Liberal Business owners - a true story of what I get to deal with right now

That's why we need government, because government's point is to make people's lives better.

Exactly! The goal is different, public service rather than private profit. Although there were many excellent posts as well as yours, yours was the best post in this thread, for pointing that out.

he is wrong however.

Governments point is to allow us to live our lives safely.

It is up to each of us, individually, to make it better.

Do you feel you are unable to make your life better on your own?[/QUOTE

Government makes my life "safer" by providing toll free roads for me to use?

How does that work?

Exactly! The goal is different, public service rather than private profit. Although there were many excellent posts as well as yours, yours was the best post in this thread, for pointing that out.

he is wrong however.

Governments point is to allow us to live our lives safely.

It is up to each of us, individually, to make it better.

Do you feel you are unable to make your life better on your own?[/QUOTE

Government makes my life "safer" by providing toll free roads for me to use?

How does that work?

yes. I assume you dont drive much "off road"...

Travelling off road without pavement, but with hundreds of cars around you will proive to be hazardous.

I know oohPoo...you are sitting there trying to come up with a government service that is not for safety that you can toss at me...but whatever it is will be tossed right back at you. The only government services I agree with are those that are for my, and my family's safety.

I know oohPoo...you are sitting there trying to come up with a government service that is not for safety that you can toss at me...but whatever it is will be tossed right back at you. The only government services I agree with are those that are for my, and my family's safety.

and just an FYI...

I agree those with no income need a SAFETY net....so I support programs like food stamps and welfare....although I prefer it with more attention to fraud and abuse.

I have read a good number of the posts here. Generally what I am hearing from those supporting the aca is that managers, business owners, and accountants are just not smart enough to figure out a way around it or a loophole to jump through. If it were such a great idea then why would you need a way around it? Would it not be a win for everyone around the circle? And if big corps cant find a way around it given they have big time high paid top of the line attorneys and CEO types with multiple degrees don't you honestly think they would have? Let the elevator go to the top people! Take economics 101 during your 10 hour work day reduction. We are heading for depression and this one won't be recoverable like the last one. Why is it that the government is the only exception when it comes to debt? When you are in a hole digging more dirt will only make the hole bigger. Think with common sense, it doesn't take a degree to figure out you can't pay a debt by spending more. As my dad used to say "good fighting Christ!"

That's the problem right there,

but all government programs are for somebody's safety or well being.

I have read a good number of the posts here. Generally what I am hearing from those supporting the aca is that managers, business owners, and accountants are just not smart enough to figure out a way around it or a loophole to jump through. If it were such a great idea then why would you need a way around it? Would it not be a win for everyone around the circle? And if big corps cant find a way around it given they have big time high paid top of the line attorneys and CEO types with multiple degrees don't you honestly think they would have? Let the elevator go to the top people! Take economics 101 during your 10 hour work day reduction. We are heading for depression and this one won't be recoverable like the last one. Why is it that the government is the only exception when it comes to debt? When you are in a hole digging more dirt will only make the hole bigger. Think with common sense, it doesn't take a degree to figure out you can't pay a debt by spending more. As my dad used to say "good fighting Christ!"

Read post #2 where I've linked g5000's post debunking your hubby's nonsense.

What blue wrote in the original post is true and accurate. Not going to waste time arguing with you. You are just not worth my time and energy.

What blue wrote in the original post is true and accurate. Not going to waste time arguing with you. You are just not worth my time and energy.

No, it's not true and accurate. The fine for 92 employees was $124k, which is thirteen hundred bucks, per employee, per year.

He said it would "bankrupt" them.

He is wrong.

Of course not. You'll run away just like he did.

Last edited:
This story is not true.

Funny how all of a sudden in this shitty Obama economy all these companies all of a sudden want to expand, but are told by brave, noble right wingers they cannot haha!

In that post Ravi asked you to:

[come] back and admitted that you are full of shit.

So you, the one so cocksure of her position responds:

You are just not worth my time and energy.

which is the boilerplate response from those who don't have the first clue what they've read.

:slap:

That's the problem right there,

but all government programs are for somebody's safety or well being.

No...many are designed to do EXACTLY what you applauded NYCarbineer for saying...they make people's lives better.

The federal government has increased the level used to determine poverty.....poverty should be "unable to sustain a roof over ones head and food in ones stomach"......you have seen the reports, I am sure.....now one with a family of 4 with an apartment of 3 bedrooms, AC, 2 TV's and a computer can still be deemed as "needy" and worthy of welfare and/or foodstamps.

That is not for their safety...or even their health...that is designed to make them more comfortable....make their lives "better" as NYCarbineer said....and that is where I disagree with the way government interferes.

To be frank, with the exception of the mentally and physically challanged individuals, all people should ONLY receive assistance if they can not house, clothe and feed themselves.....from there they need to learn to sacrifice wants so they can move forward and slowly gain their "wants" WHEN THEY DO NOT NEED TO SACRIFICE their needs to get those wants.

Sure, you can come up with reasons why everyone should have a cell phone....but 20 years ago, we all got by without them. You can try to convince me that everyone needs AC...but years ago, I grew up in the NYC area without one. You can say everyone needs a computer....but years ago, we all got by without one.

It is not that bI dont care about those that struggle. I do. Heck, I was homeless at one time in my life. I know what it is like to wonder where your next meal is coming from. It sux and I wouldnt wish it on anyone...and I support those safety nets.

But lets be real.....a high speed computer is by no means a necessity. If you can afford to buy one, you can afford to feed your family. If you cant afford to feed your family, then you cant afford to buy a computer.

This story is not true.

Funny how all of a sudden in this shitty Obama economy all these companies all of a sudden want to expand, but are told by brave, noble right wingers they cannot haha!

And which companies can you list that are expanding? Hostess? No Walmart...no, papa johns...no. If major chains can't then why not small business? Explain your position

Forum List

Back