Lithium clay, now can be a major source for lithium, and make the US a primary supplier

Old Rocks

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2008
Portland, Ore.
Tesla's patent for processing lithium clay is a breakthrough. The McDermitt Caldera alone could supply most of the lithium needs of the US. And there are other areas that have the same kinds of clay. Here is a somewhat technical explanation of Tesla's process;

The huge deposit in the McDermitt Caldera has already been measured, and there are other similar areas in Nevada and Oregon.

"Lithium Nevada says it will start mining at Thacker Pass in 2022, initially producing about 30,000 metric tons of lithium carbonate. It will begin production on its second phase in 2025, doubling that number. Officials say it will provide 25% of the world's lithium and will have a mine life of at least 46 years."

"But the big news is that Tesla plans to secure the lithium itself.

The CEO confirmed that it acquired a lithium claim in Nevada:

“We got rights to a lithium claim deposit in Nevada – over 10,000 acres.”
Nevada is known to have a large reserve of lithium that is still not being exploited in volume."

Tesla's patent for processing lithium clay is a breakthrough. The McDermitt Caldera alone could supply most of the lithium needs of the US. And there are other areas that have the same kinds of clay. Here is a somewhat technical explanation of Tesla's process;

Biden will smack this down to protect his Chinese masters.

Biden will smack this down to protect his Chinese masters.
You are totally full of shit. President Biden will encourage to switch to EV's as much as possible. And he is not owned by a foreign nation like that treasonous Trump was owned by Russia. The problem is that the previous administration and the Cult of Trump, formerly the GOP, has opposed any development of EV's, and let China take the lead. People like you are so deluded and ignorant.

wow liberals are for strip mining
they should start a lithium mine in san francisco
why don't liberal care about the minor miners in africa?

lithiummineskjfsekjhakd.jpg

lithiumminorminers.jpg

wow liberals are for strip mining
they should start a lithium mine in san francisco
why don't liberal care about the minor miners in africa?

View attachment 515966
View attachment 515971
Gotta love assholes who never gave a shit about these kids until they learned that cobalt was used in batteries that power EV's. But you have no objections to the Tar Sand Mines in Canada, or the coal strip mines and mountaintop removal mines in the US. Your objections have nothing to do with humanity, but rather the support of fossil fuel corporations. By the way, most companies that produce batteries of any kind are trying to do away with the use of cobalt as it is very expensive, no matter how or where mined. And we will soon be mining all the lithium we need right here in the US in an environmentally safe manner.

Wait.......liberals are going to allow mining in the US? LOL!

You are totally full of shit. President Biden will encourage to switch to EV's as much as possible. And he is not owned by a foreign nation like that treasonous Trump was owned by Russia. The problem is that the previous administration and the Cult of Trump, formerly the GOP, has opposed any development of EV's, and let China take the lead. People like you are so deluded and ignorant.

Red Joe will encourage it only if it benefits his Chinese owners. He opposes US independence in every way possible, hence his order forcing us back to reliance on his middle eastern partners' oil.

Red Joe will encourage it only if it benefits his Chinese owners. He opposes US independence in every way possible, hence his order forcing us back to reliance on his middle eastern partners' oil.
LOL So you like kissing Trump's ass, and in doing so, kissing Putin's ass by proxy. The only reason that you are posting this nonsense is that you are trying to excuse your guilt concerning supporting the treasonous orange clown. President Biden will try to do what is best for the US, unlike the guy you support. So you are willing to lie and even support treason for your treasonous fat senile old orange clown.

LOL So you like kissing Trump's ass, and in doing so, kissing Putin's ass by proxy. The only reason that you are posting this nonsense is that you are trying to excuse your guilt concerning supporting the treasonous orange clown. President Biden will try to do what is best for the US, unlike the guy you support. So you are willing to lie and even support treason for your treasonous fat senile old orange clown.

Speaking of Putin, say hi to his errand girl for me!

1626981710019.png

Some environmental groups are trying to stop the mining as it will destroy the environment. Also, the mine is in an area that threatens Paiute and Shoshone land sovereignty. I know damn the Indians, we just give them land to take it away. There is a possible injunction to stop this mine, it could be damaging to the Sage Grouse. We will see but I figure big corporate America will win out over the Indians, the Grouse and the environment. When money talks, the environment walks.

Forum List

Back