LaPierre Challenges Obama To Debate On Guns

Shit. Did you read the whole article?
It is fairly specific on the 2 different branches of the NRA and how each get contributions.

Its like saying, "my wife earns $2 million a year, but since I don't work, I'm applying for unemployment..."

Why? The NRA should give Obama an award. This White House has been a boon for the firearms and munitions industry.

That being said, every election I am told X is coming to take my guns and every election I still have my guns. You'll have to excuse me, if I am not buying into the hysterics anymore.

They are not coming to take your guns because the people have guns. :laugh:

And yet I hear the same bullshit every election season. It is almost rote at this point.

The Democrats have a long history of political commentary and pronouncements indicating that they would indeed support a general disarming of citizens were they able. The fact that they run to "hunting and sport shooting" when the only issue of the 2A is self-defense shows a fair amount of dishonesty whenever Democrats discuss the subject.

And yet when they controlled The White House and Congress they did zilch when it came to gun legislation. The GOP and the Democrats are playing lip-service to whip the anti-gun and pro-guns folks into a frenzy so they'll go rushing off to the polls. Even if they attempt for sweeping ban of guns the courts would slap that shit down so fast it would make their heads spin, like District of Columbia v. Heller. When it comes to issue I am concerned about the 2nd Amendment is far down the list.

No, they were concentrating on the economic power grab known as Obamacare.

As to the Court slapping down gun bans, it rather depends on who is on the Court. The next president will choose at least four Supreme Court Justices and as you know, all the talk about the Court being politically neutral is complete crap.

Shit. Did you read the whole article?
It is fairly specific on the 2 different branches of the NRA and how each get contributions.

Its like saying, "my wife earns $2 million a year, but since I don't work, I'm applying for unemployment..."
no it isn't. And really, I wasn't even arguing with you. I was just posting a link that actually explains everything and isn't knee-jerk.
Besides, why WOULDNT a business contribute to a group that fights for their rights?
Gun manufacturers aren't the bad guys, anyways. Its crazy people and sociopathic thugs.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
Why? The NRA should give Obama an award. This White House has been a boon for the firearms and munitions industry.

That being said, every election I am told X is coming to take my guns and every election I still have my guns. You'll have to excuse me, if I am not buying into the hysterics anymore.

And yet I hear the same bullshit every election season. It is almost rote at this point.

The Democrats have a long history of political commentary and pronouncements indicating that they would indeed support a general disarming of citizens were they able. The fact that they run to "hunting and sport shooting" when the only issue of the 2A is self-defense shows a fair amount of dishonesty whenever Democrats discuss the subject.

And yet when they controlled The White House and Congress they did zilch when it came to gun legislation. The GOP and the Democrats are playing lip-service to whip the anti-gun and pro-guns folks into a frenzy so they'll go rushing off to the polls. Even if they attempt for sweeping ban of guns the courts would slap that shit down so fast it would make their heads spin, like District of Columbia v. Heller. When it comes to issue I am concerned about the 2nd Amendment is far down the list.

No, they were concentrating on the economy power grab known as Obamacare.

As to the Court slapping down gun bans, it rather depends on who is on the Court. The next president will choose at least four Supreme Courts Justices and as you know, all the talk about the Court being politically neutral is complete crap.

Again, I am not too concerned about the 2nd Amendment. The NRA is one of the most powerful lobbying organizations in the nation. Hell, most of the Democrats in my state are gun proud owners and if their elected officials support gun control the NRA and the constituents will send them packing. My biggest concerns are the bloated federal government and our massive debt.

No, they were concentrating on the economic power grab known as Obamacare.

As to the Court slapping down gun bans, it rather depends on who is on the Court. The next president will choose at least four Supreme Court Justices and as you know, all the talk about the Court being politically neutral is complete crap.
I rarely see people mention the justices. A lot of things could very well change.

I'm not concerned either, because regardless of any Court rulings, there would be near total non-compliance with any funny business.

Gun manufacturers aren't the bad guys, anyways. Its crazy people and sociopathic thugs.

......and THAT is like stating that the meth manufacturers are not the "bad guys".....the users are.

The SC is liable to do ANYTHING. Think of all the fucked up shit they have ruled. Eugenics and internment for example.
Instead of ruling ocare unconstitutional, they deemed it a tax and passed it. Lets be real here.

......and THAT is like stating that the meth manufacturers are not the "bad guys".....the users are.

Sorry, I am not buying this angle. We don't blame McDonald's for making people fat, we blame the people that cram in down their gullet every other meal.

The SC is liable to do ANYTHING. Think of all the fucked up shit they have ruled. Eugenics and internment for example.
Instead of ruling ocare unconstitutional, they deemed it a tax and passed it. Lets be real here.

The SCOTUS isn't infallible. My hope is that, if they if do fuck up royally that Congress would act and fix it via legislation.

Good lord, I hope my optimism isn't making me naive. lol

The SCOTUS isn't infallible. My hope is that, if they if do fuck up royally that Congress would act and fix it via legislation.

If im not mistaken, the SC has NEVER been questioned.
Not to mention, Congress is so partisan and corrupt..
I hope my lack of optimism doesn't make me a conspiracy theorist lol

The Supreme Court is made up of 9 politically appointed lawyers……to say they aren't infallible is a mighty understatement…..

The Supreme Court is made up of 9 politically appointed lawyers……to say they aren't infallible is a mighty understatement…..

Well make up your mind. Do you want to go by the constitution or not?

Sorry, I am not buying this angle. We don't blame McDonald's for making people fat, we blame the people that cram in down their gullet every other meal.

The difference is this: If I manufacture an item (an automatic, assault gun) whose ONLY purpose...ONLY PURPOSE is to kill as many individuals in the shortest time span, and when I bribe congress to absolve me of ANY liability, ........then something is really, really wrong.

Obama would lose...badly. He couldn't debate, because he would have no "facts" that couldn't easily be refuted. The left deals in emotion. The NRA would have facts on their side.

Obama would lose, and I completely believe even he knows it.

Mark

Forum List

Back