Let's Face The Facts--------Homosexuality Is A Behavior, Not A Civil Right

I have no issue with religion until they start dictating how everyone else has to live their lives...

As LGBT tends to obey the vast majority of the "rules" set out by the bible, common sense rules I think both sides of the fence agree with, whey then do the religious choose to dwell upon the part that LGBT doesn't follow?

-----

"The dogmatically religious impulse stems from the psychological need for group identity and belonging, together with a need for certainty and meaning."

"This urge is closely connected to the impulse to be part of a group, to feel that you belong, and share the same beliefs and principles as others. And these impulses work together with the need for certainty – the feeling that you ‘know’, that you possess the truth, that you are right and others are wrong."

"Dogmatically religious people think that they’re right and everyone else is wrong. For them, religion isn’t about self-development or experiencing the transcendent, but about adhering to a set of rigid beliefs and following the rules laid down by religious authorities. It’s about defending their beliefs against anyone who questions them, asserting their ‘truth’ over other people’s, and spreading those beliefs to others. For them, the fact that other people have different beliefs is an affront, since it implies the possibility that their own beliefs may not be true. They need to convince other people that they’re wrong to prove to themselves that they’re right."

"Don’t blame religion for our problems – blame the human need for belonging and certainty." ~ Steve Taylor.

From an interesting piece on the psychology of religion: https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/out-the-darkness/201206/the-psychology-religion-force-good-or-evil
Tell us one thing a Christian has forced you to do.

I'm sure some business owners out there would like to refuse service to some people because of their religious beliefs - Christianity for example. But, according to current civil rights laws it would be illegal to do so. How is that any different than laws that make it illegal to refuse service to gays?
Gays were never refused service. They demanded their sodomite marriage be serviced by Christians who were deliberately targeted to test new laws.

Uh-huh... and how is that any different that Christians being protected by PA laws?
What are PA laws?
Public accommodation laws.

Not entirely sure where you figure that I claim Christians (or any religion) forced anyone to do anything... They are however arguing to /prevent/ people from doing something in their personal lives, based entirely on Christian's personal beliefs and opinions. LGBT's personal beliefs and opinions are not the same as Christian's. Why should this country listen /only/ to Christian's opinions and beliefs?

Have we not already compromised and incorporated enough of your core beliefs into the foundation of this country, even despite our clear mandate for freedom of religion? Why do you feel that it is the Government's authority, or right, to dictate your personal beliefs, and /only/ your beliefs, about how someone else wishes to live their life, about who someone else may love and marry?
Marriage laws are state issues. Christians don't pass laws. Legislators pass laws.

And you can't legislate morality. Nor does any one group have the right to.

No one is forcing anyone to be gay but straights are trying to force gays to be straight.

Needless to say, the bible or other religions rule books have no place in our courts. You wanna be religious? Worship gods and other idols? Go for it. But you don't get to tell others they must do the same.

If that's what you want, move to Russia.

We won't miss you.
Such a false premise and narrative. YOU are the ones trying to force YOUR definition of marriage on everyone.

That's bullshit. No one is forcing anything on you. Don't believe in gay marriage, don't do it. Problem solved.

You don't get to force YOUR definition of marriage on everyone. YOU do not get a vote on it, so suck it up.

It's not my definition. It's civilization's definition and always has been. Go suck a donkey dick, sodomite.

You're a little behind, aren't you?...seeing how it's legal in almost every state, soon to be legal in all states. We're a Republic, not mob rule.

You don't have a say in this matter, so you might as well get your nose out of other peoples crotches, ya crotch sniffer.

I'm sure some business owners out there would like to refuse service to some people because of their religious beliefs - Christianity for example. But, according to current civil rights laws it would be illegal to do so. How is that any different than laws that make it illegal to refuse service to gays?
Gays were never refused service. They demanded their sodomite marriage be serviced by Christians who were deliberately targeted to test new laws.

Uh-huh... and how is that any different that Christians being protected by PA laws?
What are PA laws?

wow.. nevermind.
Exactly. You provided your escape from a losing position. Laws were passed and Christian businesses were deliberately targeted to test the new discrimination laws. Now go fuck yourself.

Marriage laws are state issues. Christians don't pass laws. Legislators pass laws.

No one is forcing anyone to be gay but straights are trying to force gays to be straight.

Needless to say, the bible or other religions rule books have no place in our courts. You wanna be religious? Worship gods and other idols? Go for it. But you don't get to tell others they must do the same.

We won't miss you.
Such a false premise and narrative. YOU are the ones trying to force YOUR definition of marriage on everyone.

That's bullshit. No one is forcing anything on you. Don't believe in gay marriage, don't do it. Problem solved.

You don't get to force YOUR definition of marriage on everyone. YOU do not get a vote on it, so suck it up.

It's not my definition. It's civilization's definition and always has been. Go suck a donkey dick, sodomite.

You're a little behind, aren't you?...seeing how it's legal in almost every state, soon to be legal in all states. We're a Republic, not mob rule.

You don't have a say in this matter, so you might as well get your nose out of other peoples crotches, ya crotch sniffer.
Go target some Muslim businesses and demand they serve your sodomite wedding, you cowardly hateful Christophobic bigotted sodomite.

We won't miss you.

Go target some Muslim businesses and demand they serve your sodomite wedding, you hateful Christophobic bigot.

Using your religion to call others bigots doesn't make you not a bigot.

Go target some Muslim businesses and demand they serve your sodomite wedding, you hateful Christophobic bigot.

We're all bigots. Jesus said marriage is a male and female so Jesus was a bigot. Sodomites are Christophobic bigots. Harvard grad?

We won't miss you.

Go target some Muslim businesses and demand they serve your sodomite wedding, you cowardly hateful Christophobic bigotted sodomite.

Here's a present for you! It's a sing-a-long...:D

What are PA laws?

wow.. nevermind.
Exactly. You provided your escape from a losing position. Laws were passed and Christian businesses were deliberately targeted to test the new discrimination laws. Now go fuck yourself.

:thup:

We're all bigots. Jesus said marriage is a male and female so Jesus was a bigot. Sodomites are Christophobic bigots. Harvard grad?

Speak for yourself, idiot.

If marriage is a civil right held universally by all, how is this right to be enjoyed by someone who can't find a willing spouse? They are just denied their civil rights.

Am I denied my right to bear arms simply because I haven't decided on a purchase?

Oh, poor little sodomite. Why so angry?

I have no issue with religion until they start dictating how everyone else has to live their lives...

As LGBT tends to obey the vast majority of the "rules" set out by the bible, common sense rules I think both sides of the fence agree with, whey then do the religious choose to dwell upon the part that LGBT doesn't follow?

-----

"The dogmatically religious impulse stems from the psychological need for group identity and belonging, together with a need for certainty and meaning."

"This urge is closely connected to the impulse to be part of a group, to feel that you belong, and share the same beliefs and principles as others. And these impulses work together with the need for certainty – the feeling that you ‘know’, that you possess the truth, that you are right and others are wrong."

"Dogmatically religious people think that they’re right and everyone else is wrong. For them, religion isn’t about self-development or experiencing the transcendent, but about adhering to a set of rigid beliefs and following the rules laid down by religious authorities. It’s about defending their beliefs against anyone who questions them, asserting their ‘truth’ over other people’s, and spreading those beliefs to others. For them, the fact that other people have different beliefs is an affront, since it implies the possibility that their own beliefs may not be true. They need to convince other people that they’re wrong to prove to themselves that they’re right."

"Don’t blame religion for our problems – blame the human need for belonging and certainty." ~ Steve Taylor.

From an interesting piece on the psychology of religion: https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/out-the-darkness/201206/the-psychology-religion-force-good-or-evil

List one thing a homosexual has forced you to do.

Why,
I don't use the word "gay" when referring to homosexuals. I use "sodomite". Drives the pitiful creatures crazy.

Well yeah, cuz it shows just how ignorant you are.
Oh, poor baby, did you go and get offended. Oh my.

You misunderstood.

I'm not offended at all. I'm just aware of how little the phobes, like you, know about the subject.
Oh, for sure, you hateful Christophobic bigot.

What did Christ have to say on the subject?

Whatsoever you do, my friend.

The deviancy of sodomy is a deliberate choice, it's demonstrably not genetic.

The truthful billboards going up have struck a nerve, especially with the militant 'Salon' writer and the gay commenters all in a tizzy.

restrain_the_judges_billboard.jpg

Being gay is not a behavior Just how offensive can these anti-LGBT billboards get - Salon.com

GayMarriageBouquet.jpg
I'm straight. When I tell you that do you immediately imagine me having sex? So why do you do that when you think of gays? Who cares what they do in bed.

The issue is more about them loving each other not what positions they love.

-----

I have painfully torturous, hours long boners while imagining the disgusting, vile, and immoral act of the sodomite christophobes.

In the greatest most tolerant Country in the world sodomites can do what ever they want to each other in private short of murder. The problem is that sodomites want to force the other 90% of Americans to accept their decadent lifestyle. The 25 to 35% of Americans who characterize themselves as devout Christians or even moderately devout Christians have an equal right to be free from government forceful intimidation regarding acceptance of the sodomite lifestyle.
No, the problem is ignorant, hateful bigots such as you who have no idea what they're talking about.

Citizens seeking their comprehensive civil rights doesn't 'force' anything on anyone. Indeed, had you and other hateful bigots simply allowed same-sex couples to access marriage law in accordance with the 14th Amendment, no lawsuits would have been necessary and there would be no reason to get the courts involved.

But you had to codify your ignorance and hate in secular law repugnant to the Constitution, and those unjust, hateful laws are being invalidated by the courts, and appropriate so – consequently you and other hateful bigots have only yourselves to blame.

Why,
I don't use the word "gay" when referring to homosexuals. I use "sodomite". Drives the pitiful creatures crazy.

Well yeah, cuz it shows just how ignorant you are.
Oh, poor baby, did you go and get offended. Oh my.

You misunderstood.

I'm not offended at all. I'm just aware of how little the phobes, like you, know about the subject.
Oh, for sure, you hateful Christophobic bigot.

What did Christ have to say on the subject?

Whatsoever you do, my friend.

-----

-----

Sodomites want to be accepted as normal as homosexuals.

In the greatest most tolerant Country in the world sodomites can do what ever they want to each other in private short of murder. The problem is that sodomites want to force the other 90% of Americans to accept their decadent lifestyle. The 25 to 35% of Americans who characterize themselves as devout Christians or even moderately devout Christians have an equal right to be free from government forceful intimidation regarding acceptance of the sodomite lifestyle.
No, the problem is ignorant, hateful bigots such as you who have no idea what they're talking about.

Citizens seeking their comprehensive civil rights doesn't 'force' anything on anyone. Indeed, had you and other hateful bigots simply allowed same-sex couples to access marriage law in accordance with the 14th Amendment, no lawsuits would have been necessary and there would be no reason to get the courts involved.

But you had to codify your ignorance and hate in secular law repugnant to the Constitution, and those unjust, hateful laws are being invalidated by the courts, and appropriate so – consequently you and other hateful bigots have only yourselves to blame.
You don't have a clue about the Constitution.

Forum List

Back