Leviathan: Grand Canyon Democracy

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
This is a modernism fable (my last one I think!) inspired by the democracy-futurama film Titan A.E.

Signing off,

====

Now that the Great Tribulation was over and the AntiChrist was defeated, the two warring factions of Gog (paramilitary patriot team known as 'G.I. Joes') and Magog (rival super-terrorist organization with Marxist agenda known as 'Cobra') put their differences aside and began befriending each other. The Joe assassin Snake-Eyes became a Mormon and retired to Utah with his wife Mara (mermaid sentinel of G.I. Joe) and took as his second-wife Pythona (wily terrorist consultant of Cobra). Duke married Scarlett and retired to Paris, France. Cobra Commander went to the Himalayas to meditate about Shiva (Hindu god of destruction).

The U.S. government decided to 'honor' the G.I. Joes and Cobra by offering them a special 'mission' to establish (and secure!) a special 'future-city' being built by NASA and the NSA in the Grand Canyon, as a beacon of modernism (completely safe from the ominous new age threat of anti-Western terrorism). Duke and Cobra Commander signed a nice peace-treaty, and the two teams were now considered a part of one big 'community-values oriented' kingdom. The only real 'threat' to geo-political stability now was the 'aftermath' of the Great Tribulation --- the plague of the green-eyed monster!

Because the Joe-Cobra war was based on capitalism controversy and democracy-defense (and criticism!), the aftermath of this trying time was the populace remnants of anti-crusade sentimentality. "Was war really necessary?," "Couldn't President Trump use his capitalism acumen to use commerce to avert cutthroat competition?," and "Will the Joes and Cobra always seem like 'superhuman soldiers' in our midst?" were the questions being posed by CNN analysts. The 'future-city' being built in the Grand Canyon was going to be called Leviathan (a spiritual-philosophical term denoting the presence of an immense unpredictable metaphysical 'dragon'), since it represented humanity's interest in controlling the chaos that modernism put on the proverbial 'table of architecture.'

====

gcanyon.jpg

Forum List

Back