Labor Participation Rate Lowest Since 1978 - Yet there are 10 Fold More Working Mom's Now!!!

The impetus for NAFTA actually began with President Ronald Reagan, who campaigned on a North American common market.

the consensus for free trade started when the lack thereof caused the Great Depression with Smoot Hawley. Without free trade we'd have to make everything ourselves and so slowly starve to death which explains why Nafta passed and decades later the entire world is about to pass TPP..

The impetus for NAFTA actually began with President Ronald Reagan, who campaigned on a North American common market.

the consensus for free trade started when the lack thereof caused the Great Depression with Smoot Hawley. Without free trade we'd have to make everything ourselves and so slowly starve to death which explains why Nafta passed and decades later the entire world is about to pass TPP..

MORE right wing garbage thanks to CATO, AEI, etc. Shocking

The consensus is the conservatives "hands off" approach and easy credit after WW1 ALLOWED the great depression to happen under Harding/Coolidge, who CHOSE not to reign in the credit bubble. Like Ronnie's S&L and Dubya's subprime bubble, banksters, allowed by the GOPers caused them!!!!

So when someone retires, they leave the numerator but remain in the denominator

no dear they leave both. Sorry
Again, the participation rate is labor force as a percent of the population. The U.S. Has no upper limit on age to be in the population. Quit embarrassing yourself saying things you know you have no cites to support your claim.

Labor Force Participation Rate =Employed + Unemployed/
Working Age Non-institutionalized Population
There is no upper limit, it's 16 and older
Household survey. The sample is selected to reflect the entire civilian
noninstitutional population. Based on responses to a series of questions on
work and job search activities, each person 16 years and over in a sample
household is classified as employed, unemployed, or not in the labor force.

Note the lack of upper limit.

U6 unemployment is DOWN 5% since 2009

too stupid of course its down since the depths of the recession but its 40% higher than before recession and income is down too!! You want income up and U6 around 8%. Do you understand??

I am going to have to see a link on that one dear

Seems you are just making it up

too stupid don't you know how to look it up???? Try google!!!

Burden of proof is on those that make a wild claim dear

The consensus is the conservatives "hands off" approach and easy credit after WW1 ALLOWED the great depression to happen!!

$10,000 if the liberal liar can prove that. Bet??

Bubba, I can't in good conscious take your food stamps!

People with thinking minds that haven't bought into your psychosis get it!

Conservative ideology requires either ignorance, stupidity, denial or psychopathology….& maybe all of the above

I love how for four years Republicans screamed about U3 unemployment

We don't care if anything else is improving, we only care about UNEMPLOYMENT

Now that U3 is down to 5.5%... All we hear about is the bogus labor participation rate

Analysis: Participation Rate Data Largely Skewed by Teens -

The latest data indicate that only 62.5 percent of non-institutionalized working age adults are employed or actively seeking employment. The remaining 37.5 percent, so the story goes, is so frustrated with the lack of opportunities that this group has simply dropped out of the labor market.

However, a new analysis of labor data released Tuesday by global outplacement consultancy Challenger, Gray & Christmas, Inc. found that the largest decline in participation has occurred among 16- to 19-year-olds. While some teenagers are certainly frustrated, the fact is that the vast majority are not seeking a job because they do not want a job.

Analysis Participation Rate Data Largely Skewed by Teens Challenger Gray Christmas Inc.

So when someone retires, they leave the numerator but remain in the denominator

no dear they leave both. Sorry
Again, the participation rate is labor force as a percent of the population. The U.S. Has no upper limit on age to be in the population. Quit embarrassing yourself saying things you know you have no cites to support your claim.

Labor Force Participation Rate =Employed + Unemployed/
Working Age Non-institutionalized Population
There is no upper limit, it's 16 and older
Household survey. The sample is selected to reflect the entire civilian
noninstitutional population. Based on responses to a series of questions on
work and job search activities, each person 16 years and over in a sample
household is classified as employed, unemployed, or not in the labor force.

Note the lack of upper limit.

so with a higher % of 65+ working than ever before is LFP going up as we would expect???

Now that U3 is down to 5.5%... All we hear about is the bogus labor participation rate

no dear, you hear about unemployment (u6) at 11%, LFP lowest in 30 yers , income going down, jobs going offshore, 55 million on food stamps, interest rates at less than 1% to prop up a failing economy, record numbers of 65+ still working, and kids living at home till they are 30..

no dear, you hear about unemployment (u6) at 11%, income going down, jobs going offshore, 55 million on food stamps, interest rates at less than 1% to prop up a failing economy, and reecord numbers of 65+ still working..

BAD ECONOMY?

Profits Just Hit Another All-Time High, Wages Just Hit Another All-Time Low

1) Corporate profit margins just hit another all-time high. Companies are making more per dollar of sales than they ever have before. (And some people are still saying that companies are suffering from "too much regulation" and "too many taxes." Maybe little companies are, but big ones certainly aren't. What they're suffering from is a myopic obsession with short-term profits at the expense of long-term value creation).

screen%20shot%202013-04-11%20at%209.59.39%20am.png

2) Wages as a percent of the economy just hit another all-time low. Why are corporate profits so high? One reason is that companies are paying employees less than they ever have as a share of GDP. And that, in turn, is one reason the economy is so weak: Those "wages" are represent spending power for consumers. And consumer spending is "revenue" for other companies. So the profit obsession is actually starving the rest of the economy of revenue growth.

screen%20shot%202013-04-11%20at%209.58.53%20am.png

In short, our current obsessed-with-profits philosophy is creating a country of a few million overlords and 300+ million serfs.
Profits At High Wages At Low - Business Insider

LOOK AT THIS:

Comp%20vs%20profits.jpg

too stupid of course its down since the depths of the recession but its 40% higher than before recession and income is down too!! You want income up and U6 around 8%. Do you understand??

exactly what is the wild claim?????????????????

Seems to be anything you post dear

The consensus is the conservatives "hands off" approach and easy credit after WW1 ALLOWED the great depression to happen!!

$10,000 if the liberal liar can prove that. Bet??

Bubba, I can't in good conscious take your food stamps!

People with thinking minds that haven't bought into your psychosis get it!

Conservative ideology requires either ignorance, stupidity, denial or psychopathology….& maybe all of the above

translation: I was lying like a liberal when I said there was a consensus that conservatism had caused the Depression and thought I could change the subject to fool everyone when in reality I only fooled myself.

Seems to be anything you post dear

translation: I'm afraid to say what the wildest claim was becuase I know I was really lying.

Forum List

Back