🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

List all the reasons why we need a Federal Government

Excuse me? From what I'm reading here, the federal government had very little hand in the Texas Revolution, other than 200 members of the US Army, who volunteered. The majority of aid came from private citizens.

"Mexican authorities blamed the loss of Texas on United States intervention.[276] Although the United States remained officially neutral,[303] 40 percent of the men who enlisted in the Texian army from October 1 through April 21 arrived from the United States after hostilities began.[304] More than 200 of the volunteers were members of the United States Army; none were punished when they returned to their posts.[303] American individuals also provided supplies and money to the cause of Texian independence.[305] For the next decade, Mexican politicians frequently denounced the United States for the involvement of its citizens.[306]

Texas Revolution - Wikipedia
Excuse me? Texas was "annexed" by the Federal Gov.

How does the Czech Republic do it?

How does Italy do it?

How does Japan do it?

I wasn't aware they don't have armies. I'm not sure what you're asking me. How do they do what? Hint, they all have armies. Bonus, their armies are all smaller because the US defends them for free. But they don't have no army. They should be paying a lot more for their own defense

You don't know what a minarchist is

A real minarchist believes that even reducing society to city-state level governments is sufficient, so you arguing against getting rid of the Federal Government in favor of State Government control?

That makes no damn sense. Especially if you believe the only need for a military is JUST DEFENSE.

The optimal minarchist organization was the Greek City State confederation. Most minarchists I know, believe even state level government is too big, but, pragmatically, that is the smallest unit of government that is necessary to field an effective military.

Even Israel can field a military. If they can, any State in this union could field a military.

No military
No Federal road system
No Federal farm subsidies
No Federal grants
No Federal Social Security
No Federal Banks
No Federal Banking regulation
No Medicare
No Uniform standards of weights and measures.
No border patrol
No passports
No FEMA
No FAA - air chaos
Just think....if Texas were to actually secede instead of just whining, they could run all that stuff for themselves. And the rest of the US could do a happy dance. :dance:

when he had no proof
iu

1. Defense of Borders.
  2. Foreign wars and/or defense against foreign threats.
That's about it. Joe Biden isn't doing either.

Biden is a perfect example of how the federal government abuses the power we gave them, while neglecting to do their job. If this had been 250 years ago, that asshole would have been strung up by the neck, as well as everyone in his cabinet.

The city states were conquered by Rome. Then they were conquered by the Northern Barbarian tribes. Then they were conquered by the Turks. Now they are part of a nation, backed by NATO.

Yeah, that NATO is doing a real fine job of preventing war in Europe, aren't they? :laughing0301:

Yep, that's just exactly what I was thinking........Ports, all manner of infrastructure, and a above average IQ (101.2) work force.......We would do just fine on our own. ;)

Texas can take their 97 average IQ and muddle through things the best they can. :laughing0301:
I imagine life without you worthless Viginnies. Paradise....
:cul2:

I can think of NOT ONE SINGLE REASON, but I am willing to entertain any suggestions.

Go...
Constitutionally the federal government is intended:

--to provide the common defense and security against all enemies, domestic and foreign.

--to determine what our relationship and treaty obligations to other nations will be.

--to enforce such laws/regulation/policy that secures the principles of the Constitution and its amendments and allows the various states to function as one seamless nation and share necessary resources (such as rivers, aquifers etc.) without doing material, economic or physical violence to each other .

--to provide a common currency, national postal service, and in the interest of the general welfare regulate substances/products that come into the country from elsewhere and/or cross state lines.

--essentially do what contributes to the general welfare, i.e. EVERYBODY'S welfare as opposed to ideological dogma, special interests or targeted groups, that is beneficial to all and that the various states cannot reasonably do for themselves should they choose to do so.

That's pretty much it. Everything else was intended to be left to the states to do as they chose to do which is what liberty is.

Biden is a perfect example of how the federal government abuses the power we gave them, while neglecting to do their job. If this had been 250 years ago, that asshole would have been strung up by the neck, as well as everyone in his cabinet.

I prefer a tree shredder, feet first. Now the bastard has opened up our nuclear labs to chinese spies.

And McTurtle?

Image result for mitch mcconnell

Last edited:
After Texas became and independent Republic. Yet one more reason not to have a strong centralized federal government. You can't just take something because you believe you're entitled to it.
I was correct. The rest by you is nonsense.

Forum List

Back