Legal pot in Colorado claims it's first victim

And I see as usual, the very first post after the OP, points fingers at alcohol :lol:

There's an increase in pot related auto fatalities (but but but but alcohol...........)

Legalizing pot will increase the availability to children ( but but but but alcohol..........)

Pot will increase an individuals risk to a heart attack (but but but but alcohol............)

Well, not to belabor the point, but it's always easier to excuse bad behavior by pointing to other bad behavior.

My point has always been the same. in this screwed up world that we live in, do we need yet ANOTHER way to be inebriated?

And I see as usual, the very first post after the OP, points fingers at alcohol :lol:

There's an increase in pot related auto fatalities (but but but but alcohol...........)

Legalizing pot will increase the availability to children ( but but but but alcohol..........)

Pot will increase an individuals risk to a heart attack (but but but but alcohol............)

Well, not to belabor the point, but it's always easier to excuse bad behavior by pointing to other bad behavior.

My point has always been the same. in this screwed up world that we live in, do we need yet ANOTHER way to be inebriated?

What a great way to put it .:thup:

"Excuse bad behavior by pointing to other bad behavior"

Perfect !

The test they conduct is for the residual cannabidiol stored in the bodies fat cells.

Parents need to be responsible for their own children.

Long term studies on Jamacians (who smoke an awful lot of spleaf) do not indicate an increase risk for cardiovascular disease. But then again many other factors such as diet and exercise should be considered. Americans generally need to eat less and get more exercise. Stay away from the Indica. A nice heady Sativa and a good work out will do you good. Then later, have some of that Kush.

We already have it. Stop putting your fellow citizens behind bars for using it is all.

I'm curious. I was a Traffic Manager for a trucking company for 20 tears AFTER I retired from the Army. You say you "delivered" to people. Where you a driver and, if so, how did you avoid drug testing all those years if you smoked "pretty steadily"? Just curious....

Letter Carrier in the PO.....

Doesn't really answer the question. How did you avoid detection? I worked in a Union Environment and saw several drivers lose their $65,000 a year jobs because they came up hot on random drug testing. I'm sure that the Post Office had testing as well. I'm just curious as to how you avoided being busted.

they never had testing.....in the 90's it started testing the guys who drove the semi's but that was it.....and i was surprised they never did during the Reagan years....and to answer your question....if they would have started i would have quit the Pot....when i started in 79.....many a carrier would get their routes done and do some drinking on the clock....then after spending 2 hours drinking and shooting pool they would go in and punch out....i used to wonder why no one cared....found out lots of the Managers drank too,some right along with them....plus there were lots of Vets and they were hard to fire....

We already have it. Stop putting your fellow citizens behind bars for using it is all.

I don't put anyone behind bars. You don't like the law, tell the rest of your Nazi brethren to CHANGE the law. So far, you haven't come close.

You have a bitch? Take it up with your boy......I notice that even that clown isn't interested in changing the law - he just hasn't got the guts to enforce it.

too bad, so sad

Letter Carrier in the PO.....

Doesn't really answer the question. How did you avoid detection? I worked in a Union Environment and saw several drivers lose their $65,000 a year jobs because they came up hot on random drug testing. I'm sure that the Post Office had testing as well. I'm just curious as to how you avoided being busted.

they never had testing.....in the 90's it started testing the guys who drove the semi's but that was it.....and i was surprised they never did during the Reagan years....and to answer your question....if they would have started i would have quit the Pot....when i started in 79.....many a carrier would get their routes done and do some drinking on the clock....then after spending 2 hours drinking and shooting pool they would go in and punch out....i used to wonder why no one cared....found out lots of the Managers drank too,some right along with them....plus there were lots of Vets and they were hard to fire....

Jesus Christ. No wonder I could never get anything but my neighbors mail....:cuckoo:

Jesus Christ. No wonder I could never get anything but my neighbors mail....:cuckoo:

they drank after they delivered.....if you get bad delivery you have a bad carrier or you dont have a regular carrier.....most carriers who have a route know the route and they know more about the people who live there then the people themselves and dont make very many mistakes....i used to get anywhere from $500 to a $1000 in tips at Christmas time...and i was told it was because when i was off the mail delivery was all fucked up...same with a lot of other carriers.....most good looking female carrier's will rake it in....

they drank after they delivered.....if you get bad delivery you have a bad carrier or you dont have a regular carrier.....most carriers who have a route know the route and they know more about the people who live there then the people themselves and dont make very many mistakes....i used to get anywhere from $500 to a $1000 in tips at Christmas time...and i was told it was because when i was off the mail delivery was all fucked up...same with a lot of other carriers.....most good looking female carrier's will rake it in....

My Wife and I, when I retired from the Army, bought a new home. Brand spanking new. No one had ever lived in it. We'd go to the mailbox to get the mail each day and the funniest thing kept happening. There would be mail in our box from different zip codes and completely different names (as well as addresses).

I finally went to the post office and asked to speak to the Postmaster. He comes out and I tell him the story and hand him the "other folks' " mail. He gets red in the face, takes me aside and tells me that "We HAVE to hire these damned guys" I ask him what he means and he goes on " They are supposed to take tests to make sure that they speak English but we both know it's bullshit" So the next day, I am standing by the box (community box) and the truck pulls up, The guy couldn't speak a WORD of English - didn't have a damned clue.

So, Next day, I go to the Main Post Office and have the same conversation with the "head" guy. The NEXT day, we got a new carrier. Never had another problem.

My Wife and I, when I retired from the Army, bought a new home. Brand spanking new. No one had ever lived in it. We'd go to the mailbox to get the mail each day and the funniest thing kept happening. There would be mail in our box from different zip codes and completely different names (as well as addresses).

I finally went to the post office and asked to speak to the Postmaster. He comes out and I tell him the story and hand him the "other folks' " mail. He gets red in the face, takes me aside and tells me that "We HAVE to hire these damned guys" I ask him what he means and he goes on " They are supposed to take tests to make sure that they speak English but we both know it's bullshit" So the next day, I am standing by the box (community box) and the truck pulls up, The guy couldn't speak a WORD of English - didn't have a damned clue.

So, Next day, I go to the Main Post Office and have the same conversation with the "head" guy. The NEXT day, we got a new carrier. Never had another problem.

what year was that Randall?....TODAY you have to be able to read and speak English.....the Filipino guys i worked with from the Islands said that they had to prove they can read and speak English....in 33 years working there every "Foreigner" spoke English,maybe with an Accent,but they spoke it.....and before you ask....they were legal....

This makes every argument against marijuana irrelevant:

Hemp%20for%20Victory%20-%201942%20-%20Special%20tax%20stamp%20-%20producer%20of%20marihuana.jpg

https://www.google.com/search?q=hemp+for+victory&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&channel=sb

1937 - "We need to outlaw marihuana because it causes rape, murder and insanity."

1942 - "We need to legalize marihuana to protect freedom and democracy."

We hear the same arguments today, so which is it?

End the drug war.

what year was that Randall?....TODAY you have to be able to read and speak English.....the Filipino guys i worked with from the Islands said that they had to prove they can read and speak English....in 33 years working there every "Foreigner" spoke English,maybe with an Accent,but they spoke it.....and before you ask....they were legal....

It was in 1987, the year I retired from the Army. Yeah, this guy couldn't put three words of English together. I speak English, German and Russian and I don't have a clue what this guy was mumbling. :D

Yeah, I'm sure you're right, After all - if pot were still illegal, they would have probably still had the pot laying around anyway.... :cuckoo:

Agree. See I'm pro-gun rights and won't fault "all guns" or all responsible people when a single anomaly psycho killer snaps.

Same goes for pot. When something like this happens you blame the individual, not the substance or law.

Jimmy Carter of course.

https://screen.yahoo.com/ask-president-carter-000000735.html At the 2:40 mark.

I'd start out with some old Pink Floyd, followed by some Alan Parsons Project.

Seriously, it would have to be something you eat. Fire destroys LSD.

Hmm...would filling a bong with LSD-spiked water work?

Work for what? You'd have to drink it to feel the effects of the acid.

Inhaling the vapor wouldn't do it?

i smoked Pot for at least 30 years pretty steadily and i know a handful of others who did too.....everyone is fine....i go to the Doctor every 6 months for type 2 Diabetes and he has given me a full physical including a Lung X-Ray....he said Lungs look good for a guy my age....and the other people are doing just fine themselves....
I'm a similar example:

I used marijuana on a fairly regular basis throughout the sixties and seventies when it was decriminalized in New York City. I stopped using it in 1982 when Reagan escalated the War on Drugs and made it a serious risk.

I'm 77 now and except for arthritic stenosis I'm in good health for my age. I should add that I also smoked cigarettes for over thirty years and quit in 1985. My heart is strong and my lungs are clear.

Sir, I have some bad news.

You are really, really OLD! :eek::eek:

*ducks and runs*

Whatever has formed your opinion of what is and is not "bad behavior" must be based either on your own experience or on your observations. And if you regard marijuana use as "bad behavior" you must be reflecting on your own experience or that of others you know or are acquainted with.

If you are one of the few rare individuals who behave badly after using marijuana you should refrain from using it, but you should not presume others are similarly affected. Because the vast majority of those who use marijuana behave quite calmly, affably, and above all, peacefully.

Inebriation is an antiquated synonym for drunkenness. The primary effect of marijuana use is thoughtful tranquility, which bears absolutely no resemblance to drunkenness, which is typically boisterous, often obnoxious, sometimes pugnacious, and occasionally violent.

If these are the behavioral characteristics you associate with marijuana use I suggest you surround yourself with a different circle of acquaintances -- or at least avoid allowing Reefer Madness propaganda to shape your impressions.

By the way, if you ever want to get an idea of how ma y potheads are members here, go to the first page and look at all the "thanks" for the pro-pot posts.

I am in favor of complete legalization of pot.

I have never used it in any way, shape, or form and have no desire to do so.

You fail in all respects.

i knew quite a few guys who hung with us "potheads" who did not partake.....

It was in 1987, the year I retired from the Army. Yeah, this guy couldn't put three words of English together. I speak English, German and Russian and I don't have a clue what this guy was mumbling. :D

thats interesting.....i must say we had a few a few Asian guys who had pretty thick accents....

Forum List

Back