Kyle Rittenhouse trial...already disproving SO MANY LIES from the left

I could be wrong, because every place is different, but it's my understanding that District Attorneys don't personally try cases. They're elected officials who administer and oversee the prosecutor's office for their district, and the lawyers in the office - known as Assistant District Attorneys - are the ones who actually do the trial work.
I could be wrong, because every place is different, but it's my understanding that District Attorneys don't personally try cases. They're elected officials who administer and oversee the prosecutor's office for their district, and the lawyers in the office - known as Assistant District Attorneys - are the ones who actually do the trial work.
In most places other than huge cities like LA and NYC, DAs usually prosecute high profile cases. It’s good publicity and gets them re-elected. They are elected officials and want their names associated with putting important bad guys away.

Wait, haven't leftists been telling us for years that one of the main reasons we shouldn't own guns for self-defense is that they're more likely to be taken away and used on us? Now they're telling us that merely having a gun makes us perfectly safe, with no need to feel threatened by anyone else.

Consistency is not a word leftists understand.
Good point.

If you read the story, you see that prosecutors know who he is, and have simply declined to do anything about him.
Charging anyone else would destroy what little case they had. After you can’t claim someone was not a danger to Rittenhouse if you are charging that person with ADW, illegally carrying a concealed weapon, illegally discharging a firearm within the city limits or assault.

There's evidence Rosenbaum didn't threaten Rittenhouse earlier. And what Rosenbaum threw at Rittenhouse was a plastic bag with socks, an empty water bottle, toothpaste and discharge papers. And up until Rittenhouse pointed his gun, Rosenbaum was chasing Rittenhouse with unknown intentions, seemingly provoked by Rittenhouse pointing his gun moments earlier at Ziminski. Then when Rittenhouse pointed his gun at Rosenbaum, Rosenbaum was within his right to defend his own life from someone threatening him with a "lethal weapon."

And the provocation occurred before Rosenbaum lunged. The lunge appears to be the result of Rittenhouse when he first pointed his gun at Rosenbaum about 3-4 seconds before the lunge.
What evidence? As far as I can tell there was no testimony to that, but there was sworn testimony by the PROSECUTION’S witness that Rosenbaum threatened Rittenhouse’s life earlier. Perhaps the Prosecution said something like that in his closing, I gave up trying to listen to that pack of lies and distortions after about ten minutes. But the lawyers can say anything in closing arguments, they aren’t limited to evidence presented to the court or the truth. In fact while serving on juries, I’ve seen both defense and prosecution outright lie in closing arguments trying to override actual evidence presented to us. Jurors often fall for that trick, in one case I was the foreman and had to have the judge call court back into session to add additional jury instructions making that clear because two jurors couldn’t or wouldn’t comprehend that the prosecutor was lying to us. Needless to say we returned a not guilty verdict which was what the evidence supported.

Why, if the video corroborates Rittenhouse's testimony that he pointed his gun at Rosenbaum?

Shouldn't the jury decide the case, not the judge?
If you are talking about the video I think you are, the prosecution reversed it, showing Rittenhouse to have his weapon slung muzzle to the right, not to the left. The defense pointed out that the video had been altered. That’s the video the prosecution spent twenty hours “ clarifying “ but was still out of focus, dark and so grainy nothing can be seen clearly. The prosecution is trying to claim that carrying a weapon muzzle down on a patrol type sling is pointing the weapon.

Forum List

Back