Liberalism and Limitless Welfare: An Explanation.

One initiative at a time, and be specific, please.
Repeal of Obomacare.
Conservatism isn't really about initiatives, it's about slowing down the constant drift to the left. Liberal programs are created, they fail, so they're doubled in size. Repeal of unemployment insurance, repeal of the minimum wage, repeal of OSHA and the EPA, these are all initiatives designed to help the economic condition of the poor in the long run. Conservative initiatives aren't designed to provide short-term election-winning results like liberal programs are. So there aren't many conservative initiatives designed to provide short-term (and necessarily temporary) improvement for the economic condition of the poor. Unlike liberal initiatives, they're designed to actually work.
Your opinion might carry more weight if it was actually evidenced-based instead of ideology-based. Hitler had lots of "solutions," too, and they were perfectly sound based upon his belief system.

PC has a simplistic world-view that consists of "1" and "0." She apparently is a binary thinker, and has no problem with classifying Americans as only "liberals" or "conservatives." To this day, I don't exactly know what a "liberal" is, other than some nasty "enemy."

Her lengthy diatribes via numbered thoughts seem like an attempt to convince readers that she is an intellectual. She is not. She is a monkey with a keyboard.

Your opinion might carry more weight if it was actually evidenced-based instead of ideology-based. Hitler had lots of "solutions," too, and they were perfectly sound based upon his belief system.
How about the Regan tax cuts in the early 1980's? That brought us out of the Jimmy "Peanut-brain" Carter recession. How about the Kennedy tax cut in the early 1960's? Talk about a "tax cut for the rich", it lowered the highest rate from 91% to 70%. It lowered the lowest rate from 22% to 20%. But I don't remember anyone screaming "tax cuts for the rich!". Funny how that works.

PC has a simplistic world-view that consists of "1" and "0." She apparently is a binary thinker, and has no problem with classifying Americans as only "liberals" or "conservatives." To this day, I don't exactly know what a "liberal" is, other than some nasty "enemy."

Her lengthy diatribes via numbered thoughts seem like an attempt to convince readers that she is an intellectual. She is not. She is a monkey with a keyboard.

Thinking of you when he said "a fundamental defect."

8. " ...a recent, vivid example, [of Liberals lack of concern for wasting taxpayer money,] the Obama Administration had three-and-a-half years from the signing of the Affordable Care Act to the launch of the healthcare.gov website. It’s hard to reconcile the latter debacle with the image of liberals lying awake at night tormented by the thought the government should be doing more to reduce suffering.

a. A sympathetic columnist, E.J. Dionne, wrote of the website’s crash-and-burn debut, “There’s a lesson here that liberals apparently need to learn over and over: Good intentions without proper administration can undermine even the most noble of goals.”

b. That such an elementary lesson is one liberals need to learn over and over suggests a fundamental defect in liberalism, however—something worse than careless or inept implementation of liberal policies."
Current Issue

"...an attempt to convince readers that she is an intellectual."

Let's just say I'm somewhere between you and intellectual.

Last edited:
Two points to ponder:

1. Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein

2. "Despite nearly $15 trillion in total welfare spending since Lyndon
Johnson declared war on poverty in 1964, the poverty rate is perilously close to where we began .....
Throwing money at the problem has neither reduced poverty nor made the poor self-sufficient."

Scribd

Pondering, digesting, and using the information above requires an ability that is not in the skill set of Liberals.

Here, Voegeli puts his finger on a fatal flaw of Liberalism, one which obviates it's success in a democracy:

9. "The problem with liberalism may be that no one knows how to get the government to do the benevolent things liberals want it to do. Or it may be, at least in some cases, that it just isn’t possible for the government to bring about what liberals want it to accomplish.

As the leading writers in ;The Public Interest' began demonstrating almost 50 years ago, the intended, beneficial consequences of social policies are routinely overwhelmed by the unintended, harmful consequences they trigger.

... as conservatives have long argued, that achieving liberal goals, no matter how humane they sound, requires kinds and degrees of government coercion fundamentally incompatible with a government created to secure citizens’ inalienable rights, and deriving its just powers from the consent of the governed."
Current Issue

This may be the most important point about the policies known 'collectively'...I use that term advisedly....as Liberalism.
It requires the sort of controls known as dictatorship.

I invite any of you to name the conservative economic policy initiatives that are designed specifically to make America's poor and low income individuals/families better off economically.

One initiative at a time, and be specific, please.
It goes off topic on this thread...............and would derail the main purpose of welfare on this thread.

These areas have been discussed on many threads and many times...................Your typical rhetoric doesn't fix a damn thing.

That's because you can't name anything. The topic of this thread is a political attack on LIBERAL policy towards the poor,

which includes within it the implication that conservative policy is not only distinctively different,

but better.

And yet, in NONE of these repeated threads (and they're all the same) by the OP, do any conservatives ever advance better ideas for making America's poor and low income citizens better off.

Now why do you suppose that is? I would think that if conservatives had any good ideas about reducing poverty or attracting good paying jobs,

they wouldn't be able to shut up about it.

And yet, you're silent on the subject.
Spare me your righteous BS..............As I have stated already many ideas and suggestions have been proposed on many different threads and people like you just simply spout the same old BS you always do..................

Your side is about Taxation, more Gov't Spending, and more of the same things we hear from you all the time. Then in the GOP they proposed measures over and over again to help the economy and cut the deficit.................Your side complained all the time about their suggestions while offering nothing in return other than spend and tax more...............

The penny plan on deficit reduction.............for an example.............is too much of a cut for the likes of you.............You can't even figure out how to cut 1 penny on the dollar even when we put waste fraud and abuse reports in your face time and time again showing you 100's of Billions a year in wasted money............

Then there are areas like this...................

Ten Thousand Commandments
Ten Thousand Commandments Competitive Enterprise Institute

How many dang regulations do we really need.........................I understand areas on the markets but this regulatory machine is Freaking Ridiculous.............

Finally, Dems ran Detroit into the ground.............
Dems are chasing businesses out of California.................

Spare me how your side is so much better given the results of where you have full control.

Wastebook 2014 What Washington doesn t want you to read. - Press Releases - Tom Coburn M.D. United States Senator from Oklahoma

Examples of wasteful spending highlighted in “Wastebook 2014” include:

• Coast guard party patrols – $100,000
  • Watching grass grow – $10,000
  • State department tweets @ terrorists – $3 million
  • Swedish massages for rabbits – $387,000
  • Paid vacations for bureaucrats gone wild – $20 million
  • Mountain lions on a treadmill – $856,000
  • Synchronized swimming for sea monkeys – $50,000
  • Pentagon to destroy $16 billion in unused ammunition -- $1 billion
  • Scientists hope monkey gambling unlocks secrets of free will –$171,000
  • Rich and famous rent out their luxury pads tax free – $10 million
  • Studying “hangry” spouses stabbing voodoo dolls – $331,000
  • Promoting U.S. culture around the globe with nose flutists – $90 million

The One Cent Solution Penny Plan balances the federal budget by 2019.

The Three Keys
1. A Plan that Works

The One Cent Solution is beautifully simple: If the government cuts one cent out of every dollar of its total spending (excluding interest payments) each year for five years, and then caps overall federal spending at 18 percent of national income from then on, we can:

• Reduce federal spending by $7.5 trillion over 10 years.
  • Balance the budget by 2019.
Moreover, instead of using inflated budget “baselines” to claim nonexistent spending “cuts” a common practice in Washington, the One Cent Solution calls for real cuts. Under the One Cent plan, the sum of all discretionary and entitlement spending will have to go down from one year to the next, by one percent or more.

2. Legislative Strategy
The One Percent Spending Reduction Act of 2011 embodies the principles of the One Cent Solution. Also known as the “Penny Plan” on Capitol Hill, this legislation was introduced by Congressman Connie Mack (R-FL) and Senator Mike Enzi (R-WY) and is currently supported by 71 Members of the House and 13 Members of the Senate. Visit our current legislation page to view the list.

The “Penny Plan” legislation would cap overall spending to fit within the One Cent Solution targets. The legislation then calls on Congress to evaluate all areas of the federal government to make certain that future spending fits under the caps.

Under the One Cent Solution or “Penny Plan”, not all programs must be cut by one percent. Congress may determine that some programs are too critical to cut, but that would require that other programs be reduced more so that the total amount cut is equal to one cent for every dollar each year for six years.

For example, let’s say the federal budget only had three programs, each with an annual budget of $1.00. How might Congress meet the One Cent mandate?

1. Congress cuts Program A by one cent every year for six years. That means the annual budget for Program A is $0.99 in year one and then $0.98, $0.97, $0.96, $0.95 and finally $0.94.
  2. Program B is found to be essential and efficient — Congress chooses not to cut Program B.
  3. Program C is outdated and needs to be restructured — Congress cuts two cents each year for six years from Program C.
In this example, Congress is able to make program-by-program decisions to bring spending within the One Cent Solution caps. If Congress fails to make those tough decisions, then automatic, across-the-board cuts would be imposed to make sure the caps were enforced. The One Cent Solution is a “belt and suspenders” approach to making certain spending is brought under control and the budget is balanced.

3. Public Support

Lifting Drilling Restrictions Could Increase U.S. Reserves by 30 Percent Study Finds CNS News

Lifting Drilling Restrictions Could Increase U.S. Reserves by 30 Percent, Study Finds

CNSNews.com) -A report from the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) estimates that lifting the ban on federal oil drilling in certain areas could increase U.S. petroleum reserves by 30 percent, including an estimated 8 billion barrels of oil in the Alaska National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR).
Using estimates from the Department of the Interior (DOI), CBO said that lifting federal drilling restrictions could bring billions more barrels of oil and gas to market.

EPA Power Plant Regulations A Backdoor Energy Tax

EPA Power Plant Regulations: A Backdoor Energy Tax

he Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has re-proposed its desired regulation of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions for future power plants. The agency also plans to finalize standards for existing plants by summer 2015. If implemented and combined with other proposed and newly implemented regulations, these GHG regulations would significantly reduce the use of coal as a power-generating source in America.

Doing so would result in a backdoor energy tax that would drive up energy bills for American households and businesses and strangle economic growth. To make matters worse, the scientific basis for GHG regulations is dubious at best, but what is certain is that these regulations will raise energy prices and destroy jobs—with no noticeable climate impact. Industry groups and state attorneys general will undoubtedly challenge the GHG regulations in court, and rightly so, but Congress should intervene and prevent the executive branch from implementing this regulatory monstrosity.

T
he attack on the coal industry is one of Obama's promises and the Dems who want the destruction of coal in this country.

Causing power bills to go up all over the country.....................And this is NYcarabooohooo version of helping the poor by making energy less affordable to the people least able to pay for it.

I could do this all day long...........NY caraboohoo....................all day...............

But you want listen.........You are the mouthpiece of the Liberal Brigade who taxes the shit out of anything that moves...........There is never a tax you don't like and their isn't any program that should be cut except the military by Communist like you.............

You couldn't pour pee out of a boot with the instructions on the heel...............

You are the problem along with ALL STATUS QUO JACK ASSES of both parties who are self servicing assholes....................and you are nothing but a blabbering idiot praising the same administration that has been screwing the poor and saying they are the champions...................

Our debt, and the fiat machine will implode again...........and there will be hell to pay for it..............and dumb asses like you wouldn't know it if it smacked you right in the face..................

Your Obama................has done what you have so long argued against.............but since he is a Dem you give him a pass.

You and your ilk are PATHETIC.

072C4D763CB743CA83B65CB730A0D68F.ashx

Sessions Senate Dems Blocking Unemployment Amendment Protecting Americans From Illegal Hiring - News Releases - Senator Jeff Sessions

Dr. George Borjas at Harvard has found that high immigration levels from 1980 to 2000 resulted in a 7.4% drop in wages for American workers without a high school degree—or almost $250 a month. There is a reason why workers earning $30,000 support a reduction in net immigration levels by a three to one margin.

Average household income has fallen steadily since 1999 and only 59% of U.S. adults are now working. Many African-American youths looking for work cannot find a job. We don’t have a shortage of workers in this country—we have a shortage of jobs.

The president’s own economic advisor, Gene Sperling (former Director of the National Economic Council) even recognizes this, saying recently that ‘our economy still has three people looking for every [one] job.’ Majority Leader Reid has cited that statistic on the Senate floor as well.

My amendment, the ‘Accountability through Electronic Verification Act,’ is a proven way to help out of work Americans. This legislation was introduced in this Congress by Senators Grassley, and cosponsored by myself and Senators Boozman, Corker, Enzi, Fischer, Hatch, Johanns, Lee, Vitter, and Wicker.

This legislation would permanently authorize and expand the E-Verify program, a simple web-based tool that allows employers to maintain a legal workforce by verifying the work eligibility of employees. E-Verify works by checking data against records maintained by the Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration. It is quick and easy.

E-Verify is on Obama's desk right now if REID WOULDN'T BLOCK IT...........

But the Dems and Obama want amnesty in return..........instead of passing the E-VERIFY.

So.....Liberalism requires the sort of government known as dictatorship, or totalitarianism to approach the fulfillment of its stated desires.

Now to deconstruct the nature of the individual known as a Liberal.....

10. [And at the 'heart'] "of how the liberal project has been justified in words, and rendered in deeds, leads me to a different explanation for why, under the auspices of liberal government, things have a way of turning out so badly. I conclude that the machinery created by the politics of kindness doesn’t work very well—in the sense of being economical, adaptable, and above all effective—because the liberals who build, operate, defend, and seek to expand this machine don’t really care whether it works very well and are, on balance, happier when it fails than when it succeeds.

11. [You see, the] "whole point of compassion is for empathizers to feel better when awareness of another’s suffering provokes unease. But this ultimate purpose does not guarantee that empathizees will fare better.

Barbara Oakley, co-editor of the volume "Pathological Altruism," defines its subject as “altruism in which attempts to promote the welfare of others instead result in unanticipated harm.” Surprises and accidents happen, of course. The pathology of pathological altruism is not the failure to salve every wound. It is, rather, the indifference—blithe, heedless, smug, or solipsistic—to the fact and consequences of those failures, just as long as the empathizer is accruing compassion points that he and others will admire.

a. ' As Jean-Jacques Rousseau wrote in Emile, “When the strength of an expansive soul makes me identify myself with my fellow, and I feel that I am, so to speak, in him, it is in order not to suffer that I do not want him to suffer. I am interested in him for love of myself.'

“If you’re trying to prove your heart is in the right place, it isn’t.”
Current Issue

Did you get that?

“If you’re trying to prove your heart is in the right place, it isn’t.”

marxist doubletalk/class envy

the evil rich..... :blahblah:
:rolleyes:

In certain countries like in Scandinavia, govt is run for the people. In the US it is run for the rich.

Is that rich envy, or just seeing the blatant bull that goes on in US govt?

So....when are you leaving?

Why should I leave? The US isn't a Republican Party country. It might be controlled by the two main parties looking out for the interests of their backers, but that doesn't mean someone can't fight for what is right. Does it?

The same as telling Martin Luther King to go back to Africa, more or less.

Also suggests a massive weakness on the part of your "argument".

And the republicans are any better? No, they're not. They don't even bother trying to fix the problem. The problem is good for them. They're like the electrician who always does a shoddy job, so he gets called out time and time and time again.
Who says I agree with them lock stock and barrel........If they are a shitty electrician then they are a shitty electrician........Doesn't matter on the party.

But the parties are shoddy. Right to the core.

So....you're not a reliable Democrat voter?
Did you vote for Romney?[/QUOTE]

Never voted Republican OR Democrat.

And the republicans are any better? No, they're not. They don't even bother trying to fix the problem. The problem is good for them. They're like the electrician who always does a shoddy job, so he gets called out time and time and time again.
Who says I agree with them lock stock and barrel........If they are a shitty electrician then they are a shitty electrician........Doesn't matter on the party.

But the parties are shoddy. Right to the core.

So....you're not a reliable Democrat voter?
Did you vote for Romney?

Never voted Republican OR Democrat.[/QUOTE]
Either you never voted at all.............or you are saying you didn't vote for the party.....................and in the later case you would be voting for an R or a D in reality.

marxist doubletalk/class envy

the evil rich..... :blahblah:
:rolleyes:

In certain countries like in Scandinavia, govt is run for the people. In the US it is run for the rich.

Is that rich envy, or just seeing the blatant bull that goes on in US govt?

So....when are you leaving?

Why should I leave? The US isn't a Republican Party country. It might be controlled by the two main parties looking out for the interests of their backers, but that doesn't mean someone can't fight for what is right. Does it?

The same as telling Martin Luther King to go back to Africa, more or less.

Also suggests a massive weakness on the part of your "argument".

"Why should I leave?"
You said Scandanavia (psst....that's not a country) was better than this nation.

"...but that doesn't mean someone can't fight for what is right."
Heck, no. That's what we did, and why we won the Senate.

"The same as telling Martin Luther King to go back to Africa, more or less."
No, actually, it's not.
And you sure aren't MLK,Jr.

"a massive weakness on the part of your "argument"
I don't argue. I simply explain why I'm right.

The themes here, are four-fold.

a. Liberal welfare policies are colossal failures.

b. Liberals who continue to advance said polices simply don't care.

c. In a post above I explained, well, Voegeli explained, that Liberal compassion is really all about making themselves feel better.

d. The only government that can approach the stated aims of Liberals is a dictatorship.

You have not even touched on any....simply revealed how unhappy you are with your life, and with the nation.

Perhaps you'd be happier somewhere else....somewhere where your uninformed vote wouldn't cancel mine.

Do drop a postcard when you are set up.

Forum List

Back