LaVoy Finicum, armed with a handgun, reached for his waistband just before he was shot

Look, even /if/ we presume that there were two shots fired before he exited the truck if the dude had hit the deck as ordered and not reached for his pocket he'd still be alive - even if he had been shot in the gut. Modern medicine.

I personally have no doubt that if there were shots prior, it was an attempt to disable the vehicle because he'd led the officers on a high speed chase; which is legal - and especially if those officers were concerned that he was going to ram the barricade instead of the snow bank or if he was charging at officers or otherwise looking like he was attempting to flee.

I have just as little sympathy for this guys "He didn't have to die" plea as I do for the Mike Brown's out there.

Look, even /if/ we presume that there were two shots fired before he exited the truck if the dude had hit the deck as ordered and not reached for his pocket he'd still be alive - even if he had been shot in the gut. Modern medicine.

I personally have no doubt that if there were shots prior, it was an attempt to disable the vehicle because he'd led the officers on a high speed chase; which is legal - and especially if those officers were concerned that he was going to ram the barricade instead of the snow bank or if he was charging at officers or otherwise looking like he was attempting to flee.

I have just as little sympathy for this guys "He didn't have to die" plea as I do for the Mike Brown's out there.

It is rather bizarre. To many of the militia ilk, 12 year old kid sitting on a swing shot within 3 seconds of the police arriving for reaching for a toy gun?

Justified.

47 year old armed occupier shot after high speed chase, resisting arrest and trying to run a police blockade shot after 23 minutes trying to apprehend him while reaching for a real gun?

Conspiracy!

I believe there was at least one shot fired in the direction of the car and near Finicum just after he exited the vehicle. You can see Bundy's window get blown out in Cox's video just after Finicum gets out.

why even bother

you claim that they tried to disable the engine of the truck with light arm at best is asinine

why the fuck did they set up around a turn

why did they set up a circular firing squad

maybe it would have been better to set up road blocks

oh by the way

you must have missed this

Officials revealed for the first time at the news conference that Oregon State Police troopers apparently were not the only ones to shoot during the confrontation where most of the occupation's leaders were arrested and Finicum was killed.

An FBI agent is suspected of lying about firing twice and may have gotten help from four other FBI agents in concealing the shots afterward, the local investigators found. The bullets didn't hit Finicum and didn't contribute to his death, but now all five agents, part of an elite national unit, are under criminal investigation by the U.S. Justice Department.

LaVoy Finicum supporters unpersuaded by official account of shooting

1. They did setup a road block. He (LaVoy) charged it at 70mph and almost ran over one of the officers manning it.

2. I never said the State Troopers were the only ones that fired their weapons that day.

3. If the FBI guys that discharged their weapons violated rules of engagement, then action against them in appropriate.

>>>>

the state cops as well fired on the truck while it was a approaching who gave the shoot to kill orders that day

lots of questions remain

rules of engagement --LOL so its a war against the peoples now

there was many more shots then two before he exited the truck

they were shot at while traveling down the road

there is two holes in the front of the truck

It honestly doesn't matter to me, the police pulled him over and he said fuck off and led them on a high speed chase. Stopping him was at the forefront of their minds. It gets worse that he jumped out of the car, and worse again when he started reaching in his pockets.

No matter how much I might understand their patriotism and even agree with the issue they were trying to put attention on, it's /still/ a justified shoot.

It honestly doesn't matter to me, the police pulled him over and he said fuck off and led them on a high speed chase. Stopping him was at the forefront of their minds. It gets worse that he jumped out of the car, and worse again when he started reaching in his pockets.

No matter how much I might understand their patriotism and even agree with the issue they were trying to put attention on, it's /still/ a justified shoot.

i dont think he was patriotic at all

i think the feds handled the situation poorly

and certainly not by the book

now several agents are under criminal investigation for covering up facts

and conspiracy to cover up the facts

what else is going to surface

why even bother

you claim that they tried to disable the engine of the truck with light arm at best is asinine

oh by the way

Officials revealed for the first time at the news conference that Oregon State Police troopers apparently were not the only ones to shoot during the confrontation where most of the occupation's leaders were arrested and Finicum was killed.

An FBI agent is suspected of lying about firing twice and may have gotten help from four other FBI agents in concealing the shots afterward, the local investigators found. The bullets didn't hit Finicum and didn't contribute to his death, but now all five agents, part of an elite national unit, are under criminal investigation by the U.S. Justice Department.

1. They did setup a road block. He (LaVoy) charged it at 70mph and almost ran over one of the officers manning it.

2. I never said the State Troopers were the only ones that fired their weapons that day.

3. If the FBI guys that discharged their weapons violated rules of engagement, then action against them in appropriate.

>>>>

the state cops as well fired on the truck while it was a approaching who gave the shoot to kill orders that day

You mean as the truck was speeding directly toward the police blockade at up to 70 mph?

lots of questions remain

None regarding whether or not the shooting was justified.

It was.

i dont think he was patriotic at all

i think the feds handled the situation poorly

and certainly not by the book

now several agents are under criminal investigation for covering up facts

and conspiracy to cover up the facts

what else is going to surface

I'm sure you won't let the facts get in the way of your speculation.

Meh, I highly doubt its a conspiracy so I'm betting they're not going to find anything.

Doesn't mean that I don't think the rancher's water and grazing rights vs environmentalist's issue that drove this doesn't need to be looked into - I've seen similar happen up here in Alaska - but I'm just not buying into the "Feds are trying to cover something up" in the shooting here.

Don't forget trying to run the police blockade.

Meh, I highly doubt its a conspiracy so I'm betting they're not going to find anything.

Doesn't mean that I don't think the rancher's water and grazing rights vs environmentalist's issue that drove this doesn't need to be looked into - I've seen similar happen up here in Alaska - but I'm just not buying into the "Feds are trying to cover something up" in the shooting here.

Oh, I was down with Ammon's right to protest the issue. I was even down with the occupation as a form of protest......up until he brought in the guns. And his people started stealing trucks.

Eh rumor is he ditched before the blockade so I'm not sure about that intention - though I could see the supposed initial shots to /ensure/ he wasn't going to jump back in the truck and drive again.

I was fine with the guns personally, right up until he resisted arrest.

Eh rumor is he ditched before the blockade so I'm not sure about that intention - though I could see the supposed initial shots to /ensure/ he wasn't going to jump back in the truck and drive again.

I was fine with the guns personally, right up until he resisted arrest.

There's no rumor. There's a video. He rushed it going upto 70 mph....and at the last minute swerved to the left, trying to get around it. He got stuck in the snow.

Here's the video. The blockade running is at about 9:10 or so.

He missed the left most SUV of the police blockade by *inches*.

Please note that the FBI spent 7 full minutes trying to get Lavoy to surrender to a lawful warrant for his arrest before he bolted. They were obscenely patient with this dipshit.

(My browser is shitting kittens on videos since an update yesterday, it doesn't even show me the damn things or a link :/ I also can't reply using the RTE anymore can't figure it out - my router randomly changed it's IP last night too. Virus or some shit I'm guessing :( )

Anyway, the fact that he swerved means he didn't intend to smash into the blockade - and as I said, the proclaimed "early" shots were likely to disable the vehicle - which makes even more sense if he was trying to go around the blockade and got stuck in the snow.

4 agents assisted in covering up a lie ab
How would the feds now that an known armed individual reaching into his clothes where he was known to carry a firearm was carrying a gun in an inside pocket or in a shoulder holster.

that could very well be something that a jury will have to decide

Since it was a valid shoot. There won't be a jury for a criminal trial.

besides this is what the feds said

The investigation by the Deschutes County Sheriff's Office revealed that Finicum was killed by three bullets that entered through his back after he reached three times for a loaded handgun in his left jacket pocket, officials said during a news conference Tuesday in Bend.

So?

After the shooting they would have known that there was a handgun.

That has nothing to do with what the officers knew after he tried to run the barricade, almost ran down and officer, existed his vehicle and then reached into his jacket where he was known to carry a firearm.

>>>>

a complaint was forwarded by the local investigators to the DOJ

the DOJ is conducting a criminal investigation of five officers involved in the shooting
No they arent. They are doing an investigation as a matter of procedure but its not a criminal investigation.

it has moved on from procedure to being sent to the DOJ

for criminal investigation

(My browser is shitting kittens on videos since an update yesterday, it doesn't even show me the damn things or a link :/ I also can't reply using the RTE anymore can't figure it out - my router randomly changed it's IP last night too. Virus or some shit I'm guessing :( )

Anyway, the fact that he swerved means he didn't intend to smash into the blockade - and as I said, the proclaimed "early" shots were likely to disable the vehicle - which makes even more sense if he was trying to go around the blockade and got stuck in the snow.

The fact that he swerved his speeding vehicle about a second before hitting the blockade and missed the left most vehicle by inches is *more* than ample justification for the State Patrolmen to open fire on him as he rushed toward them.

The fact that he reached for his gun -twice-, after jumping from the vehicle is justification times justification.

4 agents assisted in covering up a lie ab
How would the feds now that an known armed individual reaching into his clothes where he was known to carry a firearm was carrying a gun in an inside pocket or in a shoulder holster.

that could very well be something that a jury will have to decide

besides this is what the feds said

The investigation by the Deschutes County Sheriff's Office revealed that Finicum was killed by three bullets that entered through his back after he reached three times for a loaded handgun in his left jacket pocket, officials said during a news conference Tuesday in Bend.

So?

After the shooting they would have known that there was a handgun.

That has nothing to do with what the officers knew after he tried to run the barricade, almost ran down and officer, existed his vehicle and then reached into his jacket where he was known to carry a firearm.

>>>>

a complaint was forwarded by the local investigators to the DOJ

the DOJ is conducting a criminal investigation of five officers involved in the shooting
No they arent. They are doing an investigation as a matter of procedure but its not a criminal investigation.

it has moved on from procedure to being sent to the DOJ

for criminal investigation

Not a single shot fired by the FBI hit Lavoy. Making them irrelevant to his death.

why even bother

oh by the way

>>>>

lots of questions remain

Were you born this stupid, or did you work at it? Rules of engagement? When you have said that you would not be taken alive, repeatedly claimed you were willing to die in a firefight with the authorities, and then disobey specific orders, what the hell do you think is going to happen. Finnicum committed suicide by cop.

It is rather bizarre. To many of the militia ilk, 12 year old kid sitting on a swing shot within 3 seconds of the police arriving for reaching for a toy gun?

Justified.

47 year old armed occupier shot after high speed chase, resisting arrest and trying to run a police blockade shot after 23 minutes trying to apprehend him while reaching for a real gun?

Conspiracy!

And as an amendment to my post, it wasn't 23 minutes. It was closer to 9 and half minutes.

But the point still stands

Forum List

Back