Leftists - if you are trying to build a better world, why are you being so nasty about it?

Don't you realize that the biggest part of building a better world is that it be a place where people are nice to each other?
Pointing out that Trump is a complete moron isn’t about “nice” or “mean”. Shit just is what it is.

In Catholic Church the priests are constantly telling us to be nice to people, and I noticed at my Catholic high school and Catholic law school that people really were nicer. The students were nicer, there wasn't any of that organized bullying saw at a secular elementary school. And the administration was nicer too, at the law school I missed some final exams for health reasons and they worked with me. At some secular law schools they would have just kicked me out.

But the left doesn't emphasize being nice at all.
Hey, just an fyi, I was banned from your other thread:

If the left wants to build a better world where life is fair to everyone why...

Not sure why.
Wasn't my doing.

I'm not blaming you. It's the mod that was in that thread, or his buddy. They have a tag team thing going on.
It's the same question I'm asking here.

You want a better world, but a better world INCLUDES being nice.

But that's not the way the left behaves.

Don't you realize that the biggest part of building a better world is that it be a place where people are nice to each other?

Nice is nice, but some people need a harsh dose of reality to snap them out of the cool-aid induced stupor.

Nice is nice, but some people need a dose of reality to snap them out of the cool-aid induced stupor.
At the risk of being somewhat obvious, no one wants to hang out with people who are mean and cruel all the time.

In Catholic Church the priests are constantly telling us to be nice to people, and I noticed at my Catholic high school and Catholic law school that people really were nicer. The students were nicer, there wasn't any of that organized bullying saw at a secular elementary school. And the administration was nicer too, at the law school I missed some final exams for health reasons and they worked with me. At some secular law schools they would have just kicked me out.

Not sure why.
Wasn't my doing.

I'm not blaming you. It's the mod that was in that thread, or his buddy. They have a tag team thing going on.

You're telling me this after a couple of the conservative mods banned me from another thread?

Anyway, I'm sure there are a lot of nice, friendly Catholics. However there is that Catholic League guy that looks like Archie Bunker and well...Catholics have a little pedophile problem too. There is no Utopia.

Nice is nice, but some people need a dose of reality to snap them out of the cool-aid induced stupor.
At the risk of being somewhat obvious, no one wants to hang out with people who are mean and cruel all the time.

This is not a hangout spot, this is a barely-restricted political internet forum.

You want friends? Go hit up facebook.

Not sure why.
Wasn't my doing.

You're telling me this after a couple of the conservative mods banned me from another thread?

Anyway, I'm sure there are a lot of nice, friendly Catholics. However there is that Catholic League guy that looks like Archie Bunker and well...Catholics have a little pedophile problem too. There is no Utopia.
Catholic problem with pedophilia is no worse than any other church, it just has more money and therefore makes a better target for the plaintiff's injury attorneys.

Also, the media is anti-Catholic so that's another factor.

Not sure why.
Wasn't my doing.

Catholic problem with pedophilia is no worse than any other church, it just has more money and therefore makes a better target for the plaintiff's injury attorneys.

I beg to differ on that. There have been hundreds if not thousands of cases of molestation and high lievel cover ups. Blaming it on the media is no excuse.

This is not a hangout spot, this is a barely-restricted political internet forum.

Yes, but I'm basing this on the stuff leftist politicians and actors say in public too.

Didn't one actress say today that someone should stab Trump?

And another actress was photographed carrying Trump's bloody head in her hand.

That is just nasty behavior, and it really doesn't convince anyone you're in the right when you're acting that way.

I used to work for an HMO that was jointly owned, and funded, by the Sister of Charity, the Franciscans, and the Dominicans. Unfortunately, they were so much at odds with each other, that they refused to have board meetings together. The results were predictable. It shut down in 1998.

Yes, but I'm basing this on the stuff leftist politicians and actors say in public too.

Didn't one actress say today that someone should stab Trump?

And another actress was photographed carrying Trump's bloody head in her hand.

That is just nasty behavior, and it really doesn't convince anyone you're in the right when you're acting that way.

Griffin was punished by her liberal employers for her grotesque expressions.

CNN fires Kathy Griffin from New Year's Eve show over Trump stunt

Plenty of anecdootes of someone doing something that crosses the line, doesn't make it a general rule.

Wasn't my doing.

I beg to differ on that. There have been hundreds if not thousands of cases of molestation and high lievel cover ups. Blaming it on the media is no excuse.
No excuse given, I am very upset by what happened.

But the Catholic Church was never set up to be a law enforcement agency, or even cooperate with law enforcement.

The first impulse of a Catholic priest or bishop when he hears a priest has committed a sin is to forgive him and help cure him.

The Catholic Church was sending pedophile priests to rehabilitation where psychologists and spiritual guidance counselors would treat him and pray with him. Then they would declare the priest cured of pedophilia and he would be sent back into a parish.

Psychologists did not know then that sexual preferences cannot be "cured" -- a pedophile remains a pedophile regardless of treatment or prayer.

But the Catholic Church was never set up to be a law enforcement agency, or even cooperate with law enforcement.

The first impulse of a Catholic priest or bishop when he hears a priest has committed a sin is to forgive him and help cure him.

The Catholic Church was sending pedophile priests to rehabilitation where psychologists and spiritual guidance counselors would treat him and pray with him. Then they would declare the priest cured of pedophilia and he would be sent back into a parish.

Psychologists did not know then that sexual preferences cannot be "cured" -- a pedophile remains a pedophile regardless of treatment or prayer.

Help cure him? That didn't work out and many just covered it up. Is a priest above the law? Is it moral to not turn one in, move them to a new parish where they molest more children? That happened.

Help cure him? That didn't work out and many just covered it up. Is a priest above the law? Is it moral to not turn one in, move them to a new parish where they molest more children? That happened.
It was unknown then that pedophilia cannot be cured.

The psychologists said they could cure the pedophile priest with therapy, and then they would have spiritual guidance to fix the sin.

They were working with incorrect theories of how the human mind and soul works.

Ironically, this is the typical complaint against Christians and the Religious right.
Preaching negatively against people when the message is about peace and neighborly love.

Now the Liberal Left is doing this Blackrook
Preaching against others when the point is equal inclusion and not discriminating.

When the shoe is on the other foot....

Forum List

Back