Lockdown Fans: What Is Your Endgame Plan?

People who want the lockdowns
Nobody wants them. Some of us just recognize their necessity. And the enormous peril of re-opening before we have certain protocols in place like the ability to test on a massive scale. Something the admin promised we would be able to do by now but failed again to come through.
We can't go another month with this lockdown or the economy will be destroyed.

Do you actually want another Great Depression?
:thankusmile: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

No one is a fan of the lockdowns. Some people just love their mothers, fathers, grandmothers and grandfathers and are not eager to sacrifice them to President Trump's reelection campaign.
Actually that's wrong. Plenty of TDS morons are fans of the lockdowns.

I couldn't care less about your grandma. If you don't her to get COVID-10, then keep her inside and away from people. The rest of us have bills to pay.
Deranged Trump supporters (DTS)like you are here arguing for a chance to go out, get infected, spread the infection and cause more infections and death.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :haha::haha::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

I’m advocating that we listen to the experts.
what do we consider to be experts?

virologists? epidemiologists ? regular doctors?

we could pick any one of ^^^^, and ring up their C-19 Utubes ,only to find them fighting among themselves

~S~
Being human, experts never agree on everything but in regard to the coronavirus, leaders in fields of virology, epidemiology, and medical research, nearly all agree the novel coronavirus is spread primarily through the air between humans. Plus both scientists and anyone with common sense agrees that separating people prevents the spread of the virus. The major disagreements occur when experts start making recommendations that have consequences outside of their field, such as epidemiologists recommend that we keep lock down orders in place which has grave economic consequences.
People who want the lockdowns to continue spend a lot of time shouting slogans and congratulating themselves on how they're "the only ones who care about saving lives", but I have yet to hear any of them tell us what their actual plan is for an endgame, or how they envision the future going forward if we were to cave in to their demands.

So I'd really like to know: if you could convince all the governors to continue the lockdowns, what do you think that looks like? How long do you want it to last, and/or what is your metric for ending it? And then what happens? What's your plan going forward from there? Do you have one?
A good place to start is when there are no new cases.

You couldn't figure that out all by yourself? Wow!
That will never happen

Not with our president.
Not with any president

Looks like South Korea, Singapore and other countries are flattening out that curve and reducing their numbers of active cases. Why can't Trump?

Let me know when the combined population numbers of those countries comes close to our actual population number....
There are no excuses for what has happened here. We are supposed to have the best medical facilities and equipment. Our situation was created by poor presidential leadership.

So what was South Korea’s excuse when they got hammered by MERS a few years ago? What was Spain’s excuse now? How about France? UK? It’s a global pandemic. Everyone got overwhelmed.

MERS killed about 36 people in South Korea in 2015.

Spain, didn't react well to COVID. Neither did France and in the U.K. they were seriously considering herd immunity until it got serious.

In the mean time we were better positioned, had more warning and it's still not over with. If you took the NYC area out of the mix the number of cases is only increasing in the United States and now we are going to reopen? Makes perfect sense.

No one is a fan of the lockdowns. Some people just love their mothers, fathers, grandmothers and grandfathers and are not eager to sacrifice them to President Trump's reelection campaign.
Actually that's wrong. Plenty of TDS morons are fans of the lockdowns.

I couldn't care less about your grandma. If you don't her to get COVID-10, then keep her inside and away from people. The rest of us have bills to pay.
Deranged Trump supporters (DTS)like you are here arguing for a chance to go out, get infected, spread the infection and cause more infections and death.
We already know you have a gaurateed source of income and you don't give a fuck if anyone else can pay their mortgages or put food on the table.

The OP asks for some 'end game'?

well mine is to survive the government boots on my neck , which seems to be far worse a fate than C19

~S~
:thankusmile: :clap: :clap: :clap: Could not have said it any better myself,somehow being thrown in jail just for visiting my friends house as thegestapo police do in Michigan or arresting me for staying out past 8pm as they do in California or getting thrown in jail just for canoeing all by yourself in the middle of the ocean also in California,surviving that and being able to avoid that is a much more scary thing for me to have to face than some hoax thats been invented by an evil dictatership we live in.

250 million people world wide are going to be starving if we don’t get our food supply flowing like it was before the lockdown. How long do you expect to keep grandparents away from their grandkids? This is no where near as simple as you claim it to be.

7.8 billion people world wide are looking at a pandemic right now. We might want to end that first.
And only around 46.8 million of the most unhealthy people are looking at death from covid, vs the 3x that amount, 250 million, infants to elderly, are looking at starving to death. 68 million in this country alone are looking at crippling unemployment.

And that's just our country. Anyone who thinks the US economy can collapse without taking every other country with it is high as balls and hallucinating.
Anybody who thinks the economy can be fully productive when people are scared to go to work because they could get sick or die is high as balls and hallucinating.

That is silly.
When only 70k out of 330 million have died, that only 0.021%.
That means only 2 out of every 10,000 people have died.
No one would be scared about going to work if they were not constantly be lied to and facing hysterical propaganda.

And the culprit is obvious.
When a vaccine is available, think about the profits from selling 330 million anxious customers, a vaccine at $100 a shot?
It's not the number that have died that concerns people, it's number that will die. One does not have to be a scientist or a visionary to see where we're going. The average number of covid 19 deaths per day in the US averaged over the last 2 weeks has been 1650/day. If that death rate continues without increasing due to opening up the country, the death toll will rise to 240,000 by the middle of August and exceed 450,000 by the end of the year. And that's if we're successful in opening the country so the death rate does not increase.

But there are two questions that need to be addressed in that.

One, are the lockdowns actually saving people from dying, or are they just delaying it a little? I mean, we've been locked down to varying degrees for a while now, and cases and deaths keep coming up. And whatever the leftists might like to believe, they aren't concentrated in the areas with less-strict lockdowns. If the lockdowns are delaying people getting it and dying from it, that works IF a vaccine or cure is going to come along soon. Otherwise, the end result is going to be the same.

Two, what about the deaths caused by the lockdowns themselves? Anyone who pretends that reopen vs lockdown is a binary choice between deaths vs no deaths is drunk.
I agree. Lock downs or partial openings of economy only delay new cases and deaths until such time as we have a vaccine to prevent covid19, and/or antivirals to treat it. With over 50 different organization developing vaccines and dozens of drug companies working on antivirals, we are almost certain to have a few next year. Once we do, we will begin saving a lot of lives and building confidence in the safety of both consumers, and workers. Then and only then will we see our lives return to normal and long term economic growth.

IMHO, if we completely open up the country, we certainly would have increases in number cases and deaths and consumers would be very reluctant consumers. People would go to the groceries stores because they feel they need to and yes they would dine out occasionally, go to sporting events, and other activities but they would be reluctance to do so fueled by daily reports of rising number deaths and cases. In the end it will consumers, not goverment or business that decide whether the country opens and stays open.

I don't know any way of determining how many deaths occur do to lock-downs. My gut feel is they are a lot less than 75,000 every two months.
Y’all still don’t get it, this is 3 times as infectious as the flu. Apparently an even more infectious strain is starting to take over. The whole 6ft of social distance is nothing more than a show. It’s makes us feel safe as long as where six feet away from each other at the grocery store. A. it’s bullshit as far as there’s no magical barrier that this virus can’t travel past 6 ft in the air. It can’t travel far as fuck depending on things like vapor pressure and ventilation. On top of that it hangs in the air, so you might be walking behind someone with 6ft distance, but in a few seconds you’re going to be right in their previous “airspace”. B. What no one is talking about is indirect transmission meaning you pick it up from touching something that a carrier touched, which is the most likely path of transmission for everyone. We’re all touching the same pin pads and card readers at the grocery store. This is where masks help because it’s stops you from touching your face, but they are in no way 100% effective, not even close.

In other words there is no stopping the spread of this virus. Only slightly slowing it. By the time a vaccine is ready it will be too late. We will have reached herd immunity. The only goal of the shutdown was to make sure our healthcare system doesn’t get overwhelmed. IT WAS NOT TO BUY TIME FOR A VACCINE. The place where this is raging probably the most in the world is NYC. Their hospitals are busy yes, but not overwhelmed. They also live crammed on top of each other, take an elevator that’s been touched 100 times per day, go to the subway that’s been touched a thousand time per day, and then ride on a tube that has thousands of people on it per day. Maybe NY should stay shut down a little longer. But for at least 95% of the rest of the country, there is no logical reason for people under 65, in relatively good health to stay locked down. Our hospitals have almost double the amount of ICU beds, and specialized equipment than most countries in Europe. We also have twice as many specialized medical staff like MDs, RN, and RT’s than Europe does, who many of their doctors are just general practitioners. Like our system or not, it’s damn good at taking care of very sick people compared to Europe. This isn’t going to overwhelm the system. We should encourage the young to go out and catch this as quickly as possible.
Herd Immunity for the virus is estimated at 60% of population has attained immunity. Assuming 17% of the population has been infected but is asymptomatic according to a study from antibody testing. These cases, about 56 million are not counted in current data. Thus we have approximately 1 million known cases and 56 million unknown that hope are immune. That leaves us 163 million cases and about 11 million deaths to go before we reach herd immunity without a vaccine. This of course assumes that humans develop an immunity longer than a few weeks which is so far unproven.

However the worst case is no vaccine and no long term immunity like the HIV virus. That means we will never reach herd immunity. We just have to live with it indefinitely. However, even this dark outcome has a silver lining. We won't have to be as concerned about global warming.
Only 60 million contracted the swine flu. That's only about 1/6th of the population. The numbers you're posting are all shutdown propaganda.

People who want the lockdowns to continue spend a lot of time shouting slogans and congratulating themselves on how they're "the only ones who care about saving lives", but I have yet to hear any of them tell us what their actual plan is for an endgame, or how they envision the future going forward if we were to cave in to their demands.

So I'd really like to know: if you could convince all the governors to continue the lockdowns, what do you think that looks like? How long do you want it to last, and/or what is your metric for ending it? And then what happens? What's your plan going forward from there? Do you have one?

1. It should last as long as necessary to bring the daily cases of new virus down to a level that is very low.
2. From there, with the proper increase in testing, contact tracing, and isolation, then the economy can begin to slowly open up.
3. The rate of new virus cases should be low enough that testers and contact tracers can research and control each case including isolating anyone that came in contact with the positively infected person.
4. This low level of daily new cases and large scale testing and contact tracing, will then make it safe to begin to reopen parts of the economy that are closed.
5. But the United States needs to hire about 200,000 contact tracers and train them.
6. Testing must be increased.
7. Those isolated must be given a place to live away from other people but with their basic needs supplied for 2 to 4 weeks.

The lockdowns would not have been necessary to this degree if we had simply done what TAIWAN did on January 20, 2020. On that date, the blocked all travel from anywhere into the country. Citizens were only let in when they could be tested and had to be isolated for 2 to 4 weeks before they could have physical contact with other people.

The results are that TAIWAN has only had 440 cases, and 6 deaths. There are currently only 79 active cases in Taiwan which are contained their testing, contact tracing and isolation. By June, Taiwan will likely be free of the virus and will be able to lift more restrictions. Schools were able to remain open in Taiwan as well as restaurants.
It should end tomorrow, no ifs ands or buts.

1. It should last as long as necessary to bring the daily cases of new virus down to a level that is very low.
2. From there, with the proper increase in testing, contact tracing, and isolation, then the economy can begin to slowly open up.
3. The rate of new virus cases should be low enough that testers and contact tracers can research and control each case including isolating anyone that came in contact with the positively infected person.
4. This low level of daily new cases and large scale testing and contact tracing, will then make it safe to begin to reopen parts of the economy that are closed.
5. But the United States needs to hire about 200,000 contact tracers and train them.
6. Testing must be increased.
7. Those isolated must be given a place to live away from other people but with their basic needs supplied for 2 to 4 weeks.

The lockdowns would not have been necessary to this degree if we had simply done what TAIWAN did on January 20, 2020. On that date, the blocked all travel from anywhere into the country. Citizens were only let in when they could be tested and had to be isolated for 2 to 4 weeks before they could have physical contact with other people.

The results are that TAIWAN has only had 440 cases, and 6 deaths. There are currently only 79 active cases in Taiwan which are contained their testing, contact tracing and isolation. By June, Taiwan will likely be free of the virus and will be able to lift more restrictions. Schools were able to remain open in Taiwan as well as restaurants.
It should end tomorrow, no ifs ands or buts.
Thankfully we are living in the day and age of the internet where there are alternative media sources to look at instead of trusting and believing everything the mainstream media parrots.back in the sixtys most Americans believed everything the media told them.walter kronkite was like their grandfather to them,they never figured he was a liar.people back then never figured the media was just a tool for the government,that they never investigate anything.now people don’t trust their government anymore cause the media has lost all their credibility with cover up after coverup. I they would never get away with assassinating jfk n this day and age as they did back then.if that happened now in this day ang age of the internet,they would never be able to succeed n lying and fooling so much of the world for over three decades as they did.

trump is not opening anything. It will be up to the governors.
Yes, dems who have been conditioned to expect free money from Uncle Sugar
I really think whites like you really need to drop that lie.
Thats your gratitude for whites freeing your people from slavery?

now instead of begging for civil rights you drop poisoned racisl comments?

but the race card has been race hustlers only play for as long as I can remember

That will never happen

Not with our president.
Not with any president

Looks like South Korea, Singapore and other countries are flattening out that curve and reducing their numbers of active cases. Why can't Trump?

Let me know when the combined population numbers of those countries comes close to our actual population number....
There are no excuses for what has happened here. We are supposed to have the best medical facilities and equipment. Our situation was created by poor presidential leadership.
Obama created it? Yeah, we know.
We know what Obama did. He left a pandemic response team. We're living now with what trump is doing. 6 times the number of deaths than when Obama faced a pandemic and rising.

If the people want a lockdown next year, they can vote for Sleepy Joe. If not, they can vote for the Trumpster.

Let the people decide.

The people are speaking and they majority are saying we aren't ready.
Of course

the helicopter money is still falling from the sky

but thats very short-sighted
Well actually it isn't. But it looks like we are going to try it your way and you better hope it works. I don't see that happening but when the shit hits the fan just make sure you are here to take the drilling I will be giving you trump idiots.
Do you prefer borrowing another 6 trillion and completely bankrupting our country?

what is your upper national debt limit?

and how will you repay it?

I’m advocating that we listen to the experts.
what do we consider to be experts?

virologists? epidemiologists ? regular doctors?

we could pick any one of ^^^^, and ring up their C-19 Utubes ,only to find them fighting among themselves

~S~
Being human, experts never agree on everything but in regard to the coronavirus, leaders in fields of virology, epidemiology, and medical research, nearly all agree the novel coronavirus is spread primarily through the air between humans. Plus both scientists and anyone with common sense agrees that separating people prevents the spread of the virus. The major disagreements occur when experts start making recommendations that have consequences outside of their field, such as epidemiologists recommend that we keep lock down orders in place which has grave economic consequences.

That will never happen

Not with our president.
Not with any president

So what was South Korea’s excuse when they got hammered by MERS a few years ago? What was Spain’s excuse now? How about France? UK? It’s a global pandemic. Everyone got overwhelmed.

MERS killed about 36 people in South Korea in 2015.

Spain, didn't react well to COVID. Neither did France and in the U.K. they were seriously considering herd immunity until it got serious.

In the mean time we were better positioned, had more warning and it's still not over with. If you took the NYC area out of the mix the number of cases is only increasing in the United States and now we are going to reopen? Makes perfect sense.
We should have sealed New York from the rest of America along with china

That will never happen

Not with our president.
Not with any president

We know what Obama did. He left a pandemic response team. We're living now with what trump is doing. 6 times the number of deaths than when Obama faced a pandemic and rising.

If the people want a lockdown next year, they can vote for Sleepy Joe. If not, they can vote for the Trumpster.

Let the people decide.

Of course

Well actually it isn't. But it looks like we are going to try it your way and you better hope it works. I don't see that happening but when the shit hits the fan just make sure you are here to take the drilling I will be giving you trump idiots.
Do you prefer borrowing another 6 trillion and completely bankrupting our country?

Good point right there. If America doesn't promptly open back up and get up to speed in a hurry, this will mean massive austerity. Returning confidence to individuals is the key, not accumulating more debt.

Libs should be concerned too. Socialism fails when a society runs out of other people's money, and that's soon going to happen if we don't get off of our collective asses. Libs can forget Socialized Medicine,they can forget the New Green Deal, the country just won't be able to afford it.

The Post-Corona Era will be won by those societies that have a strong free market and socialized states will revert to Turd World status.

That will never happen

Not with our president.
Not with any president

Let the people decide.

Of course

Good point right there. If America doesn't promptly open back up and get up to speed in a hurry, this will mean massive austerity. Returning confidence to individuals is the key, not accumulating more debt.

Libs should be concerned too. Socialism fails when a society runs out of other people's money, and that's soon going to happen if we don't get off of our collective asses. Libs can forget Socialized Medicine,they can forget the New Green Deal, the country just won't be able to afford it.

The Post-Corona Era will be won by those societies that have a strong free market and socialized states will revert to Turd World status.

Too late.

That will never happen

Not with our president.
Not with any president

Let the people decide.

Of course

Too late.
Its clearly too late to return to the same great economy we had in December

but the longer we wait the more damage the shutdown will cause

That will never happen

Not with our president.
Not with any president

Let the people decide.

Of course

Too late.

Yeah, maybe we should have taken those steps to open up responsibly serious. Like massive amounts of testing for starters but we got stuck with some asshole who can't seem to pull his head out of his ass to make this a priority. On a per capita basis we have failed. We're now going to open up too soon and without the confidence of many consumers and future outbreaks almost guaranteed. The U.S. if you take away the NYC area is increasing in the number of cases and deaths, not decreasing. Gee, I wonder what will happen, it's so tragically predictable.

That will never happen

Not with our president.
Not with any president

Let the people decide.

Of course

Too late.

Personally, I'm optimistic, and think that this dip can be turned around in a hurry. All of the same tremendous production facilities, housing, stores, whatever, that existed are still standing. The death toll from the corona virus hasn't hurt the nation's human capital situation at all.

But getting people moving is the key, and moving America back up to speed in a hurry is the key.

That will never happen

Not with our president.
Not with any president

Let the people decide.

Of course

Too late.

Personally, I'm optimistic, and think that this dip can be turned around in a hurry. All of the same tremendous production facilities, housing, stores, whatever, that existed are still standing. The death toll from the corona virus hasn't hurt the nation's human capital situation at all.

But getting people moving is the key, and moving America back up to speed in a hurry is the key.

Neat, kid. I'm sure it will work out just like that.

Yeah, maybe we should have taken those steps to open up responsibly serious. Like massive amounts of testing for starters but we got stuck with some asshole who can't seem to pull his head out of his ass to make this a priority. On a per capita basis we have failed
There you go with the usual coulda, woulda, shoulda monday morning quarterbacking

the question is how do we save a million lives by opening back up?

or do we stay shut down and let them die?

libs seem to prefer the second choice

Yeah, maybe we should have taken those steps to open up responsibly serious. Like massive amounts of testing for starters but we got stuck with some asshole who can't seem to pull his head out of his ass to make this a priority. On a per capita basis we have failed
There you go with the usual coulda, woulda, shoulda monday morning quarterbacking

the question is how do we save a million lives by opening back up?

or do we stay shut down and let them die?

libs seem to prefer the second choice

It's not Monday morning quarterbacking when it's been known for months now that we don't have enough testing.

We also know that social distancing works. It has reduced the number of cases in New York, Hawaii for the first time reported no new cases since Mid March and Orleans Parish also did not report a new case for two days. Yet, still if you remove NYC from the rest of the country we know that cases in the U.S. are still going up. You're not going to rebuild the economy when most people don't trust actions being taken and in a couple of weeks when it's apparent that opening up too soon gets people either sick or dead then it's just going to kill the economy again and what did we get in return except further delays to normalcy? Again, it;s tragic how obvious this is going to work out.

Forum List

Back