Liberals, what has Trump lied about?

One of liberals favorite things to say about Trump is that all he does is lie. He lies, his administration lies, and then he lies some more. Lies, lies, lies.

If you're old enough to remember the Bush years, liberals pretty much said the same thing about him. Everything he ever uttered was a LIE.

Quick question: why doesn't anyone ever go into all the "lies" Trump tells? I know there are lists out there that say stuff like "Trump has told 3,081 lies since he took office", but I can tell you now that's bullshit. If you bean count every inaccurate statement he or someone in his administration makes, you may be able to find a myriad of untruths, but 1) that's petty, 2) that's "cheating" (I'll explain in a second), and 3) those aren't necessarily lies.

Let's be clear about a lie is, because words have meaning. A lie is when you knowingly state a falsehood as a statement of fact. A lie isn't simply when you get something wrong or when you're mistaken about something or even when you're wrong about something you "should" know.

It's cute for news organizations to act as though they're keeping Trump honest by pointing out his lies. In theory, that's what the Fourth Estate is for: keeping honest those in power. But they know, like we know, like Trump knows, most people aren't hanging on to every word or assertion he makes and then filing away whether it was factually correct or not.

One could argue that the truth always matters, but it's not always relevant. People care whether Trump intends on trying to build a wall; they don't care about whether Trump was right when he said Washington Post journalists want to strike unless Jeff Bezos pays them more.

It's easy to ding Trump and his administration for lies when they often have to address questions off the cuff or before all the facts are known, while reporters can sit around and Google and "fact-check" all day and score points that way. And I think the media is making the same mistake they've always made with Trump: they don't take him seriously, but insist on taking him literally. Because why would Trump say one thing to the press on Tuesday, and say the exact opposite on Wednesday? Like, on a habitual basis? Either he's trolling, he speaks off the cuff about subjects he hasn't really thought through, or people looking to catch him in a lie are trying to find an inconsistency where there really is none.

Liberals, tell me some important Trump "lies". And fair warning: I'm thorough. So if you think you're going to go copypasta some list you found on fuckdrumpf.com and think I'm not going to fact-check it or call you out when it's bullshit, think again.

If there's a site called fuckdrumpf.com, I bet it's got millions of followers by now.
It's not hard to find an updated list of Trump's lies.
This list has clickable links to the source and proof.
Enjoy, dipshit ----this is just from 2017.

he said the greatest speech....how do you know it wasn't?
He said that the President of the Scouts personally called him and told him that. He lied. If you like his policies, fine; but don’t pretend that he doesn’t tell lies.

WaPo gave Trump four Pinocchios for saying crime in Germany has risen 10%. In the article, they cited a couple-year-old study done in Germany that said violent crime had increased... w a i t f o r i t... 10% !

Lol the reason for the four Pinocchio rating is bc a study they cited claimed crime (not specified as violent) in Germany is at a thirty year low.

Moral of this story? WaPo and the like will make Trump look as bad as possible even when unwarranted. Also WaPo doesn’t think their readership is too bright considering they provided a statistic to back up Trump’s statement whilst dubbing that statement a bald-faced lie.

It’s not my thread, dipshit. Talk to the op who asked for proof of Donald’s lies

So...it's the op's fault that you posted "Trumps big fat lie"?
The op asked; I and many others delivered. Do you not understand how this works? Are you that retarded, asshole, or do you just find it impossible to admit any fault with Donald?

One of liberals favorite things to say about Trump is that all he does is lie. He lies, his administration lies, and then he lies some more. Lies, lies, lies.

If you're old enough to remember the Bush years, liberals pretty much said the same thing about him. Everything he ever uttered was a LIE.

Quick question: why doesn't anyone ever go into all the "lies" Trump tells? I know there are lists out there that say stuff like "Trump has told 3,081 lies since he took office", but I can tell you now that's bullshit. If you bean count every inaccurate statement he or someone in his administration makes, you may be able to find a myriad of untruths, but 1) that's petty, 2) that's "cheating" (I'll explain in a second), and 3) those aren't necessarily lies.

Let's be clear about a lie is, because words have meaning. A lie is when you knowingly state a falsehood as a statement of fact. A lie isn't simply when you get something wrong or when you're mistaken about something or even when you're wrong about something you "should" know.

It's cute for news organizations to act as though they're keeping Trump honest by pointing out his lies. In theory, that's what the Fourth Estate is for: keeping honest those in power. But they know, like we know, like Trump knows, most people aren't hanging on to every word or assertion he makes and then filing away whether it was factually correct or not.

One could argue that the truth always matters, but it's not always relevant. People care whether Trump intends on trying to build a wall; they don't care about whether Trump was right when he said Washington Post journalists want to strike unless Jeff Bezos pays them more.

It's easy to ding Trump and his administration for lies when they often have to address questions off the cuff or before all the facts are known, while reporters can sit around and Google and "fact-check" all day and score points that way. And I think the media is making the same mistake they've always made with Trump: they don't take him seriously, but insist on taking him literally. Because why would Trump say one thing to the press on Tuesday, and say the exact opposite on Wednesday? Like, on a habitual basis? Either he's trolling, he speaks off the cuff about subjects he hasn't really thought through, or people looking to catch him in a lie are trying to find an inconsistency where there really is none.

Liberals, tell me some important Trump "lies". And fair warning: I'm thorough. So if you think you're going to go copypasta some list you found on fuckdrumpf.com and think I'm not going to fact-check it or call you out when it's bullshit, think again.

If there's a site called fuckdrumpf.com, I bet it's got millions of followers by now.
It's not hard to find an updated list of Trump's lies.
This list has clickable links to the source and proof.
Enjoy, dipshit ----this is just from 2017.

See this is the issue lets look at the first one

JAN. 21, 2017.“I wasn't a fan of Iraq. I didn't want to go into Iraq.” (He was for an invasion before he was against it.)

Trump repeats wrong claim that he opposed Iraq War

Trump has a hard time getting past a September 2002 interview with shock jock Howard Stern. Stern asked Trump if he supported the looming invasion.

Trump responded, "Yeah, I guess so."

Trump dialed that back a bit in another interview in January 2003, a few months before the invasion. Fox News’ Neil Cavuto asked Trump whether President George W. Bush should be more focused on Iraq or the economy.

"Well, he has either got to do something or not do something, perhaps, because perhaps shouldn't be doing it yet and perhaps we should be waiting for the United Nations, you know," Trump said. "He's under a lot of pressure. I think he's doing a very good job. But, of course, if you look at the polls, a lot of people are getting a little tired. I think the Iraqi situation is a problem. And I think the economy is a much bigger problem as far as the president is concerned."

So Trump put the economy ahead of confronting Iraq, but he didn’t speak against going to war. At most he suggested waiting for the United Nations to do something.

Yep, that is hardcore support.......It seems like he was for it but not really for it.

Again, you guys act like he was gung ho.....he wasn't for the war......Yeah I guess so is code word for I don't like Mexican but since you like it I'll go........

Let's see, 252 vs 1726. But president Obama lied more.

Is this some.kinda conservative only math or what?

Not it's real math not the fantasy math of Neo-Marxist Trump haters.
Ok, so explain to me this "real math" where 252 is greater than 1726.

I'll wait. Use diagrams if needed.

Your 1728 is inflated because you hate Trump and have TDS so you find stats to support your POV. Simple really. You can find 'stats' on anything these days and you can find a lot of MSM to make up supposed lies by Trump. Trump is President because the majority of geographic America voted for him. What's your fucking problem?

I have a problem with dishonest people like you and your shitty president. You make a claim, can't back it up so you deflect. You got nothing, so be quiet. Whatever will you do when the Orange Virus is impeached? Blame Hillary? Dumbass.
Because they stuff you say Trump lied about, wasn't a lie dumbass.
you guys can distinguish nuance at all, you guys apparently don't get sarcasm, mockery and other attemps of humor.
When Trump says it's a hundred degrees outside you guys go fact check and say AH HA!!!! it's only 99.4 degrees...Trump is a liar....so go shut the fuck up.
No, Trump will say it was 100 degrees and was the hottest day on record

Fact checking will show it was actually 88 degrees and the hottest day was actually 111 degrees

Trump will stick to 100 degrees and the hottest day ever

Here's a fairly complete list.

Donald Trump has said 1726 false things as U.S. president

It's starts on inauguration day with "it looked like rain" and "even the media said the crowd was massive" and goes right on through to "Washington Post employees want to go on strike because Bezos isn’t paying them enough. I think a really long strike would be a great idea" which was said a couple.of days ago.

Enjoy, it's a looooong read.

Obama lied more. Go pound salt.
Got a list?
252 Documented Examples of Barack Obama’s Lying, Lawbreaking, Corruption, Cronyism, etc.

The following is a contribution from Dan from Squirrel Hill. The original title of the article is “Obama supporters will go hysterical over this well sourced list of 252 examples of his lying, lawbreaking, corruption, cronyism, etc.” it’s lengthy, but is a ‘one-stop shop’ for all the dirty details on the Obama presidency.

If you actually read the fact-checks of these supposed 1726 lies you’d see that, for a sizable portion of them, so-called “journalists” twist things however much they have to in order to call what was said a lie.

Here’s some light reading of the inaccuracies of one such fact check: ‘Washington Post’ Fact Check On Trump & Obama Immigration Policies Severely Flawed [Opinion]

The good news? They’re getting sloppy, by citing studies that prove Trump’s statement had merit whilst assigning him four Pinocchios.

Analysis | President Trump’s claim that crime is up in Germany

Has Trump lied as POTUS? Yep. Has he told 1726 lies? I highly, highly doubt it. But hey, if the obviously anti-Trump media says so, it must be true, right?

Got a list?
252 Documented Examples of Barack Obama’s Lying, Lawbreaking, Corruption, Cronyism, etc.

The following is a contribution from Dan from Squirrel Hill. The original title of the article is “Obama supporters will go hysterical over this well sourced list of 252 examples of his lying, lawbreaking, corruption, cronyism, etc.” it’s lengthy, but is a ‘one-stop shop’ for all the dirty details on the Obama presidency.

No math needed given the media (people supplying these stats) seek to ruin Trump and protected Obama. That’s just a fact (with the exception of Fox News).

Your 1728 is inflated because you hate Trump and have TDS so you find stats to support your POV. Simple really. You can find 'stats' on anything these days and you can find a lot of MSM to make up supposed lies by Trump.
Lol, so no math involved then. You're wrong, you know you're wrong, and are yellow ng loudly because you got called on it.

Please continue, it's mildly amusing to watch you squirm.

You asked me and I told you. Your list is mostly fake.
Yeah....nope. Feel free to point out some of the lies you think are fake though. I'll be happy to set you straight.

You see everything through anti-Trump glasses, so what’s the point? When a publication claims a lie has been told whilst providing data that supports the claim they’re calling a lie... that’s what’s called a red flag. If you’re a sensible person, something like this would give you pause. If you’re not sensible and just want to be told you’re right even when you might not be, you yourself become a liar.

Most of the supposed Trump 'lies' are not lies either.

That’s what the Trump haters refuse to understand. They think just bc their side says he told 1726 lies, he told 1726 lies. If they bothered getting into specifics AND looked at things objectively they’d see they’re being played.

I mean, I’m sure if Fox News claimed Obama told 1200 lies they’d believe it no question... that’s what they expect us to do—believe Trump told 1726 lies bc a press who hates him says so.

No math needed given the media (people supplying these stats) seek to ruin Trump and protected Obama. That’s just a fact (with the exception of Fox News).
The media takes it too easy on Trump

The things he has said and his blatant lying would have ruined anyone else’s political career

"I'm going to be working for you; I'm not going to have time to go play golf,"

That’s not even a lie. It’s a prediction that happened to be inaccurate—not the same as a lie, unless it came from Trump’s mouth of course...

That was a promise he made when running for President
Given that he played golf his first weekend as President it proves to be a lie as he never intended to keep his promise

Fascinating.

Does it matter to you when Trump lies?

No, just like it didn't matter to me when Obama lied. I was just posting the same kind of shit that the butt-hurters post. Trump is President. Get over it.
Doesn’t justify his inability to tell the truth
Yes, he is our President, which means he is accountable for the actions that impact his credibility

He has none
I don't think you are allowed to use the words "tRump" and "credibility" in the same sentence unless they are separated by the two words "has no".
But your fat assed orange hero can use childish names & you love it.

I get it.
Ummm. Whut?

Your 1728 is inflated because you hate Trump and have TDS so you find stats to support your POV. Simple really. You can find 'stats' on anything these days and you can find a lot of MSM to make up supposed lies by Trump. Trump is President because the majority of geographic America voted for him. What's your fucking problem?

I have a problem with dishonest people like you and your shitty president. You make a claim, can't back it up so you deflect. You got nothing, so be quiet. Whatever will you do when the Orange Virus is impeached? Blame Hillary? Dumbass.
Because they stuff you say Trump lied about, wasn't a lie dumbass.
you guys can distinguish nuance at all, you guys apparently don't get sarcasm, mockery and other attemps of humor.
When Trump says it's a hundred degrees outside you guys go fact check and say AH HA!!!! it's only 99.4 degrees...Trump is a liar....so go shut the fuck up.
Please pick anything on the list I posted and prove it isn't a lie.

Here's a fairly complete list.

Donald Trump has said 1726 false things as U.S. president

It's starts on inauguration day with "it looked like rain" and "even the media said the crowd was massive" and goes right on through to "Washington Post employees want to go on strike because Bezos isn’t paying them enough. I think a really long strike would be a great idea" which was said a couple.of days ago.

Enjoy, it's a looooong read.

Got a list?

If you actually read the fact-checks of these supposed 1726 lies you’d see that, for a sizable portion of them, so-called “journalists” twist things however much they have to in order to call what was said a lie.

Here’s some light reading of the inaccuracies of one such fact check: ‘Washington Post’ Fact Check On Trump & Obama Immigration Policies Severely Flawed [Opinion]

The good news? They’re getting sloppy, by citing studies that prove Trump’s statement had merit whilst assigning him four Pinocchios.

Analysis | President Trump’s claim that crime is up in Germany

Has Trump lied as POTUS? Yep. Has he told 1726 lies? I highly, highly doubt it. But hey, if the obviously anti-Trump media says so, it must be true, right?
Pick one and prove it.

No, that's hyperbole.

Forum List

Back