Let's take the political test again

It's been a year or two since I took this test and I ended up in precisely the same place on the chart.

Not a big fan of authoritarianism, which is clearly gaining favor nationally. They just love that government.

Where do you sit?

The Political Compass - Test

pcgraphpng.php

I ended up in the same area as you. Almost the same spot.

Last edited:
I'm Libertarian Right too. I took the stupid test for LL but it is still not accurate to me because I didn't believe some of the questions were true! How can you take a test where they have such questions? What will it prove?

This is one of the worst of these kinds of tests I've tried to take. Couldn't get past the half way point. I sets up too many false dilemmas for me to take it seriously.

For what it's worth, I think the Nolan chart, and the general idea of looking beyond the stilted left/right spectrum of politics, is a tremendously useful approach. But you have to be careful and look at the assumptions built into the questions when taking theses kinds of surveys. The built in assumptions, for this one in particular, don't always accurately represent the resulting placement on the chart.

This is one of the worst of these kinds of tests I've tried to take. Couldn't get past the half way point. I sets up too many false dilemmas for me to take it seriously.

For what it's worth, I think the Nolan chart, and the general idea of looking beyond the stilted left/right spectrum of politics, is a tremendously useful approach. But you have to be careful and look at the assumptions built into the questions when taking theses kinds of surveys. The built in assumptions, for this one in particular, don't always accurately represent the resulting placement on the chart.

I agree.

With that said, I finished anyway jst to see what kind of "conclusions" would be drawn from such wreckless questioning.

http://www.politicalcompass.org/printablegraph?ec=2.38&soc=-4.41

Economic Left/Right: 2.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.41

Last edited:
Ditto.

I was being honest. I only comment on some issues on this board.

I just think you just haven't been asking the right questions.

I think some of the questions were pretty stupid...and they need a "WTF?" answer for them! Mine turned out just like yours, except my dot was up about one more square....the left can't believe that we can actually agree with them on some things because all they talk about are the things they know we're against :) But then again, this "test" is a bunch of crap.....

Interesting thought process. It reeks of personal responsibility. You and Mud might want to bring up the issues that you think "the left" is with you on. Maybe that would change the discussion a little?

I'll look forward to it.

I don't think the test is crap.

Oh, and the key to any issue is the logic involved. The left seems to want to apply irrational arguments to every issue knowing full well a rational person will reject it. Claiming CO2 is a poison when everyone nows it is essential for life on Earth. Claiming the NRA is against background checks when the fact is we just don't agree on the standards. Claiming we're bigots if we don't support same-sex marriage. Claiming we want to take everyone's abortion rights away. You simply must misrepresent our true beliefs in order to demonize us.

You're right. We don't know the things we agree on because we only talk about things you are against?

Some of the questions were pretty dumb. Ones about abstract art and astrology don't seem to have anything to do with politics as far as I can tell, but I finished.

Economic Left/Right: 9.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.87

pcgraphpng.php

I won't say I see it as accurate, but, according to them, this is where I stand.

Kev.. did not anticipate you being that far right on any test.. about right on the libertarian side though

Well if we're going purely by economic stances then I'd say I should be further to the right if anything.

Same with me on fiscal issues.. but.. I think both you and I are more moderate than anything on social issues

Kev.. did not anticipate you being that far right on any test.. about right on the libertarian side though

Well if we're going purely by economic stances then I'd say I should be further to the right if anything.

Certainly what I was thinking. i believe they schedule the boxes based on the level of agreement (or disagreement). But some of the questions were rather loaded and would require a further explanation on my part than simply agree or disagree.

Certainly what I was thinking. i believe they schedule the boxes based on the level of agreement (or disagreement). But some of the questions were rather loaded and would require a further explanation on my part than simply agree or disagree.

Yeah, that's the problem with all of these tests. They don't allow any nuance.

I am a centralist.

Economic Left/Right: 0.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.03

Slight libertarian and slightly to the right

Here is an instance of a question that is particularly silly.

Controlling inflation is more important than controlling unemployment.

The control of either is the problem. It's like a central planner doublespeak. The dual mandate of the federal reserve only serves the importance of central planning. Something I vehemently oppose. Therefore choosing agree or disagree to the question is irrelevant. The correct question is should the federal reserve exist at all, not whether one of its two mandates are more important than the other.

Forum List

Back