Knock the crap out of them!

I am watching the news, and they are talking about Maxine Waters and her call to harass people that work in Trump’s cabinet at restaurants, gas stations, etc. The leftist politicians and pundits keep going back to Trumps call for his supporters to punch protestors that come to his campaign rallies and how Trump said he would pay the legal fees. However, they conveniently leave out that Trump said this about protestors about to throw tomatoes at his rallies.

Throwing tomatoes and hitting people is assault and battery. Was Trump really that far out of line saying that such a person should be punched?

Throwing a tomato at someone is assault and battery? :lol:
LoL dude - maybe if you packed it full of razor blades or nerve gas.
Or if throwing food caused the person to fall and injure themselves.
Remember when the Rolling Stone reporter chucked pie in Anita Bryant's face?
Man wasn't even charged far as I can tell.

Throwing a tomato at someone is assault and battery?

yes

as is spitting on them.

Don't think so Will - Tossing spit, urine or any other bodily fluid or excrement at someone would be a crime -

Food? Don't believe so. Certainly they could pursue civil charges.

I don't think any assault and battery laws make exceptions for food, but I could be wrong.

Often charges are not brought up for assault and battery if there is no complaint to the police.

so its good for alt rights to run down people with cars but suddenly the left is violent?

Out of all the incwdents since Teump was elected, how many were trump supporters? Honestly, the woman who got run over can be attributed to the left as much as the ricotta since it was leftwards who who sent people there to start trouble. You kind of reap what you sew.

The comments from Waters promoting harassment and violence was made after several TRUMP cabinet members had been publicly harassed and their children threatened.
Big difference from TRUMP asking supporters at his rallies to intervene if they see a lefty protester in the crowed attempting assault by throwing a tomato.

I am watching the news, and they are talking about Maxine Waters and her call to harass people that work in Trump’s cabinet at restaurants, gas stations, etc. The leftist politicians and pundits keep going back to Trumps call for his supporters to punch protestors that come to his campaign rallies and how Trump said he would pay the legal fees. However, they conveniently leave out that Trump said this about protestors about to throw tomatoes at his rallies.

Throwing tomatoes and hitting people is assault and battery. Was Trump really that far out of line saying that such a person should be punched?

yes

as is spitting on them.

Don't think so Will - Tossing spit, urine or any other bodily fluid or excrement at someone would be a crime -

Looked up the Bryant incident you mentioned.

Pieing - Wikipedia

" Non-consensual pieing is a punishable offence in criminal law, and depending on jurisdiction is a battery but may also constitute an assault. "

Assault is attempting to hit someone, battery is being successful in hitting someone. At least that is how I understand it.

Yes he was out of line to incite people to violence as is Maxine.

The person throwing the tomatoes was the one inciting the violence. Otherwise there would had been no violence.

I think they should be keel hauled.

yes

as is spitting on them.

I don't think any assault and battery laws make exceptions for food, but I could be wrong.

Often charges are not brought up for assault and battery if there is no complaint to the police.

The method used to warrant an assault and battery charge must be one that causes injury or is likely to have caused injury.
And of course it would depend on the TYPE of food.
Still unproven that more people are killed by coconuts each year than sharks, however, one certainly could cause a serious injury.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/coconuts-kill-more-sharks/

The person throwing the tomatoes was the one inciting the violence. Otherwise there would had been no violence.

No he was just throwing tomatoes and being rude. But of course Trump gets a free pass for iciting his crowd to beat people up and hw would pay their legal fees.

The comments from Waters promoting harassment and violence was made after several TRUMP cabinet members had been publicly harassed and their children threatened.
Big difference from TRUMP asking supporters at his rallies to intervene if they see a lefty protester in the crowed attempting assault by throwing a tomato.
big difference or double standard?

Since then — from Sept. 12, 2001, to Dec. 31, 2016 — there have been 85 attacks in the country by violent extremists resulting in 225 deaths. GAO reported citing data from the U.S. Extremist Crime Database.

Of those 225 deaths:

• 106 individuals were killed by far-right violent extremists in 62 separate incidents;

• 119 individuals were killed by radical Islamist violent extremists in 23 separate incidents;

• The number of people killed in a given year ranged from one to 49.

deb12.jpg

BILL-DAY-TRUMP-PARROTS-1024x1024.jpg

yes

as is spitting on them.

Looked up the Bryant incident you mentioned.

Pieing - Wikipedia

" Non-consensual pieing is a punishable offence in criminal law, and depending on jurisdiction is a battery but may also constitute an assault. "

Interesting thanks - I seriously doubt that either would be charged unless it caused an injury. Maybe a misdemeanor charge for harassment.

And one might also have to pick up the dry cleaning bill. :)

yes

as is spitting on them.

The method used to warrant an assault and battery charge must be one that causes injury or is likely to have caused injury.
Still unproven that more people are killed by coconuts each year than sharks, however, one certainly could cause a serious injury.

A slap in the face is assault and battery even if it does not require medical attention. A tomato thrown at someone can cause physical injury. It is even more likely to mess up persons cloths.

yes

as is spitting on them.

A slap in the face is assault and battery even if it does not require medical attention. A tomato thrown at someone can cause physical injury. It is even more likely to mess up persons cloths.

I have it - Slapping someone (and possibly chucking a tomato at them) could be considered "misdemeanor assault"
Chances not good you'd see any jail time - more than likely a fine.
Misdemeanor Assault Laws

Maxine did not incite people to violence. Lets stick to the facts.

No he was just throwing tomatoes and being rude. But of course Trump gets a free pass for iciting his crowd to beat people up and hw would pay their legal fees.

Hitting people with tomatoes isn't inciting violence (by being violent)?
Wow!

your opinion.

Is there video of anyone who got grabbed and pushed or punched by Trombies at a rally throwing tomatoes? Is there video of anyone even throwing tomatoes
at a Trump rally?

your opinion.

No. It is a fact. Sorry.

Forum List

Back