LaPierre Challenges Obama To Debate On Guns

So the NRA is a political party?

Of course it is !!!

They try to bribe anyone who would even hint at any semblance of curbing the sale of guns.....and if anyone stands up to them, they heavily fund an opponent to that dissenter.

The NRA (and their partners and secret funders...the gun manufacturers) would have to defend this simple question:

Why do you support the manufacture and sale of a weapon whose ONLY purpose is NOT to defend oneself and family and NOT to go after Bambi in some woods....but whose purpose is to kill as many individuals as possible. Note that some of the Sandy Hook babies were torn into 3 or 4 pieces by Lanza's rifle.

The NRA (and their partners and secret funders...the gun manufacturers) would have to defend this simple question:

Why do you support the manufacture and sale of a weapon whose ONLY purpose is NOT to defend oneself and family and NOT to go after Bambi in some woods....but whose purpose is to kill as many individuals as possible. Note that some of the Sandy Hook babies were torn into 3 or 4 pieces by Lanza's rifle.
You do realize that you are calling for a ban on ALL semi automatic weapons, don't you?

Mark

Or they could bring up that the United Auto Workers is the parent union of Colt Manufacturing

If true, they SHOULD.... I'm not here defending the UAW. Given the current rationale of the NRA even armored tanks should be readily available to anyone with the money and inclination to buy one.

You do realize that you are calling for a ban on ALL semi automatic weapons, don't you?

True.......Since the ONLY purpose for such a weapon is to kill and maim as many humans as possible in the SHORTEST period of time.

True.......Since the ONLY purpose for such a weapon is to kill and maim as many humans as possible in the SHORTEST period of time.
Gee, that's the only purpose for a tyrannical government too..
"it cant happen to me" said
Every.
Dumbfuck.
Ever.

The SC is liable to do ANYTHING. Think of all the fucked up shit they have ruled. Eugenics and internment for example.
Instead of ruling ocare unconstitutional, they deemed it a tax and passed it. Lets be real here.

The SCOTUS isn't infallible. My hope is that, if they if do fuck up royally that Congress would act and fix it via legislation.

Good lord, I hope my optimism isn't making me naive. lol

The Supreme Court is made up of 9 politically appointed lawyers……to say they aren't infallible is a mighty understatement…..

Well make up your mind. Do you want to go by the constitution or not?

Did I say otherwise in that post? I pointed out that they are 9 lawyers, politically appointed….and their decisions are not the word of God…and we need to amend the constitution to dilute some of their power.

Sorry, I am not buying this angle. We don't blame McDonald's for making people fat, we blame the people that cram in down their gullet every other meal.

The difference is this: If I manufacture an item (an automatic, assault gun) whose ONLY purpose...ONLY PURPOSE is to kill as many individuals in the shortest time span, and when I bribe congress to absolve me of ANY liability, ........then something is really, really wrong.

wrong….they are protected from anti gun extremists attacking them for selling a legal product that saves lives. If their product is unsafe they can be sued.

Every.
Dumbfuck.
Ever.

See, an idiot like you starts out with the sick premise that every aspect of the U.S. government is the enemy and I hope that your comfortable in your "survival shelter" waiting for the black helicopters to send you to some concentration camp (maybe Guantanamo?)

The SC is liable to do ANYTHING. Think of all the fucked up shit they have ruled. Eugenics and internment for example.
Instead of ruling ocare unconstitutional, they deemed it a tax and passed it. Lets be real here.

The SCOTUS isn't infallible. My hope is that, if they if do fuck up royally that Congress would act and fix it via legislation.

The Supreme Court is made up of 9 politically appointed lawyers……to say they aren't infallible is a mighty understatement…..

Did I say otherwise in that post? I pointed out that they are 9 lawyers, politically appointed….and their decisions are not the word of God…and we need to amend the constitution to dilute some of their power.

In what way? They are a part of the Checks and Balances. If we're going to curb the power every time one of the three branches fucks up than we may as well go back the Articles of Confederation.

Every.
Dumbfuck.
Ever.

See, an idiot like you starts out with the sick premise that every aspect of the U.S. government is the enemy and I hope that your comfortable in your "survival shelter" waiting for the black helicopters to send you to some concentration camp (maybe Guantanamo?)
strawman.
Try again?

In what way? They are a part of the Checks and Balances. If we're going to curb the power every time one of the three branches fucks up than we may as well go back the Articles of Confederation.

9 politically appointed lawyers should not have the final say on what is Constitutional…..there should be an over ride through congress when the Supreme Court really screws up.

9 politically appointed lawyers should not have the final say on what is Constitutional…..there should be an over ride through congress when the Supreme Court really screws up.

That is how the SCOTUS was set up the Founding Fathers and ratified by states. Congress can pass a law challenging the courts or they can amend the Constitution making their ruling moot. We're not going to turn Checks and Balances on it's head.

That is how the SCOTUS was set up the Founding Fathers and ratified by states. Congress can pass a law challenging the courts or they can amend the Constitution making their ruling moot. We're not going to turn Checks and Balances on it's head.

They never envisioned the Court having the power it does. And giving a congressional over ride to a stupid supreme court decision does not turn checks and balances on it's head….it is another check on the power of 9, unelected, politically appointed, life time job holding lawyers….where one vote can decide the fate of 320 million people….

And they say that the left doesn't want to take our guns? Lol.

Oh, no, you can walk around with a 9 mm stuck up your ass all day long for the thrill, I'm simply talking about those assault weapons that were once ONLY used in wars......We once DID have a ban on selling Tommy Guns because we feared that those dark skinned folks would get their hands on them.

Forum List

Back