Liberals Aren’t Liking This Newly-Discovered Photo Of The 1924 Democratic Convention…

"The Republican Party geared its appeal and program to racism, reaction, and extremism.
All people of goodwill viewed with alarm and concern the frenzied wedding at the Cow Palace of the KKK with the radical right." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

1. Hillary's campaign began the 'Birther' rumor.

No- but thank you for once again reminding us that you believe that Donald Trump was just a gullible patsy of Hillary Clinton- when Donald Trump went full Birther for 5 years.

Actually...it's "yes."

"Fact checking the media — yes, the Clinton machine did start the birther movement
The birther movement does indeed have Democratic roots, long before Mr. Trump ever brought it up and made it an issue.
“The idea of going after Obama’s otherness dates back to the last presidential election — and to Democrats,” Bloomberg News reported. “Long before Trump started in, Hillary Clinton’s chief strategist, Mark Penn, recognized this potential vulnerability in Obama and sought to exploit it.

“In a March 2007 memo to Clinton (that later found its way to me), Penn wrote: ‘All of these articles about his boyhood in Indonesia and his life in Hawaii are geared toward showing his background is diverse, multicultural and putting it in a new light,’ he wrote. ‘Save it for 2050. It also exposes a very strong weakness for him — his roots to basic American values and culture are at best limited. I cannot imagine America electing a president during a time of war who is not at his center fundamentally American in his thinking and his values,’ ” Bloomberg reported."

Fact checking the media — yes, the Clinton machine did start the birther movement]
I do find it amusing that you want to believe that Donald Trump was just a gullible dupe of Hillary Clinton with his 5 years stint as King of the Birthers.

But no- Clinton didn't start the Birther movement. And didn't embrace it.

Trump embraced and led the Birther for 5 years.

Not so much in the south, west, or northeast.

But in particular -- the racist south. Was a bunch of racist Democrats -- now it's a bunch of racist Republicans. What hasn't changed along the Bible Belt is that it's always been conservative. That's why it's the rightwing clinging desperately to their confederate legacy.
Virginia voted for Hillary. That means she's a racist, right?
Why would that mean she's a racist??
Apparently your theory is that if a former confederate state votes for you then you are a racist.
Nah, apparently, you're an imbecile as I never said that.
Sure you did. You said Trump was a racist because former Confederate states voted for him. Since one vote for Hillary, according to your logic she must also be a racist. Of course, no one is surprised that now you are trying to weasel out of the implications of your moron theory.
Yyyyyyyeeeaahhh ummmmmmmm Fingerboy ----- you just plugged that in as a strawman, prefaced with the word "apparently".

"The Republican Party geared its appeal and program to racism, reaction, and extremism.
All people of goodwill viewed with alarm and concern the frenzied wedding at the Cow Palace of the KKK with the radical right." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

2. There is no Radical Right.

Take that up with Martin Luther King Jr.

Then again you white Conservatives have always despised MLK Jr.

He was very prescient when it came to identifying the modern GOP

View attachment 146053

How about I take that up with you.....using the English language and logic...

Since i am quoting Martin Luther King Jr. - you can spew any nonsense you want- but it doesn't change his words- or the accuracy of them.

He identified you and your fellow travellers quite accurately here.

The Republican Party geared its appeal and program to racism, reaction, and extremism. All people of goodwill viewed with alarm and concern the frenzied wedding at the Cow Palace of the KKK with the radical right. The “best man” at this ceremony was a senator whose voting record, philosophy, and program were anathema to all the hard-won achievements of the past decade.

Senator Goldwater had neither the concern nor the comprehension necessary to grapple with this problem of poverty in the fashion that the historical moment dictated. On the urgent issue of civil rights, Senator Goldwater represented a philosophy that was morally indefensible and socially suicidal. While not himself a racist, Mr. Goldwater articulated a philosophy which gave aid and comfort to the racist. His candidacy and philosophy would serve as an umbrella under which extremists of all stripes would stand. In the light of these facts and because of my love for America, I had no alternative but to urge every Negro and white person of goodwill to vote against Mr. Goldwater and to withdraw support from any Republican candidate that did not publicly disassociate himself from Senator Goldwater and his philosophy.

2. There is no Radical Right.

Take that up with Martin Luther King Jr.

Then again you white Conservatives have always despised MLK Jr.

He was very prescient when it came to identifying the modern GOP

View attachment 146053

How about I take that up with you.....using the English language and logic...

Since i am quoting Martin Luther King Jr. - you can spew any nonsense you want- but it doesn't change his words- or the accuracy of them.

He identified you and your fellow travellers quite accurately here.

The Republican Party geared its appeal and program to racism, reaction, and extremism. All people of goodwill viewed with alarm and concern the frenzied wedding at the Cow Palace of the KKK with the radical right. The “best man” at this ceremony was a senator whose voting record, philosophy, and program were anathema to all the hard-won achievements of the past decade.

Senator Goldwater had neither the concern nor the comprehension necessary to grapple with this problem of poverty in the fashion that the historical moment dictated. On the urgent issue of civil rights, Senator Goldwater represented a philosophy that was morally indefensible and socially suicidal. While not himself a racist, Mr. Goldwater articulated a philosophy which gave aid and comfort to the racist. His candidacy and philosophy would serve as an umbrella under which extremists of all stripes would stand. In the light of these facts and because of my love for America, I had no alternative but to urge every Negro and white person of goodwill to vote against Mr. Goldwater and to withdraw support from any Republican candidate that did not publicly disassociate himself from Senator Goldwater and his philosophy.
The copy and paste troll is back on his shift...

The Democrats have never changed....champions of slavery, segregation, and second-class citizenship.....always and forever.

Here....let's prove it together.....at an earlier time....

"The night riders move through the darkness, white against the black road....they go about their business, their horsed draped, guns and bullwhips banging dully against saddles.

....this is the South Carolina of the 1870s, not of the turn of a new millennium, and the night riders are the terror of these times. They roam upcountry, visiting their version of justice on poor blacks and the Republicans that support them, refusing to bow to the requirements of the Fourteenth and Fifteenth Amendments."
From the novel "The White Road," by John Connolly

Leave it to a brain circulation cut off by Spandex to think she makes a point by quoting a novel. :lol:

Still, this particular fiction's scene does cite a genuinely historical entity. "Night riders", also called "Regulators" or "Slave patrols" were operating since at least the eighteenth century, before there was a country and way before there were any political parties. That's a major part of the element that took over the Klan from its original founders. Again, no political party was required to participate in either.

These "night riders", considered a civic duty of the (white) menfolk, operated primarily to hunt down and return runaway slaves -- and when there weren't any to hunt in that area, to ride around intimidating existing slaves as a way of discouraging runaways and insurrections. So while the Klan brought in costumes and a framework of secret rituals, its activities concerning ex-slaves were already long-established practice.

Slave escapes and insurrections quite naturally had been going on since literally the first African slaves were brought to these shores in the 1530s by a Spanish crew. That group of captives escaped and happily were never caught, presumably joining with, and surviving with the aid of, local Native Americans. Other revolts and escapes occurred, naturally, throughout the infamous history of slavery. The "night riders" were the white establishment's remedy for such escapes; a civil 'security' force. And they had nothing to do with politics.

Is the author of the novel 100% correct or not?

Answer, you dunce.

Whelp --- Fingerboy's not responding so I'll answer for him.
The author of the novel's citation of "night riders" is accurate in that they did exist, for centuries. Which, for those of you in the slow-reader section is what I just described.

Novels, however, are what we call "fiction". Inasmuch as fiction is creative storytelling, it cannot be "correct" or "incorrect".

You must find that concept mind-numbingly deep.

Why would anyone even care what happened during the Civil War? That was over 150 years ago.

Not so much in the south, west, or northeast.

But in particular -- the racist south. Was a bunch of racist Democrats -- now it's a bunch of racist Republicans. What hasn't changed along the Bible Belt is that it's always been conservative. That's why it's the rightwing clinging desperately to their confederate legacy.
Apparently your theory is that if a former confederate state votes for you then you are a racist.
Sure you did. You said Trump was a racist because former Confederate states voted for him. Since one vote for Hillary, according to your logic she must also be a racist. Of course, no one is surprised that now you are trying to weasel out of the implications of your moron theory.
Dayam, you're more retarded than I gave you credit for.

Quote me saying Trump is racist because former confederate states voted for him or you show the forum once again just how nuts you are, Zippy.

b. FDR's first pick for the Supreme Court was a KKK official=.

Nope- another lie- Hugo Black was a former KKK member- who quit in 1925.

"... Black was head of new members for the largest Klan cell in the South. New members of the KKK had to pledge their allegiance to the “eternal separation of Church and State.”... Separation was a crucial part of the KKK’s jurisprudential agenda. It was included in the Klansman’s Creed..."
Egnorance: Hugo Black and the real history of "the wall of separation between church and state"

And again- just pointing out that you were lying when you said that FDR's first pick for the Supreme Court was a KKK official.
A US Supreme Court justice was in the Ku Klux Klan—and he remained on the bench for 34 years

Black would leave the hate group in 1925, the year before his Senate run

Quote me saying Trump is racist because former confederate states voted for him or you show the forum once again just how nuts you are, Zippy.
I understand you lack the capacity to commit logic, so I won't press you further. It's like trying to teach algebra to a cockroach.

When the south was Democrat. Now it's Republican.

The Democrats have never changed....champions of slavery, segregation, and second-class citizenship.....always and forever.

"The night riders move through the darkness, white against the black road....they go about their business, their horsed draped, guns and bullwhips banging dully against saddles.

....this is the South Carolina of the 1870s, not of the turn of a new millennium, and the night riders are the terror of these times. They roam upcountry, visiting their version of justice on poor blacks and the Republicans that support them, refusing to bow to the requirements of the Fourteenth and Fifteenth Amendments."

Leave it to a brain circulation cut off by Spandex to think she makes a point by quoting a novel. :lol:

Still, this particular fiction's scene does cite a genuinely historical entity. "Night riders", also called "Regulators" or "Slave patrols" were operating since at least the eighteenth century, before there was a country and way before there were any political parties. That's a major part of the element that took over the Klan from its original founders. Again, no political party was required to participate in either.

These "night riders", considered a civic duty of the (white) menfolk, operated primarily to hunt down and return runaway slaves -- and when there weren't any to hunt in that area, to ride around intimidating existing slaves as a way of discouraging runaways and insurrections. So while the Klan brought in costumes and a framework of secret rituals, its activities concerning ex-slaves were already long-established practice.

Slave escapes and insurrections quite naturally had been going on since literally the first African slaves were brought to these shores in the 1530s by a Spanish crew. That group of captives escaped and happily were never caught, presumably joining with, and surviving with the aid of, local Native Americans. Other revolts and escapes occurred, naturally, throughout the infamous history of slavery. The "night riders" were the white establishment's remedy for such escapes; a civil 'security' force. And they had nothing to do with politics.

Answer, you dunce.

The author of the novel's citation of "night riders" is accurate in that they did exist, for centuries. Which, for those of you in the slow-reader section is what I just described.

Novels, however, are what we call "fiction". Inasmuch as fiction is creative storytelling, it cannot be "correct" or "incorrect".

Why would anyone even care what happened during the Civil War? That was over 150 years ago.
Spits the retard who posts how Democrats started the KKK some 150 years ago. :eusa_doh:

Obama's mom was a whore. Therefore, it is reasonable to assume she wanted something better for her child. Thus, moved to the States.

-Geaux

Another Trump voter and coward who attacks a President's dead mother.

Looking forward to seeing all the other contards chime in in agreement.

I understand you lack the capacity to commit logic, so I won't press you further. It's like trying to teach algebra to a cockroach.
Translation: you can't quote me since I never said what you falsely attributed to me, so you'll demonstrate for the forum that I was right in that you're an abject retard.

But you got a reach-around from Rambunctious, so it wasn't a total loss for ya.

Thanks for playin', Zippy.

:dance:

Can someone get this snowflake some glue so he can reattach his balls?
I'm tracking your posts and reporting each and every time you name call.

You do realize that this is USMB- right?

Where people call each other names- such as snowflake- about as commonly as they use a comma.

Report away- one of the lovely things about USMB is we can call an asshole an asshole here except in specific protected subforums.

Answer, you dunce.

Spits the retard who posts how Democrats started the KKK some 150 years ago. :eusa_doh:

I don't recall mentioning it. You appear to be swirling down a vortex of your own stupidity.

Translation: you can't quote me since I never said what you falsely attributed to me, so you'll demonstrate for the forum that I was right in that you're an abject retard.

But you got a reach-around from Rambunctious, so it wasn't a total loss for ya.

Thanks for playin', Zippy.

:dance:

What part of "according to your logic" didn't you understand, cockroach?

ou do realize that this is USMB- right?

Where people call each other names- such as snowflake- about as commonly as they use a comma.

Report away- one of the lovely things about USMB is we can call an asshole an asshole here except in specific protected subforums.
Oh Okay troll...got it thanks!

And you're just a crybaby loser.
And I didn't lose you still have not proven the OP lied...still waiting for that one.
Of course he did. He kept denying the truth even after it was shown to him. Then he ran away.
Spits the moron who actually posted a photo from a KKK march in Wisconsin and tried to fool the forum into believing it was from the 1924 DNC in New York. :cuckoo:
That doesn't prove your claim, shit stain.
Please quote where I denied the truth.

I don't waste my time flogging a dead horse. I know that's your favorite hobby. You get your pants pulled down around your ankles so often that whenever you win on some small point you beat it to death.

DOOD.

You posted a thread here claiming that (a) a picture of a Klan funeral march in December of 1924 in Wisconsin was the "Democratic convention" in New York; (b) declaring that "Liberals aren't liking it" and that (c) a 93-year old archived photo is somehow "newly discovered", (d) further declaring that this funeral march in Wisconsin was somehow the reason behind your own strawman that "Liberals are always calling Republicans racist", (e) your link declared that this political convention taking place a month after the election was over on a set of wet trolley tracks a thousand miles away from its own venue featured an anti-Klan push led by a man who had been dead for eleven years AND (f) you posted all this AFTER the same bullshit had already been posted, and completely discredited, by another poster who also ran away in shame. And here you came flinging the same bullshit expecting different results.

One thing about the Klan -- they hide behind hoods so that if they can't be recognized they can't be held responsible for what they do. Much like starting a bullshit thread full of bogus lies and then running away when it's busted. No responsibility in either case.

Forum List

Back