LaPierre Challenges Obama To Debate On Guns

And they say that the left doesn't want to take our guns? Lol.

Oh, no, you can walk around with a 9 mm stuck up your ass all day long for the thrill, I'm simply talking about those assault weapons that were once ONLY used in wars......We once DID have a ban on selling Tommy Guns because we feared that those dark skinned folks would get their hands on them.

The AR-15 was not used in war. It is not a select fire weapon…which is what actual military weapons are…..

There is no reason to ban AR-15s……they are not used in crime and mass shooters only use them because you guys keep glorifying them…since there hasn't been one shooting that couldn't be done with other rifels or shotguns and revolvers…..

Well make up your mind. Do you want to go by the constitution or not?

Did I say otherwise in that post? I pointed out that they are 9 lawyers, politically appointed….and their decisions are not the word of God…and we need to amend the constitution to dilute some of their power.

In what way? They are a part of the Checks and Balances. If we're going to curb the power every time one of the three branches fucks up than we may as well go back the Articles of Confederation.

9 politically appointed lawyers should not have the final say on what is Constitutional…..there should be an over ride through congress when the Supreme Court really screws up.

That is how the SCOTUS was set up the Founding Fathers and ratified by states. Congress can pass a law challenging the courts or they can amend the Constitution making their ruling moot. We're not going to turn Checks and Balances on it's head.

They never envisioned the Court having the power it does. And giving a congressional over ride to a stupid supreme court decision does not turn checks and balances on it's head….it is another check on the power of 9, unelected, politically appointed, life time job holding lawyers….where one vote can decide the fate of 320 million people….

Congress already has override features. They can pass a law challenging the ruling or they can Amend the Constitution. Why do people insisted on mentioning that the Justices are life-appointed and un-elected? They are supposed to be un-elected and appointed for life. That is exactly what The Federalist Papers argue for and what was ratified by the states.

Oh, no, you can walk around with a 9 mm stuck up your ass all day long for the thrill, I'm simply talking about those assault weapons that were once ONLY used in wars......We once DID have a ban on selling Tommy Guns because we feared that those dark skinned folks would get their hands on them.

There is no reason to ban any rifle.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/crime/2012/12/20/assault_rifle_stats_how_many_assault_rifles_are_there_in_america.html

Add everything together, make all the necessary caveats, carry the two, and we reach the conclusion that there are somewhere around 3,750,000 AR-15-type rifles in the United States today. If there are around 310 million firearms in the USA today, that means these auto-loading assault-style rifles make up around 1 percent of the total arsenal.

There are then, 3,750,000 AR-15s in private hands……and at most 2-3 are used in any given year for crime……

So on 2-3 illegal uses of a product, in a gun free zone you created that actually allows them to be used illegally.you want to take the rifles from law abiding gun owners who own 356,999,998 rifles that were not used to commit any crimes?

See.that is the crazy……and that is why we don't trust you nuts to make rational decisions where guns are concerned. [/FONT]

Did I say otherwise in that post? I pointed out that they are 9 lawyers, politically appointed….and their decisions are not the word of God…and we need to amend the constitution to dilute some of their power.

In what way? They are a part of the Checks and Balances. If we're going to curb the power every time one of the three branches fucks up than we may as well go back the Articles of Confederation.

9 politically appointed lawyers should not have the final say on what is Constitutional…..there should be an over ride through congress when the Supreme Court really screws up.

That is how the SCOTUS was set up the Founding Fathers and ratified by states. Congress can pass a law challenging the courts or they can amend the Constitution making their ruling moot. We're not going to turn Checks and Balances on it's head.

They never envisioned the Court having the power it does. And giving a congressional over ride to a stupid supreme court decision does not turn checks and balances on it's head….it is another check on the power of 9, unelected, politically appointed, life time job holding lawyers….where one vote can decide the fate of 320 million people….

Congress already has override features. They can pass a law challenging the ruling or they can Amend the Constitution. Why do people insisted on mentioning that the Justices are life-appointed and un-elected? They are supposed to be un-elected and appointed for life. That is exactly what The Federalist Papers argue for and what was ratified by the states.

I didn't say anything about that, I am pointing out that the decision of what is or is not Constitutional should not be left in the hands of one Supreme Court Justice……a politically appointed lawyer…..

I didn't say anything about that, I am pointing out that the decision of what is or is not Constitutional should not be left in the hands of one Supreme Court Justice……a politically appointed lawyer…..

You didn't mention un-elected and lifetime job holding in your post? Are you sure about that? lol

Either way, I do not support curbing the power of the SCOTUS b/c from time to time they get a decision wrong in my opinion.

Last edited:
they are not used in crime and mass shooters only use them because you guys keep glorifying them…

Ahhhh, the fault lies with the media reporting that 6 year old were torn into pieces. well, THAT makes sense.

So on 2-3 illegal uses of a product, in a gun free zone you created that actually allows them to be used illegally.you want to take the rifles from law abiding gun owners who own 356,999,998 rifles that were not used to commit any crimes?

No, no.....I am actually advocating that EVERY SINGLE CITIZEN should get and openly carry one of those weapons,.......now THAT should curb the over-population

You do realize that the only difference between a "hunting" rifle and an "assault" rifle are how they look?

No, no.....I am actually advocating that EVERY SINGLE CITIZEN should get and openly carry one of those weapons,.......now THAT should curb the over-population

Actually, we are trying that, right now. Our RELAXATION of carry laws has seen a downturn in murder and crime. Now, if you feel that allowing more guns will cause more crime, Im going to need a link showing that it is already happening.

Mark

The SCOTUS isn't infallible. My hope is that, if they if do fuck up royally that Congress would act and fix it via legislation.

Good lord, I hope my optimism isn't making me naive. lol

The Supreme Court is made up of 9 politically appointed lawyers……to say they aren't infallible is a mighty understatement…..

Well make up your mind. Do you want to go by the constitution or not?

There is.They can change the laws.

Forum List

Back