Killer sets trap, says its "stand your ground"

Criminals are meant to be dispatched if they break into a home. No laughing matter

Win

-Geaux

Win?

Come on, take a guess, you can do it

-Geaux

If you kill an unarmed kid in your garage who presented no physical threat to you or your family, you will be convicted of homicide. I'm guessing 10 years in the slammer. tTy maintaining your moral indignation and smug superiority after lights out when your cell mate decides to cozy up to you.

If I were on a jury I would never convict a homeowner who shot a piece of shit criminal in defense of his home, family or property.

apparently it is hard to understand

the kid that was shot in the head (and survived) by Merritt Landry

was busted yesterday for another burglary

Teenager shot by Marigny homeowner arrested in residential burglary, sources say | NOLA.com

I blame Merritt for the second burglary. Ya gotta make sure the threat is dead,so you always put a few extra in em just to make sure.

you would think a head shot would do it

Probably using a 9mm. Never did understand the love affair with the 9mm in this country.
The only use I would have for one would be in a SHTF scenario.
Ammo would be everywhere.

Well, I certainly do not hold burglars in high esteem. However, I despise murderers even more, and anyone who kills someone over an empty purse is a murderer.

I don't care if it empty or not. You are still stealing the purse.

And......that is still not a crime punishable by death in this country.

Come and visit the United State of HereWeGoAgain. It's a small country with a police force of two,but we have very stringent laws on breaking and entering.

When the hell is the left going to stop applauding tragedies like this? Everything is freaking political to the left and they scan the Country for tragedies like vampires. Nobody in their right mind thinks this stuff is good news except the radical left.

Man Who Set A Trap To Kill 17-Year-Old Intruder Invokes Stand Your Ground-Like Defense | ThinkProgress

Seventeen-year-old Diren Dede lost his life Sunday, while in Missoula, Montana on a high school exchange program from Germany. He was shot dead at the home of Markus Kaarma, after Kaarma set a trap for intruders by intentionally leaving the garage open and placing a purse in clear view.

After motion sensors detected someone in the garage, Kaarma shot Dede. And while he has since been charged with first degree murder, he is already invoking a Stand Your Ground-like defense.

Kaarma is not the first to claim he was justified in killing someone after setting a trap. A Minnesota jury rejected Byron Smith’s argument that he was standing his ground when he made it look as though he wasn’t home, and waited in the basement with food and water until two teen intruders descended, and he shot them dead. Audio recorded by Smith depicted him toying with the victims after he shot them, according to the New York Daily News, saying “you’re dead.” He also likened them to “vermin.”

Like we didn't see this coming.

Its a shame that we value things more than we value human lives.

I don't want my belongings stolen but no way is my TV worth more than a human life.

The shooter will be acquitted. Here's why. Most people will look to the act that caused the incident to happen in the first place. That is the moment the thief entered the house , he became an intruder. And under the law, the homeowner is under no obligation to determine the level of the threat. The crime is committed once the intruder enters the house.

Man Who Set A Trap To Kill 17-Year-Old Intruder Invokes Stand Your Ground-Like Defense | ThinkProgress

Seventeen-year-old Diren Dede lost his life Sunday, while in Missoula, Montana on a high school exchange program from Germany. He was shot dead at the home of Markus Kaarma, after Kaarma set a trap for intruders by intentionally leaving the garage open and placing a purse in clear view.

After motion sensors detected someone in the garage, Kaarma shot Dede. And while he has since been charged with first degree murder, he is already invoking a Stand Your Ground-like defense.

Kaarma is not the first to claim he was justified in killing someone after setting a trap. A Minnesota jury rejected Byron Smith’s argument that he was standing his ground when he made it look as though he wasn’t home, and waited in the basement with food and water until two teen intruders descended, and he shot them dead. Audio recorded by Smith depicted him toying with the victims after he shot them, according to the New York Daily News, saying “you’re dead.” He also likened them to “vermin.”

I don't want my belongings stolen but no way is my TV worth more than a human life.

The shooter will be acquitted. Here's why. Most people will look to the act that caused the incident to happen in the first place. That is the moment the thief entered the house , he became an intruder. And under the law, the homeowner is under no obligation to determine the level of the threat. The crime is committed once the intruder enters the house.

Totally, and absolutely false.

The guy in MN had his house broken into several times. He shot people who broke into his house. This guy left his garage door open, then shot someone who came in. Two completely different stories.

The guy in MN wasn't acquitted, and they actually broke into his house. If you leave your garage door open and someone comes in, it's not the same as if they broke a window to get in. If you leave your front door open, you have to expect someone is going to walk in.

Come on, take a guess, you can do it

-Geaux

If you kill an unarmed kid in your garage who presented no physical threat to you or your family, you will be convicted of homicide. I'm guessing 10 years in the slammer. tTy maintaining your moral indignation and smug superiority after lights out when your cell mate decides to cozy up to you.

It really depends on the law in your state.

States like Texas allow citizens protecting their homes, car, or place of business or employment to use force – including lethal force – when an intruder has unlawfully entered or is attempting to enter using force; is attempting to remove someone from the home, car, or workplace by force; or is attempting to commit a crime such as rape, murder, or robbery. An attempt to retreat is not required before a citizen is justified in using force against the invasive party in Texas.

- See more at: Castle Doctrine from State to State

The guy in MN wasn't acquitted, and they actually broke into his house. If you leave your garage door open and someone comes in, it's not the same as if they broke a window to get in. If you leave your front door open, you have to expect someone is going to walk in.

Bullshit.

An open door is not an invitation to come on in.

Damn you people are stupid!!

So if you leave your front door open someone is free to come in and do as they please?
Is that your dating plan?

If I were on a jury I would never convict a homeowner who shot a piece of shit criminal in defense of his home, family or property.

If they break in, yes. If you leave the door open and they walk in, no. If I saw a purse sitting in a garage and the garage door was open, I'd go in. Not to steal the purse, but to find out if something is wrong. I walked into my sister's house when she didn't answer her door and I noticed the back door was wide open. I was afraid something may be wrong. Turns out they were just making whoopie, I told them next time, lock the door.

So if you leave your front door open someone is free to come in and do as they please?
Is that your dating plan?

dating plan? Yes, if a door in my neighborhood is wide open, I will either call the cops or go in myself to make sure everything is okay. Sometimes I just hang around to see if anyone is coming out. We look after each other in this neighborhood. When my neighbor's car door was open and he was slumped over I nearly had a heart attack. Turns out he was just sleeping in the car as it was quieter than his house.

Bullshit.

An open door is not an invitation to come on in.

Damn you people are stupid!!

An open door is either an invitation to come in or a warning that something is wrong. You won't know which until you go in and check.

There is a big difference between breaking into someone's home and walking in an open door.

Forum List

Back