🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

List all the reasons why we need a Federal Government

See, we even have that covered once we kick the wokeness out of them....Same with UVA.

Yes Sir, a paradise indeed.....All you people have are mega subdivisions, big HS football stadiums, and scrubland.
When the shit goes down, we will welcome you with open arms. And you know you'll be here.

That's good since you don't know what a statist is.
A minarchist is a statist who can't bring himself to admit it.
You're just into hyperbole now and abusing the definiton of words for political posturing.

Have a good one and I'll catch you in the next discussion until you decide in that one to not be serious like you are here not being serious here on this one
I'm serious as a heart attack.

They literally would not be able to stop Canada
SO?

You ADMIT, the British crown is STILL the source of all aggressive spooks and military action on the planet? hmmmmm. . .

Very interesting.

:eusa_think:

Maybe the US should just invade Canada and break that shit up before the states dissolve then?

:dunno:

Problem solved.

A minarchist is a statist who can't bring himself to admit it.

I'm serious as a heart attack.

Whether or not you're "serious," you are incapable of explaining how your system would work or answering questions about it other than giving me cartoons and as your first sentence shows you are a propagandist who misuses words.

Oddball: Duh, dar, burp, drool, a "statist" is someone who believes in the existence of a state.

No, that isn't what it means. Have a good one

The only thing i support the fed gov doing is military, immigration and roads.
Roads can be done with the private sector better and cheaper.
If we were to be attacked, the states could come together, as they would.
Immigration can be done by each state.
Nope, cant think of any reason.
The Constitution tells us what the Federal government can and can't do. It has been abandoned.

The Founding Fathers told us the duty of the federal government in two sentences "To provide for the common defense"- "To promote the general welfare". The Civil War settled the issue of states rights vs federal authority and federal authority won. Try to fix it if you feel up to it but that's the way it is and whining won't help.

Excuse me? From what I'm reading here, the federal government had very little hand in the Texas Revolution, other than 200 members of the US Army, who volunteered. The majority of aid came from private citizens.

"Mexican authorities blamed the loss of Texas on United States intervention.[276] Although the United States remained officially neutral,[303] 40 percent of the men who enlisted in the Texian army from October 1 through April 21 arrived from the United States after hostilities began.[304] More than 200 of the volunteers were members of the United States Army; none were punished when they returned to their posts.[303] American individuals also provided supplies and money to the cause of Texian independence.[305] For the next decade, Mexican politicians frequently denounced the United States for the involvement of its citizens.[306]

Texas Revolution - Wikipedia
You are correct. While Sam Houston was forming a new government for the Republic of Texas, Santa Anna and the Mexican army was focused on taking the Alamo defended by roughly 200 patriotic Texans. Houston would then lead his own rag tag army against Santa Anna and prevailed at San Jacinto. When captured, Santa Anna conceded victory to the Texans and the Mexicans gave up.

The people of the Republic of Texas petitioned to join the USA from the beginning, but due to opposition of annexing a slave state, it would be roughly another decade before President Polk and the U.S. Congress would make Texas the 28th state. Until it became a state, the U.S. government gave little or no help to Texas in its revolution or struggles as a young republic.

Forum List

Back