Let's take the political test again

pcgraphpng.php

Last edited:
Here is an instance of a question that is particularly silly.

Controlling inflation is more important than controlling unemployment.

The control of either is the problem. It's like a central planner doublespeak. The dual mandate of the federal reserve only serves the importance of central planning. Something I vehemently oppose. Therefore choosing agree or disagree to the question is irrelevant. The correct question is should the federal reserve exist at all, not whether one of its two mandates are more important than the other.

The questions shows the bias of the test since the theory that there's a trade-off between unemployment and inflation is Keynesian horseshit.

Also, since when is there a distinction between being on the left and being authoritarian?

How is being left different from being authoritarian?

It's been a year or two since I took this test and I ended up in precisely the same place on the chart.

Not a big fan of authoritarianism, which is clearly gaining favor nationally. They just love that government.

Where do you sit?

The Political Compass - Test

pcgraphpng.php

Could be because I'm fairly liberal on social issues, so I don't want an authoritarian government telling me how to live my life.

Here is an instance of a question that is particularly silly.

Controlling inflation is more important than controlling unemployment.

The control of either is the problem. It's like a central planner doublespeak. The dual mandate of the federal reserve only serves the importance of central planning. Something I vehemently oppose. Therefore choosing agree or disagree to the question is irrelevant. The correct question is should the federal reserve exist at all, not whether one of its two mandates are more important than the other.

The questions shows the bias of the test since the theory that there's a trade-off between unemployment and inflation is Keynesian horseshit.

Also, since when is there a distinction between being on the left and being authoritarian?

I agree. the distinction between economics (left adn right) and social issue is moot. If one is left on the economic scale and leaning towards libertarian in social scale, it's a direct contradictory. Economic freedom is just as important of libertarian indication as is social issue. if not more so.

I

It's been a year or two since I took this test and I ended up in precisely the same place on the chart.

Not a big fan of authoritarianism, which is clearly gaining favor nationally. They just love that government.

Where do you sit?

pcgraphpng.php

Could be because I'm fairly liberal on social issues, so I don't want an authoritarian government telling me how to live my life.

The left and right indicators are in response to economics though. If one leans left on this, it indicates that they wish for other peoples money to be used to help out others. Which is authoritarian since the issue is never packaged as a voluntary deal. Govt. always uses force to extract the property of another to give to someone else.

The left and right indicators are in response to economics though. If one leans left on this, it indicates that they wish for other peoples money to be used to help out others. Which is authoritarian since the issue is never packaged as a voluntary deal. Govt. always uses force to extract the property of another to give to someone else.

The test included several social issue questions.

Where do you sit?

pcgraphpng.php

Your test is bogus. It's designed to make people appear to be more to the left than they are. Libertarians originally came up with a graph to describe a person's political orientation, but their horizontal axis measure the amount of economic control and the vertical axis measure the amount of social control. Those are characteristics that can actually be graphed on a plane. The characteristics refereed to on this graph are not perpendicular to each other. Furthermore, most people don't even agree on what they are.

It's total bullshit.

The test included several social issue questions.

Yes, as indicating the vertical plain on the graph. Even still, that is the flaw of the entire test model. It attemptts to separate two portions of social construct (social acceptance and economic freedom) as being decidedly different indicators. But they are not.

Forum List

Back