Kentucky Kickback: McConnell sells out for 2 BILLION for a dam in KY

After the GOP caved into Obama with the debt ceiling.....again......it would seem that all is lost for the GOP. They made arses of themselves, and then caved like school girl on prom night.

However, not all is lost for Congressional Republicans. Mitch McConnell seems to have pulled victory out of the jaws of defeat by having billions earmarked for a new dam in Kentucky that was hidden in the legislation.

View attachment 27985

What losers members of the Tea Party are. This is a man we can all be proud of, a man who knows how to get things done in Washington.

Mitch McConnell for president!!
The whole DEAL was laden with pork...WE the taxpayer are stuck paying for it again...

TIME to clean out the swamp. ALL need to GO.

'In exchange for funding Obamacare and raising the debt limit, Mitch McConnell has secured a $2 billion earmark,' the Senate Conservatives Fund griped, calling it the 'Kentucky kickback.'

All politics are local.

:lol: until the tea party tells their Representatives to defund obamacare, then its they're killing the country...:lol: how many ways you want to slice that hypocrisy?

The people whining about this would rather the money went to some hoochie mamma's EBT card. Screw jobs. Screw commerce. Screw fixing America's infrastructure.

^ race card. You people are obsessed w/ EBT :eusa_eh:

as to the OP, he was trying to pad his #'s for the upcoming election.

Just more of the Republican war on coal. They really, really don't want barges to be able to use the Ohio River.

This is to make it EASIER to use the river.

then do it in the light odf day, via regular order when the rest of the pigs step up for their earmarks in a budget, not the night of a vote where the guy who is instrumental in getting it done gets paid.....see?

The people whining about this would rather the money went to some hoochie mamma's EBT card. Screw jobs. Screw commerce. Screw fixing America's infrastructure.

I would rather we not spend that 2 billion at all, considering how far in debt we are.

If McConnell wanted money for his state then he should submit a proposal and pass it on its own right. I will never support getting money in such a slimy way as McConnell did, I don't care what it's for.

Just more of the Republican war on coal. They really, really don't want barges to be able to use the Ohio River.

then do it in the light odf day, via regular order when the rest of the pigs step up for their earmarks in a budget, not the night of a vote where the guy who is instrumental in getting it done gets paid.....see?

I don't think you can expect Washington to EVER be that straight forward. That is what politicking is all about. Getting for your state any way you can get for your state. And this, I can assure you, isn't the first time nor will it be the last that something went down like this. We don't elect people from here to go to Washington and make us poorer.

I would rather we not spend that 2 billion at all, considering how far in debt we are.

If McConnell wanted money for his state then he should submit a proposal and pass it on its own right. I will never support getting money in such a slimy way as McConnell did, I don't care what it's for.

Actually the project benefits 3 states, and everyone who is the beneficiary of a product that ships on that commercial river. So, it benefits everyone in the long run. I live on a lake that is a commercial river and it is very busy. If a tug has to sit for 5 hours waiting to lock through a dam, that cost will get eaten somewhere, and it won't be by the towing company. And I certainly would never be opposed to more clean hydroelectric power.

as to the OP, he was trying to pad his #'s for the upcoming election.

Negged!

And you are obsessed with ME, following me all around this forum to harass me.

I don't think you can expect Washington to EVER be that straight forward. That is what politicking is all about. Getting for your state any way you can get for your state. And this, I can assure you, isn't the first time nor will it be the last that something went down like this. We don't elect people from here to go to Washington and make us poorer.

argument in mitigation doesn't quite cut it, there has been a roar , well, was a roar over pork barrel spending via earmarks, and the like,example- parachuting in to a bill moments before it hits the floor for a vote, some earmark for whatever..... obama promised if I recall ( I am sure someone will now argue what a promise is) as to not signing a bill with earmarks, well? Thats lasted what, one session of congress? Remember John Murtha, how the gop took after him ala his ravenous appetite for earmarks? Or Robert Bryd?

look, if you're all for this type of slippery back room, submarined spending, hey fine, then don't complain about the state of th deficit or debt., you cannot have it both ways...

argument in mitigation doesn't quite cut it, there has been a roar , well, was a roar over pork barrel spending via earmarks, and the like,example- parachuting in to a bill moments before it hits the floor for a vote, some earmark for whatever..... obama promised if I recall ( I am sure someone will now argue what a promise is) as to not signing a bill with earmarks, well? Thats lasted what, one session of congress? Remember John Murtha, how the gop took after him ala his ravenous appetite for earmarks? Or Robert Bryd?

look, if you're all for this type of slippery back room, submarined spending, hey fine, then don't complain about the state of th deficit or debt., you cannot have it both ways...

I didn't say I was 'for' anything. I said that's the way it is. Always has been. Always will be. The system is what it is. And it will be what it is long after I'm gone. I pay income taxes too, and have paid a lot in my lifetime with very little of it coming back to my state. Other states have gotten far more than this that I had to help pay for as well. I am glad we got something. KY is one of the poorest states in the union, but is taxed like we are the richest. This will mean jobs and it will improve commerce as it improves traffic along the river. People who don't live near a commercial river don't understand how important they are to the nation. I am most surprised that Obama didn't shut the locks and dams down. He did everything else he could to hurt the country. He just doesn't have the background to have thought of it, otherwise he would have.

so, in short, (no offense meant, just telling it like it is);

you got yours, so........thats that.

the system btw has a viable, regular path for this type of outlay, and this, aint it.....

ummm..... the President has talked about rebuilding our infrastructure since he was elected. Sunshine. Stop lying. :eusa_hand: That or you are seriously out of the current events loop.

Last edited:
Q- with all of the stimulus " infrastructure" spending that went down, why didn't this make the cut then?

Answer- becasue McConnell didn't need to make amends at the time....

Q- with all of the stimulus " infrastructure" spending that went down, why didn't this make the cut then?

Answer- becasue McConnell didn't need to make amends at the time....

I thought you of all people, could see the political beauty of this move.

It was very well played.

Gosh.

She didn't mention race. Why do you think the only people on public assistance are black?

Hoochie Mama?

Then EBT?

She didn't have too, Dave.

Plus..consider the source.

Sunshine makes no bones about her racism.

Actually the project benefits 3 states, and everyone who is the beneficiary of a product that ships on that commercial river. So, it benefits everyone in the long run. I live on a lake that is a commercial river and it is very busy. If a tug has to sit for 5 hours waiting to lock through a dam, that cost will get eaten somewhere, and it won't be by the towing company. And I certainly would never be opposed to more clean hydroelectric power.
Again: There is no plan for a hydroelectric plant on the Olmsted dam.

ummm..... the President has talked about rebuilding our infrastructure since he was elected. Sunshine. Stop lying. :eusa_hand: That or you are seriously out of the current events loop.
What good did flushing a half-billion dollars down the Solyndra toilet do us? Or all the other failed or failing green energy firms he's bankrolled?

Forum List

Back