Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Liberals' Dark Ages

Edgetho

Platinum Member
Mar 27, 2012
From Kirsten Powers via USAToday.

Kirsten is a FNC hottie --

kirsten-powers-fox-news.jpg

but I usually disagree with her more than I agree, although she does come correct once in a while.

I found this at Ace of Spades HQ so I want to give them a H/T for the part I'm going to quote.

Some smart people over there.

Kirsten Powers: Leftists Create a New Dark Age of Intolerant Anti-Intellectualism
—Ace

Kirsten Powers: Liberals' Dark Ages

The terrific thing about mob anger is that it requires so very little thought.

Welcome to the Dark Ages, Part II. We have slipped into an age of un-enlightenment where you fall in line behind the mob or face the consequences.

How ironic that the persecutors this time around are the so-called intellectuals. They claim to be liberal while behaving as anything but. The touchstone of liberalism is tolerance of differing ideas. Yet this mob exists to enforce conformity of thought and to delegitimize any dissent from its sanctioned worldview. Intolerance is its calling card.

Each week seems to bring another incident. Last week it was David and Jason Benham, whose pending HGTV show was canceled after the mob unearthed old remarks the brothers made about their Christian beliefs on homosexuality. People can't have a house-flipping show unless they believe and say the "right" things in their life off the set?

Don't bother trying to make sense of what beliefs are permitted and which ones will get you strung up in the town square. Our ideological overlords have created a minefield of inconsistency. While criticizing Islam is intolerant, insulting Christianity is sport. Ayaan Hirsi Ali is persona non grata at Brandeis University for attacking the prophet Mohammed. But Richard Dawkins describes the Old Testament God as "a misogynistic … sadomasochistic … malevolent bully" and the mob yawns. Bill Maher calls the same God a "psychotic mass murderer" and there are no boycott demands of the high-profile liberals who traffic his HBO show.

The self-serving capriciousness is crazy.

She writes that few of these assholes have bothered to think and ask the question, "What happens when they come for me?"

Instapundit excerpts this article on PC mobism as a "positional good." (The article has been linked here before, but is worth a read if you missed it.)

And a member of the Washington Post's editorial board, Jonathan Capehart, patiently explains dictates that tolerance is a one-way street, contradicting a man who offered the rather uncontroversial idea that it ought to run in both directions.

Here's his quote -- and note the correction he makes to his words after blurting them out.

[T]olerance, no, is not – it should not be a two-way street. It’s a one-way street. You cannot say to someone that who you are is wrong, an abomination, is horrible, get a room, and all of those other things that people said about Michael Sam, and not be forced — not forced, but not be made to understand that what you’re saying and what you’re doing is wrong.

He accidentally spoke the truth with that "forced" choice of terminology, before attempting to say something less honest.

But the formulation he settled on -- "made to understand" -- is actually worse, as it mixes the leftist's adoration of mob coercion with the leftist's fascination with sinister euphemism.

Edge:
Mostly background on why dimocraps are the way they are. I don't have a lot to say on the topic except for a resounding, "Yep"

Last edited:
Change "Liberal" to "Progressive" and she is spot on.

Welcome to the Dark Ages, Part II. We have slipped into an age of un-enlightenment where you fall in line behind the mob or face the consequences.

Oh my god, the irony of that statement is almost more than I can bear.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

This chick is projecting like crazy.

Yes, I said chick. She's a "hottie", remember?

Last edited:
Seriously. Are we supposed to believe you creduloids aren't all on the same mass rube email chain?

xbftc8.jpg

This isn't the first time I have demonstrated this phenomena, either.

It is getting downright creepy.

Edge:
Mostly background on why dimocraps are the way they are. I don't have a lot to say on the topic except for a resounding, "Yep"
We aren't requiring you to change your opinions, as you can see you are still allowed to have them, you just look like the mindless reactionary jerks you actually are for doing so. What we are changing is the law. The from-my-cold-dead-Bible hearts and minds will either trail along and mostly shut up, or die off. Both options work out just fine in the end. It's been done that way time and again when certain people didn't want certain other people to have the same rights and deal rationally with the changes that brings.

You people are phenomenally stupid if you don't know who Kirsten Powers is

I'm embarrassed for your stupidity. Honestly.

I suggest you do a little research on her before you show yourselves to be even more stupid than you already have.

Which would be difficult, but the stench of dimocrapism knows no bounds

Fox must have forgotten to vet her?

"Political positions

Powers supported the Obama health care reform, and believes it is a moral imperative to supply health care to all Americans.[7]

Powers supports comprehensive immigration reform and providing a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants, favors gun control,[8] and supports equal rights for gay people in the form of universal civil unions, leaving marriage strictly as a religious institution.[9]

She opposed the "don't ask, don't tell" military policy.[10] and supports closing Guantanamo Bay and putting prisoners in federal prisons.[11]

She opposed the Iraq war,[12] as well as the Fairness Doctrine,[13] and a constitutional amendment to ban flag burning.[14]

She also opposes the death penalty.[15]

She supports the right of countries to choose their own governments free of outside influence but is against the establishment of theocracies. Powers has a particular concern over the influence of Islamists in Egypt due to her husband being of Coptic Egyptian origin.[16]

She opposes elective late-term abortions.[17]"
Kirsten Powers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The sole quality necessary to be a Fox News journalist.
Fox Journal-tits, as usual.

Another moron.

attachment.php

Just keep on proving what stupid fucks you are. It's kinda funny

'Kirsten Powers is' Whatever. You people really are stupid.

Where do you get your news? Comedy Central?

That's what I thought
She writes for a newspaper that if you have to pay for a copy you aren't trying hard enough. Nuff said.

Forum List

Back