Kris Kobach to Trump: End Remittances To Mexico To Stop Illegal Immigration, Boost US Economy

The federal government has no constitutional right to tell people what they do with their money. Yet another example of conservatives shitting all over the constitution when they claim to be the ones protecting it.

Gee, where were you when they implemented Obamacare?

There is a valid reason for the mandate. It was developed by the conservative Heritage Foundation. It was used to get rid of freeloaders. People who buy insurance only when they get sick. When they are healthy then they drop it. That means the cost of their illness is paid for by other honest ratepayers.

The federal government has no constitutional right to tell people what they do with their money. Yet another example of conservatives shitting all over the constitution when they claim to be the ones protecting it.

Ah …. yeah we can tax remittances. But Mexico receives only a fraction of them, with the Saudis and Russians in the mix too. Possibly we SHOULD tax them all, but I'm not sure we legally can tax only some …. it is legally earned money. Arresting and deporting illegal aliens is all good, imo.

There is a valid reason for the mandate. It was developed by the conservative Heritage Foundation. It was used to get rid of freeloaders. People who buy insurance only when they get sick. When they are healthy then they drop it. That means the cost of their illness is paid for by other honest ratepayers.

So, to get rid of freeloaders that paid some of the time, implement a plan where freeloaders don't have to pay any of the time...yea that sounds like a great plan.

Ah …. yeah we can tax remittances. But Mexico receives only a fraction of them, with the Saudis and Russians in the mix too. Possibly we SHOULD tax them all, but I'm not sure we legally can tax only some …. it is legally earned money. Arresting and deporting illegal aliens is all good, imo.

Interesting question, is money earned by an illegal considered legally earned money?

Interesting question, is money earned by an illegal considered legally earned money?
Not all remittances are illegally earned, and most remittances don't go to Mehico.

So, to get rid of freeloaders that paid some of the time, implement a plan where freeloaders don't have to pay any of the time...yea that sounds like a great plan.

The plan is more popular than Trump is.

There are a lot of freeloaders.

I'm not sure that taxing ALL remittances - legal, illegal, mexico, Saudis Russians - is a bad idea. But Kobach is an idiot, and it's not debatable.

This guy has the right idea! Trump needs to take him up on his advise.

Kris Kobach: Stop Illegal Immigration by Ending Remittances to Mexico

Just tax the hell out of them. That way it’s annoying to the wet backs family’s in Mexico. Hit them at like 60%.
I don't see how it's legal. And it's certainly not practical because using Iphones is easier now the Western Union, and Iphones are untraceable. And there's absolultly no way to tell if a remittance came from someone legally here or illegally hear.

But assuming there was a way ….. I don't see how we could legally tax money legally earned by people here sent to just one country when most money goes to other countries.

PS, but again I'm not necessary against taxing ALL money earned here and sent overseas. That actually would be consistent with Trump's promise to favor US workers over guest workers.

Last edited:

Just tax the hell out of them. That way it’s annoying to the wet backs family’s in Mexico. Hit them at like 60%.
I don't see how it's legal. And it's certainly not practical because using Iphones is easier now the Western Union, and Iphones are untraceable. And there's absolultly no way to tell if a remittance came from someone legally here or illegally hear.

But assuming there was a way ….. I don't see how we could legally tax money legally earned by people here sent to just one country when most money goes to other countries.

PS, but again I'm not necessary against taxing ALL money earned here and sent overseas. That actually would be consistent with Trump's promise to favor US workers over guest workers.

The money is not legally earned. Taxing them would be easy. Make it illegal to send any remittance through anyone else but the IRS. Using any other methods for its 100%. If the worker used a stolen ID ( most wet backs do) then add. $10,000 fine per set back for the person who employs them. Easy.

The money is not legally earned. Taxing them would be easy. Make it illegal to send any remittance through anyone else but the IRS. Using any other methods for its 100%. If the worker used a stolen ID ( most wet backs do) then add. $10,000 fine per set back for the person who employs them. Easy.
Not all foreign workers are illegally here. How can the gummit determine some anonymous id belongs to an illegal worker. All you need is a cell phone number to send money. Even with Western Union, how can the gumit possibly tell actually who the money comes from. It's just more Trump bullshit that means nothing.

We possibly could find a way to identify every individual transfer of money from outside the US

Forum List

Back