Liz Cheney: The U.S. Is ‘Sleepwalking Into Dictatorship’

Republicans of course can do no wrong as far as you’re concerned.

Cheney by the way is a hard core Republican.

So it’s actually your Trump cult that can do no wrong
No, she isn't a hard core republican. She's trying to stay relevant. The only way she does that is move to another state like Romney did. Do you remember when he was governor of Massachusetts?

I really get tired of you right wingers and your games

Appeals court strikes down key tool used to enforce Voting Rights Act​

So like I said...

This particular court feels that Congress never intended for private plaintiffs the authority to sue in regards to the Voting Rights Act. While there has been precedent in doing so, that does not mean it was the intent of Congress. Sounds to me like there needs to be better language added to the Act to clarify. It will likely end up with the SCOTUS, and if they agree with this lower court, then it would simply be a matter of either clarifying the language, or pressuring your lawmakers to bring suit.

Let me know if Trump becomes president, when he orders separate drinking fountains.

This particular court feels that Congress never intended for private plaintiffs the authority to sue in regards to the Voting Rights Act. While there has been precedent in doing so, that does not mean it was the intent of Congress. Sounds to me like there needs to be better language added to the Act to clarify. It will likely end up with the SCOTUS, and if they agree with this lower court, then it would simply be a matter of either clarifying the language, or pressuring your lawmakers to bring suit.

Let me know if Trump becomes president, when he orders separate drinking fountains.
“Pressuring your lawmakers…” is not gonna happen.

The number of cases brought that way is in the single digits

Liz Chunky got her elective life crushed for being such a nasty bitch regarding Trump. You happen to mindlessly hate Trump too, so you slavishly adore Ms. Chunky.but here’s the thing. Nobody gives a shit.
She was willing to sacrifice her position to defend the real interests of our Republic. She was never a “nasty bitch.” That’s how you are acting now. Liz Cheney was an extremely conservative and powerful Republican who showed the necessary backbone when you mindless haters were too busy adoring your “Orange God” to think straight, when most Republican politicians — even those who knew much better — were proving they have no backbone whatever.

“So strong is the lure of power that men and women who had once seemed reasonable and responsible were suddenly willing to violate their oath to the Constitution out of political expediency and loyalty to Donald Trump”…

“We may have disagreed on pretty much everything else, but Nancy Pelosi and I saw eye to eye on the one thing that mattered more than any other: the defense of our Constitution and the preservation of our republic.”…

Cheney’s book ends with a warning:

“Trump has told us that he thinks the Constitution can and should be suspended when necessary, that what happened on Jan. 6 was justified, that in a second Trump presidency he would seek retribution… The assumption that our institutions will protect themselves is purely wishful thinking by people who prefer to look the other way.”…

“We have also now learned that most Republicans currently in Congress will do what Donald Trump asks, no matter what it is,” Cheney writes. “I am very sad to say that America can no longer count on a body of elected Republicans to protect our republic.”

Last edited:
1701555762110.png

Democracy was in play, and she lost....period. Wyoming settled that.
Of course, it wasn't because of anything I said, it was what SHE had said, and how SHE
carried herself in that circus.
Just what is wrong with you, IM2? Democracy at work and you're crying about it.
Tell me you are a stooge for the left.

Democracy wasn't in play but fraud most certainly was. The people of Wyoming were told that Donald Trump won the election and the Democrats cheated. When people are gaslighted and mislead, that's not democracy. That's fraud.

And again, you have no idea when you say “you trumpers” as I have exhaustedly stated that I’m not a “trumper” so….
Yet your behavior shows you are. So I don't believe you.

The latest from you is a prime example. Only a trump cultist thinks people criticize trump's behavior just because they "hate trump", instead of realizing that everyone despises Trump BECAUSE of his behavior.

The proof is in the pudding.

Forum List

Back