Liberals, what has Trump lied about?

One of liberals favorite things to say about Trump is that all he does is lie. He lies, his administration lies, and then he lies some more. Lies, lies, lies.

If you're old enough to remember the Bush years, liberals pretty much said the same thing about him. Everything he ever uttered was a LIE.

Quick question: why doesn't anyone ever go into all the "lies" Trump tells? I know there are lists out there that say stuff like "Trump has told 3,081 lies since he took office", but I can tell you now that's bullshit. If you bean count every inaccurate statement he or someone in his administration makes, you may be able to find a myriad of untruths, but 1) that's petty, 2) that's "cheating" (I'll explain in a second), and 3) those aren't necessarily lies.

Let's be clear about a lie is, because words have meaning. A lie is when you knowingly state a falsehood as a statement of fact. A lie isn't simply when you get something wrong or when you're mistaken about something or even when you're wrong about something you "should" know.

It's cute for news organizations to act as though they're keeping Trump honest by pointing out his lies. In theory, that's what the Fourth Estate is for: keeping honest those in power. But they know, like we know, like Trump knows, most people aren't hanging on to every word or assertion he makes and then filing away whether it was factually correct or not.

One could argue that the truth always matters, but it's not always relevant. People care whether Trump intends on trying to build a wall; they don't care about whether Trump was right when he said Washington Post journalists want to strike unless Jeff Bezos pays them more.

It's easy to ding Trump and his administration for lies when they often have to address questions off the cuff or before all the facts are known, while reporters can sit around and Google and "fact-check" all day and score points that way. And I think the media is making the same mistake they've always made with Trump: they don't take him seriously, but insist on taking him literally. Because why would Trump say one thing to the press on Tuesday, and say the exact opposite on Wednesday? Like, on a habitual basis? Either he's trolling, he speaks off the cuff about subjects he hasn't really thought through, or people looking to catch him in a lie are trying to find an inconsistency where there really is none.

Liberals, tell me some important Trump "lies". And fair warning: I'm thorough. So if you think you're going to go copypasta some list you found on fuckdrumpf.com and think I'm not going to fact-check it or call you out when it's bullshit, think again.
I’m going to be working for you. I’m not going to have time to go play golf. Bleev me. Bleev me. Bleev me, folks." - Donald Trump, August 8, 2016

an exaggeration is not a lie. come on, is that all you have?

It's a lie. A lie is a lie is a lie.

Period.

He's already shattered Obama's record for golfing. He and you and people like you used to regularly attack Obama for golfing.

You and Trump have all been exposed as hypocrites. Which is even worse than lying.

Are you really so dumb that you think that comment meant he would never play golf during his terms?

geez dude, grow up.

One of liberals favorite things to say about Trump is that all he does is lie. He lies, his administration lies, and then he lies some more. Lies, lies, lies.

If you're old enough to remember the Bush years, liberals pretty much said the same thing about him. Everything he ever uttered was a LIE.

Quick question: why doesn't anyone ever go into all the "lies" Trump tells? I know there are lists out there that say stuff like "Trump has told 3,081 lies since he took office", but I can tell you now that's bullshit. If you bean count every inaccurate statement he or someone in his administration makes, you may be able to find a myriad of untruths, but 1) that's petty, 2) that's "cheating" (I'll explain in a second), and 3) those aren't necessarily lies.

Let's be clear about a lie is, because words have meaning. A lie is when you knowingly state a falsehood as a statement of fact. A lie isn't simply when you get something wrong or when you're mistaken about something or even when you're wrong about something you "should" know.

It's cute for news organizations to act as though they're keeping Trump honest by pointing out his lies. In theory, that's what the Fourth Estate is for: keeping honest those in power. But they know, like we know, like Trump knows, most people aren't hanging on to every word or assertion he makes and then filing away whether it was factually correct or not.

One could argue that the truth always matters, but it's not always relevant. People care whether Trump intends on trying to build a wall; they don't care about whether Trump was right when he said Washington Post journalists want to strike unless Jeff Bezos pays them more.

It's easy to ding Trump and his administration for lies when they often have to address questions off the cuff or before all the facts are known, while reporters can sit around and Google and "fact-check" all day and score points that way. And I think the media is making the same mistake they've always made with Trump: they don't take him seriously, but insist on taking him literally. Because why would Trump say one thing to the press on Tuesday, and say the exact opposite on Wednesday? Like, on a habitual basis? Either he's trolling, he speaks off the cuff about subjects he hasn't really thought through, or people looking to catch him in a lie are trying to find an inconsistency where there really is none.

Liberals, tell me some important Trump "lies". And fair warning: I'm thorough. So if you think you're going to go copypasta some list you found on fuckdrumpf.com and think I'm not going to fact-check it or call you out when it's bullshit, think again.
I’m going to be working for you. I’m not going to have time to go play golf. Bleev me. Bleev me. Bleev me, folks." - Donald Trump, August 8, 2016

Period.

He's already shattered Obama's record for golfing. He and you and people like you used to regularly attack Obama for golfing.

You and Trump have all been exposed as hypocrites. Which is even worse than lying.

Yep, and he has already shattered obozo's record of getting things done for the country, i.e. doing the JOB of president.

A lie to Democrats is anything a Republican says.

Democrats feel they aren't lying when they say something that know isn't true.

It's just a mistake.
"I know more about ISIS than the generals"

"We already started on The Wall"

"Democrats want an open border"

Every action and inaction from the Democrats is they want open borders. Democrats lose their shit when current immigration law is enforced.
No one ever said they were for open borders. You assholes lie worse than Trump.

You want to spend 20 billion for a wall that does not cover the entire border. How much will that decrease illegal immigration? Any estimates?
No wall is an open border.

Wow, you really are this fucking stupid.

“We’re the highest-taxed nation in the world”

in terms of the corporate tax rate, 100% correct. He should have clarified his comment
Trump has told that lie MULTIPLE times. Not just once.

Over and over and over he lies.

Stop drinking his piss. You look like a fool.

I am pretty sure he was talking about the corporate tax rate. Can you post the entire quote? or do you only have the out of context part given to you by your handlers?
Nice try. Fail:

Trump again calls America 'the highest taxed nation in the world'—here's how the US compares

Analysis | What Trump told The Post he’d get done in his first 90 days
You know, I put in a plan for tax cuts, and I’ve gotten some very good reviews. I would do a tax cut. You have to do a tax cut. Because we’re the highest-taxed nation in the world.

Transcript - Speech: Donald Trump Addresses a Rally in Cedar Rapids, Iowa - June 21, 2017 | Factbase

Because... right now, we are one of the highest taxed nations in the world. Really on a large-scale basis, we are the highest tax nation in the world.

Need more?

Period.

Yep, and he has already shattered obozo's record of getting things done for the country, i.e. doing the JOB of president.

He hasn't done anything but sign a few EOs and the GOP tax cut.

what HASN'T trump lied about?? the guy is a PROVEN pathological liar. :laugh2:

Donald J. Trump on Twitter

trump_lie_biggest_tax_cut.jpg

Trump’s Lies vs. Your Brain

Unfortunately, it’s no contest. Here’s what psychology tells us about life under a leader totally indifferent to the truth.

Trump’s Lies vs. Your Brain
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/01/donald-trump-lies-liar-effect-brain-214658

"Donald Trump is in a different category. The sheer frequency, spontaneity and seeming irrelevance of his lies have no precedent."

"Those who have followed Trump’s career say his lying isn’t just a tactic, but an ingrained habit."

Period.

Are you really so dumb that you think that comment meant he would never play golf during his terms?

geez dude, grow up.

So, we are supposed to recognize when the wrong stuff Trump says is a lie or when he did not mean what he said. I get it.

He bitch & bitched about Obama golfing & he has gone more than Obama did.
You people are sofa king stupid that it makes me sick you can actually vote.

Period.

Really? What has he done?

President Trump always said that Mexico will help pay for the wall *OR* there will be repercussions like tariffs, etc.

Next.

Surely you can quote the blob saying just that, right?

"The Wall will be paid for, directly or indirectly, or through longer term reimbursement, by Mexico, which has a ridiculous $71 billion dollar trade surplus with the U.S. The $20 billion dollar Wall is “peanuts” compared to what Mexico makes from the U.S. NAFTA is a bad joke!" Trump tweeted.
He also said "Mexico will pay for it". Period. No bullshit walk backs. A lie is a fucking lie & just because you change it later does not mean it was not a fucking lie to begin with.
We need to tax all money being sent to Mexico, regardless of how it's being sent to Mexico. I don't understand why he hasn't done it already.
He already has.
Ask any banker.
nope

T r u m p ’ s L i e s
Many Americans have become accustomed to President Trump’s lies. But as regular as they have become, the country should not allow itself to become numb to them. So we have catalogued nearly every outright lie he has told publicly since taking the oath of office. Updated: The president is still lying, so we've added to this list, taking it through Nov. 11, and provided links to the facts in each case.

President Trump’s Lies, the Definitive List

I've never been sure if the way Trump communicates fully qualifies as "lying".

I've known a couple of people like him personally. They all communicate essentially in hyperbole, and they seem to do it so often that they may not even realize it. It's as if - and this is not a stretch - they have over time detached themselves from reality and will think that what they're saying is perfectly fine.

In other words, the fact that what they're saying isn't true may not even occur to them, or it does an instant and is subconsciously whisked away before it leaves a mark.

He probably knows sometimes, but I don't think he always does.

Donald Trump still does not understand the unemployment rate

“The unemployment number, as you know, is totally fiction. If you look for a job for six months and then you give up, they consider you give up. You just give up. You go home. You say, ‘Darling, I can’t get a job.’ They consider you statistically employed. It’s not the way. But don’t worry about it because it’s going to take care of itself pretty quickly.”
During the campaign, Trump frequently said the unemployment rate — then hovering around 5 percent — was really 42 percent.

G, we get it...we didn't think he would never play golf, he owns courses, he sponsers events.....the difference was he has been working hard to pass legislation and fight the democrats, media and anti trump republicans. you may hate the guy, but he doesn't come close to taking vacations like Obama, and no Mar O Largo is not a vacation...he still works there.

Fraid not. Another Trump defender willing to lie for his hero.

I've never been sure if the way Trump communicates fully qualifies as "lying".

I've known a couple of people like him personally. They all communicate essentially in hyperbole, and they seem to do it so often that they may not even realize it. It's as if - and this is not a stretch - they have over time detached themselves from reality and will think that what they're saying is perfectly fine.

In other words, the fact that what they're saying isn't true may not even occur to them, or it does an instant and is subconsciously whisked away before it leaves a mark.

He probably knows sometimes, but I don't think he always does.
It is still lying.

Forum List

Back