🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

List all the reasons why we need a Federal Government

The city states were conquered by Rome. Then they were conquered by the Northern Barbarian tribes. Then they were conquered by the Turks. Now they are part of a nation, backed by NATO.
Agreed.

That is why it doesn't work when there are stronger more vicious and corrupt governments and empires out there.

The very hypothesis of the thread, is that we are at a point in human history, where humanity has evolved beyond just conquering, enslaving and robbing his neighbor's resources.

Anyone who supports larger organizations of government? Tends to be more corrupt and evil, generally. Your accounting of history has shown, that the smaller and weaker organizations of government, are always the most virtuous and noble, because they are more directly accountable to the citizens who control it.

However, it also informs us that larger governments are always more corrupt, because of they are more attendant with rules, regulations, with more parasites, corruption and more graft.

That is the whole reason for this thread.

It has since 1950.

So NATO refused to prevent Russia from invading Ukraine because they wouldn't let them join NATO because of "corruption issues"? Even though Croatia is a NATO member, and one of the most corrupt countries in Europe, along with Greece?

A real minarchist believes that even reducing society to city-state level governments is sufficient, so you arguing against getting rid of the Federal Government in favor of State Government control?

That makes no damn sense. Especially if you believe the only need for a military is JUST DEFENSE.

The optimal minarchist organization was the Greek City State confederation. Most minarchists I know, believe even state level government is too big, but, pragmatically, that is the smallest unit of government that is necessary to field an effective military.

Even Israel can field a military. If they can, any State in this union could field a military.

A "real minarchist?" This is a true Scotsman fallacy. Your "definition" is way too specific, it's an example of minarchy, not the "definition."

The Founding Fathers were minarchists. I am pretty close to their definition of government.

If minarchists weren't OK with a Federal military, then we'd just be anarchists

I imagine life without you worthless Viginnies. Paradise....
:cul2:
Well at least we should be able to come up with another great POTUS once NOtVA is ceded to MD.

I mean there's TX, the biggest state in the lower 48 and the best you people could come up with was LBJ and W....Come on man.

Hell, you had to get a Virginian to run your short-lived Republic for ya and he was a drunk......Pitiful, just pitiful. :laughing0301:

Prove Texas would go broke in 3 months flat.

GO.

Texas would probably sustain itself, barely Texas in the mid range of taker states vs maker states.

The states to be concerned about is Idaho, Mississippi, Alabama, west Virginia, Louisiana and a few others.

Texas would probably sustain itself, barely Texas in the mid range of taker states vs maker states.

The states to be concerned about is Idaho, Mississippi, Alabama, west Virginia, Louisiana and a few others.
Well Virginia would be willing to take back W. Virginia, that way we could leave NOtVA be so they can keep shitting those golden tax eggs for the rest of the Republic of Virginia. ;)

So NATO refused to prevent Russia from invading Ukraine because they wouldn't let them join NATO because of "corruption issues"? Even though Croatia is a NATO member, and one of the most corrupt countries in Europe, along with Greece?

How should they have done that?

Instead they gave Ukraine the tools to kick Russias ass

No, you were not correct. You stated "If the Federal Gov didn't step in Texas would be Mexico today", which was a fallacy. I provided proof that debunked your ignorant statement. You can have your own opinions, but you can't make up your own facts.
Texas wouldn't be a State unless the annexation in 1845.

I will repost since the hard questions seem to have been ignored:

See my above post....Virginia recombined with W. Virginia would be a powerhouse. Hell Ohio and Kentucky might want to get back to their Virginia roots too. ;)

R.3e6003e69eacd2c0f69a3ecb66fbf309

Well at least we should be able to come up with another great POTUS once NOtVA is ceded to MD.

I mean there's TX, the biggest state in the lower 48 and the best you people could come up with was LBJ and W....Come on man.

Hell, you had to get a Virginian to run your short-lived Republic for ya and he was a drunk......Pitiful, just pitiful. :laughing0301:
The only thing good about Virginia (other than Thomas Jefferson and George Washington) is that it has 2 of the 6 Senior Military Colleges.
:beer:

The only thing good about Virginia (other than Thomas Jefferson and George Washington) is that it has 2 of the 6 Senior Military Colleges.
:beer:
See, we even have that covered once we kick the wokeness out of them....Same with UVA.

Yes Sir, a paradise indeed.....All you people have are mega subdivisions, big HS football stadiums, and scrubland.

Forum List

Back