Law abiding Wisconsinites afraid for their safety

My god, you are ignorant.

No I'm not. You have yet to show anything having to do with Wisconsin or any of the alleged violence and intimidation that is supposedly going on there. All you've done is make a vague argument that would be the equivalent of saying because bin Laden committed violence people should be afraid that all Muslims are going to be violent.

It was just provided to you.

No, all you did was talk about Tampa and show vague videos that show brief clips of skirmishes, without any evidence of anyone or another starting any kind of conflict.

One day, you liberals need to pull your heads out of your boney asses.

Actually I'm not liberal at all. Why do you think that I've been arguing in another thread about the federal government infringing onto states rights? Why do you think I support gun ownership rights? Why do you think I support fierce immigration enforcement? But by all means say it again. Because if you think that I'm "liberal" simply because of your own failure to provide evidence that "union thugs" are in fact committing acts of violence and intimidation in Wisconsin, then either you're just throwing ad hominems because you have nothing, or you're radically extremist because anyone who doesn't agree with you must be a polarized partisan.

When was the last abortion clinic bombing?

You really wanna hang your hat on this stupidity? Really?

When was the last instance of violence by union "thugs" in Wisconsin? I don't think that people should be walking around afraid of anti-abortion zealots who might, theoretically, be looking to commit violence. I also don't see any reason to simply believe that union "thugs" are committing violence in Wisconsin, on nothing more than a suggestion that it might happen because it happened before, somewhere in the world.

A man who stopped his pickup truck at a site where signatures were being collected Thursday for the recall of Gov. Scott Walker ripped up one of the petitions instead of signing it, Madison police said.

The incident happened at about 10 a.m. in the 800 block of South Midvale Boulevard, said police spokesman Joel DeSpain.

The signature gatherers were holding signs and having vehicles pull into a parking lane when a driver in a red pickup stopped. When given a petition to sign, he ripped it up and drove away, DeSpain said.

The destroyed petition had three signatures on it, he said.

Signature takers were able to get the license plate number, but police had not located the man as of Thursday afternoon, DeSpain said.

Read more: Police: Man ripped up Walker recall petition and drove off

I guess it's the unions who should be afraid then. :eusa_whistle:

MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- A Republican-controlled legislative committee on Thursday approved the first Wisconsin state employee pay plan created under a new law that takes away nearly all collective bargaining rights for public workers, despite objections from those who will be covered by it.

The plan, put forward by Gov. Scott Walker's administration, includes no pay raises for roughly 41,000 state workers and 25,000 University of Wisconsin employees over the next two years. It makes a number of changes related to how overtime is assigned and the way raises are awarded, but leaves virtually unchanged provisions related to vacation, sick leave and other benefits

Marty Beil, director of the 23,000-member Wisconsin State Employees Union, called the plan unconscionable and said morale among state workers is at an all-time low

But Greg Gracz, director of the Office of State Employment Relations, said most provisions under previous collective bargaining agreements were being left unchanged. He said the biggest changes were related to how overtime is assigned and paid.

"These proposed changes will allow the agencies to operate in the most efficient and economic manner while providing the best service to the people of Wisconsin," he said

Ongoing anger over the law helped spawn a drive that began Tuesday to recall Walker from office.

The law required unions that wish to officially remain a collective bargaining unit to go through annual recertification votes.
The largest state employee unions, including the Wisconsin State Employees Union, chose not to go through that process.
Six smaller unions did vote to recertify under the new law and will be able to collectively bargain over salary increases no greater than the rate of inflation, which would be about 2 percent next year.

Previously, the pay plan only covered about 9,000 workers but now because of the loss of bargaining rights it will cover 41,000, Gracz said.

The plan gives agencies new discretion to determine who should work overtime, regardless of seniority. It also stops the practice of paying overtime to workers who call in sick for a shift and then work the immediate next one.

Excessive overtime costs have been an issue for years in Wisconsin, highlighted by an audit in May that found state agencies and the UW System spent $70 million on it in 2010. More than half of that came from the Department of Corrections

First Wis. pay plan under union law approved

Ok, so WHO took away anyone's collective bargaining rights?
Looks like the Unions did to themselves.

But I could be wrong.

MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- A Republican-controlled legislative committee on Thursday approved the first Wisconsin state employee pay plan created under a new law that takes away nearly all collective bargaining rights for public workers, despite objections from those who will be covered by it.

The plan, put forward by Gov. Scott Walker's administration, includes no pay raises for roughly 41,000 state workers and 25,000 University of Wisconsin employees over the next two years. It makes a number of changes related to how overtime is assigned and the way raises are awarded, but leaves virtually unchanged provisions related to vacation, sick leave and other benefits

Marty Beil, director of the 23,000-member Wisconsin State Employees Union, called the plan unconscionable and said morale among state workers is at an all-time low

But Greg Gracz, director of the Office of State Employment Relations, said most provisions under previous collective bargaining agreements were being left unchanged. He said the biggest changes were related to how overtime is assigned and paid.

"These proposed changes will allow the agencies to operate in the most efficient and economic manner while providing the best service to the people of Wisconsin," he said

Ongoing anger over the law helped spawn a drive that began Tuesday to recall Walker from office.

The law required unions that wish to officially remain a collective bargaining unit to go through annual recertification votes.
The largest state employee unions, including the Wisconsin State Employees Union, chose not to go through that process.
Six smaller unions did vote to recertify under the new law and will be able to collectively bargain over salary increases no greater than the rate of inflation, which would be about 2 percent next year.

Previously, the pay plan only covered about 9,000 workers but now because of the loss of bargaining rights it will cover 41,000, Gracz said.

The plan gives agencies new discretion to determine who should work overtime, regardless of seniority. It also stops the practice of paying overtime to workers who call in sick for a shift and then work the immediate next one.

Excessive overtime costs have been an issue for years in Wisconsin, highlighted by an audit in May that found state agencies and the UW System spent $70 million on it in 2010. More than half of that came from the Department of Corrections

First Wis. pay plan under union law approved

Ok, so WHO took away anyone's collective bargaining rights?
Looks like the Unions did to themselves.

But I could be wrong.
As a matter of course they did take it from themselves. They are/were demanding more than the system could bear...and threatened to bankrupt the State...

Them where would they be? Picketing and demanding blood from a turnip most likely from people that aren't on thier same plan...as they called the ones paying the bills..."SCABS"

LOL. Whine, lie, snivel. You guys tried to screw over most of the citizens of Wisconsin, now you are getting your just deserts. Funny as hell.

Walker is dead meat. Dumb ass tried to impose the Koch Bros. wet dream of an oiligarchy on Wisconsin, and the voters have decided to kick the bum out. Good for them.

Cry, whine, and snivel all you want, we enjoy watching it.:razz:

Walker was elected by the voters to fix Wisconsin's fiscal mess. In short order he's managed to balance the budget without raising taxes and without laying off teachers, firefighters or police. Now tell me why you think the citizens of Wisconsin are going to "kick the bum out"? The crying, whining and sniveling is being done by progressives in Wisconsin. They lost and they're not happy about it. Even worse for them? Walker is doing what he SAID he would do when he ran for office.

The majority of voters in WI and OH are not happy about taking away collective bargaining rights under false pretenses from teachers and first responders. Yeah, radical Walker will pay the price for taking away from them while giving the same amount in $$$ subsidies to Big Business.

Get used to it. The ride of the freeloading hard right is over.

Walker didn't take collective bargaining rights away from the first responders, and teachers still have collective bargaining rights for their wages.

Last edited:
Walker was elected by the voters to fix Wisconsin's fiscal mess. In short order he's managed to balance the budget without raising taxes and without laying off teachers, firefighters or police. Now tell me why you think the citizens of Wisconsin are going to "kick the bum out"? The crying, whining and sniveling is being done by progressives in Wisconsin. They lost and they're not happy about it. Even worse for them? Walker is doing what he SAID he would do when he ran for office.

The majority of voters in WI and OH are not happy about taking away collective bargaining rights under false pretenses from teachers and first responders. Yeah, radical Walker will pay the price for taking away from them while giving the same amount in $$$ subsidies to Big Business.

Get used to it. The ride of the freeloading hard right is over.

Walker didn't take collective bargaining rights away from the first responders, and teachers still have collective bargaining rights for their wages.
All he and the taxpayers ask is that they pay a stipend for thier pensions like everyone else, rather than leave 100% on the backs of the taxpayers that had no say so in the agreements between the Unions, and the Government.

As I type I'm listening to people calling in on a local conservative talk show. One caller noted the lack of Walker support signs. The host said people need to get off their butt and put the signs out. Then his phones and email inbox exploded with the reasons people aren't putting Walker signs in their yard or on their car.

Law abiding Wisconsinites are afraid to show support for Walker.

They're afraid for their safety. They're afraid their windows will be broken if they have a pro-Walker sticker. And they're especially afraid for the safety of their children.

An elderly caller said her tires were slashed and a hateful message left behind because she had a Walker bumper sticker.

THAT's what we're dealing with in Wisconsin. Some of these anti-Walker-ites are scary. Anti-Walker people feel free to talk as loud and as radically as they want, wherever they want. They make threatening phone calls to people who are doing business with Walker supporters. Anti-Walker teachers feel free to assign children to make drawings telling what is wrong with Walker. But parents are afraid to tell their children that they support Walker in case the child mentions it in school and is harmed in some way for it.

We've been living through months of this now. We don't want to let intimidation win. But some of these people have abandoned decency. You can't trust they know where the boundaries are anymore.

Where's the PROOF?

I remember back when the Tea-bagging teatards were in full swing last summer. There were recorded calls to Dems from them. Threatening, there were news reports of teabaggers throwing bricks through windows, the teabaggers showed up to rallies with guns strapped to their bodies, while carrying signs that read "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants", then later on, when they didn't have the guns, they carred signs saying things like "We're unarmed...THIS TIME!"

Account, after account, after account, they were all reported, and posted right here on USMB...and ignored by the likes of you and your RW ilk. Excused away, mostly ignored.

Now you want to moan and batch about some made up shat?!?!?

Scott Walker made his bed and now he get's to lay in it. The reason why you don't see any signs supporting that lunatic in Wisconsin is because NO ONE SUPPORTS that lunatic in Wisconsin. He went to far, overreached...what he's doing is NOT what people voted for. Even Republicans are unhappy with him. All the polls bear this out.

GTFOH!!!!! w/your BS.

KickButt.gif

And good riddance to bad rubbish!

As I type I'm listening to people calling in on a local conservative talk show. One caller noted the lack of Walker support signs. The host said people need to get off their butt and put the signs out. Then his phones and email inbox exploded with the reasons people aren't putting Walker signs in their yard or on their car.

They're afraid for their safety. They're afraid their windows will be broken if they have a pro-Walker sticker. And they're especially .

An elderly caller said her tires were slashed and a hateful message left behind because she had a Walker bumper sticker.

THAT's what we're dealing with in Wisconsin. Some of these anti-Walker-ites are scary. Anti-Walker people feel free to talk as loud and as radically as they want, wherever they want. They make threatening phone calls to people who are doing business with Walker supporters. Anti-Walker teachers feel free to assign children to make drawings telling what is wrong with Walker. But parents are afraid to tell their children that they support Walker in case the child mentions it in school and is harmed in some way for it.

We've been living through months of this now. We don't want to let intimidation win. But some of these people have abandoned decency. You can't trust they know where the boundaries are anymore.
threatening phone calls
tires slashed
hateful message(s) left behind
windows will be broken
afraid for their safety
intimidation
afraid for the safety of their children
abandoned decency

America's teachers are notorious for harming children and intimidating "law abiding" citizens

BUT

can "Amelia" actually provide any documented evidence that they are guilty of any of these offences?

You want to know what you sound like? You sound just like the KKK down here in the fifties and sixties. "Well, now, that boy was a trouble maker, yessir, so of course somebody firebombed his house. Guess he made somebody mad. Did we do it? Try proving it!" It's was obvious then, and it's just as obvious now, who's doing this-a thug is a thug, whether it wears a hood and a bedsheet, or a union t-shirt! Know what we did down here? When everybody got good and sick of the thuggery, people organized watch groups; watched each other's homes and businesses, photographed the thugs, got the license numbers of their cars and pick-ups, and turned them in, over and over, until law enforcement had to prosecute them. In some cases when that didn't work, the thugs found themselves confronting a citizen with a shotgun, instead of a victim-THAT re-arranged some attitudes, and quick!

Organized neighborhood watches work in combatting this criminal skullduggery, and I'll bet we see some in Wisconsin, before this is over. Thugs like this are really gutless cowards, and run like cockroaches when they think they might get caught! I'm willing to bet there are more decent law-abiding people , even in a liberal state like Wisconsin, than there are union thugs and their sympathizers, and if they will stand together and look after one another, this too, shall pass; just like the KKK's reign of terror, this is the last gasp of a desperate group of cowards which knows its days are numbered!

They're afraid for their safety. They're afraid their windows will be broken if they have a pro-Walker sticker. And they're especially afraid for the safety of their children.

Where's the PROOF?

I remember back when the Tea-bagging teatards were in full swing last summer. There were recorded calls to Dems from them. Threatening, there were news reports of teabaggers throwing bricks through windows, the teabaggers showed up to rallies with guns strapped to their bodies, while carrying signs that read "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants", then later on, when they didn't have the guns, they carred signs saying things like "We're unarmed...THIS TIME!"

Account, after account, after account, they were all reported, and posted right here on USMB...and ignored by the likes of you and your RW ilk. Excused away, mostly ignored.

Now you want to moan and batch about some made up shat?!?!?

Scott Walker made his bed and now he get's to lay in it. The reason why you don't see any signs supporting that lunatic in Wisconsin is because NO ONE SUPPORTS that lunatic in Wisconsin. He went to far, overreached...what he's doing is NOT what people voted for. Even Republicans are unhappy with him. All the polls bear this out.

GTFOH!!!!! w/your BS.

KickButt.gif

And good riddance to bad rubbish!

See my last post; nice company you keep, HYPOCRITE! You sure you want to endorse those tactics, after I just told you whose they resemble?You're too young to remember, but somehow, I don't think you would have been good with death threats and bricks through YOUR window from the hooded trash, because you said something they didn't like! What's the difference now? The thugs are YOUR thugs, so that makes them OK?

I just listened to a podcast of the original call. She did not say "slashed". She said the tires were flattened. So perhaps the tires were not actually destroyed.

She had a dashboard sign, not a bumper sticker. It said "God Bless Scott Walker". She went into a store. When she came out her tires were flat and there was a sign on her windshield. It said "haha, your tires flat. Go Scott Walker." (sic)

She was choking up as she told the story. The intimidation worked on her. No more stickers or signs for her.

So, tires are not slashed. Then, assuming this was someone doing it, I'd have to assume based on the story as it's been delivered that they were flattened via the valve. That would take quite a bit of time, and isn't likely to go unnoticed by someone. Also, did she specifically say how many tires were flat? Elderly people have the potentially to misspeak grammatically. She might have meant that one of her tires were flat, and she accidentally said her tires were flat. Which would really change the whole thing, as it would likely be more that some juvenile prick simply saw the flat tire and left an ignorant note on the window.

There's also another possibility. Elderly people are often prone to make up stories and problems. They get lonely and bored. It's not uncommon for old people to constantly call plumbers to fix problems that don't exist, simply because they want the company. Or to become somewhat of hypocondriacs simply for the attention. Or even to become mild pathological liars just so they have a story worth telling. I really don't know either way, but at the very least a great deal of skepticism is in order still.

She said her tires were flat. Tires plural. She didn't say how many tires. She didn't say how they were made flat.

I went back and listened to the whole segment. One guy said his father's car was keyed right under the Walker sticker. One person had their bumper stickers scratched out and their car keyed before so now that they have a newer car they're not going to risk putting bumper stickers on it. They'll do facebook messages and put a sign in their yard but not the car again. One person said he had Walker support signs on his windows which got a lot of discussion but so far nothing bad.

A woman said she worked at a utility where she would face repercussions if she let it be known she supported Walker. A union member said he would fear for his life if he openly supported Walker. Another union guy said that at first he was proud of his union until he saw his union president stand up with Michael Moore. Then he didn't want anyone to see that he was affiliated with the union and he took his union sticker off his truck and started talking about his conservative feelings around the workplace. That's how some of his friends became aware of his political leanings and he lost some of those friends over it.

A prevailing opinion among those who called in or emailed and admitted to fear was that they could handle it on their own but they didn't want to have their children face repercussions. In a culture where Dem teachers do things like take students to anti-Walker rallies, in violation of ethics and sometimes in violation of the law, Republican parents have a reasonable fear about the impact that letting their politics be known could have on their children.

The show's host said that his daughters have taken heat from teachers because of how he earns his living. He said his vehicle has been vandalized because people know who he is. Also, he's had death threats. Most roll off his back but one had to be taken seriously and made him have to reconsider a public appearance he was about to make. But apparently he chose to do the event.

He tried not to discount people's fears but he was on the side of standing up no matter what. It was pointed out to him that he gets paid to be political and controversial and others don't, which he conceded. But he was of course on the side of people being as active as possible in their support of Walker.

And so with that I think I'm about out of things to say about it.

I assume Wisconsin has a state Attorney General, and/or state law enforcement. If teachers are taking children to rallies, and/or are attempting to indoctrinate them politically in a public school, that is unlawful and should be reported and publicized, again and again, until the offenders are brought to trial or dismissed for cause. The solution to that problem is to file complaints, and keep filing them, until results are achieved. The way to beat these people is to band together, and use the laws to fight back, and fight back HARD! These bastards are doing what Leftist usually do when they are losing politically; it's a sign they are desperate and afraid. GOOD! Give them something else to fear; call them on every last instance of illegality!

Forum List

Back