Killer sets trap, says its "stand your ground"

If I were on a jury I would never convict a homeowner who shot a piece of shit criminal in defense of his home, family or property.

If they break in, yes. If you leave the door open and they walk in, no. If I saw a purse sitting in a garage and the garage door was open, I'd go in. Not to steal the purse, but to find out if something is wrong. I walked into my sister's house when she didn't answer her door and I noticed the back door was wide open. I was afraid something may be wrong. Turns out they were just making whoopie, I told them next time, lock the door.

Walking into a relatives house isn't the same as walking into a strangers house. But it can still get you shot.

Rochester pastor shoots granddaughter, mistaken for intruder

Teen Girl Fatally Shot By Stepfather After Being Mistaken For an Intruder

Cops: Retired detective fatally shoots son after mistaking him for intruder

The guy in MN wasn't acquitted, and they actually broke into his house. If you leave your garage door open and someone comes in, it's not the same as if they broke a window to get in. If you leave your front door open, you have to expect someone is going to walk in.

Bullshit.

An open door is not an invitation to come on in.

Damn you people are stupid!!

An open door is either an invitation to come in or a warning that something is wrong. You won't know which until you go in and check.

There is a big difference between breaking into someone's home and walking in an open door.

Or it could be just a door that wasn't closed properly and swung open or a door that was left open to help air out the house, there are many reasons why a door could be left open not just the either/or that you cited.

Walking into a house where you are not invited can get you killed.

Your own testimony provided a different reason than the "either an invitation to come in or a warning that something is wrong" comment.

Last edited:
Bullshit.

An open door is either an invitation to come in or a warning that something is wrong. You won't know which until you go in and check.

There is a big difference between breaking into someone's home and walking in an open door.

Or it could be just a door that wasn't closed properly and swung open or a door that was left open to help air out the house, there are many reasons why a door could be left open not just the either/or that you cited.

Your own testimony provided a different reason than the "either an invitation to come in or a warning that something is wrong" comment.

On top of what you said. Anyone who is walking into your home because the door is wide open,will be knocking on the door and identifying themselves as a concerned neighbor.....if not then maybe it's just time for a visit from Darwin.:lol: Cause you're just begging to be shot!

If I were on a jury I would never convict a homeowner who shot a piece of shit criminal in defense of his home, family or property.

If they break in, yes. If you leave the door open and they walk in, no. If I saw a purse sitting in a garage and the garage door was open, I'd go in. Not to steal the purse, but to find out if something is wrong. I walked into my sister's house when she didn't answer her door and I noticed the back door was wide open. I was afraid something may be wrong. Turns out they were just making whoopie, I told them next time, lock the door.

I don 't care if every door and window of his house was wide open. The guy was trying to rob him AND he was uninvited.

He wasn't a relative he was a piece of shit who wanted to steal something.

On top of what you said. Anyone who is walking into your home because the door is wide open,will be knocking on the door and identifying themselves as a concerned neighbor.....if not then maybe it's just time for a visit from Darwin.:lol: Cause you're just begging to be shot!

I generally just walk right into most of my families homes without knocking but I always holler out " hello! " which is usually followed by a reply from someone in the house and they do the same at my house. But it's something we don't ever do at night, unless someone is expecting you.

The guy in MN wasn't acquitted, and they actually broke into his house. If you leave your garage door open and someone comes in, it's not the same as if they broke a window to get in. If you leave your front door open, you have to expect someone is going to walk in.

Bullshit.

An open door is either an invitation to come in or a warning that something is wrong.

no not really

an open door is just that open

my front door is open right now just as my garage door is

i have an expectation that others will not just go in my garage or home

other then family

Yes, it's true, you knock on the door and call out.

Bullshit.

Are you an idiot? An open door could be me letting the cool breeze in. If you want to be stupid enough to walk in don't expect to walk out.

Walking into a relatives house isn't the same as walking into a strangers house. But it can still get you shot.

As a RESPONSIBLE gun owner, I question why it's so easy to make these mistakes.

Bullshit.

Are you an idiot? An open door could be me letting the cool breeze in. If you want to be stupid enough to walk in don't expect to walk out.

If I move to your neighborhood and bring you a pie, I will die?

I grew up with guns stashed around the house. Since I've been on my own, I've had guns in the house for years.

After 36 years of life, I still have not seen anyone accidentally shot by any of those guns.

I grew up with guns stashed around the house. Since I've been on my own, I've had guns in the house for years.

After 36 years of life, I still have not seen anyone accidentally shot by any of those guns.

I have grown up the same way. Except at age 7 my 8 year old sister tried to shoot me with one of them. My aunt also shot her husband during an argument. The idiot is still married to her & with her, but is no longer with his spleen, pancreas or gallbladder. Now he has to take pills for the rest of his life for the missing organs. I don't know how he does it. Personally, if I were him I would be pissed at her every time I took those pills.

No. Not as long as you knock first.

No there's not. Only a moron, or criminal, would be dumb enough to walk into someones home or garage just because the doors open.

Dumb idea

-Geaux

It's called "circumstance". Given the circumstances that some of these accidental shootings occurred it is easy to see how mistakes were made.

I generally just walk right into most of my families homes without knocking but I always holler out " hello! " which is usually followed by a reply from someone in the house and they do the same at my house. But it's something we don't ever do at night, unless someone is expecting you.

Yep...you dont go into your own families home unannounced....because they all think like we do.:lol:

I have grown up the same way. Except at age 7 my 8 year old sister tried to shoot me with one of them. My aunt also shot her husband during an argument. The idiot is still married to her & with her, but is no longer with his spleen, pancreas or gallbladder. Now he has to take pills for the rest of his life for the missing organs. I don't know how he does it. Personally, if I were him I would be pissed at her every time I took those pills.

That's proof that responsibility and gun education doesn't come with the purchase of a firearm.

Just out of curiosity, how many of your family is or has been in prison or a mental facility?

You gonna knock first? If not..I dont like your chances.

An open door is an invitation to investigate according to the cops.

So if they guy had shot a cop would he be able to use the stand your ground defence?

Just curious.

Forum List

Back