Liberals, what has Trump lied about?

Liberals, what has Trump lied about?

All False statements involving Donald Trump | PolitiFact

2F17B9E9-40DE-422E-BAB1-FC8B71F440A4.jpeg
C83836E9-F823-4F41-ADC0-B664DF98F0F0.jpeg
296C3BF6-12D3-4358-86AE-C84474463C18.jpeg
43B4E01D-79E3-43BB-B08F-CA5B6F44D564.jpeg

Shall we continue?

I've never been sure if the way Trump communicates fully qualifies as "lying".
Of course he is lying.

If you are pulling bullshit out of your ass, you are lying.

If Trump doesn't know he is pulling bullshit out of his ass, then that makes him clinically insane, which is much worse than being a pathological liar.

Trump's favorite circular tactic:

TRUMP: There are five million illegals Mexicans on Pluto.

PARROTING TARDS: THERE ARE FIVE MILLION ILLEGAL MEXICANS ON PLUTO!

REPORTER: Mr. President, you don't really think there are five million Mexicans on Pluto, do you?

TRUMP: Well, a lot of people have been saying there is!

One of liberals favorite things to say about Trump is that all he does is lie. He lies, his administration lies, and then he lies some more. Lies, lies, lies.

If you're old enough to remember the Bush years, liberals pretty much said the same thing about him. Everything he ever uttered was a LIE.

Quick question: why doesn't anyone ever go into all the "lies" Trump tells? I know there are lists out there that say stuff like "Trump has told 3,081 lies since he took office", but I can tell you now that's bullshit. If you bean count every inaccurate statement he or someone in his administration makes, you may be able to find a myriad of untruths, but 1) that's petty, 2) that's "cheating" (I'll explain in a second), and 3) those aren't necessarily lies.

Let's be clear about a lie is, because words have meaning. A lie is when you knowingly state a falsehood as a statement of fact. A lie isn't simply when you get something wrong or when you're mistaken about something or even when you're wrong about something you "should" know.

It's cute for news organizations to act as though they're keeping Trump honest by pointing out his lies. In theory, that's what the Fourth Estate is for: keeping honest those in power. But they know, like we know, like Trump knows, most people aren't hanging on to every word or assertion he makes and then filing away whether it was factually correct or not.

One could argue that the truth always matters, but it's not always relevant. People care whether Trump intends on trying to build a wall; they don't care about whether Trump was right when he said Washington Post journalists want to strike unless Jeff Bezos pays them more.

It's easy to ding Trump and his administration for lies when they often have to address questions off the cuff or before all the facts are known, while reporters can sit around and Google and "fact-check" all day and score points that way. And I think the media is making the same mistake they've always made with Trump: they don't take him seriously, but insist on taking him literally. Because why would Trump say one thing to the press on Tuesday, and say the exact opposite on Wednesday? Like, on a habitual basis? Either he's trolling, he speaks off the cuff about subjects he hasn't really thought through, or people looking to catch him in a lie are trying to find an inconsistency where there really is none.

Liberals, tell me some important Trump "lies". And fair warning: I'm thorough. So if you think you're going to go copypasta some list you found on fuckdrumpf.com and think I'm not going to fact-check it or call you out when it's bullshit, think again.
“We’re the highest-taxed nation in the world”

in terms of the corporate tax rate, 100% correct. He should have clarified his comment
Trump has told that lie MULTIPLE times. Not just once.

Over and over and over he lies.

Stop drinking his piss. You look like a fool.

I am pretty sure he was talking about the corporate tax rate. Can you post the entire quote? or do you only have the out of context part given to you by your handlers?

We didn't have the highest corp rate.

One of liberals favorite things to say about Trump is that all he does is lie. He lies, his administration lies, and then he lies some more. Lies, lies, lies.

If you're old enough to remember the Bush years, liberals pretty much said the same thing about him. Everything he ever uttered was a LIE.

Quick question: why doesn't anyone ever go into all the "lies" Trump tells? I know there are lists out there that say stuff like "Trump has told 3,081 lies since he took office", but I can tell you now that's bullshit. If you bean count every inaccurate statement he or someone in his administration makes, you may be able to find a myriad of untruths, but 1) that's petty, 2) that's "cheating" (I'll explain in a second), and 3) those aren't necessarily lies.

Let's be clear about a lie is, because words have meaning. A lie is when you knowingly state a falsehood as a statement of fact. A lie isn't simply when you get something wrong or when you're mistaken about something or even when you're wrong about something you "should" know.

It's cute for news organizations to act as though they're keeping Trump honest by pointing out his lies. In theory, that's what the Fourth Estate is for: keeping honest those in power. But they know, like we know, like Trump knows, most people aren't hanging on to every word or assertion he makes and then filing away whether it was factually correct or not.

One could argue that the truth always matters, but it's not always relevant. People care whether Trump intends on trying to build a wall; they don't care about whether Trump was right when he said Washington Post journalists want to strike unless Jeff Bezos pays them more.

It's easy to ding Trump and his administration for lies when they often have to address questions off the cuff or before all the facts are known, while reporters can sit around and Google and "fact-check" all day and score points that way. And I think the media is making the same mistake they've always made with Trump: they don't take him seriously, but insist on taking him literally. Because why would Trump say one thing to the press on Tuesday, and say the exact opposite on Wednesday? Like, on a habitual basis? Either he's trolling, he speaks off the cuff about subjects he hasn't really thought through, or people looking to catch him in a lie are trying to find an inconsistency where there really is none.

Liberals, tell me some important Trump "lies". And fair warning: I'm thorough. So if you think you're going to go copypasta some list you found on fuckdrumpf.com and think I'm not going to fact-check it or call you out when it's bullshit, think again.
I’m going to be working for you. I’m not going to have time to go play golf. Bleev me. Bleev me. Bleev me, folks." - Donald Trump, August 8, 2016

G, we get it...we didn't think he would never play golf, he owns courses, he sponsers events.....the difference was he has been working hard to pass legislation and fight the democrats, media and anti trump republicans. you may hate the guy, but he doesn't come close to taking vacations like Obama, and no Mar O Largo is not a vacation...he still works there.

Fraid not. Another Trump defender willing to lie for his hero.

So when Bill Mahr said the nword on his show, that means he's a racist?

“We’re the highest-taxed nation in the world”

in terms of the corporate tax rate, 100% correct. He should have clarified his comment
Trump has told that lie MULTIPLE times. Not just once.

Over and over and over he lies.

Stop drinking his piss. You look like a fool.

I am pretty sure he was talking about the corporate tax rate. Can you post the entire quote? or do you only have the out of context part given to you by your handlers?

We didn't have the highest corp rate.
That's right. So it's a lie no matter how the parrots try to spin it.

I've known a couple of people like him personally. They all communicate essentially in hyperbole, and they seem to do it so often that they may not even realize it. It's as if - and this is not a stretch - they have over time detached themselves from reality and will think that what they're saying is perfectly fine.

In other words, the fact that what they're saying isn't true may not even occur to them, or it does an instant and is subconsciously whisked away before it leaves a mark.

He probably knows sometimes, but I don't think he always does.
It is still lying.
Just because you guys don't get sarcasm, joking, mocking, nuance and other forms of communication does not mean it's lying. you take every single thing he says literally......now if you could only do that with the constitution....you know a document where it really matters.

I've known a couple of people like him personally. They all communicate essentially in hyperbole, and they seem to do it so often that they may not even realize it. It's as if - and this is not a stretch - they have over time detached themselves from reality and will think that what they're saying is perfectly fine.

In other words, the fact that what they're saying isn't true may not even occur to them, or it does an instant and is subconsciously whisked away before it leaves a mark.

It is still lying.
Just because you guys don't get sarcasm, joking, mocking, nuance and other forms of communication does not mean it's lying. you take every single thing he says literally......now if you could only do that with the constitution....you know a document where it really matters.

They are lies. He said them. He wasn't joking. It was not sarcasm.

It was lying. Your orange POS hero is a liar. For you to deny it only shows how fucking duped you are.

It is still lying.
To lie is to say something that you know is not true. My point is that I'm just not sure about how much of that is the case with this guy.

No one ever said they were for open borders. You assholes lie worse than Trump.

You want to spend 20 billion for a wall that does not cover the entire border. How much will that decrease illegal immigration? Any estimates?

I was referring to actions and inactions of liberals. They obstruct enforcement of immigration law. That action alone indicates support for open borders.
Well how else are we gonna get millions of illegal aliens voting if we don’t let ‘em in? :dunno:

I dunno, there will be a lot of idiot liberals that will be upset you let that one slip out.
Nah, that’s not a slip — this is....

We register them as Democrats and hand them ObamaPhones as they cross over.
Illegal Aliens do not vote,. More lies from the dumbass Trumpettes.
No, you’re wrong. At least 40 million of Hillary’s votes were cast by illegal aliens.

I was referring to actions and inactions of liberals. They obstruct enforcement of immigration law. That action alone indicates support for open borders.
Well how else are we gonna get millions of illegal aliens voting if we don’t let ‘em in? :dunno:

I dunno, there will be a lot of idiot liberals that will be upset you let that one slip out.
Nah, that’s not a slip — this is....

We register them as Democrats and hand them ObamaPhones as they cross over.
Illegal Aliens do not vote,. More lies from the dumbass Trumpettes.

What!? The media lies?
Jerry Brown Signs Automatic Voter Registration In California | HuffPost

California Law Will Automatically Register Drivers to Vote
Dayam, are you stooped... That’s for citizens.

I’m going to be working for you. I’m not going to have time to go play golf. Bleev me. Bleev me. Bleev me, folks." - Donald Trump, August 8, 2016

an exaggeration is not a lie. come on, is that all you have?

It's a lie. A lie is a lie is a lie.

Period.

He's already shattered Obama's record for golfing. He and you and people like you used to regularly attack Obama for golfing.

You and Trump have all been exposed as hypocrites. Which is even worse than lying.

Are you really so dumb that you think that comment meant he would never play golf during his terms?

geez dude, grow up.

LOL

In rightard world, saying you won’t play golf means you will.

Yeah, that’s the definition of a pathological liar.

Of course he is lying.

If Trump doesn't know he is pulling bullshit out of his ass, then that makes him clinically insane, which is much worse than being a pathological liar.

REPORTER: Mr. President, you don't really think there are five million Mexicans on Pluto, do you?

I tried to make a larger, slightly more complicated point, about the psychology of his behaviors.

If you think I'm "lying", that's up to you. I'll just have to find a way to survive.

The Washington Post's list of lies, has never been debunked. Not by Trump, his aids, by rightwing Fact Checks, Trump's surrogates, or by his supporters.
There have been some who claimed that they would expose WH's list as fake news, but then not another peep was ever heard from them.
Little Trumpsters, live in a fantasy world called Gullible.

Last edited:
Of course he is lying.

I tried to make a larger, slightly more complicated point, about the psychology of his behaviors.

If you think I'm "lying", that's up to you. I'll just have to find a way to survive.
I did not say you are lying. I'm saying Trump is lying, and willfully so. He counts on the ignorance and credulousness of his rubes. And he counts on them being stupid enough to defend his lies for him so he doesn't have to.

Surely you can quote the blob saying just that, right?

"The Wall will be paid for, directly or indirectly, or through longer term reimbursement, by Mexico, which has a ridiculous $71 billion dollar trade surplus with the U.S. The $20 billion dollar Wall is “peanuts” compared to what Mexico makes from the U.S. NAFTA is a bad joke!" Trump tweeted.
Donald J. Trump on Twitter

In a Tweet in 2018. That is not what he promised during his campaign. But you should have been able to find a quote that was all over the place to support your beliefs. Trump is always equivocating when challenged

Yeah, that’s the definition of a pathological liar.
Yeah, that's possible. I don't know the specifics of the diagnosis, my assumption has always been that a pathological liar knows they are lying but don't care. But it may be that they just don't recognize the difference.

Either way, I'm just not sure with this guy.

Thanks to the tax exempt (thank you John McCain) Media Matters gigantic propaganda network, "we monitor conservative speech 24/7" the left is fed a pablum mix of hate speech, wild exaggerations and outright fabrications about President Trump on an unrelenting daily basis. If President Trump cites a figure of 100 million and it comes out to 85 million the Media Matters network spins it into a lie. The left doesn't have a sense of humor so if the President makes a joke MM spins it into a lie. You have to give the President a lot of credit when the left wing media engages in episodes of craziness every day. No other President in history (with the possible exception of Lincoln) has been subject to such an angry media onslaught.

Where is the check from Mexico to pay for the wall?

President Trump always said that Mexico will help pay for the wall *OR* there will be repercussions like tariffs, etc.

Next.
He said Mexico will pay for the wall "100%" -- he said nothing about help, or indirect payments thru tariffs -- especially when the cost of those tariffs get shifted back on us.

Do you spit or swallow?

You mean except the quote I just gave as well as many campaign speeches where he said the same thing?

Taking away jobs from them is another good way to punish them.

How does punishing them pay for the wall?

Forum List

Back