Kentucky Clerk Jailed for Contempt of Court

she held her position prior to the ratification of the 14th amendment?
It is NOT the 14th Amendment that is in jail for.....This reply of yours is completely inane.....

BTW...the 14th does NOT predate the 1st.....
she's in jail for violation of a court order. that court order is based on her denial of equal treatment under the law - a right guaranteed in the 14th amendment.
her first amendment rights do not allow her to violate the rights of others - and it especially doesn't give her the right to use her office to violate the rights of others.
You cannot be denied equal treatment when that treatment can be had everywhere....Every clerk in every county BUT hers provides the licenses.....

The Judge is out of order. The people of Kentucky need to fight to have him removed from the bench and the case appealed up.
so she's denying the citizens of her county equal treatment.
and you forget - if she's allowed to discriminate what stops every other county?

affirmative action is race based discrimination against citizens ......by the government
Race based? You sure about that? Most who take advantage of AA are white women.

Davis became a Christian in 2011 after living apart from Christ in a sinful lifestyle that resulted in several divorces. She said in a statement earlier this week that it was her mother-in-law’s dying wish that she attend church, which led to her repentance and faith in Christ. Davis states that those who are now criticizing her are welcome to repent of their sin and be born again just as she did four years ago.
“All I can say to them is if they have a sordid past like what I had, they too can receive the cleansing and renewing, and they can start a fresh life and they can be different,” Davis told Starnes. “They don’t have to remain in their sin. There’s hope for tomorrow.”

Imprisoned Kentucky County Clerk Rejects Proposal to Let Deputies Issue 'Gay Marriage' Licenses

Yay! Now we can jail those officials of sanctuary cities for refusing to do their jobs. Disobeying laws that were already in place when they took the job, unlike this woman who's job was changed after she took office (I assume). No?

Davis' lawyer, Roger Gannam, said it was the first time in history an American citizen has been jailed for believing that marriage is a union between one man and one woman. He compared her willingness to accept imprisonment to what Martin Luther King Jr. did to advance civil rights.

BINGO! Martyr for religious rights.

Nope................sorry, but to be an actual martyr, you have to follow the teachings of your religion and dogma.

She's not doing that, because Jesus said that if your right eye offends thee, pluck it out and throw it away, because it's better to enter Heaven missing an eye than to end up in Hell because you allowed your right eye to cause you to sin.

Here's the verse....................................

Matthew 5:29 If your right eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell.

Now, in her case, it's not her right eye that is offending her, it's her job. Why? Because she feels like she's being forced to sin in issuing marriage licenses to gay couples.

So, she should pluck out her job (resign from her position), and get on with her life.

Even Jesus thinks she should resign.

Jesus would follow the Word and the Bible is clear that we are to follow human law EXCEPT when it violates God's law and the Bible is clear that homosexuality is a sin, an abomination unto the Lord. God's law trumps human law

No, because she has the ability to get another job, rather than feel like she's being forced to sin.

I guess you missed the whole meaning of what Jesus said, didn't you?

I didn't miss anything. The Bible is clear, it's a sin, the Bible is also clear we are to follow God's law over human law. You all don't care about two gaypers getting pretend married, you want blood. You're just pushing an agenda, nothing more and nothing less
My goodness. It is a tragedy that legalized gay marriage has adversely affected your life and perhaps your marriage so much. Such a tragedy. You simply aren't happy unless we have Christian sharia here...but, a thought....what if it's Jeremiah's version of Christian Sharia and not yours? Oops.

Today, for the first time ever, the government arrested a Christian woman for living according to her faith. This is wrong. This is not America," Ted Cruz said. “I stand with Kim Davis. Unequivocally. I stand with every American that the Obama Administration is trying to force to chose between honoring his or her faith or complying with a lawless court opinion."
No, your post is wrong, in addition to being ignorant.

The arrest was lawful and consistent with the Constitution, having nothing to do whatsoever with her religion.

That the likes of Cruz 'stands' with Davis, both exhibiting their ignorance of, and contempt for, the Constitution, its case law, and the rule of law, comes as no surprise.

Davis would have been jailed if she were Muslim or Jewish, or a person free from faith – for whatever reason she might defy a lawful, Constitutional court order.

It sure affected a certain baker and now a clerk.

OF THEIR OWN FREE WILL! They had to go OUT OF THEIR WAY to be affected. How does a gay couple getting married AFFECT YOU! How fucking simplistic do I need to get. Does their getting married tear a hole in the space time continuum and you get sucked into it?

What possible affect does a gay couple have on you.

The homos went to the baker, it's also known some of these cases are setups. I don't care if they get pretend married, have at it, I've always said that. With that said I don't have to accept it as normal and I won't.

And they refused to BAKE A FUCKING CAKE! The "homo's" weren't telling them to bend over! They were trying to pay them money to bake a cake! And you can't see the ridiculousness of this situation?

They weren't telling the bakers "you have to be gay to bake my cake!" I do think that the State of Oregon has gone totally batshit crazy in the punishment they have handed out, that is the very definition of "cruel and unusual punishment". But how in the hell a person can think that baking a cake is somehow violating their religious principles is beyond me.

That is a level of batshit crazy that I will never understand.
And you do not see how ridiculous it is for a private business enterprise to be put out of business when they refuse to be a part of sanctifying such an arrangement; with something they totally disagree with according to their religious faith? Hell they could bake their own fucking cake.
What you have a problem with is your state's Public Accommodation laws....laws that have been on the books for about 50 years now...laws that have occasionally protected christians from being discriminated against. But...if you don't like PA laws, what are you actively doing to get them repealed in your state?
It sure affected a certain baker and now a clerk.

OF THEIR OWN FREE WILL! They had to go OUT OF THEIR WAY to be affected. How does a gay couple getting married AFFECT YOU! How fucking simplistic do I need to get. Does their getting married tear a hole in the space time continuum and you get sucked into it?

What possible affect does a gay couple have on you.

The homos went to the baker, it's also known some of these cases are setups. I don't care if they get pretend married, have at it, I've always said that. With that said I don't have to accept it as normal and I won't.

And they refused to BAKE A FUCKING CAKE! The "homo's" weren't telling them to bend over! They were trying to pay them money to bake a cake! And you can't see the ridiculousness of this situation?

They weren't telling the bakers "you have to be gay to bake my cake!" I do think that the State of Oregon has gone totally batshit crazy in the punishment they have handed out, that is the very definition of "cruel and unusual punishment". But how in the hell a person can think that baking a cake is somehow violating their religious principles is beyond me.

That is a level of batshit crazy that I will never understand.
And you do not see how ridiculous it is for a private business enterprise to be put out of business when they refuse to be a part of sanctifying such an arrangement; with something they totally disagree with according to their religious faith? Hell they could bake their own fucking cake.
so you're cool with an establishment saying you can't eat there because you're christian? you're cool with the owners asking you if the anniversary you're celebrating is to your first spouse and kicking you out if it isn't? you're good with the bank giving you an interest rate, then changing that rate over the phone and then changing that rate when they find out your race/sex/religion?
I am not cool with any of the gay agenda. The questions you are asking have nothing to do with issuing a marriage license.

Fact is Rod and I asked a gay couple where the best place to eat was when we were vacationing. They did not impose themselves upon us and we did not impose our beliefs on them. I don't wear a hat that says "I am a Christian you have to accept me". If you purposely go into an establishment to cause them trouble I would say they have a right to toss you out. If you are there to spend your money and they do not want it go somewhere else.

Banks? Hey they are corporations. Invest your money, buy up the stock and throw the executives out if that is the way they treat you.

Yay! Now we can jail those officials of sanctuary cities for refusing to do their jobs. Disobeying laws that were already in place when they took the job, unlike this woman who's job was changed after she took office (I assume). No?
So...what happens if your job description changes in someway? Do you think your boss will accept you saying you're not doing the changes?

Today, for the first time ever, the government arrested a Christian woman for living according to her faith. This is wrong. This is not America," Ted Cruz said. “I stand with Kim Davis. Unequivocally. I stand with every American that the Obama Administration is trying to force to chose between honoring his or her faith or complying with a lawless court opinion."

The arrest was lawful and consistent with the Constitution, having nothing to do whatsoever with her religion.

That the likes of Cruz 'stands' with Davis, both exhibiting their ignorance of, and contempt for, the Constitution, its case law, and the rule of law, comes as no surprise.

Davis would have been jailed if she were Muslim or Jewish, or a person free from faith – for whatever reason she might defy a lawful, Constitutional court order.
He or she whatever the case may be is a liar Bonzi. Sodomy is not mention as a protected act in the Bill of Rights or Constitution. Judges do not make law legislators voted into office by the people do that.

No, the ignorant, ridiculous rhetoric about 'old lawyers' in Washington 'reinterpreting' the Constitution is actually the epic fail.
Hardly. Until very recently, large numbers of States had passed Defense of Marriage referenda, only to have them overturned.

Despite what recent polls suggest --- counting people who have given-up on fighting this, alongside actual supporters - the Courts act in contravention to the Will of the People.

The People are the ultimate sovereign in this land.

Court rulings are overturned all the time.

All it takes is a little imagination and the right advocate and a more favorably-constituted court.

If a bare majority of Old Farts on the Supreme Court have seen fit to put America through this sawmill, The People will find a way to correct this abomination.

This rumble is just getting started.

Meanwhile, the observation concerning an "Epic Fail", in connection with a challenge to define "Christian Sharia Law", stands.

The Will of the People would appear to support same sex marriage: Changing Attitudes on Gay Marriage

Methinks that the "people's representatives" might want to get in touch with "the people".

He or she whatever the case may be is a liar Bonzi. Sodomy is not mention as a protected act in the Bill of Rights or Constitution. Judges do not make law legislators voted into office by the people do that.
Neither is any kind of sex. But it IS fascinating that you want to stick your nose, so to speak, in the sex lives of others.

No but you can do whatever you like in privacy. You do not have the right to pin your illnesses onto me. See how that works.

And if a gay couple gets married how the hell does that affect YOU?
It alters the entire fabric of this society when you make an exception for an illness to over ride my faith and beliefs. Marriage is a religious institution.
not exclusively. our government has been recognizing marriages for years without any religious involvement
If the government wants to issue a license for people to whatever to one another then make a separate license with the governments name on it for they can share their deviant behavior but don't force others to lower their standards to that.
separate but equal, huh?

Gays used to tell me that they had a right to have sex on public ground and in public facilities.
no they didn't.
Today if I were in that same position according to many of the people that post on this board I should be thrown I jail if I tell them go do their thing in private or go rent a room.
no, they wouldn't
If I wanted to start a business of any kind by what you are saying judges can tell me I would be breaking their law.
?
Again the deviants would call for me to be put in jail. If I deny access for them to my children today I'd once again be falsely arrested by some out of control judge for protecting the children God put into my charge against predators.
what the hell are you talking about?
And once again I would hope that the people when they hear the truth they would rise up and say enough and throw the out of control sickos out of their positions.
what truth is that? that elected officials should be allowed to treat homosexuals differently?
I am not wasting my time by responding fully to your total ignorance.
Why can't you simply answer his question?
He already said he did not believe what I wrote why answer some little twit like that. I don't have to waste my time.

Hey! Take it up with Ted Cruz :)

Except it only works that way in a dictatorial tyranny....

She held the position BEFORE the law was passed. This means that the law intentionally targets people of faith.....I hope that she appeals to the SCOTUS......

And to be honest.....I really don't care what anyone on this or any forum thinks regarding this.....The day this country can pass a law that requires ME to have to alter My beliefs or behaviors is the day that that government needs to be abolished.

It spells the death of liberty.
she held her position prior to the ratification of the 14th amendment?
It is NOT the 14th Amendment that is in jail for.....This reply of yours is completely inane.....

BTW...the 14th does NOT predate the 1st.....
she's in jail for violation of a court order. that court order is based on her denial of equal treatment under the law - a right guaranteed in the 14th amendment.
her first amendment rights do not allow her to violate the rights of others - and it especially doesn't give her the right to use her office to violate the rights of others.
She is in jail under religious percucution and a political prisoner.
she is not being religiously persecuted and she is not a political prisoner.

Since when is someone who not only refuses to do her job but refuses to allow anyone else to step in and do it so she can act on her religious principles - a political prisoner?

No but you can do whatever you like in privacy. You do not have the right to pin your illnesses onto me. See how that works.

And if a gay couple gets married how the hell does that affect YOU?
It alters the entire fabric of this society when you make an exception for an illness to over ride my faith and beliefs. Marriage is a religious institution.
not exclusively. our government has been recognizing marriages for years without any religious involvement
If the government wants to issue a license for people to whatever to one another then make a separate license with the governments name on it for they can share their deviant behavior but don't force others to lower their standards to that.
separate but equal, huh?

Gays used to tell me that they had a right to have sex on public ground and in public facilities.
no they didn't.
Today if I were in that same position according to many of the people that post on this board I should be thrown I jail if I tell them go do their thing in private or go rent a room.
no, they wouldn't
If I wanted to start a business of any kind by what you are saying judges can tell me I would be breaking their law.
?
Again the deviants would call for me to be put in jail. If I deny access for them to my children today I'd once again be falsely arrested by some out of control judge for protecting the children God put into my charge against predators.
what the hell are you talking about?
And once again I would hope that the people when they hear the truth they would rise up and say enough and throw the out of control sickos out of their positions.
what truth is that? that elected officials should be allowed to treat homosexuals differently?
I am not wasting my time by responding fully to your total ignorance.

But that IS the question. Why are you afraid to address it?

Should some groups or individuals be treated differently?

Where in the Constitution does it say that?

Is that what you want for the US?
Not afraid just not wasting effort.

If you study up on Ted Cruz and his father, it is no surprise that he is a BIG supporter of christian sharia....the more it pushes out Constitutional law, the better.

Forum List

Back