icing based in conjecture or on what hasn't happened.

He stated the source ... I just provided you with the link since you couldn't find it on your own.

Exactly how dim are you? How is it my job to go do his homework for him, a known fabricator??

The glass is half empty, not half full. If you do not agree with something educate yourself and seek the answers. Don't expect someone else to do it for you.

Entitled much?

-Geaux

It's not possible to "agree" or "disagree" when you haven't made a fucking point in the first place because YOU can't be bothered to find a source, dick head. And it sure as FUCK isn't my job to go look up your points for you.

Every time there's a shooting, liberals run around saying this proves we need more gun laws. I ask liberals over and over how exactly you are going to keep guns out of the hands of criminals every time you say you want more gun laws.

In particular, address given that drugs are illegal, and yet any parent knows any kid can get as much pot as they want. There are millions of guns in the US, millions more in the world. So don't just say more laws, explain how more laws are going to actually work.

So, there have been 7 shootings killing at least 10 people in the last decade. The only thing you've achieved so far is that no one was shooting back.

Bobby Jindal made gun ownership a fundamental right via constitution right in his own state. That means felons and rapists and bank robbers can't be denied guns.

Fly by liberalism.

1) There is nothing in the legislation that said that criminals can get guns, that was a judge. You know, the people that YOU think are dictators. When liberal solutions turn on yourselves, you still aren't responsible...

2) And your statement is highly misleading. Even the ... judge ... who ruled that did not extend it to anyone who committed a violent crime with a gun. So once again, you are wrong. You must be used to that, it's rarely otherwise.

Every time there's a shooting, liberals run around saying this proves we need more gun laws. I ask liberals over and over how exactly you are going to keep guns out of the hands of criminals every time you say you want more gun laws.

In particular, address given that drugs are illegal, and yet any parent knows any kid can get as much pot as they want. There are millions of guns in the US, millions more in the world. So don't just say more laws, explain how more laws are going to actually work.

So, there have been 7 shootings killing at least 10 people in the last decade. The only thing you've achieved so far is that no one was shooting back.

He reads the headlines in the liberal media.

Entitled much?

-Geaux

It's not possible to "agree" or "disagree" when you haven't made a fucking point in the first place because YOU can't be bothered to find a source, dick head. And it sure as FUCK isn't my job to go look up your points for you.

:eusa_eh:

Do as I say, not as I do, eh pogo?

Entitled much?

-Geaux

:eusa_eh:

Do as I say, not as I do, eh pogo?

LMAO. Slurpo aka Pogo is such a neg troll he probably negs himself

-Geaux

The Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States provides American citizens with the right to bear arms. The only legal option open to those opposed to this right should be an amendment to the Constitution repealing the Second Amendment. Even this option is debatable, as the first ten amendments to the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, are presumed to be immune to repeal. Yet, we have individual states, such as New York, placing bans on guns, and we have a president and Congressmen and Congresswomen shouting for the banning or limiting of guns to citizens for whom they presumably work. Do we still have a Constitution, or do we have elected representatives that choose to ignore it?
Vic Debs,

Last edited by a moderator:
The Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States provides American citizens with the right to bear arms. The only legal option open to those opposed to this right should be an amendment to the Constitution repealing the Second Amendment. Even this option is debatable, as the first ten amendments to the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, are presumed to be immune to repeal. Yet, we have individual states, such as New York, placing bans on guns, and we have a president and Congressmen and Congresswomen shouting for the banning or limiting of guns to citizens for whom they presumably work. Do we still have a Constitution, or do we have elected representatives that choose to ignore it?
Vic Debs,
It surprises you that the liberal anti-gun agenda, designed to make Americans more helpless and thus more dependent on government, takes priority over the constitution of the Constutution?

Last edited:
Vic Debs,

It surprises you that the liberal anti-gun agenda, designed to make americans more helpless and thus more dependent on government, takes priority over the constitution of the Constutution?

That would be a leftist agenda; not a liberal one. Just sayin'.

Vic Debs,

Yet, we have individual states, such as New York, placing bans on guns,

we also have opposite as true

states like South Dakota

Montana and others

that have expanded the right

and written laws trumping the feds

out here in South Dakota

you can build a firearm with a bore of up to 1&1/2 inches or accessories (including silencers)

outside of the federal rules as long as it is built in the state remains in the state

and is marked as a South Dakota firearm

The Supreme Court decides whether or not state laws exceed their authority, and it uses the Constitution as the basis for their decisions. Of course, with modern Justices "interpreting" the Constitution rather than accepting what is written verbatim, we often see some strange decisions handed down by the "nine old men (and women)"

Last edited:
Liberal may be used as an adjective. Liberal agenda works, since liberal and leftist are synonyms.

Well - no, they're not. A frequent conflation, driven by demonizers of the right.

Basically liberal means "let it be" while left (or right) means "force it". That's three different things.

Forum List

Back