Lesbian couple caught in rape case.

I simply don't think it's right that this girl is facing 15 years in prison and spending the rest of her life as a convicted felon.

The law is wrong.

And I hope this case leads to it being changed :)

Your morals are sewage.
What if the 14 year old was your kid? Yeah, come back with some left over '60's "if it feels good, do it" bullshit.

I simply don't think it's right that this girl is facing 15 years in prison and spending the rest of her life as a convicted felon.

The law is wrong.

And I hope this case leads to it being changed :)

Your morals are sewage.
What if the 14 year old was your kid? Yeah, come back with some left over '60's "if it feels good, do it" bullshit.

What if the 18 year old was my kid.

I don't think she, or anyone in similar circumstances deserves 15 years in prison and a felony conviction for this. It's the type of black and white law that ruins lives.

Sorry, AmyNation, the kids and their parents don't make the laws. There is no "my kid" exception.

One, the children are not in charge.

Two, parents are responsible for properly training their children.

The voters make the law and last I checked the change.org petition had over 300,000 signatures, the DA had to shut down his email and phone because he received so many calls about this case and a republican Florida rep has stated he wants the law changed.

I'm not talking about a "my kid" exception, I'm talking about changing an unjust law. There was a time when we used to chop the hands off of thieves. Yes it was the law, but it wasn't a fair or just punishment.

The legislature makes the law, AmyNation, not the citizens. It is far to punish 18 year olds for preying on 14 year olds. AmyNation, they are sexual predators. Even if the law is changed in the next session, that won't change the future of the older girl.

The voters make the law and last I checked the change.org petition had over 300,000 signatures, the DA had to shut down his email and phone because he received so many calls about this case and a republican Florida rep has stated he wants the law changed.

I'm not talking about a "my kid" exception, I'm talking about changing an unjust law. There was a time when we used to chop the hands off of thieves. Yes it was the law, but it wasn't a fair or just punishment.

It's not complicated: jake is a nut.

The legislature makes the law, AmyNation, not the citizens. It is far to punish 18 year olds for preying on 14 year olds. AmyNation, they are sexual predators. Even if the law is changed in the next session, that won't change the future of the older girl.

Are you STONED or are you STUPID? Did a senior turn you down when you were a sophmore, then?

Adults and children, jarlaxle, adults and children.

And "feelings" are not excuses and the children are not in charge.

Jarlaxle, you are crazy if you think this girl is going to walk.

Oh please!:rolleyes:

They are not sexual predators. There are countless posters, myself included, who know someone who dated, maybe even later married, a younger student in high school.

My question is what changes would you make? Keep in mind it has to apply to both sexes.

My question is what changes would you make? Keep in mind it has to apply to both sexes.

I would make it a misdemeanor if they are no more than 4 years apart, which is the law in my home state.

(You know, it's refreshing to see that people aren't freaking out that it's a same sex couple for once.)

On something like this, I'm torn. Partially, from personal experience: I dated a senior when I was a freshman. We never got looks and she never got badmouthed; it was understood that kids will date other kids.

On the other hand... the older one was 18.

BUT... then again, she was still in high school. And to me that makes it more okay than if that same girl was already graduated. If the 18 year old was a college freshman dating a 14-year old girl who was a high school freshman, I'd take bigger issue with that.

Oh please!:rolleyes:

They are not sexual predators. There are countless posters, myself included, who know someone who dated, maybe even later married, a younger student in high school.

Does not make sexual predation right, ever.

Children and mothers are not in charge. The legislature is, and you will lose this petition.

Children and mothers are not in charge. The legislature is, and you will lose this petition.

I think that at least children of this age range should have some sort of say so. It'll probably be dumb as hell (I mean, come on, teenagers), but I'd like to hear what they think.

Forum List

Back