Kiling live pigeons for sport.

I don't know why you people converse with luddly as if he actually has a fully functioning brain. Every person on this site knows there's something turrible amiss with him..

Meanwhile...one of the fave dishes of certain minorities:

ou will need: One 6 – 7 inch LIVE terrapin ( Will be enough for two people.) Plus one carrot, some sliced onion and 1 stalk celery. In a large pot, plunge the terrapin into boiling salted water and boil for five minutes. Lift terrapin out of water with a skimmer. Remove skin by rubbing briskly with a towel. Pull out the head with a skewer and rub off skin.Return terrapin to pot. Add 1 carrot, some sliced onion and 1 stalk of celery. Simmer until feet fall off and shell cracks – about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
Once more, remove terrapin from pot, lay it on it’s back and allow to cool only enough to handle. Pull out the nails from the feet. Cut under the shell close to the upper shell and carefully remove upper shell. Empty the upper shell and carefully remove and discard sand bags, gall bladder and thick, heavy part of intestines.

Historic and Unusual Recipes?Just for fun !!! ?- How to Cook a Terrapin (or Turtle) | My Yellow Farmhouse

Go jump all over them about cruelty to animals.

Please. Start with Jamaicans:

"The police state that about 1 p.m. they were conducting a spot check along the Fair Prospect Main Road in eastern Portland when a white Toyota Corolla sedan was stopped. A search of the vehicle was conducted. During the search, a turtle was found in a yellow tub in the trunk of the car. "

http://jamaica-star.com/thestar/20120608/news/news19.html

Last edited:
I don't know why you people converse with luddly as if he actually has a fully functioning brain. Every person on this site knows there's something turrible amiss with him..

ou will need: One 6 – 7 inch LIVE terrapin ( Will be enough for two people.) Plus one carrot, some sliced onion and 1 stalk celery. In a large pot, plunge the terrapin into boiling salted water and boil for five minutes. Lift terrapin out of water with a skimmer. Remove skin by rubbing briskly with a towel. Pull out the head with a skewer and rub off skin.Return terrapin to pot. Add 1 carrot, some sliced onion and 1 stalk of celery. Simmer until feet fall off and shell cracks – about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
Once more, remove terrapin from pot, lay it on it’s back and allow to cool only enough to handle. Pull out the nails from the feet. Cut under the shell close to the upper shell and carefully remove upper shell. Empty the upper shell and carefully remove and discard sand bags, gall bladder and thick, heavy part of intestines.

Historic and Unusual Recipes?Just for fun !!! ?- How to Cook a Terrapin (or Turtle) | My Yellow Farmhouse

"The police state that about 1 p.m. they were conducting a spot check along the Fair Prospect Main Road in eastern Portland when a white Toyota Corolla sedan was stopped. A search of the vehicle was conducted. During the search, a turtle was found in a yellow tub in the trunk of the car. "

Female sea turtle seized, man arrested - News - Jamaica Star - June 8, 2012

That's brilliant. Who would have ever thought a turtle could be so tasty! A slow moving target, easy killing!

Let me give you a clue you backwoods redneck, real men don't eat reptiles. I've eaten rattle snake, but I was just a kid so that doesn't really count.

Please, don't play with fire. You're not evolved enough yet.

Last edited:
Oh, I don't eat turtle.

But lots and lots of minorities do.

So you're saying they aren't properly evolved? Or are you saying they aren't real men?

Oh, I don't eat turtle.

So you're saying they aren't properly evolved? Or are you saying they aren't real men?

Negative grasshopper, I'm simply saying that there is no real reason to eat a damn turtle. Seriously, there are plenty of squirrel around. Trap that shit, stab it with knife if you're hungry but a turtle? What kind of dumb ass starts his day hunting turtles?

You'd damn well better be some sorry ass, starving homeless retard who was an extra on Shindler's list to do something like that. It's pathetic. I'm not trying to go PETA here but really? They should just dig up grubs and worms. Far more common and good for you.

Last edited:
Bleeding hearts. The same folks who finance the wholesale euthanasia (murder) of innocent dogs and cats by "Humane" organizations. Hypocrites all.

The SPCA here in Norfolk has a no kill policy. They neuter and spay feral cats for free.

They even loan traps to catch them and get them fixed.

They kill none of them.

Oh, I don't eat turtle.

Negative grasshopper, I'm simply saying that there is no real reason to eat a damn turtle. Seriously, there are plenty of squirrel around. Trap that shit, stab it with knife if you're hungry but a turtle? What kind of dumb ass starts his day hunting turtles?

You'd damn well better be some sorry ass, starving homeless retard who was an extra on Shindler's list to do something like that. It's pathetic. I'm not trying to go PETA here but really? They should just dig up grubs and worms. Far more common and good for you.
Some turtles live to be over a hundred years old.

Turtles are cool.

I was a shrimp boat captain in the gulf of mexico in the 60's. We use to kill a lot of turtles in our trawl nets. They now have incorporated nets that allow them to excape.

They have some massive turtles in the florida keys called loggerhead turtles. They eat loggerheads on the bottom. It's great to know that they are a protected species now.

Bleeding hearts. The same folks who finance the wholesale euthanasia (murder) of innocent dogs and cats by "Humane" organizations. Hypocrites all.

The SPCA here in Norfolk has a no kill policy. They neuter and spay feral cats for free.

They even loan traps to catch them and get them fixed.

They kill none of them.

Golly Snookums...I'm having nawfuk flashbacks!!

btw, some friends of mine just came back from Oz and brought me a can of turtle soup :eek:

Last edited:

Female sea turtle seized, man arrested - News - Jamaica Star - June 8, 2012
I've ehard that there are seven different shades of meat in a loggerhead...ranging in shades from lightest to darkest. I had turtle stew at a Cajun's home once...but I've never killed one.

I consider pigeons like flying rats. I do think shooting them for sport, like shooting skeet, is pretty sick, but the authorities should deal with them the same as they do rats; pigeons are vermin and should be poisoned and eliminated in the same way. Or at least they should attempt to eliminate them.

Last edited:
Oh, I don't eat turtle.

Turtles are cool.

I was a shrimp boat captain in the gulf of mexico in the 60's. We use to kill a lot of turtles in our trawl nets. They now have incorporated nets that allow them to excape.

They have some massive turtles in the florida keys called loggerhead turtles. They eat loggerheads on the bottom. It's great to know that they are a protected species now.

when i was a kid i used to live trap snapping turtles and sell them

people used to come from near and far for them

and if i was out would get on a waiting list to get one

Oh, I don't eat turtle.

Turtles are cool.

This explains so much...
20110929122000352_2.jpg
:D

Since we are talking about slaughtering animals, how about those swamp people in Louisiana who shoot alligators for a living. Talk about some inbreds. It's like from "the hills have eyes."

Shooting pidgeons? I'd say a #8 shot with a full choke would do the job. I prefer an 870 Remington because I like to feel the round rack into the chamber.

My body armor is supposed to withstand up to 3.08. Pistol rounds might as well be spit wads, but I believe some long guns in the right caliber could get through. Curiously, the 5.56 put the biggest dent in it. It's spalling that you have worry about.

I'll admit to not knowing much about body armor.

But I did see a 7mm magnum penetrate an oldsmobile 455 cast iron engine block.

I'm certain that my body armor would completely negate a 7mm round and most common rifle rounds. I'm not sure it would thwart a Nagant rifle at 300 yards but it will damn sure defeat any handgun I can think of and common NATO rounds like 5.56. There are videos on the web that attest to this fact. It's heavy though. The armor is cheap but the carrier vest can put you back green. By the time you're done you've added 30 pounds to your torso with the side plates but I only keep it around for damn near apocalyptic style emergencies.

I can name one handgun that would go through your armor: the .500 S&W. Even without a handload, that's on the same level as a big-game rifle. With a hot handloaded round, you're talking elephant-rifle KE. I have seen a round from one shatter a cinderblock...not break it, SHATTER it! A .454 Casull, a .460, or a Ruger .480 might.

Also note: a 7mm Remington hits HARDER than a .308 Winchester.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back