🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Limbaugh's weaker than water "apology"

No. I don't think it's a stretch at all. She left herself open to some misinterpretation. But since she was pontificating as a representative of an advocacy group, I think it's fair to read her a bit more literally. And in that vein, with the exception of the portion I highlighted, she was clearly talking about other women.

The import of what she was advocating (whether she is sexually hyper active or totally celibate) is still facially absurd. But that's a different kettle of fish.

OK... I see what ya mean now. The trees were in the way of the forest :tongue:

I still dont like it though.

I dont want to pay for it.... period.

As a general rule of thumb, it is not prudent to take anything said by a militant hack like Salt Peter at face value.

In his particular instance, however, I have to note that he has a bit of a point. There is one line in her testimony which makes it possible to assume that she was talking about women, including herself.

But, read in it's entirety (I prefer the written format over the video), it does appear that she spoke almost entirely of OTHER women.

Here's a handy link to a full transcript. Transcript: Sandra Fluke testifies on why women should be allowed access to contraception and reproductive health care | What The Folly?!

Damn.... thats a stretch, but OK.

No. I don't think it's a stretch at all. She left herself open to some misinterpretation. But since she was pontificating as a representative of an advocacy group, I think it's fair to read her a bit more literally. And in that vein, with the exception of the portion I highlighted, she was clearly talking about other women.

The import of what she was advocating (whether she is sexually hyper active or totally celibate) is still facially absurd. But that's a different kettle of fish.

There's no "misinterpretation". Just a bunch of lazy, non reading asshats. Rush knew she didn't say that, but he also knew his listeners were to lazy to research the topic for themselves.

There's no "misinterpretation".

Yep... you are so right.

What I heard is this..... 'please America pay for something else for me'

Yep, no "misinterpretation" there at all.

There's no "misinterpretation". Just a bunch of lazy, non reading asshats. Rush knew she didn't say that, but he also knew his listeners were to lazy to research the topic for themselves.

And yet, what she is advocating (part of the Obama Acorn Advocacy Network, clearly) is fucking ridiculous on its face.

And when you scratch the surface, the dumb just keeps on coming.

The amount of posts on this thread in such a short amount of time shows one thing for sure. That is Rush Limbaugh stirs the passions on both sides of the isle, which is why he's so successful. Like it or not he is "doing what he was born to do":lol:

Convincing dumb white Christians to vote against their own econmic interests?

This whole thing is a joke...With everything else going on and this is what the Liberals, Democrats and their lapdog media want to focus on..

As for Carbonite statement, there was nothing Courageous about this Fluke going up to testify..What made her some EXPERT on all this in the first place...Like said, this whole thing was a joke to begin with

Last edited:
Why do you people make such a big deal of what this guy says?

He's just another talking head after all

Media
March 29, 2011

Maher Refuses to Apologize for Calling Palin C-Word

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Bill Maher is asked if he regrets calling Michele Bachmann a bimbo and Sarah Palin the "c-word" and "dumb twat." His response:

"Well, you know, I've been through this so many times. There's a lot of people in America who have, of course, nothing to do except look for something to get mad at. And I've been a frequent target and I'm happy to provide that service. So, you know, I always say, as I've said many times in these kind of situations, if I hurt somebody's feelings, I'm always sorry about that, I'm not trying to hurt somebody's feelings. But if you want me to say I'm sorry what I said was wrong, no, sorry, I can't go there."

from
Maher Refuses to Apologize for Calling Palin C-Word - Media - Fox Nation

Like clockwork, Rush once again demonstrates how much control he has over pretty much everyone by pulling out his long-successful playbook:

1. Say something inflammatory
2. Watch the Left go bonkers and talk about it at every freakin' opportunity, non-stop
3. Get massive publicity that never, ever could have been purchased with advertising
4. Keep it going during the show, knowing that people are listening for it
5. Wait a while to squeeze as much attention as possible
6. End it with a half-assed apology and/or explanation
7. Pat yourself on the back for a job well done
8. Get back to the show and look for another opportunity to inflame the Left again

So he loses a sponsor or two. Big deal. Do you really think that, in the grand scheme of things, that matters? How the hell do you think he got to where he is? Ya think he's gonna be homeless now?

I'm a First Amendment purist. Let people talk. I want to know who the crazies are, where they are, what they're thinking, and (most importantly) who agrees with them. The First Amendment isn't about speech you like, it's about speech you don't like. Think it through and use it to your advantage, let 'em talk.

Sheesh, this guy can get millions of dollars worth of publicity with a few simple words. Astonishing.

Last edited:
Liberals are like little sheep..
The Democrats and the media play them BIG time and they follow them right over the cliff all the while baaaing about how outraged they are and calling to take away peoples Freedoms of Speech

Has Rush Limbaugh EVER apologized before? I certainly can't remember it ever happening.

I wonder how his dittoheads who defended him are going to take this.

Women are noticing the things he is saying. Let's hope they remember this in November.

You bet they will!

They'll never vote for Rush for President. :lol:

have your candidates come out and called him on it?

or do they agree women should "put an aspirin between their knees"? :eusa_whistle:

Media
March 29, 2011

Bill Maher is asked if he regrets calling Michele Bachmann a bimbo and Sarah Palin the "c-word" and "dumb twat." His response:

"Well, you know, I've been through this so many times. There's a lot of people in America who have, of course, nothing to do except look for something to get mad at. And I've been a frequent target and I'm happy to provide that service. So, you know, I always say, as I've said many times in these kind of situations, if I hurt somebody's feelings, I'm always sorry about that, I'm not trying to hurt somebody's feelings. But if you want me to say I'm sorry what I said was wrong, no, sorry, I can't go there."

from

Maher is on a cable show no one actualy watches.

When he said offensive things after 9/11, they cancelled his show on ABC.

The amount of posts on this thread in such a short amount of time shows one thing for sure. That is Rush Limbaugh stirs the passions on both sides of the isle, which is why he's so successful. Like it or not he is "doing what he was born to do":lol:

Convincing dumb white Christians to vote against their own econmic interests?

You far-left drones sure do love that meaningless slogan. Do you get paid extra every time you use it?

Media
March 29, 2011

from

Maher is on a cable show no one actualy watches.

When he said offensive things after 9/11, they cancelled his show on ABC.

Yes, and Rush is on a radio show that people DON'T have to listen too..
this is the lapdog liberal media driven Faux outrage..
wake up people, the lamestream media is NOT our friends

Forum List

Back