Let's Face The Facts--------Homosexuality Is A Behavior, Not A Civil Right

I have no issue with religion until they start dictating how everyone else has to live their lives...

As LGBT tends to obey the vast majority of the "rules" set out by the bible, common sense rules I think both sides of the fence agree with, whey then do the religious choose to dwell upon the part that LGBT doesn't follow?

-----

"The dogmatically religious impulse stems from the psychological need for group identity and belonging, together with a need for certainty and meaning."

"This urge is closely connected to the impulse to be part of a group, to feel that you belong, and share the same beliefs and principles as others. And these impulses work together with the need for certainty – the feeling that you ‘know’, that you possess the truth, that you are right and others are wrong."

"Dogmatically religious people think that they’re right and everyone else is wrong. For them, religion isn’t about self-development or experiencing the transcendent, but about adhering to a set of rigid beliefs and following the rules laid down by religious authorities. It’s about defending their beliefs against anyone who questions them, asserting their ‘truth’ over other people’s, and spreading those beliefs to others. For them, the fact that other people have different beliefs is an affront, since it implies the possibility that their own beliefs may not be true. They need to convince other people that they’re wrong to prove to themselves that they’re right."

"Don’t blame religion for our problems – blame the human need for belonging and certainty." ~ Steve Taylor.

From an interesting piece on the psychology of religion: https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/out-the-darkness/201206/the-psychology-religion-force-good-or-evil
LGBT does not follow the rules set by the Bible.
So what? Fuck the bible and Koran.

Not entirely sure where you figure that I claim Christians (or any religion) forced anyone to do anything... They are however arguing to /prevent/ people from doing something in their personal lives, based entirely on Christian's personal beliefs and opinions. LGBT's personal beliefs and opinions are not the same as Christian's. Why should this country listen /only/ to Christian's opinions and beliefs?

Have we not already compromised and incorporated enough of your core beliefs into the foundation of this country, even despite our clear mandate for freedom of religion? Why do you feel that it is the Government's authority, or right, to dictate your personal beliefs, and /only/ your beliefs, about how someone else wishes to live their life, about who someone else may love and marry?
Marriage laws are state issues. Christians don't pass laws. Legislators pass laws.

Allow me to step out of the conversation you are apparently having with yourself by making up "whatever" regardless of my actual debate/discussion.

Yes, I agree. Your argument is weak and not based on fact. Mine is fact. Legislators of different backgrounds pass marriage laws. You prefer that sodomite marriage be proclaimed throughout the land by five judges.
No, your 'argument' fails because it's based on ignorance, fear, and hate.

'Anti-sodomy' laws were struck down by the Supreme Court as un-Constitutional in 2003, consequently gay Americans are not 'sodomites,' and gay Americans are entitled to Constitutional protections, safeguarding their civil rights from ignorant, hateful bigots such as you.

Moreover, laws seeking to deny same-sex couples access to marriage law in violation of the 14th Amendment are being struck down by the courts because they're repugnant to the Constitution and violate our fundamental principles of liberty and equal protection of the law.
Your claim of "ignorance, fear and hate" is false. The constitution leaves marriage laws up to the states.

Yes. Up to the point that those laws are ruled to be unconstitonal.

I have no issue with religion until they start dictating how everyone else has to live their lives...

As LGBT tends to obey the vast majority of the "rules" set out by the bible, common sense rules I think both sides of the fence agree with, whey then do the religious choose to dwell upon the part that LGBT doesn't follow?

-----

"The dogmatically religious impulse stems from the psychological need for group identity and belonging, together with a need for certainty and meaning."

"This urge is closely connected to the impulse to be part of a group, to feel that you belong, and share the same beliefs and principles as others. And these impulses work together with the need for certainty – the feeling that you ‘know’, that you possess the truth, that you are right and others are wrong."

"Dogmatically religious people think that they’re right and everyone else is wrong. For them, religion isn’t about self-development or experiencing the transcendent, but about adhering to a set of rigid beliefs and following the rules laid down by religious authorities. It’s about defending their beliefs against anyone who questions them, asserting their ‘truth’ over other people’s, and spreading those beliefs to others. For them, the fact that other people have different beliefs is an affront, since it implies the possibility that their own beliefs may not be true. They need to convince other people that they’re wrong to prove to themselves that they’re right."

"Don’t blame religion for our problems – blame the human need for belonging and certainty." ~ Steve Taylor.

From an interesting piece on the psychology of religion: https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/out-the-darkness/201206/the-psychology-religion-force-good-or-evil
Burn in hell you will. Good luck satan spawn.

Allow me to step out of the conversation you are apparently having with yourself by making up "whatever" regardless of my actual debate/discussion.

Yes, I agree. Your argument is weak and not based on fact. Mine is fact. Legislators of different backgrounds pass marriage laws. You prefer that sodomite marriage be proclaimed throughout the land by five judges.

'Anti-sodomy' laws were struck down by the Supreme Court as un-Constitutional in 2003, consequently gay Americans are not 'sodomites,' and gay Americans are entitled to Constitutional protections, safeguarding their civil rights from ignorant, hateful bigots such as you.

Moreover, laws seeking to deny same-sex couples access to marriage law in violation of the 14th Amendment are being struck down by the courts because they're repugnant to the Constitution and violate our fundamental principles of liberty and equal protection of the law.
Your claim of "ignorance, fear and hate" is false. The constitution leaves marriage laws up to the states.
Whenever you guys want to get away with being racist or homophobic you always say "states rights". Right to ignore the constitution? Nope.

Are homo sapiens heterosexual, bisexual, or homosexual by nature?

All of the above.

I hope homosexuality is genetic, you would have to be mental to make such a sick choice

Obviously, there's nothing sick about it but, totally by accident, you've actually managed to make a good point. (Hey, there's a first time for everything ...)

Very few people would choose to be demonized, assaulted, denied basic civil rights and even murdered by sicko fundies, Peeping Tom's and meddling jerks who are desperately unhappy in their own sad little lives, sexually insecure and won't mind their own business.
Obviously it is sick behavior, you really have to be sick not to know that.
No, the only sick behavior is the unwarranted hate you exhibit toward gay Americans.
No, gay is abnormal, period.
Nonsense.

Homosexuality is perfectly normal.

And that you perceive homosexuality to be 'abnormal' in your subjective, errant opinion is also legally and Constitutionally irrelevant.

I hope homosexuality is genetic, you would have to be mental to make such a sick choice

Obviously, there's nothing sick about it but, totally by accident, you've actually managed to make a good point. (Hey, there's a first time for everything ...)

Very few people would choose to be demonized, assaulted, denied basic civil rights and even murdered by sicko fundies, Peeping Tom's and meddling jerks who are desperately unhappy in their own sad little lives, sexually insecure and won't mind their own business.
No, the only sick behavior is the unwarranted hate you exhibit toward gay Americans.
Nonsense.

And that you perceive homosexuality to be 'abnormal' in your subjective, errant opinion is also legally and Constitutionally irrelevant.
Wrong as usual retard.

-----

Funny most theists who spend all day defending religion and the god hypothesis dont support you "burn in hell" theists. In fact they say you dont know what you are talking about.

I love running into your type because you sound so rediculous. So your god burns gays in hell for eternity for butt sex? Who told you this?

-----

Funny most theists who spend all day defending religion and the god hypothesis dont support you "burn in hell" theists. In fact they say you dont know what you are talking about.

I love running into your type because you sound so rediculous. So your god burns gays in hell for eternity for butt sex? Who told you this?
It's right there in the first chapter of Romans. It actually says they burn. You should read the Bible instead of assuming something isn't there.

Whenever you guys want to get away with being racist or homophobic you always say "states rights". Right to ignore the constitution? Nope.

Yes. The answer to your question is yes. Go back and read your question. Yes.
So why aren't homo sapiens born with male AND female sex organs?

All of the above.
Then why aren't we born with male AND female sex organs?

Cause they are - Hermaphrodite - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

In part anyway:

"Aside from having an ambiguous-looking external genitalia, true hermaphroditism in humans differs from pseudohermaphroditism in that the person's karyotype has both XX and XY chromosome pairs (47XXY, 46XX/46XY, 46XX/47XXY or 45X/XY mosaic) and having both testicular and ovarian tissue. One possible pathophysiologic explanation of this rare phenomenon is a parthenogenetic division of a haploid ovum into two haploid ova. Upon fertilization of the two ova by two sperm cells (one carrying an X and the other carrying a Y chromosome), the two fertilized ova are then fused together resulting in a person having dual genitalial, gonadal (ovotestes) and genetic sex.

Another common cause of hermaphroditism is the crossing over of the SRY from the Y chromosome to the X chromosome during meiosis. The SRY is then activated in only certain areas, causing development of testes in some areas by beginning a series of events starting with the upregulation of SOX9, and in other areas not being active (causing the growth of ovarian tissues). Thus, testicular and ovarian tissues will both be present in the same individual.[22]"

It doesn't matter if gay is abnormal. They can be abnormal just as they have for centuries. Just stop demanding that everyone else consider the abnormal, normal.
Wrong.

Citizens seeking their comprehensive civil rights aren't 'demanding' anything of anyone.

Gay Americans couldn't care less whether you and other hateful bigots 'accept' them or not.

And you and other ridiculous bigots remain at liberty to exhibit your ignorance and hate, but you are not at liberty to seek to disadvantage gay Americans through force of law in violation of current 14th Amendment jurisprudence.

Nonsense.

Then autism is perfectly normal too, right? I have a high functioning autistic child and it's not normal. It means something went terribly wrong, a deviation from normal development patterns. The same goes for homosexuality. It's a birth defect just like my son's. It's not something to be celebrated.

-----

You're a Christophobic hateful bigot.

It doesn't matter if gay is abnormal. They can be abnormal just as they have for centuries. Just stop demanding that everyone else consider the abnormal, normal.
Wrong.

Citizens seeking their comprehensive civil rights aren't 'demanding' anything of anyone.

Gay Americans couldn't care less whether you and other hateful bigots 'accept' them or not.

And you and other ridiculous bigots remain at liberty to exhibit your ignorance and hate, but you are not at liberty to seek to disadvantage gay Americans through force of law in violation of current 14th Amendment jurisprudence.
Sodomites are not being denied any civil rights.

-----

And?

The bible is completely devoid of secular authority.

Ar

Cause they are - Hermaphrodite - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

In part anyway:

"Aside from having an ambiguous-looking external genitalia, true hermaphroditism in humans differs from pseudohermaphroditism in that the person's karyotype has both XX and XY chromosome pairs (47XXY, 46XX/46XY, 46XX/47XXY or 45X/XY mosaic) and having both testicular and ovarian tissue. One possible pathophysiologic explanation of this rare phenomenon is a parthenogenetic division of a haploid ovum into two haploid ova. Upon fertilization of the two ova by two sperm cells (one carrying an X and the other carrying a Y chromosome), the two fertilized ova are then fused together resulting in a person having dual genitalial, gonadal (ovotestes) and genetic sex.

Another common cause of hermaphroditism is the crossing over of the SRY from the Y chromosome to the X chromosome during meiosis. The SRY is then activated in only certain areas, causing development of testes in some areas by beginning a series of events starting with the upregulation of SOX9, and in other areas not being active (causing the growth of ovarian tissues). Thus, testicular and ovarian tissues will both be present in the same individual.[22]"
Are hermaphrodites natural or freaks of nature?

Forum List

Back