Lets discuss the movie....Its a Wonderful Life....and Trump!!

Our country's romantization of home ownership has led to two major financial crises in the United States. That is why we're in the fix we're in today, because the government wanted poor people with bad credit to own their own homes, and they forced the banks to lend them the money.

Oddly enough, the early part of the movie was during the Depression.
Perhaps, but what struggles did the move show? NONE...the family had a maid.

George cancelled his honeymoon and used his own money to stop the Savings and Loan from failing.

Ya know, I forgot about that part....but wasn't that due solely to Potter calling in a loan that he had given the S&L??? Had nothing to do with poverty, rather than the greed of Trump, I mean Mr. Potter

but wasn't that due solely to Potter calling in a loan

There was a run on the bank. A sadly common occurrence during the Great Depression.

Had nothing to do with poverty, rather than the greed of Trump, I mean Mr. Potter

I see your ignorance is both deep and wide.
No, Potter didn't call in a loan, the bank called in a loan. The bank ran out of money because of the bank run, so they pulled in the loan.

Mr. Potter did the opposite, he loaned the bank money and took it over. He offered to loan the S&L money so he could take it over, but George Bailey turned him down. In a later scene, it is revealed that Potter loaned money to other businesses in town and took them over. He saved the whole town from economic ruin, but for this, he is portrayed as the bad guy.

There has been a run on the bank, and everyone's financial future is in jeopardy. Meanwhile, Mr. Potter has seized control of the bank, and calls George at the Building and Loan and tells him that he doesn't think the Building & Loan has enough money to stay in business, and informs him that if all of his clients go to Mr. Potter, he'll refund their accounts 50 cents on the dollar. Without the Building and Loan, they would all be at the mercy of Mr. Potter, who cares little for them. George pleads with the people not to sell their shares to Mr. Potter at half their value: "Don't you see what's happening? Potter isn't selling; Potter's buying!"

You and I are going around in circles on this one. I say Potter is the one that started this mess with the S&L, you say the banks did it. I don't understand why your not agreeing with me....the facts are here. Uncle Billy handed all the money over to Potter, them is facts and for the record, why are you championing the fuckin banks?

tigerred59, you started this thread but you are completely confused about what actually happened in this movie.

How the hell am I wrong or confused on anything about this thread......There has been a run on the bank, and everyone's financial future is in jeopardy. Meanwhile, Mr. Potter has seized control of the bank, and calls George at the Building and Loan and tells him that he doesn't think the Building & Loan has enough money to stay in business, and informs him that if all of his clients go to Mr. Potter, he'll refund their accounts 50 cents on the dollar. Without the Building and Loan, they would all be at the mercy of Mr. Potter, who cares little for them. George pleads with the people not to sell their shares to Mr. Potter at half their value: "Don't you see what's happening? Potter isn't selling; Potter's buying!"

You are the one who's wrong and my point regardless of did what first is the outcome of this nation if Trump is elected...

Our country's romantization of home ownership has led to two major financial crises in the United States. That is why we're in the fix we're in today, because the government wanted poor people with bad credit to own their own homes, and they forced the banks to lend them the money.

Ah, the problem with you and people like you, is that your too eager to point fingers at the poor and minorities.....the first time home ownership program was a success story from start to finish. It really was....what took this program off the success track and into the abyss, was greedy unscrupulous mortgage bankers, wanting to tap into the equity of these homeowners, disregarding credit rankings and financial status. I worked in this industry back then and believe me, it was a racket. Combine that with an over inflated housing market and NAFTA going full force, thus the start of our huge unemployment mess of 2008. Had we mechanism in place, such as regulations, this would have been prevented...something Bill Clinton and Bush jr. failed to enact.

Perhaps, but what struggles did the move show? NONE...the family had a maid.

George cancelled his honeymoon and used his own money to stop the Savings and Loan from failing.

Ya know, I forgot about that part....but wasn't that due solely to Potter calling in a loan that he had given the S&L??? Had nothing to do with poverty, rather than the greed of Trump, I mean Mr. Potter

but wasn't that due solely to Potter calling in a loan

There was a run on the bank. A sadly common occurrence during the Great Depression.

Had nothing to do with poverty, rather than the greed of Trump, I mean Mr. Potter

I see your ignorance is both deep and wide.
No, Potter didn't call in a loan, the bank called in a loan. The bank ran out of money because of the bank run, so they pulled in the loan.

Mr. Potter did the opposite, he loaned the bank money and took it over. He offered to loan the S&L money so he could take it over, but George Bailey turned him down. In a later scene, it is revealed that Potter loaned money to other businesses in town and took them over. He saved the whole town from economic ruin, but for this, he is portrayed as the bad guy.

There has been a run on the bank, and everyone's financial future is in jeopardy. Meanwhile, Mr. Potter has seized control of the bank, and calls George at the Building and Loan and tells him that he doesn't think the Building & Loan has enough money to stay in business, and informs him that if all of his clients go to Mr. Potter, he'll refund their accounts 50 cents on the dollar. Without the Building and Loan, they would all be at the mercy of Mr. Potter, who cares little for them. George pleads with the people not to sell their shares to Mr. Potter at half their value: "Don't you see what's happening? Potter isn't selling; Potter's buying!"

You and I are going around in circles on this one. I say Potter is the one that started this mess with the S&L, you say the banks did it. I don't understand why your not agreeing with me....the facts are here. Uncle Billy handed all the money over to Potter, them is facts and for the record, why are you championing the fuckin banks?

There has been a run on the bank.....Which leads to a run on the Building and Loan.

Before Potter did anything.

Uncle Billy handed all the money over to Potter

In 1945, almost the end of the movie.
The bank run was during the Great Depression, specifically in 1932.

In reality, a mortgage lender during the Depression would be the most unpopular man in town. You can't just NOT foreclose on people who can't pay their mortgages. That's fraud against the depositors, and if you didn't foreclose, the regulators would shut you down.

Oddly enough, this wasn't during the depression era...as a matter of logistics it was really during an economic boom, WWll.

The scene where George got married was during the stock market crash.

In reality, a mortgage lender during the Depression would be the most unpopular man in town. You can't just NOT foreclose on people who can't pay their mortgages. That's fraud against the depositors, and if you didn't foreclose, the regulators would shut you down.

Oddly enough, this wasn't during the depression era...as a matter of logistics it was really during an economic boom, WWll.

3 years later, but much earlier than Uncle Billy losing the cash, after the end of WWII.

3 years later, but much earlier than Uncle Billy losing the cash, after the end of WWII.
Doesn't matter if it was an economic boom at the time or not
Uncle Billy gave away their deposits and they were in the middle of a bank audit

Uncle Billy gave away their deposits and they were in the middle of a bank audit

Yup. After WWII, not during the Great Depression (when the bank run happened).

Damn nigga, wasn't you JUST talking about how you were tired of Trump? LOL you stupid as fuck.

Thanks. I like when you post proof that I'm correct.

Damn nigga, wasn't you JUST talking about how you were tired of Trump? LOL you stupid as fuck.
Bitch, if you mf's don't like the way I roll, than damit stop posting to me....Yes, I'm tired of the media spasming over Trump 24 hours a day and I'm sick and tired of bitches like you whining about shit....next fuckin question, mf'?

Uncle Billy gave away their deposits and they werohe m

How did I prove you correct?

How?

Bitch, if you mf's don't like the way I roll, than damit stop posting to me....Yes, I'm tired of the media spasming over Trump 24 hours a day and I'm sick and tired of bitches like you whining about shit....next fuckin question, mf'?
If you are tired, then why does your dumbass always make threads about him? Are you fuckin retarded?

Did you imagine they left their 4 kids in the car during the bank run.
The bank run that happened on the way to their honeymoon? Durr.

If you are tired, then why does your dumbass always make threads about him? Are you fuckin retarded?

Are you fuckin Trump? I know your his bitch, but please get off my nuts....I simply posted a thread after watching a fuckin movie......other than that, I don't talk about the guy unless I'm address a topic.....which is 99% of the threads here.

Are you fuckin Trump? I know your his bitch, but please get off my nuts....I simply posted a thread after watching a fuckin movie......other than that, I don't talk about the guy unless I'm address a topic.....which is 99% of the threads here.
What does my liking or disliking trump have to do with your stupidity?

Did you imagine they left their 4 kids in the car during the bank run.
The bank run that happened on the way to their honeymoon? Durr.

What? Dude you like most people here are insane.....like what the heck are you talkin about. You do know that Mary had a birracial child and the director cut it out.

Forum List

Back