"Liberate Michigan"

I understand the protests against tyranny. I understand fighting against being told you have to stay home.

What I don't get is why those idiots have to be told to stay home. The experts, and I mean real experts in virology and communicative diseases, have said the best way to prevent our medical system from being overwhelmed is to stay home and practice social distancing. I'm not talking about Dr Phil here, but people who work at the CDC ect.

Those people screaming about being told what to do are threatening American lives. Why aren't they willing to stay home on their own? Why is the gov't forced to tell them they HAVE to stay home.

Spring breakers wanted to go to the beach. They did and there was a surge in COVID-19 cases.
South Dakota refused to quarantine, and now they are a new hotspot for COVID-19 cases.
How many of those people who decided attending church services were more important than listening to experts are now sick?

These spoiled little assholes demand that they be able to go to the bar, go boating on the lake, play at the beach.

And they take this shit back to people who have compromised immune system. To the elderly.

And they want to call that patriotic? Patriots like that are killing people. American citizens!

I understand the protests against tyranny. I understand fighting against being told you have to stay home.

What I don't get is why those idiots have to be told to stay home. The experts, and I mean real experts in virology and communicative diseases, have said the best way to prevent our medical system from being overwhelmed is to stay home and practice social distancing. I'm not talking about Dr Phil here, but people who work at the CDC ect.

Those people screaming about being told what to do are threatening American lives. Why aren't they willing to stay home on their own? Why is the gov't forced to tell them they HAVE to stay home.

Spring breakers wanted to go to the beach. They did and there was a surge in COVID-19 cases.
South Dakota refused to quarantine, and now they are a new hotspot for COVID-19 cases.
How many of those people who decided attending church services were more important than listening to experts are now sick?

These spoiled little assholes demand that they be able to go to the bar, go boating on the lake, play at the beach.

And they take this shit back to people who have compromised immune system. To the elderly.

And they want to call that patriotic? Patriots like that are killing people. American citizens!

The so-called "expert" models were way, way wrong. Americans see it and Americans can't be fooled.

So Americans are going to the beach, and Americans want to go back to work.

Not much more complicated than that, really.

The so-called "expert" models were way, way wrong. Americans see it and Americans can't be fooled.

The conservative media was way, way wrong

They told us this was a mere flu
They told us warm weather would make it go away
They told us to believe what Trump was saying

Wrong? Imagine using the info you have to estimate what will happen in the next few months with a new virus. And not getting the numbers exactly right. What a scandal.

I am an American. I have liked some presidents and disliked others. But this guy is a traitor and he poses a definite threat to the U.S. as a whole. It is astonishing that his followers wrap themselves up in the U.S. flag (as well as confederate traitor flags and nazi flags) and symbols of the Christian faith, yet truly aim to destroy our country.
It is frightening.

And it truly hurts, too. No matter what nation a person lives in, they are taught loyalty to it. I was raised to pledge allegiance to the U.S.A. I was raised Christian in a Christian family and I was taught to respect the religions of others. I was raised to be a loyal member of our community. When I was little, the adults raised money for a children's charity and an envelop was passed from door to door so that people put their money in and delivered it to the neighbors, all on the honor system. We went trick-or-treating with boxes for the UN children's fund.

trump and his followers are dedicated to tearing this all down and leaving nothing but chaos in its place. There is nothing sacred to them; not the nation, not the various religions adhered to by millions of our fine Americans, not the fellowship that we have with our neighbors. This is chilling.

BTW: I live in Virginia. This bastard better not try to cross the Potomac River.

Are you on crack?

Breakin' detention and on the run
I fought the law and the law won

I needed TP 'cause I had none

I miss the life that we once had
I guess my countries done
Cuz it was the best we ever had

My Congresscritters got a six-gun
They made the law and the law won
They made the law and the law won

Quarantines not much fun

I miss the life that we once had
I guess my countries done
Our liberties have all been had

~S~ w/apologies to Bobby Fuller

Because at this point, the cure is worse than the disease. Most people cannot go months without a paycheck!

Wrong? Imagine using the info you have to estimate what will happen in the next few months with a new virus. And not getting the numbers exactly right. What a scandal.

You're darn right with no sarcasm whatsoever if it causes 20 million people to LOSE THEIR JOBS and take to their homes for over a month. You're darn right, it is a scandal, and the longer you folks shame, chastise and batter people with this hyperbole, the bigger the scandal is going to be.

The conservative media was way, way wrong

They told us this was a mere flu
They told us warm weather would make it go away
They told us to believe what Trump was saying

I want to tell you something in all seriousness.

You Talking Points Spewers have picked your side and it's going to doom you in November. Just like Bill Maher said, Americans HATE negative messages. And Democrats have thrown in with Endless Quarantine, Pro-Virus, Nothing Will Ever Be the Same.

Oh listen. Good luck with that.

This seems to be something darker than the obvious stupidity on display.

An impotent Pres stirring up the gutter dwellers in his base to take direct and potentially life threatening action against fellow citizens.

I am not an expert on the US constitution but I am aware that some things are at the remit of the Pres and some things under control of the States. Tweeting anarchy is not a role that can be assigned to any of the players.

It looks like Trump has found a new weapon in his heroic fight for re-election. He has a private army of idiots at his command and able to bring the country to its knees.

The President is actively working against the interests of Americans and unless he reins in his loony mates there will be blood on the streets.

Trump is pushing the country to its limits.

Governors in most cases, but for xhe sake of discussion, Michigan specifically have emergency powers authorities written in their state Constitution. When the morons learn they can and will be charged criminally, pay huge fines, face imprisonment and lose their 2nd Amendment rights for being convicted felons they will slink off and disappear.

Article 9, Supremacy Clause. The State Constitution cannot take precedence over the US Constitution. You cannot be thrown in prison for redress of grievances, no matter what your crazy loon of a governor says.
Governments can restrict public assemblies for public safety concerns. Unless someone makes a challenge of State Constructions to the Supreme Court of the US and wins, you are pissing in the wind.

That's such a great election strategy too, Karen

Call people aholes for wanting to live their lives.

That's a sure fire winner, go with that

I am an American. I have liked some presidents and disliked others. But this guy is a traitor and he poses a definite threat to the U.S. as a whole. It is astonishing that his followers wrap themselves up in the U.S. flag (as well as confederate traitor flags and nazi flags) and symbols of the Christian faith, yet truly aim to destroy our country.
It is frightening.

And it truly hurts, too. No matter what nation a person lives in, they are taught loyalty to it. I was raised to pledge allegiance to the U.S.A. I was raised Christian in a Christian family and I was taught to respect the religions of others. I was raised to be a loyal member of our community. When I was little, the adults raised money for a children's charity and an envelop was passed from door to door so that people put their money in and delivered it to the neighbors, all on the honor system. We went trick-or-treating with boxes for the UN children's fund.

trump and his followers are dedicated to tearing this all down and leaving nothing but chaos in its place. There is nothing sacred to them; not the nation, not the various religions adhered to by millions of our fine Americans, not the fellowship that we have with our neighbors. This is chilling.

BTW: I live in Virginia. This bastard better not try to cross the Potomac River.
Their loyalty is to themselves. The cult of ME !!

I remember from history (not born yet) the way the UK united in solidarity during the blitz. Everybody in together. Everybody doing their part. Even (then) Princess Elizabeth worked in the motor pool, did she not? Now we face, and everybody faces across the world, a crisis that again requires "all hands on deck." That we Americans have to cope with this crisis without a national leader who can honestly unite us is almost too much to take. This is not a time to blame it all on the opposition party and hold up relief checks so that one's name can appear on it.

This seems to be something darker than the obvious stupidity on display.

An impotent Pres stirring up the gutter dwellers in his base to take direct and potentially life threatening action against fellow citizens.

I am not an expert on the US constitution but I am aware that some things are at the remit of the Pres and some things under control of the States. Tweeting anarchy is not a role that can be assigned to any of the players.

It looks like Trump has found a new weapon in his heroic fight for re-election. He has a private army of idiots at his command and able to bring the country to its knees.

The President is actively working against the interests of Americans and unless he reins in his loony mates there will be blood on the streets.

Trump is pushing the country to its limits.

Governors in most cases, but for xhe sake of discussion, Michigan specifically have emergency powers authorities written in their state Constitution. When the morons learn they can and will be charged criminally, pay huge fines, face imprisonment and lose their 2nd Amendment rights for being convicted felons they will slink off and disappear.

Article 9, Supremacy Clause. The State Constitution cannot take precedence over the US Constitution. You cannot be thrown in prison for redress of grievances, no matter what your crazy loon of a governor says.
Governments can restrict public assemblies for public safety concerns. Unless someone makes a challenge of State Constructions to the Supreme Court of the US and wins, you are pissing in the wind.

You already lost and you know it. Just back away

It is frightening.

I remember from history (not born yet) the way the UK united in solidarity during the blitz. Everybody in together. Everybody doing their part. Even (then) Princess Elizabeth worked in the motor pool, did she not? Now we face, and everybody faces across the world, a crisis that again requires "all hands on deck." That we Americans have to cope with this crisis without a national leader who can honestly unite us is almost too much to take. This is not a time to blame it all on the opposition party and hold up relief checks so that one's name can appear on it.

The Nazis were a credible threat to everyone.

Your virus is a bust, dearheart, and Americans can see it, sorry

It is frightening.

somebody had to post it Sue.....

~S~

It is frightening.

somebody had to post it Sue.....

~S~

THANK YOU...I love these and this one was great. "You get a virus, you get a virus, you get a virus!" I laughed out loud through the whole thing

It is frightening.

Most Americans are staying home, as most Americans have brains. ~~~Mod Edit: Lay off the drinking and posting! You aren't doing yourself any favors by hurling lame insults at members here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back