Leftists, not Trump, to blame for division and violence.

Nov 1, 2014
Idaho
Democrats Leftists are entirely to blame for the violence that has been erupting. This kind of seething hatred doesn't foment overnight and Trump is a very recent arrival on the political radar and it is ridiculous to blame him for the Democrats churning hate and violence over the last decades. Consider:

1. They created a movie depicting the assassination of George Bush.

2. They vilify police officers who use deadly force against violent criminals.

3. They use the IRS and NSA to target conservatives for special persecution.

4. They sue states who dare to enforce federal immigration laws.

5. They threaten to prosecute anyone who dares oppose the global warming cult.

6. They set out to destroy Christians who don't want to accommodate deviant lifestyles.

7. Obama: "If I had a son, he would look like Trayvon"

8. They blame conservative talk radio for the Oklahoma City bombing.

9. They accuse returning combat vets of being potential terrorists.

10. They say any woman not voting for Clinton "has a special place in hell."

The message has been sent loud and clear for YEARS! Violence against conservatives is justified. This isn't Trump, this is Leftists filling America with hate and calls to violence. Let's get that straight.

Democrats and Republicans alike have been mewling, "Oh, look how angry people are, what a shame, whatever can we do about it?"

Answer: You can turn the clock back some 30 years (or more) and start governing the way the people want, both as directed by the Constitution and as expressed by the people themselves.

That first part (turning back the clock) is kinda difficult, though. What it boils down to is, there isn't a damned thing you can do about it after the massive screw-ups you committed for all those years, except to take your lumps, get out of the way, and let normal people fix all the things you broke.

Democrats Leftists are entirely to blame for the violence that has been erupting.

Could you point out the "Democrat" please? Thanks.
landscape-1457632277-giphy.gif

Good to see the rules for Messiah Romney have remained the same for Messiah Trump; Thou Shall Not Blame The Candidate* For His Campaign

(*) Until he tells the truth about something that doesn't appeal to the trash voters the current Messiah is appealing to

Democrats Leftists are entirely to blame for the violence that has been erupting. This kind of seething hatred doesn't foment overnight and Trump is a very recent arrival on the political radar and it is ridiculous to blame him for the Democrats churning hate and violence over the last decades. Consider:

6. They set out to destroy Christians who don't want to accommodate deviant lifestyles.

The message has been sent loud and clear for YEARS! Violence against conservatives is justified. This isn't Trump, this is Leftists filling America with hate and calls to violence. Let's get that straight.
I agree, the left has helped to intensify the growing divide in our modern society...especially far left radicals like BLM. However, if you were to ignore what Trump or Fox News or other conservatives have done over the years, it would be disingenuous.

Instead of pointing fingers and blaming whatever the opposing side is, a more reasonable understanding is that both sides are at fault equally as far as increasing divisive tensions. It is shameful that you, instead of seeking to create a bridge of understanding between the sides, are partaking in the finger pointing and doing what you can to increase tension and divide between the sides.

For shame.

I agree, the left has helped to intensify the growing divide in our modern society...especially far left radicals like BLM. However, if you were to ignore what Trump or Fox News or other conservatives have done over the years, it would be disingenuous.

Instead of pointing fingers and blaming whatever the opposing side is, a more reasonable understanding is that both sides are at fault equally as far as increasing divisive tensions. It is shameful that you, instead of seeking to create a bridge of understanding between the sides, are partaking in the finger pointing and doing what you can to increase tension and divide between the sides.

For shame.
It isn't two sided. What movie have we made depicting the assassination of a Democrat president? What rallies have we shut down through terrorism and threats of violence? What federal agencies have we used to target Left wing groups pursuing constitutionally protected activities?

Go try to sell your "both sides do it" bullshit elsewhere. I'm not buying it.

It isn't two sided. What movie have we made depicting the assassination of a Democrat president?

Here's a Wiki list of 13 movies about JFK. But I'm not saying that's all there are.
Next?

What rallies have we shut down through terrorism and threats of violence?

Last night in Chicago. That is, if you cound Donald Rump -- who shut the rally down --- as part of "we".
Next?

What federal agencies have we used to target Left wing groups pursuing constitutionally protected activities?

Nixon Enemies List

Not a big student of history I take it....

For shame.
It isn't two sided. What movie have we made depicting the assassination of a Democrat president? What rallies have we shut down through terrorism and threats of violence? What federal agencies have we used to target Left wing groups pursuing constitutionally protected activities?

1. What movie? There is no leftwing movie that did that. There IS a British movie that depicted that, however, its a foreign movie...not tied to the American political machine. If you were actually following politics in 2006 (which you must not have been) you would have realized that Bush was viewed horribly by the globe. It is the primary reason Obama won a Nobel Peace Prize for NOTHING other than taking office from Bush.

2. I agree that many officers have been vilified when using justifiable force in the line of their duty. However, you cannot deny that there have been officers that abused that force. While far left radicals have perhaps carried this too far, I think that many more moderate left-ists realize that the Police and decent people that make tough decisions in their line of duty.

3. I'm glad you can post your opinion. Now, I do believe I've seen things backing up the IRS claim, however, it still remains that you just made an empty statement with no proof. Please provide verifiable sources, not your own personal outlook.

4. Okay? You do realize that one of the ways to get laws changed is through the court system right? Are you saying you want to deny them their legal rights because you don't agree with their opinions? Some of the major changes in our system have been due to court cases and litigation. If the court doesn't support their case then they have to fork up the legal fees...there is literally nothing wrong here.

5. I've never actually seen this. My counter is two fold. First...where have you seen this prosecution? Two, why is global warming a cult? Our current scientific understanding is that man made climate change is a reality. If it is a cult, please provide scientific evidence supported internationally by thousands of scientists supporting your claims.

IPCC Fifth Assessment Report

6. Again, proof? I'm glad you have "interesting" world views, however your statements are empty without actually providing sources and reasoning behind them.

7. Okay...is this really an attack on the right?...now you are just posting random quotes.

8. I haven't actually heard about this...although I won't doubt that radical factions support this (remember there are radicals on the left and the right). Please provide evidence supporting your claims that the general left wing consensus is this and NOT just random crap spewed by some extremist faction.

9. I am a returning vet...I'm pretty unaware of this...again, evidence. Just as a brief history I got out of active duty in 2010 and then hooked back on for one more deployment getting back out recently, in 2014. I think that, originally, I was actually given a pretty warm welcome. Now, I would say that some of that has been diminished due to prevalent PTSD media...however, I don't really think that is a left or a right issue, since both sides seem to have shown concern on the matter (maybe to an undue extent).

10. I think I've actually seen a clip of this. Nothing to say here. Clinton is about as corrupt and self-interested as they come, you won't find any argument on that point.

Now, on your counters, how, exactly, do you explain continuing far right fears about immigration, outsourcing, and our border with Mexico? How do you explain the right looking to fight against gay marriage? How do you explain how the Bush administration handled things like Katrina? How do you justify the right fighting against increasing the minimum wage or increasing welfare benefits or educational availability? These are all issues that look to build divides between certain segments of the population.

Last edited:
1. What movie? There is no leftwing movie that did that. There IS a British movie that depicted that, however, its a foreign movie...not tied to the American political machine. If you were actually following politics in 2006 (which you must not have been) you would have realized that Bush was viewed horribly by the globe. It is the primary reason Obama won a Nobel Peace Prize for NOTHING other than taking office from Bush.

Indeed, all true (and what Natalie Maines was referring to when she told a London audience "just so you know we're with y'all - we're ashamed the President of the United States is from Texas", London having been one of the most attended protests of the record-setting largest worldwide protest in human history just prior to that concert).

But that British indie film wasn't making any kind of "let's kill Bush" point. It was simply following a character around who is led to commit that act.

And as noted, it's not only a foreign film but a tiny independent one ---- as opposed to, say, this 20th Century Fox major production where O'bama gets assassinated.

But in either case I'm not sure what the OP's point is. In both cases such films are fiction. In fiction anything can happen. If the OP can't put on his big boy pants and figure out what fiction is, despite his facility in writing it, then he has no business posting on a message board. If he does know what fiction is, then he's a hypocrite.

Based on his thread title I'm going with Number Two.

For shame.

2. I agree that many officers have been vilified when using justifiable force in the line of their duty. However, you cannot deny that there have been officers that abused that force. While far left radicals have perhaps carried this too far, I think that many more moderate left-ists realize that the Police and decent people that make tough decisions in their line of duty.

3. I'm glad you can post your opinion. Now, I do believe I've seen things backing up the IRS claim, however, it still remains that you just made an empty statement with no proof. Please provide verifiable sources, not your own personal outlook.

4. Okay? You do realize that one of the ways to get laws changed is through the court system right? Are you saying you want to deny them their legal rights because you don't agree with their opinions? Some of the major changes in our system have been due to court cases and litigation. If the court doesn't support their case then they have to fork up the legal fees...there is literally nothing wrong here.

5. I've never actually seen this. My counter is two fold. First...where have you seen this prosecution? Two, why is global warming a cult? Our current scientific understanding is that man made climate change is a reality. If it is a cult, please provide scientific evidence supported internationally by thousands of scientists supporting your claims.

IPCC Fifth Assessment Report

6. Again, proof? I'm glad you have "interesting" world views, however your statements are empty without actually providing sources and reasoning behind them.

7. Okay...is this really an attack on the right?...now you are just posting random quotes.

8. I haven't actually heard about this...although I won't doubt that radical factions support this (remember there are radicals on the left and the right). Please provide evidence supporting your claims that the general left wing consensus is this and NOT just random crap spewed by some extremist faction.

9. I am a returning vet...I'm pretty unaware of this...again, evidence. Just as a brief history I got out of active duty in 2010 and then hooked back on for one more deployment getting back out recently, in 2014. I think that, originally, I was actually given a pretty warm welcome. Now, I would say that some of that has been diminished due to prevalent PTSD media...however, I don't really think that is a left or a right issue, since both sides seem to have shown concern on the matter (maybe to an undue extent).

10. I think I've actually seen a clip of this. Nothing to say here. Clinton is about as corrupt and self-interested as they come, you won't find any argument on that point.

Now, on your counters, how, exactly, do you explain continuing far right fears about immigration, outsourcing, and our border with Mexico? How do you explain the right looking to fight against gay marriage? How do you explain how the Bush administration handled things like Katrina? How do you justify the right fighting against increasing the minimum wage or increasing welfare benefits or educational availability? These are all issues that look to build divides between certain segments of the population.

Belated welcome back, and thank you for your service. :salute:

I wouldn't waste time on this particular poster; he's swimming in logical fallacies, first and foremost Compositions and Blanket Generalizations. Today he's apparently taken up the cause of Rumpian Doublethink, where we imagine the recipients of violent invective somehow become the perpetrators, which sounds eerily like the phrase "she was asking for it". All in the name of Ignorance is Strength.

So let me get this clear.... The OP is blaming Trump rally woes on Obama?

Mind boggling!
Actually I went all the way back to 1995. You people have been stoking this fire for decades.

"you people"? Maybe you should stick to something you seem to know something about like dodging responsibility for your own actions.

For shame.

Where to start? ... Oh ya there was that effectively shutting down the function of the house and senate thingy because the American population elected a black man into the White House.

For shame.

Where to start? ... Oh ya there was that effectively shutting down the function of the house and senate thingy because the American population elected a black man into the White House.
Are you talking about what Harry Reid did by blocking all legislation and budget bills? You want to see a racist, look in the mirror.

As seen through the eyes of today's conservatives:

WW1 - "Those damn libruls helped the Kaiser and they are the reason we are in this war. But at least France was invaded, damn socialists."

WW2 - "Those damn libruls are responsible for the Japanese attacking Pearl Harbor. They want to deny our companies the ability to sell oil to the Japanese. It's not the Japanese' fault, it's the libruls. And Hitler just wants to build highways and be able to drive through Czechoslovakia and London without a passport. Damn libruls are to blame for making him invade France, Belgium, Greece, Russia, and north Africa."

Today - "Isis is only killing people because of those damn libruls. Otherwise they'd be happy go lucky hockey players...damn libruls."

What is it in the last 20-25 years that has turned these people into this? Conservative talk radio started about 25 years ago. Faux News started 20 years ago. Before that these people actually still believed we were all Americans and the Constitution was worth something.

For shame.
"Instead of pointing fingers and blaming whatever the opposing side is, a more reasonable understanding is that both sides are at fault equally as far as increasing divisive tensions."

The problem with that approach is that then you'd be wrong.

Forum List

Back