LGBT & ? vs Utah: Legal Arguments at 10th Circuit Begin April 10, 2014

I am curious as to how bisexuals fit in this whole mix.

Since the argument appears to be that gays, or same sex partners, should be able to Marry just as heterosexuals can, doesn't it appear that bisexuals are getting the shaft?

No pun intended

Err.... no. Bisexuals would be able to marry the consenting adult of their choice the same as anyone else if gay people are allowed to marry.

And that is equitable?

What level are you thinking on here? Either you're thinking constitutional rights level, ie, what the constitution says, especially the 9th and 14th amendments.
Or you're thinking pure equality, which to be honest doesn't play a part here.
Or you're just trying to wind people up.

The US govt, and the state govts, should treat people equally.

When it comes to marriage an individual should be able to marry the consenting adult of their choice.

A gay person will generally choose a person of the same sex. They can choose one, everyone is limited to one, otherwise we get onto the polygamy argument, and that's not what this is about, is it?

A straight person will generally choose a person of the opposite sex. They can choose one.

A bisexual person may choose someone of both sexes. They can choose one.

Choosing one consenting adult to marry is fair for all, right?

I am curious as to how bisexuals fit in this whole mix.

Since the argument appears to be that gays, or same sex partners, should be able to Marry just as heterosexuals can, doesn't it appear that bisexuals are getting the shaft?

No pun intended

Err.... no. Bisexuals would be able to marry the consenting adult of their choice the same as anyone else if gay people are allowed to marry.

And that is equitable?

You can too...so, yes.

Please, clear it up for me

You seem to think bisexuals are "shafted" by marriage equality. Why? Bisexual means they are attracted to both sexes. Marriage equality means they can marry whichever gender they fall in love with.

They have to choose. Where is the equity? Bisexuals could, by the nature of the sexuality, fall in love with a member of both genders

Can you, by the nature of your sexuality, fall in love with multiple members of the opposite sex?

They have to choose. Where is the equity? Bisexuals could, by the nature of the sexuality, fall in love with a member of both genders

So, do you support polygamy because, by the nature of their sexuality, heterosexuals can fall in love with multiple members of the opposite gender?

>>>>

I think my question was sincere, yet unanswered

We've discussed how I think that marriage should go away as a state matter, then we establish uniting documents allowing for any couple to unite.

However, we discuss same sex unity, and heterosexual unity, this seems to fly in the face of both.

So the question really is, what is equity for bi sexuals?

See that is what I think you are missing. It's not a question of equality for bi-sexuals. Heterosexuals are limited to one partner, homosexuals are limited to one partner, all races are limited to one partner, males are limited to one partner, females are limited to one partner, all religions (in the United States) are limited to one partner.

Two person marriage applies the same irregardless of race, gender, religion, ethnicity, national origin or sexual orienation - therefore there is no discrimination. Unlike anti-miscegenation which discriminated based on race and law limiting marriage based on gender.

>>>>

Last edited:
So, do you support polygamy because, by the nature of their sexuality, heterosexuals can fall in love with multiple members of the opposite gender?

>>>>

We've discussed how I think that marriage should go away as a state matter, then we establish uniting documents allowing for any couple to unite.

However, we discuss same sex unity, and heterosexual unity, this seems to fly in the face of both.

See that is what I think you are missing. It's not a question of equality for bi-sexuals. Heterosexuals are limited to one partner, homosexuals are limited to one partner, all races are limited to one partner, males are limited to one partner, females are limited to one partner, all religions (in the United States) are limited to one partner.

Two person marriage applies the same irregardless of race, gender, religion, ethnicity, national origin or sexual orienation - therefore there is no discrimination. Unlike anti-miscegenation which discriminated based on race and law limiting marriage based on gender.

>>>>

But we are basing this on sexuality. One and One is not the nature of bisexuality.

What am I missing?

Blacks are a race and LGBT cult behaviors around compulsive avoidance of the reproductive gender. I don't see the comparison?

Race does not equal behavior. Quit running with your false premise.

Sure you don't, you make definitions to suit an agenda, you won't find similarities.
If you actually want to be sensible about this, then you don't need to push your agenda, and you can look at human beings getting on with their lives.

Black people were treated differently before, they were a different race and this was enough for white people to make claims that they weren't fully human and the like. They did just what you're doing.

Black people are a race.
Gay people are a sexuality

What's the difference? Well, one gained civil rights in the 1960s, and while certain people have still treated them with disdain, they have progressed since then and have equal rights under law with white people. Gay people DON'T have equal rights.

That's the difference.

Pedophiles are "a sexuality". So are necrophiliacs. Bulimia is "a type of eating". Just as a compulsive liar has a "different recounting affect"...and on that topic...you just said:

Sure you don't, you make definitions to suit an agenda, you won't find similarities.

Which is the exact same thing I could say about you making up that acquired compulsive behaviors are equivalent to a innate physical structure such as race.

You seem to think bisexuals are "shafted" by marriage equality. Why? Bisexual means they are attracted to both sexes. Marriage equality means they can marry whichever gender they fall in love with.

Can you, by the nature of your sexuality, fall in love with multiple members of the opposite sex?

You seem confused, my equality is not in question. It is bisexuals that, by there nature, fall in love and be sexually attracted to each sex, that seem to have fallen through the cracks.

>>>>

But we are basing this on sexuality. One and One is not the nature of bisexuality.

What am I missing?

You are ignoring the fact that heterosexual are attracted to the opposite sex. That doesn't mean that heterosexuals are only attracted to ONE of the opposite sex.

So what you are missing is that one bi-sexual it attracted can be attracted to one (or more) men and one or more (women). A heterosexual can be attracted to one (or more women). Just as a bi-sexual could be attracted to multiple partners a heterosexual can be attracted to multiple partners. (BTW - same goes for a homosexual.)

You appear to be assuming with the "one and one" statement that heterosexuals cannot be attracted to "one or more" of the opposite sex.

>>>>

You seem confused, my equality is not in question. It is bisexuals that, by there nature, fall in love and be sexually attracted to each sex, that seem to have fallen through the cracks.

No that is the question. You seem to want to dodge the question as to whether heterosexuals (which by definition means having a sexual attraction to the opposite gender) can be sexually attracted to more than one of the opposite sex at the same time.

If you think the answer is "No", heterosexuals only feel sexual attraction to one member of the opposite sex - then buddy you are wrong. You should hang around divorce courts some, in many cases the married couple will have a normal sex life and one partner (not necessarily always the man) will go get some strange stuff on the side. They're sexually attracted to their spouse, but still going out for something different. (In my world it's definitely wrong to cheat on our spouse, just saying your positioning that heterosexual mean sexually attracted to only one member of the opposite sex is not correct.)

>>>>

Last edited:
Please, clear it up for me

You make the common mistake of perceiving the issue as ‘changing’ marriage to ‘accommodate’ same-sex couples in an effort to realize ‘equality.’

In fact, same-sex couples have always been eligible to enter into marriage contracts, contracts identical to those afforded to opposite-sex couples. The issue, therefore, concerns states refusing to acknowledge that fact, and denying same-sex couples access to marriage law in violation of the Equal Protection Clause of the 14th Amendment.

Consequently, to reference ‘bisexuals’ is irrelevant demagoguery having nothing to do with the issue.

What am I missing?

You do know that bisexual isn't having it off with more than one person at a time, right?

It's like being gay and straight at the same time, you just choose which one when it suits you. It's not a threesome.

Pedophiles are "a sexuality". So are necrophiliacs. Bulimia is "a type of eating". Just as a compulsive liar has a "different recounting affect"...and on that topic...you just said:

Which is the exact same thing I could say about you making up that acquired compulsive behaviors are equivalent to a innate physical structure such as race.

Pedophile doesn't exactly follow the whole "consenting adult" thing, does it?

A straight person can't rape someone, they can't have underage sex, not matter whether they like it or not.

Sexuality is based around which sex you like, ie, males or females or both.
Pedophiles are interested in children, which isn't about their sex, it's about their AGE.

So no, a pedophilia is NOT sexuality.

Same with necrophilia.

As for you trying to claim I'm saying that sexuality is the same as race, I'm actually not doing this.
What I am saying is that every legal person in the US has rights. These rights don't depend on anything, other than situations with due process through the courts, and also with age, because children have limited rights and responsibilities.

You can do what you like as long as it doesn't harm anyone else = the rights theory.

You like rights or not?

What am I missing?

You do know that bisexual isn't having it off with more than one person at a time, right?

It's like being gay and straight at the same time, you just choose which one when it suits you. It's not a threesome.

You are basing this on the time period of sex acts, not sexuality. You do know that is an apple to an orange, right?

Why deny a threesome to a bisexual, I find that absurd.

What am I missing?

You are basing this on the time period of sex acts, not sexuality. You do know that is an apple to an orange, right?

Your entire concept is absurd. Just because someone is bisexual and is attracted to members of either gender does not mean that they must be attracted to them at the same time and act upon those attractions at the same time.

Can you be attracted to more than one person at time? Why are you denying yourself bigamy?

Your entire concept is absurd. Just because someone is bisexual and is attracted to members of either gender does not mean that they must be attracted to them at the same time and act upon those attractions at the same time.

Can you be attracted to more than one person at time? Why are you denying yourself bigamy?

Why do you continue to point the mirror away from you and direct it to me?

A bisexual can, and many do, find themselves attracted to members of both genders.

It seems to me that it is I that seeks full equality for all sexualities under the law. You are satisfied for 98% equality.

And to the poster who attempted to bring beastiality into this, how does an animal consent, how does it sign the appropriate contract? Please enlighten me.

Last edited:

Why do you continue to point the mirror away from you and direct it to me?

A bisexual can, and many do, find themselves attracted to members of both genders.

It seems to me that it is I that seeks full equality for all sexualities under the law. You are satisfied for 98% equality.

And to the poster who attempted to bring beastiality into this, how does an animal consent, how does it sign the appropriate contract? Please enlighten me.

One person at a time. You're arguing for bigamy. Why should bigamy apply more to bisexuals? Can you be attracted to two people of the opposite sex? Why can't you marry both of them?

Animals, children, dead people and inanimate objects cannot consent and are irrelevant.

Forum List

Back